Bears @ Eagles, 12/22/13

balta1701-A

They were forced to abandon the run due to shitty ST play.....I know I said I'm done defending him but I think the "he's holding the ball too long" shit is getting over blown

I know why they abandoned the run, but you act like the offensive line should be playing better despite the circumstances. Cutler hasn't done them any favors with the way he has been playing either. He nearly lost a fumble on a play where he was holding the ball down at his waste. His mechanics are not very good when he gets pressure. Sometimes the pressure isn't needed, which is the most concerning part.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Look, we all probably like Cutler and want him to succeed. To break records. To dominate. But the simple fact is, regardless of what stats are pulled out of various orifices, the offense looked a lot different when McCown was in there. They looked faster, better, more in sync, and more dangerous. With Jay they look less certain, out of sync, less dangerous.

And that's all there is to it.

I still feel like I'm overreacting here but I'm officially off the Cutler train.

You are not. Something is clearly wrong with him, whether it is injury-related, physically, mentally. He can overcome some of it with his arm, but he is literally no better than Rex Grossman at this point. His mechanics have regressed, and he still holds onto the ball too long.

Good to see the Kyle Orton fan club is loud and proud. Cutler punted the ball 26 yards and failed to stop them on D. Damn Cutler. It's all his fault.

what has he done this week to help the team win? Definitely not his fault, but sure isn't winning the shoot out yall talk about from the very last passing yards per game defense in the nfl

The most embarassing part about this is the fact that the offense STILL can't move the ball against the Eagles despite the game already being over. Usually this is where the losing team gets to stat pad and the winning team goes into conservative, grind the clock out mode.

The entire team just wants to get the game over. McCown should've started the 2nd half.

You are not. Something is clearly wrong with him, whether it is injury-related, physically, mentally. He can overcome some of it with his arm, but he is literally no better than Rex Grossman at this point. His mechanics have regressed, and he still holds onto the ball too long.

I'm tired of wasting viewing time and energy hoping jay gets his head out of his arse. We have an offensive line, big targets, and we've seen this offense hum with McCown. Jay steps in and the offense regresses. I don't want Jay back here next year. I'm done with him, there is nothing defensible about his game.

I'm going to the game next weekend and will have a good view like the coaches film. I'm really hoping to gain some insight on Cutler. He simply does not seen instinctive. I've always said this about him, that he is a point and shoot guy.

He has to finish next weekend.

Side note: Bostic is God awful, Conte should be cut on the sideline and Tucker should hitchhike home. If they don't switch to a 3-4, I'd cut SMC and Paea as soon as the season is over.

Drunk ramble over...