Good as Gould

Alaskan Grizzly

1 hour ago, AZ54 said:

Watching the Packers get owned like that on their home field was a very rewarding experience for me.  

What’s more is how the GB fans are melting down on Twitter (and presumably elsewhere).  Many saying they want Rodgers gone because ‘he can’t go deep into the playoffs’ and it’s ‘time to start Love’!  Lol…God we can only hope. 

The MVP Rodgers offense scored 10 pts and only 3 after their first drive. He only had 225 passing yards and 75 came on blown coverage wheel route to Jones. So besides that play, he had 150 passing yards in a home playoff game coming off a bye with arguably the best WR in the game. This might be the biggest indictment on him, of his 29 pass attempts, 21 went to Adams and Jones. Only 2 other players caught a single pass, Lazard and Lewis (and Lewis fumbled). 

I thought LaFleur was an offensive genius just like Shanahan. Their offenses scored a combined 16 pts, lol. Jimmy G won a playoff game going 11-19, 131 yds, 0 TD, 1 INT a week after going 16-25, 172 yds, 0 TD, 1 INT.

So Jimmy G is 2-0 in the playoffs with these totals: 27-46, 58.6%, 303 yds, 0 TD, 2 INT.  That feels so much like Trent Dilfer on the 2000 Ravens. Here were his numbers after 2 playoff games: 14-30, 46.6%, 247 yds, 1 TD, 0 INT

9 hours ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

What’s more is how the GB fans are melting down on Twitter (and presumably elsewhere).  Many saying they want Rodgers gone because ‘he can’t go deep into the playoffs’ and it’s ‘time to start Love’!  Lol…God we can only hope. 

They might not get that choice. They are massively over the cap and while they can restructure it - the run is near done with Rodgers. Wont be easy to bring back Adam’s with the cap pressures they have. They will still be good next year (if Rodgers is there)…but a huge question whether he stays or not given another early exit. 

12 minutes ago, DABEARSDABOMB said:

They might not get that choice. They are massively over the cap and while they can restructure it - the run is near done with Rodgers. Wont be easy to bring back Adam’s with the cap pressures they have. They will still be good next year (if Rodgers is there)…but a huge question whether he stays or not given another early exit. 

I'm loving this.  They are projected at 44 mil over the cap.  Rodgers hit alone is 46 mil.  Adams is going to get 24-27 mil/yr somewhere.  Something's gotta give...🙏😊

20-20; Robbie Gould in career post season field goals. I was mad the day they cut him (someone could probably find lots of my posts on this board)…was even madder when they replaced him with an inferior kicker and am finally happy cause maybe this was the master plan - this kick might have ended the Packers recent dominance in the NFC north!!! 

I always remember the game winner he hit against Seattle in playoffs - the year the Bears made the Super Bowl (or at least I think it was that year). 

Wow what a game that LAR vs TB game was!!!  Another decided by a field goal at the very end after LA had a 27-3 lead at half!!

But…so far all the home teams (both the 1st seeds and one 2nd seed) are out of the playoffs.  And no QB named Rodgers, Roethlisberger or Brady will be in the Super Bowl.  Pretty damn cool!  

24 minutes ago, DABEARSDABOMB said:

What a weekend of football. Amazing. Feel so bad for the Bills.

Yeah they played until the final whistle for sure.  Watch out for them in the future.  

After their offense got exposed a bit I’m a little tarnished on Daboll as HC.  He and Frazier are free to hire now.  

10 hours ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

After their offense got exposed a bit I’m a little tarnished on Daboll as HC.  He and Frazier are free to hire now.

What?  Exposed for 438 yards, zero turnovers, 36 points and the single greatest playoff game, ever.  They adjusted enough to get Gabriel Davis 4 touchdowns.  I drafted him on my fantasy team and had to cut him because he did nothing all season.  Also drafted Devin Singletary and he did nothing until the last couple weeks of the season and the playoffs.  The Bills defense got exposed, but the offense in no way was exposed.

38 minutes ago, Mongo3451 said:

What?  Exposed for 438 yards, zero turnovers, 36 points and the single greatest playoff game, ever.  They adjusted enough to get Gabriel Davis 4 touchdowns.  I drafted him on my fantasy team and had to cut him because he did nothing all season.  Also drafted Devin Singletary and he did nothing until the last couple weeks of the season and the playoffs.  The Bills defense got exposed, but the offense in no way was exposed.

My bust, I had that backwards.   

Yeah Fraziers D struggled especially at the end of the game.  

It is sad that as a Bears fan we're relegated to rooting against the Packers in the playoffs since our team isn't in it. 

That said...

Loved watching the Packers and their overhyped "MVP" Rodgers get knocked out in their first game of the playoffs, and even better that it was former Bear Robbie Gould hammering the nail in the coffin.   This was by far the most entertaining NFL playoff weekends in some time.  This game was such a defensive battle for both teams.  These are the games where ST play a huge role and that is what ultimately sealed the Packer's fate.  A blocked FG (cost GB 3 points) and later a blocked punt recovered for a TD (gave SF 7 points) ultimately sealed this game.  GB's offense mustered only 10 points in this game, and I've heard the counter argument that "well neither offense did anything. But as hyped up as the GB offense was this year, and their MVP QB who's a future HOF, and all the praise that gets heaped on their offense there's really no other way to put it than it was a choke job.  Of the two offenses in this game one was clearly more highly touted.  No one was hyping up the Gimmy G lead offense.  Credit to SF for bringing it defensively.  Outside of the opening drive, GB mustered only 3 points for more than quarters of play.  Even if you give them the FG that was blocked, that's still only 6 points for nearly an entire game.  For an offense that is supposedly unstoppable.  Something that jumped out to me is that Rodgers seemed to only throw to Adams I only remember a few passes that went elsewhere one of which was caught and promptly fumbled.  Dillon getting injured definitely didn't help but their struggles didn't start with his exit.  GB went away from the run game which was working.  The passing game was meh, so they should have leaned more heavily on Jones and Dillon. 

Special teams for the Packers ST let them down big time, and it had been an issue all season but got masked. One of the irony's of the GB-SF game is that Gould turned out to the hero and till we got Santos we'd been searching for a dependable kicker since we cut Gould.  All in all our special teams has been fairly solid especially once we put Grant back there returning kicks.  It just comes to show you you need all three phases of the game playing at a high level or at least capable of stepping up to pick up the slack.  If GB's ST were solid in this game, it's still a close game but they likely win it 16-3.  

Packer's tears are only a poor substitute for Bears cheers, here's hoping in the coming years the new GM and coaching staff can put a product on the field worth rooting for, we've been long starved for a consistent winner.  I'd much rather be cheering on my team in the playoffs than taking pleasure in my teams rival choking in the playoffs.  

2 hours ago, BearFan2000 said:

It is sad that as a Bears fan we're relegated to rooting against the Packers in the playoffs since our team isn't in it. 

Agree 100% but for all the points you make, and that Rodgers has been a general D-bag this year (IMHO) is good to see them go out.  I've had discussions with a few fans in person and through social media that love to say how much our team sucks.  When I remind them that usually GB isn't far behind the Bears when it comes to leaving the season without going to the SB they say 'yeah, not this year'.  Yet here we are.  

Speaking on the special teams.   Given all four games this weekend were decided by 3-6 pts (only KC and Buff were the oddity at 6 but due to OT) there is even more emphasis on  that phase doing well.  We are all too familiar with that from when Parkey kicked for us.  Anyhow, I couldn't help but notice the on-going stroking the announcers (mostly Romo) were doing about Butker being the best kicker in the league after Justin Tucker and how good he was. Right after Romo talks about how he has the 'cleanest kick arc' (or something ridiculous) he goes and misses wide right.  Then nearly misses another later in the game. And "Parkey'ed" one of his XPs.  So even when you have a "sure thing" like Butker on your team, nothing is guaranteed.  

That being said, I agree with you.  I like where our ST is currently.  Santos isn't the best out there but by in large he's done pretty damn good (the best we've had since Gould... IMHO). And Grant is something special for sure. Once they decide on the new HC I'm hoping ST isn't one they tinker with too much.

1 hour ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

Agree 100% but for all the points you make, and that Rodgers has been a general D-bag this year (IMHO) is good to see them go out.  I've had discussions with a few fans in person and through social media that love to say how much our team sucks.  When I remind them that usually GB isn't far behind the Bears when it comes to leaving the season without going to the SB they say 'yeah, not this year'.  Yet here we are.  

Speaking on the special teams.   Given all four games this weekend were decided by 3-6 pts (only KC and Buff were the oddity at 6 but due to OT) there is even more emphasis on  that phase doing well.  We are all too familiar with that from when Parkey kicked for us.  Anyhow, I couldn't help but notice the on-going stroking the announcers (mostly Romo) were doing about Butker being the best kicker in the league after Justin Tucker and how good he was. Right after Romo talks about how he has the 'cleanest kick arc' (or something ridiculous) he goes and misses wide right.  Then nearly misses another later in the game. And "Parkey'ed" one of his XPs.  So even when you have a "sure thing" like Butker on your team, nothing is guaranteed.  

That being said, I agree with you.  I like where our ST is currently.  Santos isn't the best out there but by in large he's done pretty damn good (the best we've had since Gould... IMHO). And Grant is something special for sure. Once they decide on the new HC I'm hoping ST isn't one they tinker with too much.

I think Tabor has done a good job (that said I believe he is on a 2nd interview in Carolina for some position under Rhule).  However - while Santos has been accurate inside the 45 - Santos has his issues. Not having a kicker who can hit from deep is a real issue in my opinion. When it comes to late in game game-winners, Santos is pretty low on my list when it comes to nailing a long kick (he just doesn't have the leg).  

We need to be careful - cause you can find someone worse, but despite his accuracy (which is really good) - Santos is very pedestrian as a whole cause he just has one of the weakest legs of all the kickers in the league.  Hopefully he can put some work on that - but I think his power was impacted by those injuries that impacted him (when he left the Chiefs / his initial short lived stint with the Bears - but maybe he can get some of that strength back (while maintaining the accuracy).  

Adding this here.  And have no intention of turning this into a political discussion.  Just that Rodgers proves how much of an out of touch douche he can be.  Most of us Bears fans wanted you and your team to lose because as you were so kind to remind us earlier this season you “owned us”.  But really Aaron there are a plethora of reasons we wanted the Pack to lose. Fuc# Rodgers!  

8 hours ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

Adding this here.  And have no intention of turning this into a political discussion.  Just that Rodgers proves how much of an out of touch douche he can be.  Most of us Bears fans wanted you and your team to lose because as you were so kind to remind us earlier this season you “owned us”.  But really Aaron there are a plethora of reasons we wanted the Pack to lose. Fuc# Rodgers!  

Not me! Strictly I rooted against you because you are an arrogant a$$hole.

Remember saying "I Own You" at Soldier Field? That has nothing to do with your vaccination status. Also the fact that your team has choked 3 years in a row has something to do with it. Plus real Chicago Bears fans hate you anyway.

5 hours ago, lemonej said:

Not me! Strictly I rooted against you because you are an arrogant a$$hole.

Remember saying "I Own You" at Soldier Field? That has nothing to do with your vaccination status. Also the fact that your team has choked 3 years in a row has something to do with it. Plus real Chicago Bears fans hate you anyway.

Yes he is and YES, my favorite teams are Da Bears and ANYONE playing the Puckers!