Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

TalkBears Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bearstalk

Are you a diehard Chicago Bears fan? If so, you've found the spot to discuss all things Chicago Bears. Discuss the Monsters of the Midway as the Bears look to repeat their success from last season in 2026! Flaming is not allowed and all such posts will be deleted. Try to keep it clean and most importantly BEAR DOWN! #BEARS #CHICAGOBEARS #BEARDOWN

  1. Started by Ed Hochuli 3:16,

    It comes out tomorrow at 7:00 CT. My guesses on primetime games: @ Detroit, Green Bay, Dallas, @ Pittsburgh

    • 22 replies
    • 4.1k views
  2. Started by CrackerDog,

    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100000022...red-lovie-smith It was all about Jay.

    • 22 replies
    • 2.8k views
  3. Started by CrackerDog,

    The Chicago Bears Sunday waived 14 players, including Devin Aromashodu and Tom Zbikowski. The roster now stands at 76 active players. Here are the players waived: Wide receiver Devin Aromashodu, running back Curtis Brinkley, defensive tackle Eric Foster, tackle A.J. Lindeman, center P.J. Lonergan, safety Derrick Martin, defensive end Kyle Moore, tight end Gabe Miller, tight end Leonard Pope, linebacker Patrick Trahan, punter Tress Way, linebacker Lawrence Wilson and safety Tom Zbikowski.

    • 22 replies
    • 3.2k views
  4. Started by 50england50,

    I know there h 've been concerns with our Dline but Conte and Wright are useless.

  5. Started by CrackerDog,

    Alright, let me start by saying I realize we went into the game banged up on D and we took even more injuries during the game. I get that and it's a reasonable excuse. But it's an excuse nonetheless. I also realize we got three turnovers and the win, which is all that's important. Most importantly, we now have a week and a half to get healthy which should be extremely beneficial under the circumstances. With all of that said, I'm downright pissed off about what I saw last night while the D was out there. We got ZERO QB pressure without sending extra guys and our front 7 couldn't stop Jacobs at all. Third down was like taking candy from a baby. If it wasn't f…

    • 22 replies
    • 3.4k views
  6. Started by Uncle Buck,

    PEr WSCR, torn groin muscle

    • 22 replies
    • 2.9k views
  7. Started by CrackerDog,

    Not sure I agree with this but it's a "glass half full" take on what many of us are struggling to understand. http://gapersblock.com/tailgate/2014/01/be...iendly-deal.php Again, I don't know what the real contract details are but it seems most are agreeing that first year salary is $22.5. If as this article suggests this doesn't stop them from going after the star defensive FA's out there, it might make sense. I'm still trying to come to grips with it.

    • 22 replies
    • 2.5k views
  8. Started by Uncle Buck,

    Brad Biggs is reporting that Cutler's contract is written so that the Bears can convert portions of the contract to a bonus status, so that it can be spread out. Trib posted the article at 8:00PM tonight They are calling it a automatic conversion clause that allows the Bears to convert salary to bonus whenever they wish and it will be allocated over the contract years.

  9. Started by scs787,

    This is actually a bit of old news, he signed on Jan 10th, but I hadn't heard until just now when I was watching the rugby 7s.....If this guy puts it together he's going to be an absolute pest, think Darren Sproles. Wish we had a catch all for this sort of stuff.

    • 22 replies
    • 3.6k views
  10. Started by Clawhammer,

    http://www.nfl.com/draft/2009/profiles/johnny-knox?id=79595 Well...

  11. Started by Wesson44,

    Can Brandon Rideau Contribute? by GeauxBears on Jun 2, 2009 5:00 PM CDT 29 comments The Chicago Bears picked up wide receiver Brandon Rideau after he was cut in the 2006 preseason by the Cleveland Browns. He has since spent his time on the practice squad. A lot of people have been asking about Rideau, wondering why the Bears have been keeping him around for so long without actually doing anything with him. Larry Meyer addressed Rideau in the May 26 edition of Chalk Talk. Brandon Rideau is having a very good offseason. He’s made some nice catches in the workouts I’ve watched, including a nifty grab along the sideline in an OTA practice last week.…

    • 22 replies
    • 4.4k views
  12. From the Tribune: Chicago Bears Devin Hester willing to give up punt returns, just not immediately By Vaughn McClure It was interesting to see Jamie Dukes of the NFL Network rank Devin Hester the fifth-best return man in the league. Dukes said Hester would be No. 1 without the title of receiver behind his name. Wonder what Dukes and other NFL observers would say if Hester gave up returns, period? It could happen. The Bears star, who surrendered his kickoff return duties to Danieal Manning last season, said he would be willing to give up punt returns, too ... just not immediately. ``I think a return man simply has to be a return man,’’ Hester …

    • 22 replies
    • 3.8k views
  13. Started by Bears4Ever_34,

    http://www.tmz.com/2009/08/12/michael-vick...l-bearing-down/ What does this mean??

    • 22 replies
    • 4.1k views
  14. Started by nfoligno,

    I knew he would not get off scott free. I knew he would have to serve jail time. What is surprising to me is that he agreed to a 2 year sentence. What an idiot. All reports said that at one point, he was offered as little as a 3 month sentence, and if he accepted that deal, he would already be out of jail. Instead, he is only now about to begin a MUCH longer sentence, and while he hopes for different, in all liklihood his NFL career is over. Anyone still upset we didn't sign him?

    • 22 replies
    • 4.3k views
  15. He is, bar none, the worst guard I have ever seen.

    • 22 replies
    • 3.9k views
  16. Started by NAMEDSONPAYTON2,

    Lovie needs to sit some players at the start of a game for a couple of series or a half. Omaliye,Forte,Harris for example. Lovie is their coach first, not friend first, who cares what they think.You cannot tell me Vasher did not want to prove something after being benched, and he did with a little luck but I know he was pumped when he was sent in. It lights a fire under the substitute and the player being sat,when he returnes, believe that. I want Lovie to get more fierce, like we do when we watch the game and get a little heated. Not Ditka style but more then he has. Another thing,I hate our blitzing. It's always everybody on the line rushing a straight line to the qb,wh…

  17. Started by BearFan2000,

    in the last two weeks we have been man handled twice won a game that felt more like a loss than a win. where do we begin putting humpty dumpty back together.... I honestly don't know where to begin. Let's face this is a wreck of a team. When Lovie took over we had a strong defense and no offense. Over his time here his staff took over a talented defense and rode that to a Super Bowl. Now that that D has declined and an offense crippled by poor offensive line play, poor play calling, poor execution. An overall team attitude of a team that has no heart, no discipline, outside of a few players I don't see a lot worth saving. 1. I have to ask as they were…

  18. Started by Ed Hochuli 3:16,

    Three things that really stood out to me: 1. Paraphrasing, Jay basically said- "Brian never apologized to me" and he said it with a sarcastic chuckle. Does anyone think that this could have long term bad effects on this team? I know we're already heading in a downward spiral, but when your 2 faces of the franchise seem to not like one another, that just gets the spiral going even faster. While I agree that the 2 will never be on the field at the same time during the game, I just hate to see this especially when everything else is going wrong. 2. He also mentioned that it takes long for an offense to gel. He said it took 3+ years in Denver. Jay, I hate to be a d*…

    • 22 replies
    • 3.7k views
  19. Started by Uncle Buck,

    I wanted to solicit some opinions about the David Haugh article that appears in the Chicago Tribune today; I'd post a link but I am too technically deficient to do so. He writes as if he is Ted Phillips offering an open letter to the fans. His premise is that Ted and the McCaskey family is as angry as the fans, but blames the team's problems on the talent rather than coaching. As Ted Phillips he believes Jerry Angelo and Lovie Smith deserve one more chance to right the ship. He cites fiscal responsibility as a reason for this decision. Personally, as far as the Bears and the McCaskey's are concerned, the cost of blowing up this management team is less than the future…

  20. Started by nfoligno,

    http://www.chicagobreakingsports.com/2009/12/cutler-3.html Report: Cutler may lobby for USC coordinator ESPN.com reports: If the Bears hire a new offensive coordinator in the offseason, Jay Cutler likely will lobby for USC offensive coordinator Jeremy Bates, multiple sources have told ESPN's Adam Schefter. Bates worked with Cutler in Denver, where he was an assistant to Mike Shanahan. When Shanahan was fired, Cutler told the team he would only stay in Denver if Bates stayed, according to Schefter's sources. Bates left the Broncos to coach at USC. Schefter's sources say that if Bates wants to join the Bears, USC will let him. I realize it says Bat…

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.