Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

TalkBears Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Who's Online (See full list)

Bearstalk

Are you a diehard Chicago Bears fan? If so, you've found the spot to discuss all things Chicago Bears. Discuss the Monsters of the Midway as the Bears look to repeat their success from last season in 2026! Flaming is not allowed and all such posts will be deleted. Try to keep it clean and most importantly BEAR DOWN! #BEARS #CHICAGOBEARS #BEARDOWN

  1. Started by GakMan23,

    Bears | Team signs Pakulak Tue, 29 Jan 2008 13:11:27 -0800 Brad Biggs, of the Chicago Sun-Times, reports the Chicago Bears signed P Glenn Pakulak (Titans) to a futures contract. Terms of the deal were not disclosed.

  2. Started by madlithuanian,

    http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/sportsnation...1&listId=86 C'mon guys! I'm more than OK with the Bulls up there as they should...but no way the freakin' '72 Fishes are better! (BEARS vs BULLS - "To pit 2 such mighty forces agasint one another would be a travesty to man...") Get out and get your vote on!

  3. Started by GakMan23,

    Booker back to the Bears? By Vaughn McClure, 5:18 p.m. The Bears have been contacted about re-signing receiver Marty Booker, an NFL source said Tuesday. Booker, cut by the Miami Dolphins, has drawn interest from a number of teams. The Bears were not among the initial group which contacted Booker within 24 hours of his release, but Booker reportedly has made it clear that his first preference would be a return to Chicago. Booker was a third-round draft pick of the Bears in 1999 but was traded to the Dolphins in 2004 for defensive end Adewale Ogunleye and a third-round pick (linebacker Channing Crowder). Booker, who turns 32 on July 31, probably has a…

  4. Started by Alaskan Grizzly,

    Why not?? The Bears need someone to take over for Briggs. The only problem being that he would have to change his number.

  5. Started by GWolfe25,

    Jonathan Vilma according to ESPN and many other sources was given permission to seek a trade to anyone besides the Patriots. I for one am a huge fan of Vilma and thinks he would be amazing alongside Urlacher. Although you would be moving him from his MLB position to an OLB position but with his skill and youth I really think he would still shine in Chicago. Do you think there is any interest from the organization and what do you think it would take to get him? Jonathan Vilma Can Fly Away

  6. Started by adam,

    I thought it would be a good idea to start a FA Tracker thread with the period opening tomorrow (or actually 11pm tonight). Here is one of many Trackers: http://proxy.espn.go.com/nfl/fa?bcsi_scan_...F/1kQEAAAAGMHAB

    • 8 replies
    • 2.6k views
  7. Started by GakMan23,

    Rams | Team releases Bruce Thu, 28 Feb 2008 14:32:27 -0800 Jim Thomas, of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, reports the St. Louis Rams cut WR Isaac Bruce Thursday, Feb. 28. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Sign him to a 2 or 3 year deal and focus on addressing the position in the draft either this year or next with him to help guide the rookie thru the ropes of adjusting to the speed of the NFL?

    • 8 replies
    • 2.7k views
  8. If Tommy Kelly can get $50 million over 7 years, what will Tommie Harris command? Kelly is now the highest paid DT. http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AgXL...p&type=lgns

  9. Started by ostrogoth,

    Free agent Bernard Berrian is reportedly en route to Oakland. The Vikings couldn't get him signed immediately, not that they're entirely out of the running. Berrian is the deep threat big-armed JaMarcus Russell needs and Al Davis has tons of cap room, even after the Tommy Kelly signing.

  10. Started by Ed Hochuli 3:16,

    • 8 replies
    • 2.2k views
  11. Guest TerraTor
    Started by Guest TerraTor,

    Just for the hell of it...

    • 8 replies
    • 2.2k views
  12. Started by Mongo3451,

    Is this a slip up? I can see a FA asking, "who's throwin' the rock?" Hmmm...

    • 8 replies
    • 2.8k views
  13. Started by dawhizz,

    Someone did an interesting poll with profiles for quarterbacks where you had to pick one blind. I thought it might be interesting with this batch of profiles I found. I'll post the answers sometime later: Prospect A: Sees the field well and plays with an aggressive mentality. Has a gunslinger mentality, a strong arm and a quick release. Throws with touch. Is accurate. Will throw before his receiver breaks and can hit receivers in stride. Does not lock on to receivers. Has pocket presence and poise. Is no more than decent athletically. Has played predominantly in shotgun formations and will have to learn dropback skills. Prospect B: Four-year starter who is a na…

    • 8 replies
    • 2.6k views
  14. Guest TerraTor
    Started by Guest TerraTor,

    1. Deangelo Hall - Is it me or is this guy a total wash? He has called out so many recievers and they destroy him. Not to mention ive never seen him do anything worthy of the praise he gets (kinda like a RB i know in Chicago). I honestly would take Vasher or Tillman over him any day of the week. 2. Chad Johnson - I really think we should look into a trade. I think (as much as i wouldnt like it) doing this would warrant the drafting of an OT at #14. Even still, id love to have a huge recieving threat and then have Mendenhall in the backfield. 3. Matt Ryan - I wish for once they would show the virginia Tech game and FSU games where he looks absolutely terrible. …

    • 8 replies
    • 2.5k views
  15. Started by McGowan,

    I have a mock draft that I think would be great for the Bears: 1) Chris Williams OT/Vanderbilt We have to get an OL in the first. If Clady and Williams are gone you trade down and take Otah/Cherilus 2) Earl Doucet WR/LSU or Mario Manningham WR/Michigan I think we go with either of these guys in the second. WR is a need for this team. Manningham showed how fast he really is at his pro day. He screwed up at the combine. 3a) Roy Scheuning G/Oregon State Again adding depth to the OL. 3b) Kevin Smith RB/Central Florida Don't ask me why, but I really like this guy. He almost broke Barry Sanders' single season rushing record, even though he played at a small s…

    • 8 replies
    • 3.1k views
  16. Read this article on Chicago Sun Times with regards article is there any likelihood of bears matching offer and would the 2nd round pick be this year or next The Bears have two RFA’s who have yet to sign their tenders. Safety Brandon McGowan will probably do so soon. He received the mid-level tender for $1.417 million that would require a team to send the Bears a second-round draft pick if it signed McGowan to an offer sheet and the Bears declined to match it.Quite simply, that’s not going to happen. McGowan figures to be in the mix for a starting job after improving at the end of last season. A lot at safety will depend on what happens with Mike Brown, who’s coming…

  17. Started by GakMan23,

    Bears | Angelo meets with K. Smith Fri, 11 Apr 2008 15:41:09 -0700 Brad Biggs, of the Chicago Sun-Times, reports Chicago Bears general manager Jerry Angelo recently met with Central Florida RB Kevin Smith.

    • 8 replies
    • 2.6k views
  18. Started by Grouchy Bear,

    It's been awhile! I had to take some time off from any kind of Bearstalk. I was so frustrated with Bears management and CO. last year that I had to recharge my batteries. I missed some members, especially the old guards of BearsTalk. I hope they are still here and active in this forum. I do have some reservations on this up comming season. We all know that they need quality starting players on offense and a couple on defense. But their coaching staff is in need of repair also. Can you remember any olinemen that was drafted and has become a good consistant starter ? I can't ? How about QB's ,Wr's, and rb's ? We do have a shot at TE if they don't have him put on x…

  19. Started by Grouchy Bear,

    If someone can walk me through Id appreciate it and so will you

  20. Started by adam,

    I was thinking we can do a Talkbears consensus pick for each selection up until the Bears pick. No trades, etc. I will then remove the selected player and make another poll until we get to 14 (hopefully before the real draft). If it goes quick, we can go beyond and have two mocks to compare on draft day. The minimum will be 20 total votes or 10 votes for one player to move on. I am curious to see how this plays out.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.