Ed Hochuli 3:16

1. Barrett Jones, C, Alabama

--Love

2. DJ Fluker, T, Alabama

--Love

4. Gerald Hodges, OLB, Penn State

--Good pick and value.

5. Zach Sudfeld, TE, Nevada

--6'6, 255 pounds, 45 catches and 9 TD's this past year.

6. Aaron Mellette, WR, Elon

--6'3, 220 pounds, 97 catches and 18 TD's in 2012.

7. DJ Harper, RB, Boise State

--Smaller back at 5'9, 205 but had 15 TD's this past season.

(the comments under each player are my comments)

The top 5 look great...and just what we need...

--Love

2. DJ Fluker, T, Alabama

--Love

--Good pick and value.

--Love

2. DJ Fluker, T, Alabama

--Love

--Good pick and value.

The 1st and 2nd would be huge, then getting a LB and 3 skill positions? That would be sweet. 40% of the Bama O-Line? I'll take it. However, based on the odds of early mock draft accuracy, the Bears will not draft any of these guys.

--Love

2. DJ Fluker, T, Alabama

--Love

--Good pick and value.

Now that would be great. Getting just jones and fluker would be awesome. Only question is does fluker come out

Guest TerraTor

--Love

2. DJ Fluker, T, Alabama

--Love

--Good pick and value.

Vomited everywhere.... Penn State

Guest TerraTor
Vomited everywhere.... Penn State

If we end up with 2 OL at 20 and 50, I will puke.. But I will clean it up because we need them. I just personally hate OL high.

Ya, taking the leading tackler from the nations 16th rated defense in the 4th round would be awful...I too am just puking over the thought...think of the children!

As far as the mock goes... Meh. Clearly the Oline needs to be addresses but I'd much rather get a proven LT in free agency over handing Fluker or Carimi the job. Unless of course they move Carimi inside where he showed some kind of promise and go with Fluker/Carimi/Jones/Garza/provenLT which now that I look at it looks sexy as hell.

Ya, taking the leading tackler from the nations 16th rated defense in the 4th round would be awful...I too am just puking over the thought...think of the children!

As far as the mock goes... Meh. Clearly the Oline needs to be addresses but I'd much rather get a proven LT in free agency over handing Fluker or Carimi the job. Unless of course they move Carimi inside where he showed some kind of promise and go with Fluker/Carimi/Jones/Garza/provenLT which now that I look at it looks sexy as hell.

Question i have is what position is best for Jone. He's played all over the line and won awards at different positions to boot. I know most rank him as either a center or tackle so could he possibly handle LT. If so could be better to do that instead of backing up the brinks truck to get an injury risk of Long. Just wondering

TerraTor now i admit its been awhile since I've been on here but i distinctly remember u hating every move we make lol

He's been known to have a knack for the melodramatic. :)

But I would be shocked if two of Alabama's OLmen were still available for the Bears. Although, like TT, I'm not a fan of picking OL that high..let alone two.

Question i have is what position is best for Jone. He's played all over the line and won awards at different positions to boot. I know most rank him as either a center or tackle so could he possibly handle LT. If so could be better to do that instead of backing up the brinks truck to get an injury risk of Long. Just wondering

It's really hard for me to say. I base all my judgement off scouting reports when it comes to the college game. There are reports that say he can start at all 5 positions from day 1 but then there is also ones like the following

From NFLmocks.com

Barrett Jones has better athleticism than he is commonly given credit for, but he’ not an elite athlete. Jones is a smart, versatile offensive linemen who has played everywhere along the line for the Crimson Tide, he, however is probably ideally suited to play guard at the N.F.L. level. Jones has an excellent ability to sheild off the primary defender and then get to the second level, and he also blocks well in space…a really nice guard prospect, but I think if he’s a tackle he’s an average N.F.L tackle....shorter than ideal arms? I’ll know that for sure when he gets measured at the combine, they look short though (and that’s a big knock in scouting circles for Tackles)

NFL draft monsters-

Jones has always been a sound pass protector and it’ll be interesting to see how Jones does since he is moving to the Center this year for Alabama. What does become a little frustrating to watch with Jones is him struggling at times with the top speed rushers in college football. This may have had something to do with him sliding inside. For the most part Jones’ technique has been able to help him out vs. those players. However, when Jones’ footwork broke down, it was apparent that he didn’t have the high end athletic ability to match up with those guys

Like I said, with a player like Jones it's really hard to tell, so if the Bears have the $$ which it sounds like they do I'd rather grab the proven commodity.

And for the record I'm not calling for Long, I'm calling for Beatty, who should be cheaper.

Back to the mock draft though, I only go OL with the first 2 picks if BLac's back. If he's not, which I can see happening, you gotta go LB in one of those rounds.

We can bet some one other than Long, trusting a rookie coming in and be very good is short sightedness. He may be better in the long run, but we need someone good now not 2 years from now. Look at this year and there are only a few OL that had a marginial impact, Kalil, Schwarzt, Ziegler,Silatolu. 3 of them were high draft picks. We may get lucky and grab one at 20 that can start, but may be asking too much.

--Love

2. DJ Fluker, T, Alabama

--Love

--Good pick and value.

NOW WE'RE TALKING!

Although, I'm still firmly opposed to drafting a pass-catching TE when the pass-catching TE on the roster has never been given a chance to play as a TE.

And for the record I'm not calling for Long, I'm calling for Beatty, who should be cheaper.

Isn't that just a thicker bandaid than the one that's been used for several years now? Also, Beatty has an injury history with a broken leg in college and a bad back in the 2012 camp. Do you seriously advocate another OT with a bad back after what the Bears have dealt with recently?

Isn't that just a thicker bandaid than the one that's been used for several years now? Also, Beatty has an injury history with a broken leg in college and a bad back in the 2012 camp. Do you seriously advocate another OT with a bad back after what the Bears have dealt with recently?

The back certainly didn't slow him down one bit as he was rated among the top tackles in pass black efficiency. Same could be said for the leg that happened 4+ years ago.