Who's Online (See full list)
Bearstalk
Are you a diehard Chicago Bears fan? If so, you've found the spot to discuss all things Chicago Bears. Discuss the Monsters of the Midway as the Bears look to repeat their success from last season in 2026! Flaming is not allowed and all such posts will be deleted. Try to keep it clean and most importantly BEAR DOWN! #BEARS #CHICAGOBEARS #BEARDOWN
12,548 topics in this forum
-
We all keep repeating ourselves on who we would like, he is a list I dont want at 7. Both Qbs keep getting rated high because of the importance of the position, but for me, they are to risky of a pick for a team that needs a star now. Do not want either for our pick at 7. I think the two best edge rushers are going to be Fowler and Beasley, Gregory and Ray will be there at our pick and dont want anything to do with either. I think Shelton and Collins will be good players in the league but both are not a good valve at #7. We need a star in the making at 7 and dont think they fill that bill. I think Trea Wayne will also be to much of a reach at 7, but as…
-
- 8 replies
- 2.2k views
-
-
Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter Vikings are giving Greg Jennings a five-year deal. I saw this coming...Kind of a scary move esp if they can hit big on their 2 1st rounders. They still probably go with another WR in the first. This division will be tough.
-
- 14 replies
- 2.2k views
-
-
I think there IS meaning that can be taken from this game. It was a meaningful game to GB, and it was still a day that saw the beloved sitting a bunch of hurt or out players and we still took it to them. What meaning to take? 1. Lovie's defense is still best when its forcing turnovers, and that's an easy catch 2. Moose if finished. That ball hit him squarely in the hole of the top part of his 8 on his jersey. 3. Turner finally remembered what it means to dedicate the offense to running the ball 40 times. It wasn't pretty, but it was enough to get first downs, and to get the offensive line out of their funk. They weren't exactly stellar, but they …
-
- 4 replies
- 2.2k views
-
-
http://www.chicagobears.com/news/NewsStory.asp?story_id=6698 i for one support this decision
-
- 9 replies
- 2.2k views
-
-
As a Bear fan for many decades, it's hard to recognize the current process going on! A GM trying to build a team carefully. With all the free movement going on Brian Poles has been controlled with everything he does. I OTOH am so used to the quick fix approach now that I forgot about how Jim Finks built the first playoff team since 63. That took about 3 years and he had the same focus of building through the trenches, like the current GM. So I have to remind myself to wait for the process.
-
- 23 replies
- 2.2k views
-
-
But hes definately the weakest player on our defense. Consistently being matched up 1on1 and getting worked....
-
- 6 replies
- 2.2k views
-
-
I did some snooping around to see if the NFL is going to get off the ass and suspend the two DTs for Minny and found nothing other than they went to talk to the commish and a ruling was to be made. I guess the DE was cleared, only received a fine and will not be suspended for the late hits. Does anyone know if they when this is suppose to be decided? They were talking during the game that Deuce M might be suspended before this coming week 13 games. This leads me to believe there is still hope we will face Minny without the Williams duo, which would certainly make life easier for us.
-
- 9 replies
- 2.2k views
-
-
He has stepped up and is definately our #3 now. http://www.suntimes.com/sports/football/be...-bear10.article Peace
-
- 6 replies
- 2.2k views
-
-
My new son was born today at 8:02am CST, 8 lbs 9 oz and 21.25 inches long. Mom and he are doing great, 10 fingers, 10 toes, and 3 legs.
-
- 13 replies
- 2.2k views
-
-
Profootballtalk.com listed what they have projected for team's cap numbers: http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/02/11/...ers/#more-11223 They have the Bears listed at 104 million, meaning we're 20 million under the 124 million cap. Which sounds great, until you realize that 15 other teams have as much or more money to spend then the Bears. Twenty-five teams have at least 10 million to spend. Our capmeister LT projected we'd have 27 million to spend, and I believe that completely. But I'm guessing that many other teams are like the Bears with more money to spend. I mainly point this out because it appears to be a seller's market. ESPN has a nice list of …
-
- 7 replies
- 2.2k views
-
-
So who do you think are the biggest winners and losers? http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1213429...rs-otas/page/11
-
- 19 replies
- 2.2k views
-
-
I was thinking today that perhaps JA has already hedged his bet that Lovie wouldn't turn around this team. For a head coach who still has two years remaining he didn't go out last year and hire a DC. He didn't extend Ron Turner's contract past this season. I don't know the timing of the assistant coaches contracts but my point is that the two largest contracts besides the HC don't exist in this organization. Was that done to make firing Lovie more financially acceptable? Wouldn't it have been more logical to hire a new DC since at the time Lovie still had 3 years left on his contract? Clearly last year JA was the source of all the staff changes last year.…
-
- 6 replies
- 2.2k views
-
-
I'm curious who teams are talking to and at NFL.com they show us having spoken with 10 players (I'm sure it's much higher than that) but on that list 5 are WRs. http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000064...ayers-nfl-teams Then what traits are we looking at? Most are bigger WRs with the exception being Coleman. Devon Cajuste stood out to me because at 6'4" and 235lbs he's pretty close to what Zach Miller does for us. Reportedly Cajuste does not have the quickness needed off the line to get separation from CBs, but he has good enough speed against LBs. He'll need time to gain strength and learn blocking but he has the hands you want. He originally went to S…
-
- 5 replies
- 2.2k views
-
-
The Jets: Chris Emma @CEmma670 2m2 minutes ago Matt Forte to sign with the Jets, per @AdamSchefter. Bear fans rejoice!
-
- 15 replies
- 2.2k views
-
-
Kinda forgot about this guy, but the talent is there. From the looks of it he has a very poor work ethic and that is what kept him out of the league last year. Bears WR coach Curtis Johnson seems like a guy who might be able to get the best out of him because he won't put up with his BS. Maybe the year off will be the kick in the ass he needs and he'll come back hungry and willing to put his talent to good use. In his 2nd to last year he had 971 yards and in his last year he had 8 TDs, so again, there is some talent there, all that remains to be seen is if he is willing to use it.
-
- 12 replies
- 2.2k views
-
-
http://www.suntimes.com/sports/football/be...nsive-line.html ...The OL is OK. As a result, I have my very first avatar... Seriously WTF? These assholes better be lying. I get the continuity thing with getting another year to gell. I get the Martz thing and the schemes he ran. What I don't get is false start after false start, then a hold, then a whiff out of JaMarcus Webb. Our staff seems to get a boner for someone every few years for someone that doesn't belong on the field. Hopefully, it's just a smokescreen and I'm crying like a little baby for nothing. Of course that's what I said in 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008 and 2007. (look it up)
-
- 16 replies
- 2.2k views
-
-
Passing on a rumor from a friend of a friend who has contacts in the Rams from office. The Bears apparently called them offering Greg Olsen and the Bears third rounder for the Rams second rounder and a mid to late 2011 pick. The Rams turned it down, but agreed to talk more on draft day. Apparently the Rams would like a TE, and want to see what is avaiable when they pick at the open of the second round. If the guy they like is gone, they may talk more with the Bears.
-
- 9 replies
- 2.2k views
-
-
I have a frined that went to Wheaton that swears this guy will end up being a darn good LB in the NFL. Seems like a decent enough prospect in the late rounds... Does anyone have any info or insight? http://condraft.com/database/division-iii/...aker/index.html
-
- 2 replies
- 2.2k views
-
-
How far would you be willing to trade up for the right talent? Suppose the top of the draft goes QB crazy. Four of the top five teams need a QB. The Rams like their QB, their coach has a relationship with a stud player’s Dad (Bruce/Jake Matthews), and they need playmakers. Atlanta sits at pick 6, and one of their team needs is DL. 1. HOU – Bridgewater 2. STL – Matthews 3. JAX – Manziel 4. CLE – Bortles 5. OAK On the Value Chart, the #5 pick is 1,700 points and the #14 is 1,100 points. The Bears’ second rounder is worth 390. Given that Oakland has notoriously bad front office decisions, let’s say they’re willing to trade their first ro…
-
- 16 replies
- 2.2k views
-
-
Washington Post I don't want to start any rumors but it could be us if JA is unsure about getting Cutler. I'd love Campbell. He can dink and doink but has a laser. He hasn't been all that great in his career but in his 1st 3 years he's had 3 different coaches. That is tough.
-
- 7 replies
- 2.2k views
-