USA Today Rankings

CrackerDog

Take a look at THIS and tell me if anything jumps out at you.

I know, I know, I shouldn't pay attention to this stuff. But when they just saw the two teams face each other and they're ranking 10 & 11, you'd think they'd give the nod to the team that WON THE GAWD DAMN GAME.

I hate sports writers.

C'mon, it's the USA Today for cry-eye...

Take a look at THIS and tell me if anything jumps out at you.

I know, I know, I shouldn't pay attention to this stuff. But when they just saw the two teams face each other and they're ranking 10 & 11, you'd think they'd give the nod to the team that WON THE GAWD DAMN GAME.

I hate sports writers.

No teams moved in the rankings. You probably accessed the report before they had a chance to fix it. Check back later.

No teams moved in the rankings. You probably accessed the report before they had a chance to fix it. Check back later.

Still the same way today and all of the notes talk about next week so this is intentional.

To everyone else, I realize this is just the writer's opinion and he works for USA Today, blah blah blah. That isn't the point. In fact, I'm not even ready to say the Bears are top ten! What I am saying, however, is this sports writer is f*cking lazy. If you spend more than 5 seconds doing your job properly, you don't put the team the Bears just beat one slot ahead of them. It's asinine. And this is one example of millions reflecting how weak the typical sports writer's brain is.

Still the same way today and all of the notes talk about next week so this is intentional.

To everyone else, I realize this is just the writer's opinion and he works for USA Today, blah blah blah. That isn't the point. In fact, I'm not even ready to say the Bears are top ten! What I am saying, however, is this sports writer is f*cking lazy. If you spend more than 5 seconds doing your job properly, you don't put the team the Bears just beat one slot ahead of them. It's asinine. And this is one example of millions reflecting how weak the typical sports writer's brain is.

He must be related to most of the sport's radio hosts in Chicago. Preparation is not just for their asses.

He must be related to most of the sport's radio hosts in Chicago. Preparation is not just for their asses.

Dude, I couldn't agree with you more. I can't listen to sports talk radio anymore. I used to be an avid fan of it. Woke up every morning to The Bull & Bear show. Now I think the broadcasters are more interested in saying stupid shit to stir up trouble, get lots of idiotic calls from idiotic fans... That's a show. It's like political discourse these days. Nobody can have a reasonable conversation anymore, it's all yelling. Jerry Springer's style of show has taken over everywhere.

Dude, I couldn't agree with you more. I can't listen to sports talk radio anymore. I used to be an avid fan of it. Woke up every morning to The Bull & Bear show. Now I think the broadcasters are more interested in saying stupid shit to stir up trouble, get lots of idiotic calls from idiotic fans... That's a show. It's like political discourse these days. Nobody can have a reasonable conversation anymore, it's all yelling. Jerry Springer's style of show has taken over everywhere.

The absolute worst for me is the Boers & Bernstein show. Bernstein absolutely abhors the general public; to the point a caller really doesn't stand a chance to communicate their topic. Boers just giggles his creepy old man laugh; I wish he would just retire.

You are also right about conversations, painting with a broad brush here, but people are so polarized these days. A conversation doesn't mean we have to convert the other person, we are just discussing the topic while remaining respectful of other's opinions.

Waddle and Silvy & Jurko and Carman are good shows.

I agree, they don't generally hold themselves above the rest of us. They entertain the meathead call without demeaning anyone. I guess Bernstain's humanities degree from Duke elevates him to supreme ruler and head ego ass bag.

I give Boers & Stain about 30 seconds each day and roll up the dial to 1000.

ESPN has the Bears 9th, with the Bengals 10th :)

Packers are 7th. Lions 18th. Vikings 21st.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/powerrankings

At the risk of being flamed (and I have been tossing this back and forth) despite their winning, I don't know that the Bears are the better team of the two. In fact, because this poll and ESPN have it just flip flopped tells you that I'm not alone in this thinking. I believe one analyst on NFL Network (Willie McGinist I think it was) even said that he thought the Bengals would have a better overall season, despite their losing.

Posittion to position is a veritable tie:

QB - edge to Cincy

RB - Chicago

WR/TE - probably even

OL - ?

DL - Cincy

LB - Cincy

DB - Chicago

ST - Chicago

Now of course there are A LOT of variables still to be factored in, the largest being that this was only the first game and a heck of a lot of games still need to be played. But watching the game on Sunday I still feel that Cincy came ready to play. (Better prepared). Thankfully for our team there was a second half as they were able to put it together and get the win. I mean when you're talking the diffence in this game being a 59 yard field goal the differences are paper thin. Ultimately, Cinncinnati beat themselves. (Emphasis on IMHO). The Bears are going to have to be more prepared as the season plays out and I think they will. Only time will tell.

Troll! ;)

Get on board the Trestman bus! The Lovie Bug has been towed out of the facility already!

(sorry couldn't resist...)

These lists are intended to be weekly, based on what we've seen. So, given we haven't seen much, both teams played fairly evenly, and the Bears won by 3. So on an even field...It would be a tie. But...the Bears played smarter. So, the edge goes to them in my book. I could see why some would think the Bengals are better. Really, it matters not. All that matters is that I'll be a happy camper at the end of the Super Bowl when Professor Marc is hoisting up the trophy w/ Virgie & the kids!

Take a sip of the kool-aid. It's tasty!

:cheers

At the risk of being flamed (and I have been tossing this back and forth) despite their winning, I don't know that the Bears are the better team of the two. In fact, because this poll and ESPN have it just flip flopped tells you that I'm not alone in this thinking. I believe one analyst on NFL Network (Willie McGinist I think it was) even said that he thought the Bengals would have a better overall season, despite their losing.

QB - edge to Cincy

RB - Chicago

WR/TE - probably even

OL - ?

DL - Cincy

LB - Cincy

DB - Chicago

ST - Chicago

Now of course there are A LOT of variables still to be factored in, the largest being that this was only the first game and a heck of a lot of games still need to be played. But watching the game on Sunday I still feel that Cincy came ready to play. (Better prepared). Thankfully for our team there was a second half as they were able to put it together and get the win. I mean when you're talking the diffence in this game being a 59 yard field goal the differences are paper thin. Ultimately, Cinncinnati beat themselves. (Emphasis on IMHO). The Bears are going to have to be more prepared as the season plays out and I think they will. Only time will tell.

QB - edge to Cincy

RB - Chicago

WR/TE - probably even

OL - ?

DL - Cincy

LB - Cincy

DB - Chicago

ST - Chicago

Agreed except Dalton is not better than Cutler.

QB - edge to Cincy

RB - Chicago

WR/TE - probably even

OL - ?

DL - Cincy

LB - Cincy

DB - Chicago

ST - Chicago

On paper the Bengals looked like a better team, but they lost there cool and gave the game away. The Bears had enough resolve to snatch the victory. One game is not a good sample size to gauge this team, but it was a good start, with some good and bad and they won the game. Thats all that matters at this point. In the NFL there are always a couple great teams, a couple really bad times and everybody else in the middle, what separates the good teams from the bad teams is taking advantage of what the game gives you and win it. our ranking are close to where they should be right now, and after 6 games we will know exactly what we are, but for now were 1-0, that works for me.