McClellin gets cut

VenomSox

VERY misleading title . . .

HA, indeed it is, I was like "WTF", and Terrator was probably like "thank god".

I'm rooting for him. That 4.5 40 would be among the fastest in this years drafts class for an OLB(if it's a 4.5 flat that's the 2nd fastest). I'm cool with Briggs-Bostic-Williams, but I sure wouldn't hate to see SMC sneak up on me and win a starting job.

Thanks for posting that. Reading that I went through a progression of 4 questions:

1. Is Shea the new MIKE? When he was drafted, there was speculation he would replace Urlacher. I know that officially he's competing for the strong side linebacker position, but it wouldn't surprise me if we didn't have other thoughts for him.

2. Why the hell didn't we do this sooner? Photo A is him trying to be a DE. He does not have the physical build for it.

3. Why isn't Shea on some form of PED??? Unfortunately, IMO I think this will be the greatest indicator of his success. I'm cynical and I'm convinced that 3/4's of the league is using PED's. If he's been working out 3 hours a day for 5 days a week, shouldn't he looked ripped? You can argue how ethical this is, but at the end of the day, we want the Bears to win. If Clay Mathews is doing it and Shea is not . . that's a huge advantage. Can someone please post the picture of the typical "ripped" linebacker vs. Shea? (I apologize that while I am somewhat tech savvy, that after 2000+ posts, I have never bothered mastering the skill of posting pictures on this web site.)

4. Isn't this awesome??? Without PED's he may not be elite. But if he's running a 4.5 and with good coaching, he can be a damn good player.

great tagline

Maybe, just maybe McClellin excels at this transition. I can see Shea and Bostic filling the SLB/MLB and Greene developing into a WLB , Greene was compared to Briggs coming out of the draft. If Bostic can grasp the MLB, he has leadership qualities. It's a lot to hope for, but with proper coaching, why can't it be done?

I now hate McClellin and hope he actually gets cut. How does a professional athlete have the same build as me? Ridiculous for a guy who has the money, motivation, and need to do nothing but learn a Playbook and look like a brick shithouse.

I now hate McClellin and hope he actually gets cut. How does a professional athlete have the same build as me? Ridiculous for a guy who has the money, motivation, and need to do nothing but learn a Playbook and look like a brick shithouse.

BldqJhJCUAAgymy.jpg

vs

brian31.jpg

Brian Urlacher never exactly looked ripped

I now hate McClellin and hope he actually gets cut. How does a professiolbs athlete have the same build as me? Ridiculous for a guy who has the money, motivation, and need to do nothing but learn a Playbook and look like a brick shithouse.

The old proverb...a picture is worth a thousand words but does not tell the whole story. Yes, he looks like a 5'9 skinny kid. He cut 10 lbs, but looks lean/skinny. His offseason program mainly cut bodyfat by the looks. Have to remember he is still 6-3, 250 and the picture doesnt give you that. That picture tells me 5'9 200.

Thanks for posting that. Reading that I went through a progression of 4 questions:

1. Is Shea the new MIKE? When he was drafted, there was speculation he would replace Urlacher. I know that officially he's competing for the strong side linebacker position, but it wouldn't surprise me if we didn't have other thoughts for him.

2. Why the hell didn't we do this sooner? Photo A is him trying to be a DE. He does not have the physical build for it.

3. Why isn't Shea on some form of PED??? Unfortunately, IMO I think this will be the greatest indicator of his success. I'm cynical and I'm convinced that 3/4's of the league is using PED's. If he's been working out 3 hours a day for 5 days a week, shouldn't he looked ripped? You can argue how ethical this is, but at the end of the day, we want the Bears to win. If Clay Mathews is doing it and Shea is not . . that's a huge advantage. Can someone please post the picture of the typical "ripped" linebacker vs. Shea? (I apologize that while I am somewhat tech savvy, that after 2000+ posts, I have never bothered mastering the skill of posting pictures on this web site.)

4. Isn't this awesome??? Without PED's he may not be elite. But if he's running a 4.5 and with good coaching, he can be a damn good player.

1. Wouldn't surprise me. Though i wonder how good he is in coverage. I think coverage is a pretty big key in a 4-3 MLB, and that's why I like Bostic there

2. This is "Workout warrior" Jarred Allen.... jaredallen.jpg ....Not exactly the most physically imposing fellow.

3. I don't believe 3/4 of the league is on PEDs....Patrick Willis is said to be the the most ripped LB in the league....patrick-willis.jpg

4. He's always had that good speed, if he can hang in coverage, he should be much better at LB

He's a Bear and he is busting his arse trying to improve. I am 100 percent in his corner. Let's hope he turns it around and we see value from the pick.

Peace :dabears

The old proverb...a picture is worth a thousand words but does not tell the whole story. Yes, he looks like a 5'9 skinny kid. He cut 10 lbs, but looks lean/skinny. His offseason program mainly cut bodyfat by the looks. Have to remember he is still 6-3, 250 and the picture doesnt give you that. That picture tells me 5'9 200.

Ya, at one point I was 6-3 260 and still looked like a tub of goo.

14% body fat means he has 215 pounds of muscle.....I was around 25%

Seriously?

You act like the guy is out banging his sister next to his dead bastard son laying on a crypt.

He is a VERY young man, and is doing everything it takes to get himself in a position to succeed. I am hoping he rocks it. Expecting...no. Hoping. Yes.

He's a Bear and he is busting his arse trying to improve. I am 100 percent in his corner. Let's hope he turns it around and we see value from the pick.

But was he busting his ass BEFORE?! Apparently not.

And comparing him to a guy like Urlacher makes no sense because Urlacher was able to do amazing things with his body...regardless of outward appearance (not like he was fat). He was doing wha the needed to do to be extremely successful. If SMC did the same he'd get he same pass.

And comparing him to a guy like Urlacher makes no sense because Urlacher was able to do amazing things with his body...regardless of outward appearance (not like he was fat). He was doing wha the needed to do to be extremely successful. If SMC did the same he'd get he same pass.

And? I'm not saying he's on the same level as 54, FAR from it, I'm just saying you don't need to be cut up or built like a brick shit house to succeed....As I showed in the picture of Allen, "one of the hardest working players in the league" , and yet he doesn't look real toned at all.

When talking about what he was able to do with said body...that's just talent. It has nothing to do with physique.

I could dig deeper and post more pictures, but I already feel like I need to go stare at stingers avatar to cleanse the so and so nfl player shirtless searches I've done already.

Seriously?

You act like the guy is out banging his sister next to his dead bastard son laying on a crypt.

He is a VERY young man, and is doing everything it takes to get himself in a position to succeed. I am hoping he rocks it. Expecting...no. Hoping. Yes.

I'm with you on this one. Many professional athletes don't look ripped and we won't even go into baseball players physiques. Besides that, it was the Bears who pushed him to gain weight. Weight that his body wasn't really meant to have. What I like about this isn't that he is now leaner, it is the core strength he has added.

http://espn.go.com/blog/chicago/bears/post...y-in-move-to-lb

------------------------------------

So I evaluated him and took a look at a lot of his stuff in college at Boise State. I realized he was missing a couple of strengths or strength qualities you need for football. He's a springy guy, so in space he can get around you. But when he would lock in with a player, he didn't have the isometric strength or back strength to drive past the guy and disengage."

That's exactly the trait that many here on the board complained about, myself included. To his credit he went and worked hard to improve it.

The picture isnt a good tell, he's a white guy. Hopefully he gets his shit together and goes out and succeeds, it helps the Bears be better. Like someone said , he is working harder to get where he needs to be. We have to give him credit for that.

I didn't compare him to Urlacher and I never would.

After he was drafted by the Bears, there was talk that he was too skinny to play DE so he was "bulking up." I suggested in my previous post that we asked him to put on weight that his slim build was not designed for. These pictures are evidence of that. I would view it as being comparable to every DT who has a spare tire around their waist. They are expected to maintain a certain weight to play the position.

Don't be mad at Shea. Be mad at Phil Emery and the Bears for wasting two years asking him to do something that doesn't fit his greatest strengths.

1. Wouldn't surprise me. Though i wonder how good he is in coverage. I think coverage is a pretty big key in a 4-3 MLB, and that's why I like Bostic there

2. This is "Workout warrior" Jarred Allen.... jaredallen.jpg ....Not exactly the most physically imposing fellow.

3. I don't believe 3/4 of the league is on PEDs....Patrick Willis is said to be the the most ripped LB in the league....patrick-willis.jpg

4. He's always had that good speed, if he can hang in coverage, he should be much better at LB

Yes!!! Shea needs to get on PED's so he can look like Patrick Willis!!! I'll admit Urlacher and Allen look natural looking. Patrick Willis??? Not so much.

Thanks for the pics.

I'm with you on this one. Many professional athletes don't look ripped and we won't even go into baseball players physiques. Besides that, it was the Bears who pushed him to gain weight. Weight that his body wasn't really meant to have. What I like about this isn't that he is now leaner, it is the core strength he has added.

http://espn.go.com/blog/chicago/bears/post...y-in-move-to-lb

So I evaluated him and took a look at a lot of his stuff in college at Boise State. I realized he was missing a couple of strengths or strength qualities you need for football. He's a springy guy, so in space he can get around you. But when he would lock in with a player, he didn't have the isometric strength or back strength to drive past the guy and disengage."

That's exactly the trait that many here on the board complained about, myself included. To his credit he went and worked hard to improve it.

Based on what you described about his strengths, being springy and working in space, should he be in line for the middle linebacker position? If he plays the strong position, he'll be required to shed blockers which is not a strength. At the MIKE, he would operate in open space where he could utilize his speed.

I wouldn't be shocked if he's not the starting MIKE linebacker by mid-season.