Jason Campbell Signs with the Browns

Wesson44

#BringingRexyBack

I wouldn't mind a 5th or 6th rounder on a QB Trestman likes. Matt Scott is a name I like in those rounds. From what I read he gets the ball out quick and he can do some things with his feet as well...They've done quite a bit in FA to make this a possibility.

Looks like it's gonna be McCown. I actually thought he was pretty serviceable when he was forced into action 2 years ago. Looked good in pre-season last year. If McCown would have to fill in for a game this season, I think we will be okay. If Cutler goes down with another season ending injury, like with the thumb, then the Bears are screwed anyways. Very few teams are fortunate enough to have a backup who's good enough to take over a team and lead you into the playoffs.

Did you not watch Campbell play last year? He was horrible. Bring back McCown as a backup.

Peace :dabears

Yes i watched the games he played in and agree that he was horrible and SCARED to throw the ball, but this is not what we do with him gone .....but rather who do we get to replace him. Im glad he is gone he was too costly in the first place.... So lets go bring back Grossman or get V Young or someone who is not scared to throw the ball or runs when he needs too

Yes i watched the games he played in and agree that he was horrible and SCARED to throw the ball, but this is not what we do with him gone .....but rather who do we get to replace him. Im glad he is gone he was too costly in the first place.... So lets go bring back Grossman or get V Young or someone who is not scared to throw the ball or runs when he needs too

I'll take McCown or Rexy. I'd also like to see a running QB as a 3rd option. When in doubt, run like hell!!!

I'm not sure is a Trestman type Qb. It will probably be McCown.

Addition by subtraction. The guy sucked in college and he was no better in the NFL. He was not the brightest color in the rainbow. All he did was hand off to Ronnie Brown and Cadilac Anderson in college. My Redskins friends were excited when they got him and told them just wait and see....let's just they were ecstatic when he was gone

Don't love the idea of spending a draft pick on a back-up. I saw that Vince Young threw at the Texas Pro Day and was reportedly impressive. I'd be open to it . . .

Vince Young is generally a terrible idea. Guy's had more chances than anyone I can remember to do something productive. He's just not going to be a successful football player.

If the Bears think McCown can be a useful player out of the gate, then this would be a good year to grab a backup in the middle to late rounds and try to spend a season or two on development.

Looks like it's gonna be McCown. I actually thought he was pretty serviceable when he was forced into action 2 years ago. Looked good in pre-season last year. If McCown would have to fill in for a game this season, I think we will be okay. If Cutler goes down with another season ending injury, like with the thumb, then the Bears are screwed anyways. Very few teams are fortunate enough to have a backup who's good enough to take over a team and lead you into the playoffs.

Ha Ha Ha Ha can you say 49ers, Tevans, Patriots each and a back up lead them into the playoffs

I don't understand a word of this.

Very few teams are fortunate enough to have a backup who's good enough to take over a team and lead you into the playoffs.[/

I was just thinking the when brady went down Cassel lead them to the playoffs and the same thing With Smith from the 49ers and Schaub with the Texans v young with the Titans...it has happened before and some times do have back up QB'S that can handle the load. So do you think Flynn from the Seahawks can do it?

Very few teams are fortunate enough to have a backup who's good enough to take over a team and lead you into the playoffs.[/

I was just thinking the when brady went down Cassel lead them to the playoffs and the same thing With Smith from the 49ers and Schaub with the Texans v young with the Titans...it has happened before and some times do have back up QB'S that can handle the load. So do you think Flynn from the Seahawks can do it?

I don't get what you're disagreeing with. You basically just proved my point. It doesn't happen that often.

This is scary for the AFC. The Browns now have the possibility of Campbell throwing to Kellen Davis.

"Campbell drops back and throws over the middle to Kellen Davis, the ball is a little high, tipped by Davis, and ooooohhhh, it is Intercepted"