Samuri Mike

Guest TerraTor

Guest TerraTor
You know I'm in.

Dam right... I want coaches/bosses who hold people accountable....

Did u ever see anyone of ours ever yell at J Webb? Or guys getting stupid penalties? I sure as shit do not

He basicalky drafted almost all of SF's studs at Lb

Willis, Bowman...

Not to mention the OL he built while in SF and Suggs in Baltimore

TT dude here lately you have been on fire. Good post. The reason why Singletary even got HC consideration in SF was because of how well the defense was playing. The only difference is that in Balt and SF he worked under Mike Nolan's 3-4 scheme but I'm sure he has forgotten more about being in the 4-3 than others even know.

Guest TerraTor

Thanks Lemon

My thing with coaching and supervision is accountability.

I remember Idonije either in the Seattle game or GB this year getting a completely rediculous Roughing penalty on a 3rd and Long which woulda gave us the ball back. He hit the QB like a moron and low and behold we ended up losing.

My memory sucks cuz i like beer, but i know for a fact after that drive Izzy came off the field amd not one.coach said a friggin word. Mikey woulda ripped.his head off. Lovie just stare off at the Titantron

these guys arnt peewee players that u dont wanna make cry. They are proffesionals and when they freak up they need to hear about it. Personally i dont respond to tenderness and "itll b ok". At a proff level, i wanna be told " hey dipshit, you know better. Do it again and your ass is benched"

Thanks Lemon

I remember Idonije either in the Seattle game or GB this year getting a completely rediculous Roughing penalty on a 3rd and Long which woulda gave us the ball back. He hit the QB like a moron and low and behold we ended up losing.

My memory sucks cuz i like beer, but i know for a fact after that drive Izzy came off the field amd not one.coach said a friggin word. Mikey woulda ripped.his head off. Lovie just stare off at the Titantron

these guys arnt peewee players that u dont wanna make cry. They are proffesionals and when they freak up they need to hear about it. Personally i dont respond to tenderness and "itll b ok". At a proff level, i wanna be told " hey dipshit, you know better. Do it again and your ass is benched"

I agree with you TT!!!! I think Mike would be a great DC for us.

Thanks Lemon

My praise was not to stroke you but to be honest about the posts that you started and some of your responses to other posts and you are right about accountability. Your ability to pull up a specific play this late after the season is impressive. So with me continuing to sound like a recording I know you will not hold back if I ask you what about Butch Davis to replace Marinelli?

Guest TerraTor
My praise was not to stroke you but to be honest about the posts that you started and some of your responses to other posts and you are right about accountability. Your ability to pull up a specific play this late after the season is impressive. So with me continuing to sound like a recording I know you will not hold back if I ask you what about Butch Davis to replace Marinelli?

I understand. And my ability to recall plays is second to none only because i.will hold that grudge until fault is admitted...ha!

His success is a bit too long ago (90s Dallas) for me to comment. I was a teen

Guest TerraTor
How did he basically draft Willis and Bowman? And how did he have anything to do with building that offensive line?

DC with Willis

HC with Bowman

And he was HC with half the OL they drafted in 2010

Guy is a motivational speaker and minister

DC with Willis

HC with Bowman

And he was HC with half the OL they drafted in 2010

Guy is a motivational speaker and minister

Singletary was never a defensive coordinator, and he was only a head coach for one offseason. He didn't draft Navarro Bowman, and Navarro Bowman did not play like he does now until the season after Singletary was fired. He was a terrible head coach, and just because he played for the Bears doesn't mean anything to me. I could care less. I want good coaches, not crazed lunatics.

Guest TerraTor
Singletary was never a defensive coordinator, and he was only a head coach for one offseason. He didn't draft Navarro Bowman, and Navarro Bowman did not play like he does now until the season after Singletary was fired. He was a terrible head coach, and just because he played for the Bears doesn't mean anything to me. I could care less. I want good coaches, not crazed lunatics.

Whatever u say

My thoughts exactly

I totally agree with you. He was not responsible for any good that came in SF.

I totally agree with you. He was not responsible for any good that came in SF.

What? In 2009, Singletary's start as HC: Michael Crabtree drafted #10 Round 1, (coincidently the 49ers traded their 2nd and 4th round picks for Carolina's 1st round in 2010) where they selected Mike Iupati and before that, in the same round, picked Anthony Davis. But getting back to '09; although Singletary didn't draft him Dalshon Goldsen (sp?) started to come on strong and five players made the pro bowl.

Finishing the earlier comment on 2010, Singletary was still head coach when they drafted Navarro Bowman in round 3 and made a trade for Ted Ginn Jr in later rounds. (All of this was found on Wikipedia by the way...don't tell Brian).

And who could forget: "Cannot play with them. Cannot coach with them. Cannot do it. I want winners." after he sent Vernon Davis to the locker room during the middle of a game against Seattle.

If Emery and Trestman are happy then so am I, but he did not impress me with his performance in SF. He came across as immature and way over the top....

Nor did Belichick's performance in Cleveland and Pete Carroll's performance in NE impress me....

"Way over the top" is what you want, especially coming from a Hall of Famer who played Defense....isn't that how Ray Lewis "appears"?

Emery said today he had a great interview. If Emery and Trestman want him on the staff, fine, but it better not be because he used to play for the Bears.

If Emery and Trestman are happy then so am I, but he did not impress me with his performance in SF. He came across as immature and way over the top....

Ya thats what I was getting at. Emery doesn't seem like the type of guy who will sign him just because he's a former player here. If the interview went great and he's hired, i suspect it's because of just that his interview was great...

I'm kinda leaning towards wanting Hoke as DC and Singletary in charge of the LBs.