Who's Online (See full list)
Bearstalk
Are you a diehard Chicago Bears fan? If so, you've found the spot to discuss all things Chicago Bears. Discuss the Monsters of the Midway as the Bears look to repeat their success from last season in 2026! Flaming is not allowed and all such posts will be deleted. Try to keep it clean and most importantly BEAR DOWN! #BEARS #CHICAGOBEARS #BEARDOWN
12,548 topics in this forum
-
14 Pryor S 51 Easley DT 82 Desir CB 117 Anthony Johnson DT 156 De Anthony Thomas RB 183 Vinnie Sunseri SS 191 Dontae Johnson CB I resisted my QB pick because this is the team that went with 2 QBs on the final 53 man roster. I don't think they'll make the same move this year but they already have 3 they are touting. I'm figuring Easley will be the WTF moment since he is coming of injury but Emery is going for it his way because he knows at his age this may be his only chance to do this.
-
- 4 replies
- 1.1k views
-
-
What if Donald,Gilbert,Pryor,HaHa are all gone? I think the possibility exists that there is not the run on QBs that some are predicting so that will pull stud D players we all cherish. If those 4 are gone I think the next best defensive players would be Mosely, Dennard. I would not object to those picks. Fuller, Ward, Hageman, and Truitt are a bit of a reach at 14, but I think all will be good players. Hageman seems to be the risky player of all those names. Didnt have production to back up physical numbers. I would prefer Fuller to Dennard, seems to be more instinctive to me. I think we probably trade back some spots and grab Mosely, Fuller, Ward, or Tru…
-
I know there is speculation that LB is a big need and Chicago is known for its great history of MLBs. Going through the last 5 drafts, only 3 MLBs taken round 1. Two are from Alabama, Rolando McClain and Donta Highower, and Luke Kuechly Boston College. Size wise, 6-2 265 for Hightower and 6-3 242 for Kuechly and McClain. With this history, would the risk of taking a smaller Mosely 6-3 234 (15 reps on bench) at 14? Plus he has injury history, which may be because he is almost the size of a SS. The only MLB I feel worthy out of this group is Kuechly, and he is a difference maker/probowler. I'm not saying Mosely won't be good...but, he is small and has average speed, an…
-
- 9 replies
- 1.4k views
-
-
http://www.suntimes.com/sports/football/be...-nfl-draft.html I don't even know where to begin, except to say that if Hub could find a ranking or mock draft down in the last month that has Aaron Donald ranked 40th, I will give him $1000. Ditto for one that has a RB with a top 20 ranking. As for "biting the bullet" and going offense over defense despite need, rather thatn "reaching" for the 19th best player at pick 14, I can't even.
-
- 12 replies
- 1.7k views
-
-
I like this article and the names it uses for potential players we may pick and where. http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2014/05/01/dur...round-by-round/
-
- 2 replies
- 796 views
-
-
I caught the tail end of it on the radio. Did anybody else hear this?
-
- 2 replies
- 1k views
-
-
I've tried to do a few and I don't see the trade function? Anyone want to steer me in the right direction?
-
- 8 replies
- 1.6k views
-
-
Almost every thread refers to this years draft, so my last thoughts on what's going to happen. DT and S are our two most pressings needs. We wont be drafting a QB. Emery stated QBs drafted after the 3 rd dont stay on NFL rosters very long. There is a few exceptions to this rule but since our first two picks wont be a QB , we simply wont be grabbing one. Emery will address the depth at RB and TE and dont discount a OL prospect somewhere at the end of the draft. At the first pick, he will take the best D player on the board. Whether that be Gilbert,Donald,Haha or Mosely. I have no problem with any of those names. If we trade back, Dennard,Pryor,Full…
-
- 4 replies
- 963 views
-
-
Because I have to stop. 1) Calvin Pryor, S, Louisville - Donald and HaHa are gone, making this an easy pick. **Trade down in 2nd for extra 4th and 7th** 2) Kelcey Quarles, DT, South Carolina - I'm not convinced there's much difference in the 2nd/3rd round DTs and I'm not sure the Bears do either, which is why a trade down makes sense. Guys have a history of either underachieving (McCullers), injury (Easley), weight (Sutton) or something. The Bears take a healthy guy who big question mark is "How much better did Clowney make him look?" The Bears spent time with him at the combine and they love their SEC players. 3) Marqueston Huff, CB, Wyoming - This seems lik…
-
- 0 replies
- 583 views
-
-
My version of what I think we'll do in the draft and why. Next week I'll have a post about why I was wrong. Rd 1: C.J. Mosley, MLB The Bears would like to see Donald here but he's gone. Instead they grab the best MLB in the draft and setup Chicago with it's next great LB group. I know I'll hear it but with SMC running in the 4.5s, Mosley 4.6, Bostic 4.6 our LBs are everywhere and anywhere. Here's reality: Nobody on the planet believes we can count on D.J. Williams to make it through an entire season. Lance Briggs' shoulder remains an issue and he'll be playing with a harness to keep it all together. SMC is learning a new position. Bostic looked very …
-
- 5 replies
- 945 views
-
-
I think I've mentioned this in the past too. The NFL has really screwed up. Making this a prime time event may draw them extra cash but I seriously doubt it's made their fans happier. What do you guys think? I used to have a Saturday party with multiple buddies coming over, shrimp on the BBQ, ribs, beer... It was an all day affair! A real tradition to kick off the start of spring. Now the first round is being held on the ferkin' Thursday night! Idiots. Some things are best left alone.
-
- 20 replies
- 2.1k views
-
-
I'm not going off any mocks here just throwing out my ideal mock that seems plausible.... 1R- Aaron Donald- I'm kinda gravitating to the whole S first round thing, but ideally, in my book, they get the most disruptive player in the draft to pair with our shiny new DEs. 2R- Deone Bucannon- I've been a Mundy supporter, but he's not making that much so he won't hurt as quality depth. Versatile enough to play FS as well. 3R- Caraun Reid- I'm calling him as my "WTF pick". May be seen as a bit of a reach, but he looked really good at the Senior Bowl and we're interested. 4R- Stanley Jean Baptiste- Phil has talked about looking at CBs to convert to S, and I t…
-
- 1 reply
- 1k views
-
-
Timmy Jernigan Deone Bucannon Kelcy Quarles Dion Bailey Larry Webster Max Bullough Dontae Johnson
-
- 6 replies
- 1.2k views
-
-
Can the Bears wait until the 4th round to get a capable ILB this year? There seems to be a lot of names I'd be content with at that point of the draft: Shayne Skov Christian Jones Chris Borland Max Bullough Yawin Smallwood Given the depth at DT and ILB, I'm even more convinced the Bears should target HHCD or Pryor in the first round, then get their DT in the second. The third round can be a BPA situation. And I think one of the names above will be there in the fourth.
-
- 7 replies
- 1.5k views
-
-
Really loving Terrance Brooks at FS. I think Donald is the pick at 14, assuming he's there. His instincts are top notch and fast as hell. Plus he's got the boom on his tackling. These two are day 1 starters and solidify the front and back of the D. Hopefully can find a decent LB to step in
-
- 10 replies
- 1.3k views
-
-
I was listening to a radio show this morning where they talked about the concept of going for the Best Athlete Available instead of necessarily the BPA. They were speaking about the "you can't teach height/weight/speed/etc." stuff, and said that instincts could be taught through repetition. What can't be taught, however, is a 4.4 forty when a guy has maxed out at 4.65 or something like that. You might be able to shave some time here and there, but ultimately that's his speed. A draft that followed the BAA theory kind of goes with what Emery talked about last year in regards to Long. 1. Aaron Donald, DT, Pitt - He fits the concept. A DT faster than some of…
-
- 1 reply
- 738 views
-
-
Do you guys have a good estimate on when our pick (#14) will be aired on TV? I've got to work late and I'm trying to guage when I can bail to watch the pick unfold...
-
- 3 replies
- 802 views
-
-
http://www.thepostgame.com/blog/good-sport...-chuck-e-cheese Bears Lineman Kyle Long Hangs Out With Bullied Youngster At Chuck E. Cheese Monday, May 5, 2014 12:08 amWritten by: ThePostGame Staff 764 153 16 It was fitting that, during a recent trip to Chuck E. Cheese, Bears offensive lineman Kyle Long scored in the "Pro Bowl" range of a game in which you toss footballs into small holes. After all, the 25-year-old Long, who was the Bears' 2013 first-round pick, earned a trip to the Pro Bowl in his first season in the league. But Long wasn't at Chuck E. Cheese to confirm his football fitness. No, he had a much better reason to hit up the arc…
-
- 3 replies
- 839 views
-
-
I've always been a fan of the Fullback position. I love the slobber-knockers. Guys who know they will get three carries on the year, and five times as many forehead stitches. I don't know if one fits that well in Trestman's offense, but there are three stud FBs this year that would be good draft picks in the 5th or 6th. Jay Prosch - Pretty good athleticism, opens good holes, takes smart angles, understands how to get to the second level JC Copeland - Dude is a beast. Runs through walls. Blows up blockers, and I don't think we'd have to worry about the short yardage plays in near future. Trey Millard - More of a combo FB/TE/HB player, he…
-
- 2 replies
- 884 views
-
-
We are under two weeks until the 2014 draft kicks off. The long wait will soon be over. Time to be bold and make some predictions. Who do you think the Bears will draft? You can predict one pick or all 7. Here is my take: Rd1. RaShede Hageman DT- I don't think Donald will get by 12. Hageman is still learning, athletically gifted, and has size. Rd2. Deonne Buccanon S - size, speed, and a need Rd3. Pierre Desir CB- lengthy small school talent with great understanding of work ethic Rd4. Shayne Skov LB- hard nosed LB that makes plays. One yr removed from injury and getting legs back Rd5. Walt Aikens CB- loading up on small school DBs, one will emerge Rd6. De…
-
- 24 replies
- 5.4k views
-