McCown gone

adam

Class act, happy for him. That contract just set him and his family up! Best of luck as Connor said already!

No question, I'm happy for him because of most of what's been written here by others. With that said, I'm going to go ahead and predict he crashes and burns in Lovie's offense. Not wishing it on him, I think he's a great guy and hope I'm wrong. But I think he caught lightning in a bottle last year and they had the weapons and offense to "make" him. We'll see...

I think you might be right...

With that said, I'm going to go ahead and predict he crashes and burns in Lovie's offense. Not wishing it on him, I think he's a great guy and hope I'm wrong. But I think he caught lightning in a bottle last year and they had the weapons and offense to "make" him. We'll see...

No question, I'm happy for him because of most of what's been written here by others. With that said, I'm going to go ahead and predict he crashes and burns in Lovie's offense. Not wishing it on him, I think he's a great guy and hope I'm wrong. But I think he caught lightning in a bottle last year and they had the weapons and offense to "make" him. We'll see...

He'll have some good weapons in TB this year too. I'm not the most versed on TB but I do know they have Vincent Jackson and Doug Martin. He earned this contract last year more than Cutler earned making 4x more than him this year. I think he will be fine if he gets the starting nod and a great teacher/example for any young guys they bring in if he starts or not.

EXACTLY what I thought. I was actually kind of hoping the Bears wouldn't re-sign him because I didn't think he'd be worth the money it took. Turns out my thoughts were right, because no way he gets that $$ from the Bears to be a backup. This just means the Bears should draft a mid-round QB for Trestman to turn into a stud.

@RUSSLANDE

@AdamSchefter - I think Brandon Weeden could end up as @ChicagoBears backup QB as Coach Trestman worked closely with him leading up to Draft.

That tweet is from Lande to Shefter FYI.....Lande was a scout for the Alouttes so he knows Trestman a bit....I can get behind that signing.

He owes Trestman, Mashall, Jeffrey, Bennett, and Forte 8 million of that. He hit the lotto, teaching one year, millionaire the next.

He owes Lovie. The only general manager in the league stupid enough to sign him for 10 million and make him your starter. Reminds me of Matt Flynn. He had two good games for the Packers and hits the jackpot. The only difference is McCown has been in the league for 10 years and there is tons of tape on him.

I always liked Lovie as a head coach, but anytime he had any input on personnel moves, he was a complete asshat.

First of all, good for Josh on getting the deal with the Bucs. The Bears have plenty of holes to fill with $5m per year and backup QB is not one of them. I actually like having Palmer as Cutlers backup.

Last year when Josh was playing well while Jay was out the media reported some drama and rumors about a divided locker room once Jay was getting healthy enough to return.

Although I do not remember any specific player names but I am now wondering if any of those alleged players supporting Josh over Jay will find their way to TB to play with Josh for Lovie? If Tillman, Peppers, Wright and Melton somehow ended up in TB would anyone assume that they did not like playing with Jay or should we assume that they just following the $$$ to play for a coach who overvalues their current skill sets?

First of all, good for Josh on getting the deal with the Bucs. The Bears have plenty of holes to fill with $5m per year and backup QB is not one of them. I actually like having Palmer as Cutlers backup.

Last year when Josh was playing well while Jay was out the media reported some drama and rumors about a divided locker room once Jay was getting healthy enough to return.

Although I do not remember any specific player names but I am now wondering if any of those alleged players supporting Josh over Jay will find their way to TB to play with Josh for Lovie? If Tillman, Peppers, Wright and Melton somehow ended up in TB would anyone assume that they did not like playing with Jay or should we assume that they just following the $$$ to play for a coach who overvalues their current skill sets?

Or maybe Briggs? He's been known to be "vocal".

On this overvalue comment in regards to Lovie... Would you like in on this friendly wager I have with Mad Lith? Lol!

One thing I haven't read yet, is this signing can be significant in next years draft. We haven't had a complimentary pick in years and if our FA losses are greater than our aquisitions, we may reap some picks. The McCown signing and if he does start may net us a 3rd or 4th RD pick.

This is were I want to see the Bears again. Growing their own and having replacements ready to step up. Not saying we are there yet, but if McCown, Tillman, Melton all sign, we may have 10 picks next year. 10 picks and we have flexibility to trade picks for future picks.

Or maybe Briggs? He's been known to be "vocal". On this overvalue comment in regards to Lovie... Would you like in on this friendly wager I have with Mad Lith? Lol!

Not sure which wager you are referring to? My definition of overvalue is the overpaying a player for past production who is now older and not currently having the same impact and production that contract was rewarding. There is no doubt Tillman is a leader and that is often an underappreciated trait by organizations.

I actually feel weird as a fan with the core identity of the Bears franchise "the defense" is fading fast. Peppers sure looked like he was banged up all year last year and Tillman was indeed injured as well. But just like how, all of a sudden Urlacher was done as a Bear that seems to so be the same fate as some of our other favorite defense players.

Now if healthy and at a fair price I would feel much better if Tillman and Peppers gave us 1 or 2 more years to make a run.

Not sure which wager you are referring to? My definition of overvalue is the overpaying a player for past production who is now older and not currently having the same impact and production that contract was rewarding. There is no doubt Tillman is a leader and that is often an underappreciated trait by organizations.

I actually feel weird as a fan with the core identity of the Bears franchise "the defense" is fading fast. Peppers sure looked like he was banged up all year last year and Tillman was indeed injured as well. But just like how, all of a sudden Urlacher was done as a Bear that seems to so be the same fate as some of our other favorite defense players.

Now if healthy and at a fair price I would feel much better if Tillman and Peppers gave us 1 or 2 more years to make a run.

I'm right there with you on the "weird" feeling. I commented on that very thing yesterday and it does feel very disconcerting.

The wager was between MadLith and I that in 10 years (?) either Lovie (me) or Trestman (Mad) would have a better record (or something like that). And the loser would pay $50 towards the Walter Payton Cancer Society. I feel pretty confident.