Who's Online (See full list)
Bearstalk
Are you a diehard Chicago Bears fan? If so, you've found the spot to discuss all things Chicago Bears. Discuss the Monsters of the Midway as the Bears look to repeat their success from last season in 2026! Flaming is not allowed and all such posts will be deleted. Try to keep it clean and most importantly BEAR DOWN! #BEARS #CHICAGOBEARS #BEARDOWN
12,548 topics in this forum
-
I am truly saddened by the passing of one of my childhood heroes Ernie Banks aka Mr. Cub. By me being one of the true nuts who roots for both Chicago baseball teams because of the way my dad did this. My spring and summers consisted of Cubs baseball in the afternoon on channel 9 (WGN) and White Sox at night on the transitor radio since the Sox played more night games home and away. Ernie Banks epitomized what we all would hope the sports teams we root for players would be. Personable, productive, approachable and entusiastic about their team and the city they play in. RIP Mr Cub. My Chicago Sports Mt Rushmore: Halas-Banks-Hull- Jordon
-
- 11 replies
- 2.3k views
-
-
What about Lebron James? http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d822d...n=Facebook_news (Only partially serious)
-
- 8 replies
- 2.3k views
-
-
Warning Long Post Incoming I am starting to think Poles is just a very average GM that got lucky. Just think if the Bears didn't have the #1 pick in 2023? He picked Eberflus over a bunch of better options. There were all kinds of problems with other staff members and in less than 3 years, they are already on their 2nd OC, DC, RB Coach and a whole bunch of other coaching positions. He got rid of players like Montgomery who signed for less than the Bears paid Swift for and Monty is clearly the better RB. He let other players walk like Daniels only to pay someone like Davis. He replaced Mooney with Tyler Scott. He drafted Gill, to cut him and draft Taylor in…
-
- 30 replies
- 2.3k views
-
-
I don't know how many of you heard of this or saw this, but after Randel El's 2 point conversion yesterday, Hester tweeted this: Thoughts? This seems to be deeper than "I wish I got the ball more." Sounds more like "give me the f***ing ball, idiots."
-
- 13 replies
- 2.3k views
-
-
Per Tribune. http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/footb...0,3761196.story Peace
-
- 10 replies
- 2.3k views
-
-
You got to admire the boldness. My guess is any move up would be to acquire a WR or tackle. Pompei later speculates how the Bears are very interested in Robisnkie. Robinskie definately would be a nice fit along with Bennett and Hester. My guess is that if they trade up, its to target a 1st round tackle that slides or to grab a WR like Robinskie/Nicks. Otherwise I could very well see them trading down if Britts/Robinski/Nicks are off the board (this would be easier to do if the Bears sign Holt cause they'd have even less pressure to grab a WR super early and could make adjustments of what they picked based upon the way the draft unfolds).
-
- 9 replies
- 2.3k views
-
-
http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/footb...0,2319327.story Pace is done and it's about time they made the move.
-
After this week, we locked in all 6 playoff teams with one regular season week left. PapaBear, in 1st, at 10-2 is guaranteed a bye and is only playing for seeding this week (a win or The Bunny loss locks in #1 seed) The Bunny, in 2nd, at 9-3 can finish as high as 1st (with a win and PB loss) or 3rd (with a loss and Nopper win). Nopper, in 3rd, at 9-3 can finish as high as 2nd and no lower than 3rd. My Deflated Balls, in 4th, at 7-5 is locked in at 4th or 5th, and regardless will play Domination Inc in the first round of the playoffs. Domination Inc, in 5th, at 7-5 is also locked in at 4th or 5th, and will play My Deflated Balls in the first round …
-
- 8 replies
- 2.3k views
-
-
RD2-64 Major Wright FS Florida 6-1 205 RD3-96 Josh McNeil C/G Tenn 6-4 289 RD4-128 Ugo Chinasa DE OK St 6-6 255 RD5-160 Zac Robinson QB OK St 6-3 210 RD6-192 Jamar Chaney ILB Miss St. 6-1 238 RD7-224 Michael Jordan DE Mich St. 6-5 295 (just for the name, but Hester will have to give up his # which the nfl wants anyways)
-
- 6 replies
- 2.3k views
-
-
The last two years the Thursday night NFL Network games have been broadcast locally in the Chicago area (which has extended to Peoria) Pixote asked over the summer about viewing the Thursday night games and I told him it wouldn't be a problem. Checking the local listings the game is not on . . . sorry about that Pix. Any tips for how to view the game? Otherwise I'll be in the garage with the radio checking the computer for video updates and likely chatting here. I do feel for all of you who don't live locally and deal with this problem every week.
-
- 21 replies
- 2.3k views
-
-
Listening to the Score this morning Mully brought up an interesting point. Why is Hester still on the roster? Only a returner paying 2.8 mil, if you trade him you dont have 833,000 in dead cap space. Bragging him up and offering him on draft day for a 5th or 6th rounder? Makes a lot of sense to me. I see a good team taking a flyer on him to put them over the top. He has not been good for the last 1 and 1/2 years but teams still treated him as such by altering there kickoffs. I see that as a possibility.
-
- 20 replies
- 2.3k views
-
-
-
To give Williams his chance. Its like watching a tank race nascar.
-
- 5 replies
- 2.3k views
-
-
I won't post the whole thing, because I think it's probably frowned upon, but you can find it various places if you look hard enough even if you don't have ESPN Insider. Here's the Bears picks: 17. (49) Chicago Bears Derrick Williams WR Penn State 35. (99) Chicago Bears (Compensatory) Corvey Irvin DT Georgia 19. (119) Chicago Bears Captain Munnerlyn* DB South Carolina 4. (140) Chicago Bears (from Denver through Seattle) Courtney Greene SS Rutgers 18. (154) Chicago Bears Jonathan Luigs OC Arkansas 17. (190) Chicago Bears Joel Bell OT Furman 37. (246) Chicago Bears (compensatory) Mortty Ivy OLB West Virginia 42. (251) Chicago Bears (compensatory) Phillip …
-
- 9 replies
- 2.3k views
-
-
Be Passionate, post your feelings and have a few laughs in the process of enjoying what we all should love talking football and about the Bears.None of the people who have administrator next to their names wants to censor anything that anyone says but, if some of the personal stuff continues we will be forced to in the beginning to edit a few posts ( whether its clean up the language or delete personal attacks) or take more drastic measures. Incidently I am not a fan of anything that reduces freedom of speech,but forums have the right to govern what is being transmitted on its site. I like eveyrone's posts whether I agree or not but I respond to the posts most freque…
-
- 13 replies
- 2.3k views
-
-
I was messaging with scs about how we view the board and was wondering how everyone views the threads... Do you guys view in standard mode or outline mode? (or other?) I view in outline since I don't necessarily care what the most recent post is, but instead to follow a specific sub-thread or conversation.
-
- 28 replies
- 2.3k views
-
-
LAKE FOREST, Ill. – The Bears on Sunday waived wide receivers Marcus Monk and Ryan Grice-Mullen, cornerback Leslie Majors and safety Josh Gattis. Monk, the last of 12 players the Bears selected in the 2008 NFL Draft, was a seventh-round pick (248th overall) from Arkansas. He caught one pass for 14 yards in two preseason games. Gattis appeared in four games as a rookie with the Bears last season, registering four special teams tackles after being signed to the active roster Oct. 2. Grice-Mullen and Majors both entered the NFL this year as undrafted free agents from Hawaii and Indiana, respectively. The Bears roster now stands at 75, meaning that Chicago…
-
- 8 replies
- 2.3k views
-
-
-
Some Bye Week fun, I was thinking about the Anthony Miller draft-day trade; at first when it occurred, I thought Pace had the right idea, we would get a WR a year early with the following year's WR corps looking fairly weak (even though we got Ridley in the 4th). However, now over a year removed from that decision, did Pace pick the wrong player? DJ Chark and Mark Andrews were both available when Miller was selected. What if the Bears just stayed at #105? The best skill player selected after that slot is probably SEA TE Will Dissly, so if they picked him, they would still have their 2019 2nd rounder where guys like McLaurin, Metcalf, and Hardman were still availabl…
-
- 24 replies
- 2.3k views
-
-
https://chicago.suntimes.com/bears/2019/5/31/18647431/bears-t-j-clemmings-sign-vikings-free-agent I liked him years ago in the draft. I think he was a mid-round prospect. Obviously he's never put it all together and I have low expectations for him here but at least we have someone with more experience than Coward on board just in case. Remember Sowell is now a TE.
-
- 5 replies
- 2.3k views
-