Goodbye to Urlacher

Ed Hochuli 3:16

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont think the new regime wanted him back so they made a offer and wasnt trying to negotiate, he just wanted more money and we wasnt given it to him.

They wanted him back, but at a price that reflected his performance. He was awful last year and theres nothing the show he'll be better. Sometimes vets need to be shown the door. He was and got no offers. Now hes crying cause he feels dissed. I would never feel anything but joy if someone wanted me for that price. Ask any talented rookie that would probably bring more to the table.

I would not be surprised to see him sign with another team, play all 16 games and earn a spot on the Pro Bowl.

Sorry to see him leave. I would prefer he retires because if what I just said before come true, I am going to be really pissed off.

They wanted him back, but at a price that reflected his performance. He was awful last year and theres nothing the show he'll be better. Sometimes vets need to be shown the door. He was and got no offers. Now hes crying cause he feels dissed. I would never feel anything but joy if someone wanted me for that price. Ask any talented rookie that would probably bring more to the table.

I think they made an offer to appease the fans, but it sure doesnt seem they were that interested in bringing him back to me.

If what we just witnessed with them letting Roach go and telling Hester you"re a returnman only and telling Urlacher you are only worth 2 million, tells me that Briggs and Tillman can't be far behind with this type of thinking going on.

Briggs and Tillman are still very good players.

Peace :dabears

The low ball offer pretty much tells you that they didn't want him back. They tried to cover it up with public comments that made it seem as if they really wanted him. They obviously felt like it was a time for a fresh start.

I was taking my Son in Law to the store and listening to the Score and it was mentioned that in an interview with our HC he said he felt Brian could help our team if brought back as a "2 down" LB. That would indicate that they really did not see him returning to the form he once had. Still think we are going to miss him and regret not having him back. Time will tell.

I was taking my Son in Law to the store and listening to the Score and it was mentioned that in an interview with our HC he said he felt Brian could help our team if brought back as a "2 down" LB. That would indicate that they really did not see him returning to the form he once had. Still think we are going to miss him and regret not having him back. Time will tell.

He is crying like a baby that they didnt negotiate with him, he was disrespected. He is a whiny little bitch. If he really wanted to play for the Bears he would have took the 2mil and kept his mouth shut, but he thinks he is worth at least 3 mil. It is time to let go of the old and have a fresh start. The time is about moving forward and trying to get youth to this team and win a SB, not hanging posters of our past heros in the locker room. My German Sheppard is 11 years old now, and when she dies, I will feel bad for a moment and get a new dog to get attached to. THATS LIFE

Urlacher is on Sirius right now and said "I wouldn't play for $2 million...not for the Bears at least." Then get the f*** out. "At least?" What the f*** does that mean?

He is a ego tripper, he held them hostage several years ago when he wanted more money added to his contract. He was a great player,and was good to his team mates but he is quite the inflated ego when it comes to him personally

Wonder what would have happened had Major Wright not destroyed Urlacher's knee in the game against the Vikings.

Sucks to see an All-Time great go out because of a contract dispute, but it was probably time. Thanks for the memories, 54.

Lovie destroyed his knee in a meaningless game so he could say he didn't have a losing season. 54 had a pro bowl year and easily could have had another pro bowl last year if not for the knee rehab. That set him back with no preseason games. He still lead the team in tackles in week 13 when he suffered a hammy. I'm not saying they should have gave him the 5, but 2.75-3 would have been doable and if he's healthy that's a hell of a bargain.

Guest TerraTor
He is crying like a baby that they didnt negotiate with him, he was disrespected. He is a whiny little bitch. If he really wanted to play for the Bears he would have took the 2mil and kept his mouth shut, but he thinks he is worth at least 3 mil. It is time to let go of the old and have a fresh start. The time is about moving forward and trying to get youth to this team and win a SB, not hanging posters of our past heros in the locker room. My German Sheppard is 11 years old now, and when she dies, I will feel bad for a moment and get a new dog to get attached to. THATS LIFE

Youre a moron

http://my.chicagotribune.com/#section/-1/a...e/p2p-74726051/

He was wiling to negotiate and play for 3m. The Bears were not. Bad move. Period. And anyone saying he sucked just wasn't watching the games. He wasn't an all pro anymore, but he was serviceable. Slap in the face, just like I said before.

I disagree. Read every analyst or writer. Matt Bowen played and watches film for a living. He says Urlacher doesn't have it anymore. It's Emery's call and he made it. This should also make fans excited that it truly is Emery in charge and nobody else. Everyone will miss him and everyone loved him.

You mean Briggs. All else is garbage. Thank Lovie Smith for that

Hence the puking emoticon...

I disagree. Read every analyst or writer. Matt Bowen played and watches film for a living. He says Urlacher doesn't have it anymore. It's Emery's call and he made it. This should also make fans excited that it truly is Emery in charge and nobody else. Everyone will miss him and everyone loved him.

It's the kind of move people new to management make just so they can say they out their stamp on being in charge. It's just popular to rag on Urlacher right now. He was flexible, but the Bears were not. It's poor management, poor negotiation, a poor example for future vet contracts, and poor leadership. Not to mention the fact it hamstrings the Bears in the draft. Bad move.

If what we just witnessed with them letting Roach go and telling Hester you"re a returnman only and telling Urlacher you are only worth 2 million, tells me that Briggs and Tillman can't be far behind with this type of thinking going on.

Briggs, Tillman, Peppers, Jennings..and any other player that Urlacher had some influence to join the team could take this as a slap in their face as well.

For what its worth, and more to the point of what Jason was saying, Urlacher was on course to lead the team in tackles before his hamstring injury late in the season. He was not playing horribly..that is fact. He was just not playing HOF caliber.

It's the kind of move people new to management make just so they can say they out their stamp on being in charge. It's just popular to rag on Urlacher right now. He was flexible, but the Bears were not. It's poor management, poor negotiation, a poor example for future vet contracts, and poor leadership. Not to mention the fact it hamstrings the Bears in the draft. Bad move.

This couldn't be more wrong. So if the Bears offered Tillman a 2 year deal now, he'd say no? Would Marshall?

They offered him, according to Urlacher, a better deal a week ago. Was that poor management by the Bears?

How does this hamstring the Bears? They were going to take 2 LB's anyway. Did you want them going into 2013 with only Urlacher as an option at MLB? They just have to take one in round 1 now.

Well said

Sorry to see him go. He carried himself with Chicago Bear pride and character on and off the field ('cept for that bastard child with the prostitute incident). I'm especially sad that the best Bear since the '85 era probably won't retire a Bear like Butkus, Singletary, Payton, Sayers. The new era Bears are just another soulless quick fix team, but I guess that's par for the course these days.

I also bet Trestman doesn't care that much whether the D is good these next two years because unles he 'loses the team', he can be relatively sure he won't be fired until more like years 3 and 4. I worry seeing someone like Trestman who's not known for his defensive genius, dismantling an obviously great D (I think we were the #1 or #2 rated D last year in that rating system that weights things in an effort to compare apples to apples). Whatever we've paid Urlacher over these years, it wasn't half what he's been worth to Chicago. I hope he can let it go, knowing the new guys who ran him out of towntown aren't really even Bears yet until they've been battle tested.

Actually, I hope Urlacher retires. ...gives his body the rest it needs and I don't have to see him wearing the enemy's uniform.