2014 NFL Community Mock Draft

adam

Pick wiothout assitance!

It's your call. Make it!

Time to double dip...

With the 50th pick of the 2014 draft the Dolphins select..... Cameron Fleming OT Stanford

Adam took my James pick so I had to "reach" a bit to take Fleming. After last year the Dolphins absolutely must draft a starter for that OL, and Fleming might be the last "lock" starter pick.

With the 51st pick of the 2014 draft your Chicago Bears are...... In a tough position....

I'm really starting to like Brook Vereen(and others) later in the draft to compete with Conte, he's been a sleeper no one has really talked about, I think he could be just as good as Brooks who would be the obvious pick here.......Hageman being there is making this a little difficult on me, we've talked about going DT/DT before on this board and Hageman fits the bill of that discussion. Do I go Brooks even though I like others later, or go BPA and set the DL up to be hella nasty??? Or do I go Phillip Gaines who I drafted just yesterday in a draft in the other thread albeit later on.

Some aren't gonna like it but the Bears select....RaShede Hageman in a "ballsy" move.

Hageman has the ability to lineup at any position on the DL. He's quick and powerful enough to play the 3T, long and agile enough to lineup at DE, and with those long arms and big body he's more than capable of playing the nose, esp in a 1 gap system. Allen-Hageman-Donald-Houston should absolutely ball out and garner enough attention that OLs won't be able to get a big body out to the 2nd level to put a body on a LB.

What would you guys have done....Hageman? Brooks? Gaines? Roberson? Other? ......Hindsight I might have been better off going HHCD/Hageman, but again that's hindsight. Had no idea a guy like Hageman would actually still be there at 51.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Time to double dip...

With the 50th pick of the 2014 draft the Dolphins select..... Cameron Fleming OT Stanford

Adam took my James pick so I had to "reach" a bit to take Fleming. After last year the Dolphins absolutely must draft a starter for that OL, and Fleming might be the last "lock" starter pick.

With the 51st pick of the 2014 draft your Chicago Bears are...... In a tough position....

I'm really starting to like Brook Vereen(and others) later in the draft to compete with Conte, he's been a sleeper no one has really talked about, I think he could be just as good as Brooks who would be the obvious pick here.......Hageman being there is making this a little difficult on me, we've talked about going DT/DT before on this board and Hageman fits the bill of that discussion. Do I go Brooks even though I like others later, or go BPA and set the DL up to be hella nasty??? Or do I go Phillip Gaines who I drafted just yesterday in a draft in the other thread albeit later on.

Some aren't gonna like it but the Bears select....RaShede Hageman in a "ballsy" move.

Hageman has the ability to lineup at any position on the DL. He's quick and powerful enough to play the 3T, long and agile enough to lineup at DE, and with those long arms and big body he's more than capable of playing the nose, esp in a 1 gap system. Allen-Hageman-Donald-Houston should absolutely ball out and garner enough attention that OLs won't be able to get a big body out to the 2nd level to put a body on a LB.

What would you guys have done....Hageman? Brooks? Gaines? Roberson? Other? ......Hindsight I might have been better off going HHCD/Hageman, but again that's hindsight. Had no idea a guy like Hageman would actually still be there at 51.

Based on value, it is probably the best pick. Jean-Baptiste maybe in a reach? Our D-Line would definitely be a strength.

Based on value, it is probably the best pick. Jean-Baptiste maybe in a reach? Our D-Line would definitely be a strength.

Baptiste, Roberson, and Gaines(I really like him, but am a little surprised by how high he's ranked on the big board) were all considered as well as Brooks of course.

I just couldn't pass on the the value Hageman brings at 51, that's a steal.

Mayock has Donald and Hageman ranked 1/2 in a fairly good draft for DTs, grabbing both would be huge!

Baptiste, Roberson, and Gaines(I really like him, but am a little surprised by how high he's ranked on the big board) were all considered as well as Brooks of course.

I just couldn't pass on the the value Hageman brings at 51, that's a steal.

Mayock has Donald and Hageman ranked 1/2 in a fairly good draft for DTs, grabbing both would be huge!

If this actually played out in the real draft, we would seriously have a ridiculous Defensive Line rotation.

If this actually played out in the real draft, we would seriously have a ridiculous Defensive Line rotation.

They could really throw A TON of different looks at defenses with Houston and Hageman both being capable of playing anywhere on the DL. It'd be real tough for OLs to deal with.

I've been saying almost that same thing for a while. It's not extreme hindsight. Pretty obvious FS is thin and DT is deep. Having said that, I wouldn't be terribly upset with a draft that started with Donald and Hageman. I'd be pretty happy because it means the battle in the trenches most likely would be won by Chicago.

Donald/Hageman! Nice, you can have flexibility of rotating the two also. With fear of Donald not being an everydown guy and Hageman taking plays off. If Bucannon was there I'd question that.

Fun to follow and keep it going

Its time for the Cardinals to pick: Austin Seferian-Jenkins TE. they need help along the front line, but Austin is to good to pass up at this point of the draft.

Jason and the Puckers are on the clock.

They could really throw A TON of different looks at defenses with Houston and Hageman both being capable of playing anywhere on the DL. It'd be real tough for OLs to deal with.

Having that situation would be unique but as the draft as shown,all the good Ss are gone. Two good prospects in the line probably bodes well over all, but failing to get a starting safety would not be a good thing.

Having that situation would be unique but as the draft as shown,all the good Ss are gone. Two good prospects in the line probably bodes well over all, but failing to get a starting safety would not be a good thing.

I really think there's still some solid guys left that should be there in the 3rd who will come in, compete, and beat Conte and all the other guys they have at FS.

Brock Vereen is a guy I'm really starting to like. Good size, great strength, top shelf speed at the position, good in coverage(Has played CB), high character, leadership traits, good work ethic, and he has the family bloodlines(Pops was drafted and his bro is Shane Vereen).

Ed Reynolds has long been one of my favorites to draft in my mocks this offseason. Sans the speed and CB background I can say the same thing I did about Reynolds as I did about Vereen. His father played 9 years in the league.

Then there's Jaylen Watkins and Antone Exum who are widely listed as CBs but actually played FS last year and I think would be solid players at FS.

I've been saying almost that same thing for a while. It's not extreme hindsight. Pretty obvious FS is thin and DT is deep.

It is indeed hindsight though. I think there's a rather sizable drop off after Tuitt/Hageman, neither of which I'm sure would actually be there in real life.

I really think there's still some solid guys left that should be there in the 3rd who will come in, compete, and beat Conte and all the other guys they have at FS.

Brock Vereen is a guy I'm really starting to like. Good size, great strength, top shelf speed at the position, good in coverage(Has played CB), high character, leadership traits, good work ethic, and he has the family bloodlines(Pops was drafted and his bro is Shane Vereen).

Ed Reynolds has long been one of my favorites to draft in my mocks this offseason. Sans the speed and CB background I can say the same thing I did about Reynolds as I did about Vereen. His father played 9 years in the league.

Then there's Jaylen Watkins and Antone Exum who are widely listed as CBs but actually played FS last year and I think would be solid players at FS.

It is indeed hindsight though. I think there's a rather sizable drop off after Tuitt/Hageman, neither of which I'm sure would actually be there in real life.

The one out of that group that has any shot of being a starter, would be Exum. His injury took him down but is a sneaky pick to succeed.

If ya read it all I went with Hageman. Just opened it up for discussion on what others would have done.

Tough, tough call. In real life, I would probably target a trade down. I probably would have taken Brooks, but I'm higher on him than most.

The one out of that group that has any shot of being a starter, would be Exum. His injury took him down but is a sneaky pick to succeed.

Don't sleep on Ed Reynolds and Brock Vereen....I disagree with them but Sports Illustrated actually has Vereen ranked ahead of Bucannon on their Safety rankings.

I'd also be somewhat surprised if Bucannon wan't there in the real draft. Like the draft you just posted a little bit ago that you loved/hated they waited till the 3rd to draft a FS in Bucannon.

I have "zero regrets" "taking" Donald in the first. In hindsight would I have been better off taking HHCD/Pryor in the first? Sure. But If you woulda told me the 65th ranked Deone Bucannon would be gone while the 32nd ranked Hageman would still be sitting there, I woulda said you're crazy.

I've been saying almost that same thing for a while. It's not extreme hindsight. Pretty obvious FS is thin and DT is deep. Having said that, I wouldn't be terribly upset with a draft that started with Donald and Hageman. I'd be pretty happy because it means the battle in the trenches most likely would be won by Chicago.

Yeah, it's interesting and it's why I'm enjoying this process. Personallly with Buffalo and St. Louis, I might have slightly reached on offensive lineman (Taylor Lewan & Zach Martin) because it was their greatest need. By the time I got to round #2, there were some pretty damn good offensive linemen available. I had some buyers remorse. For example, with Buffalo I'd have taken a playmaker like Eric Ebron and #9 then came back with the OT Cyrus in round #2. Alas, but hindsight is 20-20.

What's is really opened my eyes up about is there is quite a few damn good defensive tackles and very few teams with that as a great need. Listening the SCORE, guys like Dan Pompei, Hub Arkush, and Lawrence Holmes keep saying the Bears are going to take a safety. I'm starting to think they are right. I wouldn't have said that 2 years ago.

Don't sleep on Ed Reynolds and Brock Vereen....I disagree with them but Sports Illustrated actually has Vereen ranked ahead of Bucannon on their Safety rankings.

I'd also be somewhat surprised if Bucannon wan't there in the real draft. Like the draft you just posted a little bit ago that you loved/hated they waited till the 3rd to draft a FS in Bucannon.

I have "zero regrets" "taking" Donald in the first. In hindsight would I have been better off taking HHCD/Pryor in the first? Sure. But If you woulda told me the 65th ranked Deone Bucannon would be gone while the 32nd ranked Hageman would still be sitting there, I woulda said you're crazy.

Yep. What's weird is that I've seen mock that have the Bears taking Hageman at #14. I think this speaks to how few teams need or want defensive tackles.

As for Deone Bucannon, what was Kyle Long ranked? 50th or something like that?

As for the pick, the Bears need 5 capable NFL defensive tackles. We currently have 3. Hageman was way ahead of the next guy and a need. Good pick.

With the 53rd pick in the 20-4 NFL draft, the Packers select:

Weston Richburg, C, Colorado State

My Green Bay insider wants mobile monsters on the interior OL, and more than one. Richburg is the #1 Center on most boards, and has great intangibles. Seems like a good fit for GB, and the OGs currently available felt like a reach. Almost went with Austin Seferian-Jenkins, but stuck to the GB insider requests.

Philly (Adam) are on the clock.

With the 54th pick in the 2014 NFL Draft, the Philadelphia Eagles select Allen Robinson, WR, Penn State. With the loss of D. Jackson, the Eagles were in need of a WR after selecting Dennard in the 1st. They have a couple of options with Adams, Bryant, and Richardson, but go with the local player out of Penn State.

Cincinnati (MadLith) are now on the clock.

At 55, Cincy takes C M Martin. They need to OL help...

With the 54th pick in the 2014 NFL Draft, the Philadelphia Eagles select Allen Robinson, WR, Penn State. With the loss of D. Jackson, the Eagles were in need of a WR after selecting Dennard in the 1st. They have a couple of options with Adams, Bryant, and Richardson, but go with the local player out of Penn State.

Cincinnati (MadLith) are now on the clock.

At 56 the Niners take Kyle Van Noy, OLB, BYU.

The Eagles taking Robinson sort of stole my thunder. Aldon Smith is still a dumbass.

SD (bradjock) is on the clock.

With the 57th pick, in the 2014 NFL draft, the San Diego Chargers select Davante Adams. WR Fresno State.

After cornerback, DT is by far the greatest need for the Chargers. Like the Bears, they sucked against the run. But the way defensive tackles have been dropping, I'm going to take the playmaker here in hopes that there will be a good DT tackle available in the 3rd round.

New Orleans (SCS) is on the clock.

I apologize for the wait.....With the 58th pick of the 2014 NFL draft the Saints select.....Phillip Gaines CB Rice.

According to rotoworld the Saints top needs are CB/OLB/OC, I already got them Dee Ford in the 1st, so I go CB here and take Gaines. I really love Gaines size/speed combo at 6' with 4.3 speed. He's a guy who in real life I think lasts till the 3rd round and a guy I'd love for the Bears to grab. Going off this big board though he's the top CB available making him my pick.

The Colts (stinger) are on the clock.

I apologize for the wait.....With the 58th pick of the 2014 NFL draft the Saints select.....Phillip Gaines CB Rice.

According to rotoworld the Saints top needs are CB/OLB/OC, I already got them Dee Ford in the 1st, so I go CB here and take Gaines. I really love Gaines size/speed combo at 6' with 4.3 speed. He's a guy who in real life I think lasts till the 3rd round and a guy I'd love for the Bears to grab. Going off this big board though he's the top CB available making him my pick.

The Colts (stinger) are on the clock.

The Colts have some weak spots on the offensive line they need to address.

So The Indy Colts pick -----Travis Swanson/OC---they need to upgrade their center position as a 4th round rookie played the position last year.

Carolina(Adam) is on the clock.