Hester wants a fresh start

'TD'

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/...start/#comments

I hope he gets that fresh start. His mind wasn't in games according to him because he wasn't being used enough. He doesn't want to play offense for the Bears if he isn't traded. Let him go and free up some money for some O-Linemen. Trade him for Tebow or something, lol.

Im all for trading him just not for tebow lol. Last yr Hester was worth a 4th Nd i imagine his value has dropped some. So then what's realistic here. A 5th maybe

“To be honest with you, if I’m still here, I don’t want to play offense,” he said. “I don’t think my role [on offense] will fit. I can’t truly say that with the new offense, but from past experience, I don’t think it will fit. .

“Not only this year, but the last couple of years it has been like that,” Hester said. “It was really starting to show, why I was frustrated.

I could be wrong, but it sounds to me like Hester and Cutler may have issues. He is wanting a fresh start on a random team so he can be utilized to play right. He doesn't think it will happen here even with a new coaching staff. He don't think he will fit, and doesn't want to play offense for the Bears. Only real common link is Cutler.

I could be wrong, but it sounds to me like Hester and Cutler may have issues. He is wanting a fresh start on a random team so he can be utilized to play right. He doesn't think it will happen here even with a new coaching staff. He don't think he will fit, and doesn't want to play offense for the Bears. Only real common link is Cutler.

He wants a fresh start, not play offense. I am all for that some where else. But because he was good a few years ago we should keep him around and let him get us those 14 yards kick off returns. Screw that , let him go and find a rookie to move forward with.

It might also be due to Marshall and Jeffery. Hester is now 4th or 5th on the depth chart, so he is obviously not going to get the looks he wants.

To me, he is shooting himself in the foot with these comments.

He'd have issues with Tom Brady. He can't catch a cold.

It might also be due to Marshall and Jeffery. Hester is now 4th or 5th on the depth chart, so he is obviously not going to get the looks he wants.

To me, he is shooting himself in the foot with these comments.

The reason I figured it was an issue between him and Cutler was because he said last couple years. Marshall and Jeffery just came this year. Not that it really matters either way, I may just be reading too much into it.

I think its more a issue with Coordinators that didnt utilize him the way they did before. He was reurning Punts and Kick offs, That has gone the way of the dodo in recent years. He has not had a return for TD for a couple years now. Let him return and back up at wide out. He is more dangerous doing that then anytime on the field with the offense.

I think its more a issue with Coordinators that didnt utilize him the way they did before. He was reurning Punts and Kick offs, That has gone the way of the dodo in recent years. He has not had a return for TD for a couple years now. Let him return and back up at wide out. He is more dangerous doing that then anytime on the field with the offense.

His last return for a TD was November of 2011 (he had 3 that season).

Peace :dabears

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/...start/#comments

I hope he gets that fresh start. His mind wasn't in games according to him because he wasn't being used enough. He doesn't want to play offense for the Bears if he isn't traded. Let him go and free up some money for some O-Linemen. Trade him for Tebow or something, lol.

Wait. I'm confused: first he wants to retire 'cause Lovie is gone. Now he wants traded 'cause Lovie & co. didn't use him correctly. But Lovie's gone, so what does this kid want?

So you want to pay a backup WR 2.8 that cant return punts and kickoffs anymore. I think I will pass on that.

So you want to pay a backup WR 2.8 that cant return punts and kickoffs anymore. I think I will pass on that.

If he is soley doing Returns the way he used to, then yes, I would pay him that much. As Tory Holt said that man changes games.

I think I'd rather have Weems for $650k who's a better returner and receiver at this point anyway.

Who says Weems is better? They kept hester off the Ko and put him in sparingly. No rythm whats so ever, No way to learn his blocks with new members of the team. There was a bunch factors for his downgrade in TD's. Weems has yet to show me anything yet. Hester , we know what he could do if only he was returning KO and Punts fulltime.

Maybe he reads the writing on the wall with a new head coach who expects everyone to know their job and run their routes correctly. Come to think ofi t, Cutler had that same expectation too. Add in the other post's comments about Marshall and Jeffrey and it seems Hester just doesn't like the competition on the roster. Lovie and Drake coddled him for years (he's a #1 WR before he even played WR) and he's going to struggle to find that kind of affection anywhere else.

I'm all for a trade.

If he is soley doing Returns the way he used to, then yes, I would pay him that much. As Tory Holt said that man changes games.

Who says Weems is better? They kept hester off the Ko and put him in sparingly. No rythm whats so ever, No way to learn his blocks with new members of the team. There was a bunch factors for his downgrade in TD's. Weems has yet to show me anything yet. Hester , we know what he could do if only he was returning KO and Punts fulltime.

If you look at history all KRers always start to go downhill around that age. He is what he is. He cant do it anymore, and dont have Lovie to protect him. He will be gone.

I think I'd rather have Weems for $650k who's a better returner and receiver at this point anyway.

Agreed fully. One thing to note is that Toub is no longer here with the blocking schemes Hester thrived under. Watching Jacoby Jones last night tells you how much speed Hester has lost. His 2.7 mil will be better used elsewhere. Trade him if possible. If not, cut him...

How much hit do we take if we cut him? It might make more sense to just let him play his contract out...

Agreed fully. One thing to note is that Toub is no longer here with the blocking schemes Hester thrived under. Watching Jacoby Jones last night tells you how much speed Hester has lost. His 2.7 mil will be better used elsewhere. Trade him if possible. If not, cut him...

How much hit do we take if we cut him? It might make more sense to just let him play his contract out...

I think it's minimal. Anyway, he's offering nothing, so it's time to give someone else the roster spot. If you can save enough for the vet minimum, I'm good with it.

Same with Spencer, Davis, and Spaeth...

If you look at history all KRers always start to go downhill around that age. He is what he is. He cant do it anymore, and dont have Lovie to protect him. He will be gone.

Hester has a few problems one he needs to shut up and play, two he needs to use his speed and talent to run the ball north and south with a few fakes and jukes here and there on punts and kick offs not east and west, and third catch the ball....if he does those things he will be happy again

Hester has a few problems one he needs to shut up and play, two he needs to use his speed and talent to run the ball north and south with a few fakes and jukes here and there on punts and kick offs not east and west, and third catch the ball....if he does those things he will be happy again

Use his speed? What speed?

BTW - Hester is getting killed in the comments to his Facebook page. He asked about Derek Rose coming back from injury, and about a fourth of the replies are asking about him leaving Chicago, or crying, or falling off the last few years.

C'mon man. That dude still has ELITE speed. He just has subpar vision (now) and decision-making abilities.

He does? I haven't seen it. On kick returns and punt returns, he looked hesitant and slow. There were a few times that I thought he was chased down. In 2006 and 2007, that wouldn't have happened. He put on weight in an attempt to be a WR, and so he doesn't have elite speed anymore. Is it "good" speed? Maybe, but that won't cut it when your game was based off of speed.