OLine/2013

Stinger226

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not real confident in Mills, hard to say how well he run blocks since he was always in a 2pt stance. I think he's a backup for a year while he learns those techniques. Drafting means this is the end of seeing Carimi at OT. If they felt he could be our backup OG/OT then they would have gone elsewhere with this pick. Instead it looks as if he'll compete solely at OG.

I would say in an ideal world Carimi wins the starting RG job instead of Slauson. It's not a question of me wanting Carimi there rather with all the competition for Oline jobs if he does win a starting job it means our depth will be much better.

We have competing for OG roster spots: Ebon Britton, Carimi, Brown, Slauson, Edwin Williams, and Long. We know Long is staying. Williams may also be competing for a slot as backup C but I expect he's gone.

With the new rules preventing contact in practice nothing can be known until we get to training camp.

It is good we have a solid group of players to choose from on the O Line, if we are able to put together a solid lineup hopefully it will give Cutler a chance to shine, Jeffery coming back strong and Marshall continuing to kick aS$$, and Forte contributing, we can become a top of the line offence.

On defence I think we will be solid with a chance to be excellent!

It is good we have a solid group of players to choose from on the O Line, if we are able to put together a solid lineup hopefully it will give Cutler a chance to shine, Jeffery coming back strong and Marshall continuing to kick aS$$, and Forte contributing, we can become a top of the line offence.

On defence I think we will be solid with a chance to be excellent!

And the better the offense performs the less pressure on an aging D

I hope Carimi's poor play was due to rehab from injury and loss of weight and power. His solid bench press at the combine shows he should have power if he is fit. I also am concerned with Garza play always pushed back into Cutler and if he is the leader then I would expect him to handle his assignment. Is it difficult for a guard to play centre and wondered if any of the other players could fill this role.

I am really excited to see what Kroner does with this line. I would like to see Brown, Carimi, Webb prove they can make the Oline pool. Bushrod, Long,Mills and Slauson however how many do we keep on the roster and can any play centre.

I hope Carimi's poor play was due to rehab from injury and loss of weight and power. His solid bench press at the combine shows he should have power if he is fit. I also am concerned with Garza play always pushed back into Cutler and if he is the leader then I would expect him to handle his assignment. Is it difficult for a guard to play centre and wondered if any of the other players could fill this role.

I am really excited to see what Kroner does with this line. I would like to see Brown, Carimi, Webb prove they can make the Oline pool. Bushrod, Long,Mills and Slauson however how many do we keep on the roster and can any play centre.

Slausson played some OC early on in his career. I don't really see that as the plan but it would be nice to see Brown or Carimi step up and look good at OG and it kinda "forces" them to take a look at Slausson inside. Bushrod-Long-Slausson-Carimi/Brown-Webb/Mills could be pretty damn solid.

If Long is projected to move outside to a OT position than I kinda doubt Mills was brought in to start.

Slausson played some OC early on in his career. I don't really see that as the plan but it would be nice to see Brown or Carimi step up and look good at OG and it kinda "forces" them to take a look at Slausson inside. Bushrod-Long-Slausson-Carimi/Brown-Webb/Mills could be pretty damn solid.

If Long is projected to move outside to a OT position than I kinda doubt Mills was brought in to start.

I think Long eventually moves to LT, after Bushrod's guaranteed money is gone. The players that fit Kromers style is Bushrod, Long, Brown, and Webb. There was a article on this on midway illustrated, an interesting article.

Mills has already stated he will start at RT.

Of course he said that. He sees an opening because as of now Webb is penciled in at RT and he's probably thinking to himself "did u see what happened last time Webb played there?". My guess is line will be Bushrod-Long-Garza-Slaussen-Webb. I see a possibility that carimi could push for the RG spot

The fact that we drafted him when we already had 3 RTs on the roster should say something to you. There trying to get better.

The fact that we drafted him when we already had 3 RTs on the roster should say something to you. There trying to get better.

Thank you captain obvious. Webbs a FA next year as well....I hear that Mills projects better as an OG so who knows maybe next year we go with Bushrod-Brown-?-Mills-Long...Perhaps thats the plan, maybe minus Brown.

Thank you captain obvious. Webbs a FA next year as well....I hear that Mills projects better as an OG so who knows maybe next year we go with Bushrod-Brown-?-Mills-Long...Perhaps thats the plan, maybe minus Brown.

I suggest not. Continuity for OL is more important than overall talent. Once we find some pieces that work this year, they should remain in place next year. You are suggesting an 80% change next year, after an 80% change this year. Can't do it.

We will all see the OL struggle initially and hopefully find their stride toward the end of the season. Once the season is over, I can only see one or two tweaks in the off season. One will be C and the maybe would be on the right side.

I must have missed something,he was drafted as a tackle, but I just dont have the insight that you have. Slauson at OC,Mills at OG, I just get confused sometimes.

I must have missed something,he was drafted as a tackle, but I just dont have the insight that you have. Slauson at OC,Mills at OG, I just get confused sometimes.

We have this conversation all too much around here. Just because he was a tackle in college doesn't mean he doesn't fit better at OG. I'm just relaying what I've read on a few scouting reports. With Long potentially moving outside and Bushrod on the team I think the possibility is that's where he gets tested at. Slausson at OC was brought up because someone asked if any of our guys have played OC and I replied yes, Slausson.

We have this conversation all too much around here. Just because he was a tackle in college doesn't mean he doesn't fit better at OG. I'm just relaying what I've read on a few scouting reports. With Long potentially moving outside and Bushrod on the team I think the possibility is that's where he gets tested at. Slausson at OC was brought up because someone asked if any of our guys have played OC and I replied yes, Slausson.

Long comes in as a OG and somewhere somebody says he has a LT body,ok, maybe one day he plays there but it wont be until Bushrod is gone. Mills get drafted as a OT, it is suggested he could play OG so right away that means he is going to play guard. I understand OLineman could actually play different positions, but your way off AGAIN on your projections.

Webb is a good LT: shifted to RT and bringing in competition suggests somebody running the team now doesnt like the tape they have on his play.

Tebow as a backup: it aint happening, no matter what you think.

When I have time I will go thru and look at all the suggestions you had that never materialized and will post them. I actually thought you were sharp.