OLINE rated 5th

Stinger226

PFF came out with there projects of OLines and have us ranked 5th. PFF is just one of many ways to look at NFL players but if we just do the eye test, we have a top10 Oline.

This helps our offense become more consistent. Howard will be one of the top 5 RBs in the league this year.

The short passing game will be stellar with many TE prospects, Cohen out of the backfield, and Wright or Cruz out of the slot.

Glennon is a accurate passer when given time making our down field threats viable. Wheaton, White, and Meridith.

All good good. winning record this year, I PREDICT

They add up their scores and give a cumulative grade for each unit, so because Long, Whitehair and Sitton were so high, we could have replacements OT's and we would still be top 5. The problem is, LT is probably the most important spot on the line, so it needs to be weighted. I think we are probably a top 12 unit which is still good enough.

They add up their scores and give a cumulative grade for each unit, so because Long, Whitehair and Sitton were so high, we could have replacements OT's and we would still be top 5. The problem is, LT is probably the most important spot on the line, so it needs to be weighted. I think we are probably a top 12 unit which is still good enough.

Good point. PFF throws a lot of data around, but most of it is the result of subjective grading and I question the way they process that "data' into their conclusions as well.

This article made me eyeroll.

In other news, Jordan, Pippen, Rodman, a midget, and Stephen Hawking would be the best starting five in a rec league. Grading the OLs as a unit without weighting them is nearly pointless.

This article made me eyeroll.

In other news, Jordan, Pippen, Rodman, a midget, and Stephen Hawking would be the best starting five in a rec league. Grading the OLs as a unit without weighting them is nearly pointless.

Almost all NFL news at this point of the offseason is pointless. If your website's name is Pro Football ANYTHING then you have to find some way to make money in Jun and July. This is why I prefer to ignore all that and watch a few classic games or maybe catch some of the "A Football Life" shows, which are really well done.

Almost all NFL news at this point of the offseason is pointless. If your website's name is Pro Football ANYTHING then you have to find some way to make money in Jun and July. This is why I prefer to ignore all that and watch a few classic games or maybe catch some of the "A Football Life" shows, which are really well done.

Here Here AZ54! :cheers

• 3 weeks later...
PFF came out with there projects of OLines and have us ranked 5th. PFF is just one of many ways to look at NFL players but if we just do the eye test, we have a top10 Oline.

This helps our offense become more consistent. Howard will be one of the top 5 RBs in the league this year.

The short passing game will be stellar with many TE prospects, Cohen out of the backfield, and Wright or Cruz out of the slot.

Glennon is a accurate passer when given time making our down field threats viable. Wheaton, White, and Meridith.

All good good. winning record this year, I PREDICT

Ranked 5th from the bottom of the entire NFL???

• 2 weeks later...

This is great except let's keep in mind this would be assuming all 5 guys can stay healthy. And that's a major major question mark with these guys lately. Long and sitton and great pro bowl guard which means squat if they can't stay on the field. I do think it's a good line but it's only on paper. Let's see if the same 5 guys start the 1st 4 games. Then we can talk

• 2 months later...
Massie and Leno make this impossible. I can't believe we extended Leno.

I feel like a broken record. I said Massie and Leno weren't good, and advocated for both a FA and draft upgrade. Neither happened. It makes no sense whatsoever. It's also why Whitehair should have been moved to the outside, and Grasu moved to Center.

If you are drafting a QB of the future, there should be every effort to make him comfortable.

1. The best way to do this is with an impenetrable OL. With enough time, even the Bears' third-rate WRs at this point could get open. But right now the Bears don't have their best 5 on the field. They are holding on to cohesion for purely the sake of cohesion. If they don't feel Whitehair is good enough to take the LT job, then he's definitely better than what the Bears have at RT.

2. The next best way to do this is a dominating running game. A great running game makes play-action believable, and easy to accomplish because the other team has to bring up the safeties to help. This team is actually not far off from accomplishing this, in my opinion.

3. The third best way to do it is to sign all the receiving weapons possible. If the OL isn't good, and the running game isn't good, then the WR will have to do a lot of chucking and ducking. At that point you need receivers to make continuously great plays. LOL. Not even close.

Leno got beat on that one play and had that penalty, but he is an unnecessary scapegoat. He is a much better LT then the majority of posters give him credit for.

He's not the worst in the NFL, but he's easily below average. He rarely dominates his opponent, seemingly has at least one crucial penalty a game, and is the source of considerable pressure on the Bears' QBs.

I am currently less concerned with Leno that Whitehair with his pre-snap penalties and holding. Also he is struggling to snap to the QB in the shot gun which will affect Trublisky greatly.

i have to agree on this. i am not sure what the problem is with whitehair. second year players seem to run into a slump and possibly this is the case. whatever it is he has played poorly at center this season and either has to improve or be replaced. just too many bad snaps and penalties.