Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

TalkBears Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Who's Online (See full list)

Bearstalk

Are you a diehard Chicago Bears fan? If so, you've found the spot to discuss all things Chicago Bears. Discuss the Monsters of the Midway as the Bears look to repeat their success from last season in 2026! Flaming is not allowed and all such posts will be deleted. Try to keep it clean and most importantly BEAR DOWN! #BEARS #CHICAGOBEARS #BEARDOWN

  1. Started by jason,

    The end of an era. https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/839906660936200196 Alaska cracks the champagne and lights a cigar.

  2. I can't remember this many 1 year deals... Ever since Bennett and Bushrod I'm pretty sure every contract has been one year...

    • 7 replies
    • 1.9k views
  3. Started by Alaskan Grizzly,

    https://www.chicagobears.com/news/bears-hire-pagano-as-defensive-coordinator https://mobile.twitter.com/ChicagoBears?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author What do we think? Interesting angle.

  4. Started by madlithuanian,

    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/...da-passes-away/ Hellofa player...

  5. Started by adam,

    I know there hasn't been much reported about Kevin White lately, but after doing some digging, it looks like the team will have to do something with him by November 24th (12 days from now). At that point they will have 3 options: 1. place him on injured reserve (most likely) 2. release him (obviously not going to happen here) 3. bring him back to practice (then have up to 21 days before adding him to 53-man roster) So if White had a chance to play this year, he could come back as late as December 20th (at Minnesota), 4 months removed from surgery, and would be eligible to play as early as next week if activated (and in game shape, which is not likely). He wa…

  6. Started by jason,

    For those who pay a little more attention to it than I do, does anyone see anything wrong with the following? Cut Mike Glennon, Dead Cap: 4500000, Cap Savings: 11500000 Cut Dion Sims, Dead Cap: 333334, Cap Savings: 5999999 Cut Bobby Massie, Dead Cap: 500000, Cap Savings: 5600000 Cut Markus Wheaton, Dead Cap: 750000, Cap Savings: 5000000 Total Cap Savings from these cuts is ~$28M. Current Cap is ~$40M. Total Cap after cuts ~$68M. Is that right?

    • 17 replies
    • 1.9k views
  7. This kinda pisses me off. I can not believe the NFL would do this. Since when do they let players get a free ride. I am sory, but a 6 figure fine is nothing for players making the money these guys are, especially when they will probably get paid back under the table.

    • 7 replies
    • 1.9k views
  8. Started by DABEARSDABOMB,

    I do think if you brought in a GM like the Ravens guy (who is the top candidate in the league) and the Bears loved him and he was in with the exception that he needed to have a shot to bring in his coach, than I'd probably do it. However, when I look down the list of NFL head coaches, I only see 5 coaches better than Lovie in this league: 1. Bellicheck 2. Sean Payton 3. McCarthy 4. Tomlin 5. Reid I think anyone else and you can make an argument Lovie is better. The next list, which includes Lovie, also includes Mike Smith, the Harbaugh Brothers, Shanny (I might include him in the top group), and Rex Ryan (who I happen to hate). You could also argue for Kub…

    • 14 replies
    • 1.9k views
  9. Started by dawhizz,

    Nolan Nawrocki, Pro Football Weekly: With the versatile Branden Albert still available, it's a surprise that the Bears would pass him, especially given the multiple holes that exist on their offensive line. However, Chris Williams has great feet and athletic ability and is very smart. He should allow John Tait to move back to the ORT position that he played in Kansas City. One pitfall that could eventually sting, however, is that the Bears now have two short-armed edge protectors and have to worry about both being injured, given that Williams was removed from some draft boards for back concerns and Tait is well-aged. Williams lacks the killer instinct, tenacity and n…

  10. Started by Pixote,

    So, you want an additional challenge? I have started an additional league as a Pay League, costing 29.99 to join. You will receive a free Draft Kit and live scoring (Stattracker) which normally costs 14.99 for players in free leagues and you will also receive those benefits in the free TalkBears League, if you are playing in them, by signing up for the Pay League. This will off-set the cost of the 29.99 if you had planned on purchasing them for the free league as you would then get them for all Yahoo leagues you are signed up for. If you did not sign up for the free TalkBear Leagues, you are still welcome to sign up for this one! The live draft will be a week b…

    • 4 replies
    • 1.9k views
  11. Started by dawhizz,

    Kenny Britt is flaky. Darrius Heyward-Bey's hands and route-running are suspect. Hakeem Nicks was overweight and not in great shape when the Ravens worked him out Friday. In other words, the receivers are a suspect group, and a few of them we thought would be picked in the first round are going in the second. http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writ...20/draft/1.html Let 'em fall. The Bears will scoop 'em up...

    • 8 replies
    • 1.9k views
  12. Started by ASHKUM BEAR,

    Looking at the roster this morning. This team is in dire need of talent at S. Then at RG, CB, WR. These are first concerns IMO. S- we have Eddie Jackson, that is it. Deon Bush, Jordan, Lucas, DHC, and Kentrell Brice behind him. RG-This may have been shored up with German "the tank" Ifedi (made that up) and Cowerd. LG we have Daniel's and Corey Levin. I still would like Ifedi to challenge OT. WR-LWR is Robinson, Slot is Miller, leaving RWR to Wims. Depth Riley at slot. Patterson, Ives, and Davis as other backups. CB-Fuller locked down with Tolliver, Burns competing opposite. Skrine and Shelley NB, and J Michael. I do see other needs at RB, OT, …

    • 16 replies
    • 1.9k views
  13. Great article of Bears chances. http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/9722208...in-and-bear-it-

    • 6 replies
    • 1.9k views
  14. Started by BearFan2000,

    I was re-watching the game and got to thinking...Isn't this technically a safety? He fields the kickoff in bounds backpedals out of bound and downs the ball out of bounds? Always thought if you on your own step out of the back of the end zone it's a safety? I could be wrong if the rules are different on Kick off returns as opposed to being on offense and stepping on the end line. Probably a dumb question but curiosity. Along those lines the kickoff pictured here is the one following the roughing which honestly that's a worthless penalty to simply kick it off 15 yards further up field. Unless you have a kicker who struggles with distance it's going to be a touchb…

    • 6 replies
    • 1.9k views
  15. Started by adam,

    4. Chicago Bears: DeShone Kizer, QB, Notre Dame 37. Chicago Bears: Ryan Ramczyk, OT, Wisconsin 68. Chicago Bears: Courtland Sutton, WR, SMU What do you think? I don't know about a WR that high with the needs in the secondary.

    • 7 replies
    • 1.9k views
  16. Started by nfoligno,

    Just saw where Peppers was tagged. What I would love to see explained is, how this was done w/in the cap. All reports previously had Carolina w/ $10m in cap space, and yet they somehow signed Gross to a massive deal AND tagged Peppers, which will count a bit under $17m against the cap. I have no idea how they were able to do this. The only thing I can think of is, maybe this is a time of the year teams are allowed to be over the cap, which I suppose would allow them to get this done. If that is in fact the case, it only further points to Carolina trading Peppers, as at some point, they would have to be under the cap, and would likely have to make massive moves to…

    • 8 replies
    • 1.9k views
  17. Biggest needs for Bears: WR FS DE We choose a DT......I would have liked Johnson DE GA Tech.....I hope a WR is left at 99.

  18. Started by Wesson44,

    This was posted on the Bear website. I ask do the opportunities that Rideau and Aromashodu are getting translate into them pushing for jobs? They are both tall 6'3 and 6'4 and would make great targets for Cutler to throw to. As far as speed Brandon is slower than Devin(not Hester)but they seem to be faster than Davis. So they question here is would these two be good fits for a roster than looks like this. Hester, Bennett, Ridaeu,Aromashodu, Knox, Iglesias.IMHO I would take my chances and let Davis go and work with three speed guys Devin H, Devin A and Knox and use Bennett, Ridaeu, Iglesias as the move the chairs type WR'S Who do you think will have the best chance o…

    • 7 replies
    • 1.9k views
  19. Started by Ed Hochuli 3:16,

    RT @RapSheet: CB Captain Munnerlyn getting interest from #Browns, #Dolphins, #Bears, #Chargers. Lot of good CB depth out there... I've seen him play quite a bit. He'd be a decent pick-up.

    • 14 replies
    • 1.9k views
  20. Started by Connorbear,

    Signed by the Jags for 6 yrs, 30 million with a 10 million signing bonus. Fairly comparable to the Bears offer to Berrian for 5 yrs 25 million with a 8 million signing bonus. I think Minny is going to offer probably 5 yrs 30 million with a 12 million signing bonus and he will sign on the dotted line. Free agent WRs left that interest me: Bryan Johnson (meeting soon - hopefully we sign him) Reche Caldwell Drew Carter DJ Hackett Jabar Gaffney Keary Colbert Marty Booker Robert Ferguson (if we are desperate) Javon Walker (is he a drillrod; can he stay healthy?) I am really hoping we can sign Johnson. I saw that Wilford signed a 13 million de…

    • 4 replies
    • 1.9k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.