Bears @ Eagles, 12/22/13

balta1701-A

Has the OL done well? No.

Has Forte picked up blitzes? No.

Nonetheless, this is one of the worst pass defenses in the NFL, and the "McCown played against bad defenses while Jay played worse defenses"-excuses is out of the window. Jay absolutely has to put up better numbers against a defense virtually everyone killed this year.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With Jay though, what is the alternative? I don't know the list, but I cant imagine anyone shaking loose in free agency that is a worthwhile replacement? With the defensive problems we have, drafting a rookie QB early can't happen. McCown isn't the answer. Its on Trestman to get him right

And as I am typing a long ass TD run, Conte must have failed Geometry because he don't know angles. Collingsworth said... never seen a game where running backs ran so free. Mel Tucker, your guillotine is ready

And as I am typing a long ass TD run, Conte must have failed Geometry because he don't know angles. Collingsworth said... never seen a game where running backs ran so free. Mel Tucker, your guillotine is ready

Seriously, just buy out Conte's contract and give his cross-eyed ass a bus ticket home. I've never seen a safety with worse instincts...and we got to see Daniel Manning for a few years.

With Jay though, what is the alternative? I don't know the list, but I cant imagine anyone shaking loose in free agency that is a worthwhile replacement? With the defensive problems we have, drafting a rookie QB early can't happen. McCown isn't the answer. Its on Trestman to get him right

I assume it's gonna be a Josh vs Rookie competition if they decide to move on from Jay.

As far as the can't draft a QB early because of the suckage of the D.....They can add some key guys via FA with the money they save on Josh vs Jay

I hope the Bears really take a good look at themselves... and that this game thoroughly pisses them off as much or more than it does us. They should be ashamed of the way they played today. Not a single player on this team has any reason to feel good about themselves. We had the table set. Detroit lost, GB lost, a win tonight and we clinch and not only did we crap it down our leg tonight we looked bad doing it. I'm embarrassed, ashamed and pissed at this team tonight. I saw no desire, no effort, no pride. This was a gutless pathetic effort.

Seriously, just buy out Conte's contract and give his cross-eyed ass a bus ticket home. I've never seen a safety with worse instincts...and we got to see Daniel Manning for a few years.

For a franchise that fielded guys like Plank, Fencik, Double D, Conte is not worthy of wearing the uniform. Amazing, for all of the safeties picked over the years by Angelo and Lovie, they could never get it right

I assume it's gonna be a Josh vs Rookie competition if they decide to move on from Jay.

As far as the can't draft a QB early because of the suckage of the D.....They can add some key guys via FA with the money they save on Josh vs Jay

No doubt, Emery is going to have his worked cut out and looking at FA is going to have to be a key

For a franchise that fielded guys like Plank, Fencik, Double D, Conte is not worthy of wearing the uniform. Amazing, for all of the safeties picked over the years by Angelo and Lovie, they could never get it right
I'm going to back track and defend Conte here. Playing safety is taught a certain way; in run support the safety is supposed to clean up what the linebackers miss. That means they are working off the cut of the running back. Our LB's are not making running backs cut before the safety. Therefore the safety's are dealing with a new cut in space in an open field. Almost impossible to defend.

I'm going to back track and defend Conte here. Playing safety is taught a certain way; in run support the safety is supposed to clean up what the linebackers miss. That means they are working off the cut of the running back. Our LB's are not making running backs cut before the safety. Therefore the safety's are dealing with a new cut in space in an open field. Almost impossible to defend.

Interesting point, especially if that's true about our LB's. Still didn't look good out there though.

Surprised?

Are you not expecting an epic fail on our part?

I am.

My koolaid has turned. I spit it out with disdain and anger. Our team came to lose. freak them all. Top to bottom. Bears fans deserve far better than they gave. Not one Bear player or coach can hang his head high. freakin thieves. Stealing money from fans to pad thier palaces while we idiots root for them. Dammit I feel conned.

I'm freakin pissed off. Shame on me... I shouldn't care so damn much.

I wouldn't be surprised if we then lose next week and watch the Cheesheads make some noise in the playoffs. Everything looks out of sync with the offense. routes aren't crisp, blocking is poor, blitz pickup is a joke, dropped balls. two different times we got away with delay of game, the play clock seems like it's always near zero when we're getting ready to snap the ball.

100% fail on Cuntler's part...

Has the OL done well? No.

Has Forte picked up blitzes? No.

Nonetheless, this is one of the worst pass defenses in the NFL, and the "McCown played against bad defenses while Jay played worse defenses"-excuses is out of the window. Jay absolutely has to put up better numbers against a defense virtually everyone killed this year.

Well said.

I hope the Bears really take a good look at themselves... and that this game thoroughly pisses them off as much or more than it does us. They should be ashamed of the way they played today. Not a single player on this team has any reason to feel good about themselves. We had the table set. Detroit lost, GB lost, a win tonight and we clinch and not only did we crap it down our leg tonight we looked bad doing it. I'm embarrassed, ashamed and pissed at this team tonight. I saw no desire, no effort, no pride. This was a gutless pathetic effort.

UGLY

When we fire Mel Tucker in the offseason, do the Bears bring in Jim Schwartz as the coordinator :) JK

I know this defense is old, I know our safeties suck donkey but Foles is looking like Peyton Manning

I think Tucker has some responsibility, but he has very little to work with. In this defense you get 2 defensive breakdowns per play your screwed. The Eagles are exploiting our weaknesses as good teams will do.