Dolphins sign Lance Louis

balta1701-A

Miami’s free agent spending spree has slowed down, but it hasn’t stopped: The Dolphins announced today that they have signed free agent guard Lance Louis.
Link

@caplannfl 4m

Lance Louis agreed to a one-year deal, 3-4 other teams were interested, but it came down to the Dolphins giving him a chance to start.

Link

@caplannfl 4m

Lance Louis agreed to a one-year deal, 3-4 other teams were interested, but it came down to the Dolphins giving him a chance to start.

What's funny about that quote is, "It came down to the Dolphins giving him a chance to start." Huh? If healthy, he could be penciled in as a starter for the Bears at LG, RG, or RT. What that quote really means is the Dolphins gave him the most money. Starting had nothing to do with it.

Right now we have James Brown, Gabe Carimi, and Edwin Williams as our guards. I REALLY hope we cough up the dough to sign Brandon Moore.

Not worth 4 million average player at best. I liked what James Brown did in the last 3 games and if Carimi knee is fully healed and he hits the gym and comes back strong Kromer might perform wonders although an upgrade at centre is needed due to others consistently being pushed around.

If we can land Frederick, Barrett Jones, or Schwienke I will be happy. I just wish we had a 3rd RD bc I think that's were they end up. Draft a center allows Garza to kick out to guard where he can be servicable for one year. I still hope to have a shot at Cooper or Warmack, but I keep hearing how we really like Arthor Brown at LB.

If we can land Frederick, Barrett Jones, or Schwienke I will be happy. I just wish we had a 3rd RD bc I think that's were they end up. Draft a center allows Garza to kick out to guard where he can be servicable for one year. I still hope to have a shot at Cooper or Warmack, but I keep hearing how we really like Arthor Brown at LB.

We need to draft Jones to play center and Cooper at guard .....Garza is on the way out as his play has declined

What's funny about that quote is, "It came down to the Dolphins giving him a chance to start." Huh? If healthy, he could be penciled in as a starter for the Bears at LG, RG, or RT. What that quote really means is the Dolphins gave him the most money. Starting had nothing to do with it.

Right now we have James Brown, Gabe Carimi, and Edwin Williams as our guards. I REALLY hope we cough up the dough to sign Brandon Moore.

This is all so funny to me as he is a starter in Chicago and he joins a Dolphins offensive line that returns both of last year’s starting guards, Richie Incognito and John Jerry. Stupid is what stupid does.....so now maybe he will get more money to sit on the bench if he cant beat out the two starters with his bad knee!!!......lol

You know I was wondering why all these player are jumping to the Dolphins? It must be the money....because the way I look at it...when was the last time the "fins" made it into the playoffs, or better yet had a wining season? I cant remember its been so long....just sayimg

You know I was wondering why all these player are jumping to the Dolphins? It must be the money....because the way I look at it...when was the last time the "fins" made it into the playoffs, or better yet had a wining season? I cant remember its been so long....just sayimg

1. Money

2. Money

3. Money

4. Weather

As funny as that may seem, it's true. There is no question that Jeff Ireland is the worst GM in football. He repeatedly makes stupid signings, trades, and draft picks. He even is a gigantic scumbag.

Also to take into account is recovering from the knee injury. I have seen a lot of statements that have assumed that Carimi's poor play could have been attributed to recovering from injury, not being able to train in the weight room and losing weight. His bench press at the combine indicated he has strength although poor technique could negate that. I think this will be an interesting training camp for Carimi especially with Kromer working him although Tice was supposed to be a great line coach.

I think the Bears backed off Louis after they signed Scott. It appears they are moving Carimi inside. I still expect an OG in the draft and in the later rounds a Center. Not so sure about Jones as the more I've read about him lately the more it seems his lack of athleticism will make him an average player. In day 3 he's a yes but Rd 2 not and I don't think I'd draft him in Rd 3 (if we end up with a pick) as there will probably be better value in taking a WR, LB, or CB there.

I think the Bears backed off Louis after they signed Scott. It appears they are moving Carimi inside. I still expect an OG in the draft and in the later rounds a Center. Not so sure about Jones as the more I've read about him lately the more it seems his lack of athleticism will make him an average player. In day 3 he's a yes but Rd 2 not and I don't think I'd draft him in Rd 3 (if we end up with a pick) as there will probably be better value in taking a WR, LB, or CB there.

I think he will be going higher than most predict. He will never make it out of the 2nd round.

Darn. He was about the only OLman worth a darn last couple years.

So maybe now the plan should be to draft someone like Barrett Jones (who can do both C/G) and have him replace (if not this year) Garza at Center? Garza should go back to playing Guard.

If this isn't a sure sign that the Bears need to invest early and heavily in OL, then I don't know what is. With any luck Jones is slipping like some say, and the Bears can get him in the 4th. I'd love to see a Bama OL draft of OG Warmack in the first and C Jones later.

I hope you're right, and I hope everyone passes on him, because there is no way in hell he's a late round talent. I've watched him pretty closely the past few years, and he's been a stud for quite some time. He's been kicking ass in the SEC (pretty much the NFL's JV) at multiple positions since he was just a pup. If the Bears get him in the 4th, or in the 3rd after a trade down, it will be a huge steal. He's easily worth a 3rd round pick, and probably should be an early 2nd rounder if his college dominance and versatility has anything to do with it.

I hope you're right, and I hope everyone passes on him, because there is no way in hell he's a late round talent. I've watched him pretty closely the past few years, and he's been a stud for quite some time. He's been kicking ass in the SEC (pretty much the NFL's JV) at multiple positions since he was just a pup. If the Bears get him in the 4th, or in the 3rd after a trade down, it will be a huge steal. He's easily worth a 3rd round pick, and probably should be an early 2nd rounder if his college dominance and versatility has anything to do with it.

I read somewhere that he's been helped out by the talent surrounding him but yeah if he's there in the 4th bring him in. Again, those reports say he's stout at the point of attack that isn't in question, it's his lack of athleticism that is. Personally I've never watched the guy so I can't say, just trying to figure out the who/what/when/where of the draft.

I read somewhere that he's been helped out by the talent surrounding him but yeah if he's there in the 4th bring him in. Again, those reports say he's stout at the point of attack that isn't in question, it's his lack of athleticism that is. Personally I've never watched the guy so I can't say, just trying to figure out the who/what/when/where of the draft.

I've read the same reports... Scouts also believe he's gonna start the year on the PUP list so that's probably another reason why he's slipping farther and farther back in the draft. With that you then have to consider he won't be able to participate in training camp and such and won't be at full strength for the whole year next year.

When judging Bama O-lineman you also have to consider that they are a running team. Teams don't bring a lot of pressure because they have to defend the run. Would he hold up in the passing world of the NFL?? Thats where the questions come about for me....We have a guy in Gabe Carimi who earned some rewards as well coming out of a running offense and we all see where that has taken him.

Jones very well could be a great center down the line considering how intelligent he is, he can really learn a lot at the NFL level. Can he be counted on to be a starter next year? Probably not with the injury.