2014 NFL Community Mock Draft

adam

With the 34th pick in the 2014 NFL draft, the Washington football team selects Chris Borland, linebacker from the University of Wisconsin.

Washington needs all kinds of help on defense, particularly at linebacker. When you are consistently trading away your top picks, that leaves you very little depth. Borland should be able to start immediately.

Don't you think that's a bit of a reach?

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With the 36th pick in the 2014 NFL draft, the Oakland Raiders select:

Kelvin Benjamin, WR, Florida State

Honestly, the WRs at this point are a crap-shoot up to personal bias. I happen to like Kelvin Benjamin more, and I don't agree with the rankings at the beginning of this thread; so, that helps. But to make this decision, I reinforced it with the WF rankings, and went off something the Oakland GM said: "We don't have that go-to big hitter Calvin Johnson-type guy at receiver."

It sounds to me like he wants a big WR who can go up and get it in traffic, as well as provide a dangerous red-zone threat. Depth at the position is great this draft, so this might be something they go away from until the third. Then again, there are multiple QBs in that next tier, and one is likely to fall to Oakland's next pick. This pick was almost Allen Robsinson, PSU.

Atlanta (Stinger226) is on the clock.

With the 36th pick in the 2014 NFL draft, the Oakland Raiders select:

Kelvin Benjamin, WR, Florida State

Honestly, the WRs at this point are a crap-shoot up to personal bias. I happen to like Kelvin Benjamin more, and I don't agree with the rankings at the beginning of this thread; so, that helps. But to make this decision, I reinforced it with the WF rankings, and went off something the Oakland GM said: "We don't have that go-to big hitter Calvin Johnson-type guy at receiver."

It sounds to me like he wants a big WR who can go up and get it in traffic, as well as provide a dangerous red-zone threat. Depth at the position is great this draft, so this might be something they go away from until the third. Then again, there are multiple QBs in that next tier, and one is likely to fall to Oakland's next pick. This pick was almost Allen Robsinson, PSU.

Atlanta (Stinger226) is on the clock.

There are a few spots they need to fill, but they need to replace an all pro TE so they go with Jake Amaro/TE. Its an offensive league and no valve at there other areas of need.

We have the evil Tampa Bay up next and that would be ADAM

Lovie is still sick to death of drafting offense in the 1st round, and with no OG of good value here, he goes for a local product. With the 38th pick in the 2014 NFL Draft, the Tampa Bay Bucs select Timmy Jernigan, DT, FSU.

MadLith is on the clock with Jax and Min....

The draft always has a few curveballs or reaches, and this was technically our first big reach since he would more than likely have been there at the top of the 3rd.

Maybe. That's what makes the second round more interesting than the first. A few perspectives:

1. Kiper has Borland ranked as the #25 player overall and projected to actually go to Washington at #34

2. The Hub Arkush magazine has him ranked as the #28 player overall

3. Walter-football has him projected to go to Miami at #50.

4. NFL draft countdown has him going #71 to Cleveland

I'd hoped to draft Ryan Shazier who went to Houston. That left me debating between LB Borland, CB Roby, and OT Kouandjio as their 3 Washington's 3 greatest needs are LB, CB and O-line.

That being said, I concede I don't know what the hell I'm doing and that I really don't give a damn about Washington :rolleyes:

Maybe. That's what makes the second round more interesting than the first. A few perspectives:

1. Kiper has Borland ranked as the #25 player overall and projected to actually go to Washington at #34

2. The Hub Arkush magazine has him ranked as the #28 player overall

3. Walter-football has him projected to go to Miami at #50.

4. NFL draft countdown has him going #71 to Cleveland

I'd hoped to draft Ryan Shazier who went to Houston. That left me debating between LB Borland, CB Roby, and OT Kouandjio as their 3 Washington's 3 greatest needs are LB, CB and O-line.

That being said, I concede I don't know what the hell I'm doing and that I really don't give a damn about Washington :rolleyes:

Draft gurus are all over the place after the first 10 to 15 players, so there is no certainty on picks. Does anybody believe Kyle Long was a first round pick, until we made him one. Hell no.

After the first round, GMs draft according to their board, not mock drafts. I have a tendency to like the ex scouts, and what they have to say. Draft sites like, GBNF,Our lads, Draft countdown. I also like Matt Millers opinions. And all of these are wrong most of the time. I think the ones that tell you who the top 30 are, not necessarily to the right teams, are the smart ones. Early second isnt considered a good valve, but I think he will be a very good player. If he becomes a strarter in the NFL and is above average in his play, that's not to early.

Lovie is still sick to death of drafting offense in the 1st round, and with no OG of good value here, he goes for a local product. With the 38th pick in the 2014 NFL Draft, the Tampa Bay Bucs select Timmy Jernigan, DT, FSU.

MadLith is on the clock with Jax and Min....

Jernigan, is a good valve at this spot of the draft, and its Lovie, defense, defense defense.

Jax at 39 takes QB J. Garroppolo

Minny at 40 takes LB/DE D. Lawrence

1st Round

1 Houston (scs787) - Blake Bortles, QB

2 St. Louis (bradjock) - Jadeveon Clowney, DE

3 Jacksonville (MadLith) - Khalil Mack, OLB

4 Cleveland (Stinger226) - Sammy Watkins, WR

5 Oakland (Jason) - Jake Matthews, OT

6 Atlanta (Stinger226) - Greg Robinson, OT

7 Tampa Bay (Adam) - Mike Evans, WR

8 Minnesota (MadLith) - Derek Carr, QB

9 Buffalo (bradjock) - Taylor Lewan, OT

10 Detroit (scs787) - Justin Gilbert, CB

11 Tennessee (Jason) - Johnny Manziel, QB

12 New York Giants (Adam) - Eric Ebron, TE

13 St. Louis (bradjock) - Zack Martin, OG

14 Chicago (scs787) - Aaron Donald, DT

15 Pittsburgh (MadLith) - Odell Beckham Jr. WR

16 Dallas (Stinger226) - Louis Nix, DT

17 Baltimore (Adam) - HaHa Clinton-Dix, FS

18 New York Jets (MadLith) - Brandin Cooks, WR

19 Miami (scs787) - C.J. Mosley, LB

20 Arizona (Stinger226) - Anthony Barr, LB

21 Green Bay (Jason) - Calvin Pryor, FS

22 Philadelphia (Adam) - Darqueze Dennard, CB

23 Kansas City (bradjock) - Marquis Lee, WR

24 Cincinnati (MadLith) - Kony Ealy, DE

25 San Diego (bradjock) - Kyle Fuller, CB

26 Cleveland (Stinger226) - Teddy Bridgewater, QB

27 New Orleans (scs787) - Dee Ford, DE

28 Carolina (Adam) - Morgan Moses, OT

29 New England (bradjock) - Stephon Tuitt, DT

30 San Francisco (Jason) - Jason Verrett, CB

31 Denver (Stinger226) - Xavier Su'a-Filo OG

32 Seattle (Jason) - Joel Bitonio, OG

2nd Round

33 Houston (scs787) - Ryan Shazier, LB

34 Washington (bradjock) - Chris Borland, LB

35 Cleveland (Stinger226) - Jimmie Ward, S

36 Oakland (Jason) - Kelvin Benjamin, WR

37 Atlanta (Stinger226) - Jace Amaro, TE

38 Tampa Bay (Adam) - Timmy Jernigan, DT

39 Jacksonville (MadLith)

40 Minnesota (MadLith)

41 Buffalo (bradjock)

42 Tennessee (Jason)

43 N.Y. Giants (Adam)

44 St. Louis (bradjock)

45 Detroit (scs787)

46 Pittsburgh (MadLith)

47 Dallas (Stinger226)

48 Baltimore (Adam)

49 N.Y. Jets (MadLith)

50 Miami (scs787)

51 Chicago (scs787)

52 Arizona (Stinger226)

53 Green Bay (Jason)

54 Philadelphia (Adam)

55 Cincinnati (MadLith)

56 San Francisco (Jason)

57 San Diego (bradjock)

58 New Orleans (scs787)

59 Indianapolis (Stinger226)

60 Carolina (Adam)

61 San Francisco (Jason)

62 New England (bradjock)

63 Denver (Stinger226)

64 Seattle (Jason)

3rd Round

65 Houston (scs787)

66 Washington (bradjock)

67 Oakland (Jason)

68 Atlanta (Stinger226)

69 Tampa Bay (Adam)

70 Jacksonville (MadLith)

71 Cleveland (Stinger226)

72 Minnesota (MadLith)

73 Buffalo (bradjock)

74 N.Y. Giants (Adam)

75 St. Louis (bradjock)

76 Detroit (scs787)

77 San Francisco (Jason)

78 Dallas (Stinger226)

79 Baltimore (Adam)

80 N.Y. Jets (MadLith)

81 Miami (scs787)

82 Chicago (scs787)

83 Cleveland (Stinger226)

84 Arizona (Stinger226)

85 Green Bay (Jason)

86 Philadelphia (Adam)

87 Kansas City (bradjock)

88 Cincinnati (MadLith)

89 San Diego (bradjock)

90 Indianapolis (Stinger226)

91 New Orleans (scs787)

92 Carolina (Adam)

93 New England (bradjock)

94 San Francisco (Jason)

95 Denver (Stinger226)

96 Minnesota (MadLith)

97 Pittsburgh (MadLith)

98 Green Bay (Jason)

99 Baltimore (Adam)

100 San Francisco (Jason)

Managers:

scs787 (Houston, Detroit, Chicago, Miami, New Orleans)

bradjock (St. Louis, Buffalo, Kansas City, San Diego, New England, Washington)

MadLith (Jacksonville, Minnesota, Pittsburgh, New York Jets, Cincinnati

Stinger226 (Cleveland, Atlanta, Dallas, Arizona, Denver, Indianapolis)

Jason (Oakland, Tennessee, Green Bay, San Francisco, Seattle)

Adam (Tampa Bay, New York Giants, Baltimore, Philadelphia, Carolina)

Jernigan, is a good valve at this spot of the draft, and its Lovie, defense, defense defense.

With the 41st pick in the 2014 NFL draft, the Buffalo Bills select Odell Beckham, WR LSU.

Tennesse (Jason) is on the clock.

With this pick I felt like a playmaker was the greatest need for Buffalo. There were 3-4 WR's I felt could easily go in this spot.

With the 41st pick in the 2014 NFL draft, the Buffalo Bills select Odell Beckham, WR LSU.

With this pick I felt like a playmaker was the greatest need for Buffalo. There were 3-4 WR's I felt could easily go in this spot.

He was already picked at 15

You will have to pick one of the other 2-3 as Beckham was selected in the first. My 2nd post has a list of available players. Allen Robinson, Donte Moncrief, and Davante Adams are the next 3 highest rated WRs.

You will have to pick one of the other 2-3 as Beckham was selected in the first. My 2nd post has a list of available players. Allen Robinson, Donte Moncrief, and Davante Adams are the next 3 highest rated WRs.

Oops!!! Re-do.

"With the 41st pick in the 2014 NFL draft, the Buffalo Bills select Jordan Mathews, WR from Vanderbilt."

Dude is built like Alshon Jeffery and broke his SEC records.

The Tennessee Titans (Jason) are on the clock.

With the 42nd pick of the 2014 NFL draft, the Tennessee Titans select:

Bradley Roby, CB, Ohio State

They have to replace Alterraun Verner, and Bradley Roby is a good candidate with great value at this point. Some have him going late in the first round. RBs for the Titans are a consideration, but there is better value later. Offense needs more improvement for the Titans than defense, but Roby probably comes in and starts day-1.

The N.Y. Giants (Adam) are on the clock.

With the 43rd pick in the 2014 NFL Draft, the New York Football Giants select:

Cyrus Kouandjio, OT, Alabama

After addressing TE in the first round, the Giants look to fill another need selecting a solid Offensive Lineman from Bama. He has a ton of upside and potential.

St. Louis (bradjock) are now on the clock.....

With the 43rd pick in the 2014 NFL Draft, the New York Football Giants select:

Cyrus Kouandjio, OT, Alabama

After addressing TE in the first round, the Giants look to fill another need selecting a solid Offensive Lineman from Bama. He has a ton of upside and potential.

St. Louis (bradjock) are now on the clock.....

With the 44th pick in the 2014 NFL draft, the St. Louis Rams select Sammy Watkins. WR from Clemson.

St. Louis really likes his play-making ability so much, they might have taken him with the #2 overall pick had Clowney not been available. So instead they take him at #44 . . .

Kidding aside (since I already screwed up once today)

With the 44th pick in the 2014 NFL draft, the St. Louis Rams select Donte Moncrief. WR from the University of Mississippi.

Rams need tons of offensive hel and Moncrief's size and speed are too good to pass up. The Rams could still use a playmaker at TE and they could still use secondary help, but so far they have upgraded the o-line, added a big play-making WR, and the best defensive player in the draft. So far, so good.

Detroit (SCS) is on the clock at #45 . . .

With the 45th pick of the 2014 draft the Detroit Lions select....Lamarcus Joyner CB/S Florida State.

I know he's listed as a CB, and you're thinkin 2 CBs in the first 2 rounds??? Nawww they need a FS to pair with SS Ihedigbo. I think Joyner is more than capable to play a solid CF.

Pittsburgh (MadLith) are now on the clock.....

With pick #48 in the 2014 NFL Draft, the Baltimore Ravens select: JaWuan James, OT, Tennessee. After picking HaHa Clinton-Dix in the first round, the Ravens look to bolster their Offensive Line with the OT out of Tennessee.

N.Y. Jets (MadLith) are now on the clock.....

Time to double dip...

With the 50th pick of the 2014 draft the Dolphins select..... Cameron Fleming OT Stanford

Adam took my James pick so I had to "reach" a bit to take Fleming. After last year the Dolphins absolutely must draft a starter for that OL, and Fleming might be the last "lock" starter pick.

With the 51st pick of the 2014 draft your Chicago Bears are...... In a tough position....

I'm really starting to like Brook Vereen(and others) later in the draft to compete with Conte, he's been a sleeper no one has really talked about, I think he could be just as good as Brooks who would be the obvious pick here.......Hageman being there is making this a little difficult on me, we've talked about going DT/DT before on this board and Hageman fits the bill of that discussion. Do I go Brooks even though I like others later, or go BPA and set the DL up to be hella nasty??? Or do I go Phillip Gaines who I drafted just yesterday in a draft in the other thread albeit later on.

Some aren't gonna like it but the Bears select....RaShede Hageman in a "ballsy" move.

Hageman has the ability to lineup at any position on the DL. He's quick and powerful enough to play the 3T, long and agile enough to lineup at DE, and with those long arms and big body he's more than capable of playing the nose, esp in a 1 gap system. Allen-Hageman-Donald-Houston should absolutely ball out and garner enough attention that OLs won't be able to get a big body out to the 2nd level to put a body on a LB.

What would you guys have done....Hageman? Brooks? Gaines? Roberson? Other? ......Hindsight I might have been better off going HHCD/Hageman, but again that's hindsight. Had no idea a guy like Hageman would actually still be there at 51.