Moving on

Stinger226

We played a lousy game Sunday and with NO coming up, keep in mind.

NO has played 3 games at home.

There only road game they had trouble beating a lousy team, TB 16-14

There strengths are our weaknesses, Graham and Sporles, but keep in mind we have Kromer on our team now.

I think Kromer will give us insight that will help greatly.

NO have never played well in Chicago.

There are coming off a short week.

Teams have been able to run the ball against them, we need to pound the ball and hold the clock.

Graham will get his catches but the key to this game is stop Sproles and we will be in good shape.

Im an optimist, (what did the optimist say when he jumped off the building? So far so good.)

28-24 take it to the bank. Bears win.

Their LT can't stop Peppers. They will have to do something to help him which will only impact their passing game by keeping someone out of a route. I expect much better play from our DTs this game as well.

i agree with the assessment of our offense...run.

We played a lousy game Sunday and with NO coming up, keep in mind.

NO has played 3 games at home.

There only road game they had trouble beating a lousy team, TB 16-14

There strengths are our weaknesses, Graham and Sporles, but keep in mind we have Kromer on our team now.

I think Kromer will give us insight that will help greatly.

NO have never played well in Chicago.

There are coming off a short week.

Teams have been able to run the ball against them, we need to pound the ball and hold the clock.

Graham will get his catches but the key to this game is stop Sproles and we will be in good shape.

Im an optimist, (what did the optimist say when he jumped off the building? So far so good.)

28-24 take it to the bank. Bears win.

Didn't even think about the Kromer aspect of this game. That should help out a lot. Hope the players are up to the task to stopping these guys. Their O is playing really well right now.

It will all hinge on whether the 'good' Cutler or 'bad' Cutler decides to play. That and after seeing yesterday's performance, NO is starting to get its stride. I don't see the Bears defense being able to match the skill players of NO, especially the Brees factor. Kromer's knowledge is not a factor.

The optimist side of me predicts the Bears will go 3-1 in the next four games.

You still have an "optimist" side?

;)

It will all hinge on whether the 'good' Cutler or 'bad' Cutler decides to play. That and after seeing yesterday's performance, NO is starting to get its stride. I don't see the Bears defense being able to match the skill players of NO, especially the Brees factor. Kromer's knowledge is not a factor.

The optimist side of me predicts the Bears will go 3-1 in the next four games.

I haven't posted since the game but I want to add that I love how the Bears hung in there and were one onside kick and one hail mary from tying the game. You can't win every game, but you can try your hardest every game...and there's especially no excuses when you consider what these guys are being paid. Mistakes can be coached up (apologies to Uncle Buck), but with heart, either you have it or you don't.

I haven't posted since the game but I want to add that I love how the Bears hung in there and were one onside kick and one hail mary from tying the game. You can't win every game, but you can try your hardest every game...and there's especially no excuses when you consider what these guys are being paid. Mistakes can be coached up (apologies to Uncle Buck), but with heart, either you have it or you don't.

:D

Kromer's knowledge is not a factor.

Totally disagree here. Kromer worked with Payton for years, even before they worked together at New Orleans, building game plans to defeat defenses. He was chosen to run the team in Payton's absence specifically because he understood best what Payton would do with the offense. Perhaps he's not as polished as a play caller but game time decisions are different than setting up a strategy. There is no way after all those years working together he does not know how Payton will want to attack our defense.

While many focused on the Saints record in the first part of the season, Kromer's specialty, the offense, scored 32, 27, 24, 27, 31, and 35 pts in the first six games.

This season the Saints have scored: 23, 16, 31, and 38.

There are valid reasons to believe Kromer has an excellent understanding of what the Saints will try to do. Sean Payton will know this and may try to do something different here and there to see if he can catch us off-guard but in general attacking a defense is done by defining where you have an advantage. I believe Payton will stick to that until we prove we can stop it. Knowing what they do does not mean we can stop it. Can we really cover Graham with a LB? Can we get a good pass rush on Brees to force shorter throws? Who can keep up with Sproles on passes out of the backfield? I don't know if we can do those things based on what we just saw in Detroit but we should know they are coming at us.

Totally disagree here. Kromer worked with Payton for years, even before they worked together at New Orleans, building game plans to defeat defenses. He was chosen to run the team in Payton's absence specifically because he understood best what Payton would do with the offense. Perhaps he's not as polished as a play caller but game time decisions are different than setting up a strategy. There is no way after all those years working together he does not know how Payton will want to attack our defense.

Sean Payton will know this and may try to do something different here and there to see if he can catch us off-guard but in general attacking a defense is done by defining where you have an advantage. I believe Payton will stick to that until we prove we can stop it. Knowing what they do does not mean we can stop it. Can we really cover Graham with a LB? Can we get a good pass rush on Brees to force shorter throws? Who can keep up with Sproles on passes out of the backfield? I don't know if we can do those things based on what we just saw in Detroit but we should know they are coming at us.

You can disagree but it boils down to what happens the day of the game. Kromer could hypothesize what he thinks Peyton will do but does it matter? I mean even if Peyton were to send Kromer his whole game plan for the day would it matter to how well the Bears perform? I will say this before going further, there are a few teams the Bears cannot beat right now. The Saints are one of them.

You yourself brought up many vailid points as to why that is. Drew Brees, Graham, Sproles and Peyton are all reasons why not. I don't feel our team can match up to them. Our LB's cannot cover a TE like Graham. Our 'front four' cannot get pressure on Brees. Peppers might but he's only one man...who is rapidly declining. Sporles is too quick for the defense to cover....Reggie Bush proved that. If you give a team like NO and a QB like Brees a large field to play in, then it's going to be a very long day. When I say that I mean that so far almost every team the Bears have played, save maybe Pittsburgh, they have allowed the opponent to have long sustained drives. That is, as they say, in Brees' wheelhouse and he will exploit the Bears because of it.

Someone has pointed out that the Saints have had issues playing in Chicago, but before last week Detroit was 1-10 against Chicago at Ford Field in the previous 11 games.

Pessimistically speaking.

You can disagree but it boils down to what happens the day of the game. Kromer could hypothesize what he thinks Peyton will do but does it matter? I mean even if Peyton were to send Kromer his whole game plan for the day would it matter to how well the Bears perform? I will say this before going further, there are a few teams the Bears cannot beat right now. The Saints are one of them.

You yourself brought up many vailid points as to why that is. Drew Brees, Graham, Sproles and Peyton are all reasons why not. I don't feel our team can match up to them. Our LB's cannot cover a TE like Graham. Our 'front four' cannot get pressure on Brees. Peppers might but he's only one man...who is rapidly declining. Sporles is too quick for the defense to cover....Reggie Bush proved that. If you give a team like NO and a QB like Brees a large field to play in, then it's going to be a very long day. When I say that I mean that so far almost every team the Bears have played, save maybe Pittsburgh, they have allowed the opponent to have long sustained drives. That is, as they say, in Brees' wheelhouse and he will exploit the Bears because of it.

Someone has pointed out that the Saints have had issues playing in Chicago, but before last week Detroit was 1-10 against Chicago at Ford Field in the previous 11 games.

Pessimistically speaking.

We have matchups problems all over the field with there weapons, but what we can do now is potenially keep up with other teams with scoring. Everybody knows what the Saints will do, who there weapons are, but I think where the insight comes in to play with Kromer is he knows the weakness of the Oline and maybe we can exploit that.

Keys to the game: pressure Brees to make him uncomfotable in the pocket.

we need to get a few turnovers

we need to tackle better

we need the special teams to get their head out of there ass

run well to keep the time of possession in our favor

we could blow up very easily against a good team like the Saints, but I think after losing last week we actually get our shit together and play a sound game in all aspects and like I said before, 28-24 Bears win :notworthy

I'm glad you're not my portfolio manager. *smirk*

:rolleyes:

Its a football game not business USA. So would you prefer gloom and doom? Either way you look at it, the Bears lost and I am not as happy as I would be if they won. I am a realist but looking at a glass half full is just a better way to look at things than half empty. When I hit on some chick, I can say I dont have a chance and be alone or I can try and score 3 out of 10. Its all about attitude and effort. Im a plumber and in construction you meet people that you enjoy working with, or you meet people that bitch and complain all the time. I am pretty sure I know what category you fall in.

Its a football game not business USA. So would you prefer gloom and doom? Either way you look at it, the Bears lost and I am not as happy as I would be if they won. I am a realist but looking at a glass half full is just a better way to look at things than half empty. When I hit on some chick, I can say I dont have a chance and be alone or I can try and score 3 out of 10. Its all about attitude and effort. Im a plumber and in construction you meet people that you enjoy working with, or you meet people that bitch and complain all the time. I am pretty sure I know what category you fall in.

Stick to plumbing and not to psychoanalyzing. One thing I know about you is that you are not very perceptive. The "jab" I made was in jest, which is a form of humor. It hurt your feelings so you'd rather call me a complainer. That's fine. I'm sure you're familiar with the phrase "the truth hurts"? As it turns out, I was right...you not so. I would be glad to have been wrong. In fact I would have posted that I was.

NO is a better team and they proved it yesterday. I am not happy with what the team has done and is doing and am writing in kind. Several of you did it during Lovie's tenure (Mad) so its my turn...I guess. If I'm a "whiner" because of it, so be it.

Yes, but I only did it to Smith towards the end of his tenure. I was very up on him early, and gave him every opportunity to prove himself worthy.

So, if it is indeed your turn, you are potentially pre-judging. It's far easier to poo-poo something. Because only 1/32 can make it the whole way. So the odds are in your favor is you want to be a negative Nelson...

You may end up being right, but all we are saying is give peace a chance...

:cheers

...and, do you honestly think that I'd support any staff down the road who has shown they can't get it done? Right now, we have to let this play out. I just happen to be hopeful...at the moment and for the near near future.

Several of you did it during Lovie's tenure (Mad) so its my turn...I guess. If I'm a "whiner" because of it, so be it.

Stick to plumbing and not to psychoanalyzing. One thing I know about you is that you are not very perceptive. The "jab" I made was in jest, which is a form of humor. It hurt your feelings so you'd rather call me a complainer. That's fine. I'm sure you're familiar with the phrase "the truth hurts"? As it turns out, I was right...you not so. I would be glad to have been wrong. In fact I would have posted that I was.

NO is a better team and they proved it yesterday. I am not happy with what the team has done and is doing and am writing in kind. Several of you did it during Lovie's tenure (Mad) so its my turn...I guess. If I'm a "whiner" because of it, so be it.

I only teared up on that attempt at humor you gave, I usually cry for an hour at your normal failed attempts at humor.

Most my posts on here are in jest, the problem is my sense of humor is sarcasm. Actually I have a degree in Psychology, so I will be always be analyzing people. I never called you a whiner, you jab and I jab, Im ok with that.I will always have a comment as will you. My point is you are a negative person, it would not take a perceptive person to notice that with you.

I never called you a whiner, you jab and I jab, Im ok with that. I will always have a comment as will you. My point is you are a negative person, it would not take a perceptive person to notice that with you.

"... you meet people that you enjoy working with, or you meet people that bitch and complain all the time. I am pretty sure I know what category you fall in."

Ok, I'll give you that you didn't call me a "whiner"...per se.. Tomayto..Tomahto. What I grow fatigued from is blind arrogance. That is why I posted my "jest". You guaranteed a win, I saw the forest for the trees and called it the way I saw it. Was it arrogance? Perhaps. Was it right? In the end, yes. Was it negative? Yes. Because it was the truth. Would you rather me lie to myself and say the team will win when I know they won't? Sorry, can't oblige.

Just because I don't agree with your version of the story doesn't mean I'm wrong. You did the same with others here, classifying them as negative mostly due to the fact they disagree with you. That's fine. It is what it is.

For the record, I'm fairly confident the Bears will win this week against a much maligned Giants team. The Bears aren much better right now, but better enough.

Yes, but I only did it to Smith towards the end of his tenure. I was very up on him early, and gave him every opportunity to prove himself worthy.

So, if it is indeed your turn, you are potentially pre-judging. It's far easier to poo-poo something. Because only 1/32 can make it the whole way. So the odds are in your favor is you want to be a negative Nelson...

You may end up being right, but all we are saying is give peace a chance...

...and, do you honestly think that I'd support any staff down the road who has shown they can't get it done? Right now, we have to let this play out. I just happen to be hopeful...at the moment and for the near near future.

What's easier Mad is to look with blinders on. The team is not that great, plain and simple. That is not "easy" to say. I want nothing more than the team to win. You want to paint a picture of roses and daffodils. That's your nature and that's cool. I don't see it, not right now. If you'd rather I keep my comments to myself I can do that. But it wouldn't be right, you know it.

We need to win the next 2 and go into the bye 5-2.

Before Mad or "the plumber" call me negative again I'd like to remind those who are reading that I predicted the team would go 3-1 in the next four games (before yesterday's game). So the way I see it they are now 0-1 and will win the next 3.

I believe they can and will win. However, my biggest concern is the DT position. What kind of bad luck is the team having there? I think the time is right to see what some of the recent draft picks can offer. Especially those along the Dline. And while we're at it, what is Richard Seymour up to these days?

Not really. Because the odds are against blinders. To guess at failure is easy. Far easier to fail than succeed. Some may be wearing blinders, but I am not one. I didn't guarantee a win. Before the season started, I made numerous posts that I expect that this team will vie for a playoff berth. I expected the Packers to land the division. I thought the NFC East would be far better and we'd be int he mix for a berth with all of them. There, I think that prediction will be wrong. But I've never touted running the table except maybe in jest to channel my inner Swerski.

We aren't a great team. We weren't after the 1st 3 weeks. What we were was resiliant, smart, good, and lucky. Week 4 proved we were still resiliant, but not so good and not very lucky. Week 5 proved the resiliancy yet again, showed that we were pretty good, but were unlucky still. The takeaway is that this is a team growing. I made mention of this season being a journey. Hopefully the journey ends in a playoff berth with us hitting on all cyninders and being as healthy as possible. I'm simply retaining some hope for that...

Please never tell me I'm painting roses and daffodils. Maybe cacti and pussywillows. ;) I still like what I see in the areas that we can fix. Like the play-calling, Jay's play, TE play, OL play, James Anderson, etc... There are areas like the DL, which at this point, can't really be solved. We are missing 1/2 of our starting unit...all in the middle. It'll be tough to compensate for. We will pay the price. But, only good teams will really be able to exploit that. We will struggle. All season. But we will fight. For that, I am truly happy and positive. I won't be able to convince you that the Bears' "fight" and the potential of the coaches is a positive.

I never want you to keep your comments to yourself! That would ruin most my fun on this board!

What's easier Mad is to look with blinders on. The team is not that great, plain and simple. That is not "easy" to say. I want nothing more than the team to win. You want to paint a picture of roses and daffodils. That's your nature and that's cool. I don't see it, not right now. If you'd rather I keep my comments to myself I can do that. But it wouldn't be right, you know it.

I'll still call you negative, dammit!

But you must get credit for your 3-1 prediction as I recall it clearly...

Before Mad or "the plumber" call me negative again I'd like to remind those who are reading that I predicted the team would go 3-1 in the next four games (before yesterday's game). So the way I see it they are now 0-1 and will win the next 3.

I believe they can and will win. However, my biggest concern is the DT position. What kind of bad luck is the team having there? I think the time is right to see what some of the recent draft picks can offer. Especially those along the Dline. And while we're at it, what is Richard Seymour up to these days?

Making one positive comment and 4 negative comments doesnt make you different. You make some good comments on here and say some stupid stuff, I acknowledge you when you say something good and make a comment when you say something stupid. I honestly thought the Bears were going to win sunday. It was stupid of me to say (take it to the bank). There defense was better than I thought they were. Payton out coached us

. I didnt count on Paea being out and Collins going down early. Our DT position weakness is a huge problem going forward. Being an optimist has nothing to do with wearing blinders, or make comments just because someone disagrees with me. I predicted this team to go 10-6 before the season started and had a chance at the playoffs. Thats not a koolaid drinking out look on our team. I still think that is possible but with our DT problems, that could change all of that . Without the interior defensive push our DEs arent as effective. Our defense backs get hung out to dry, it is not good. I dont have any problem with most things you say, but when you make comments like calling me a douche bag for calling out SCS over calling the board bad, will always get a reaction.