Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

TalkBears Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bearstalk

Are you a diehard Chicago Bears fan? If so, you've found the spot to discuss all things Chicago Bears. Discuss the Monsters of the Midway as the Bears look to repeat their success from last season in 2026! Flaming is not allowed and all such posts will be deleted. Try to keep it clean and most importantly BEAR DOWN! #BEARS #CHICAGOBEARS #BEARDOWN

  1. Cutler has officially announced his retirement. He'll focus on his new reality show and I presume persue his career calling football games on Fox. I actually really look forward to hearing him call games. I think he's going to do a fantastic job. Was really bummed when he signed with Miami last year (right before he was going to call one of our preseason games).

    • 3 replies
    • 1.1k views
  2. Our effective rookie salary pool is about 3.1M which means we are just under 8M in available cap space to use on FA (or resigning existing players). That is more money than I thought. I presume we will keep some in reserve for in-season need signings (as long as use some of the space on future extensions) but I also am guessing when vets get cut we will be in a pretty good position.

    • 3 replies
    • 1.1k views
  3. Started by adam,

    Offense: Plays from scrimmage - 71 (3rd) Yards - 402 (5th) Yards/Play - 5.7 (6th) 1st/G - 25 (2nd) 3rd Down Made - 11 (1st) 3rd Down % - 65% (1st) 4th Down Made - 2 (1st) TOP - 31:52 (10th) Rush Att - 33 (5th) Rushing Yards - 189 (1st) YPC - 5.7 (1st) Defense: Yards - 322 (6th) So by the numbers, it really wasn't a bad game. The goal line turnover on downs was the turning point for me. The Packers just had a 10 minute drive for a TD, and then we drive down 78 yards in 3 minutes looking to tie the game and we don't score. We were so good on the ground that it is hard to believe we would pass 3 consecutive times from the 2. For next…

  4. Started by jason,

    Interested. http://walterfootball.com/ProspectMeetings/ByTeam Always interesting to see who the team meets with.

  5. Started by Ed Hochuli 3:16,

    -Said he would do some things differently in Denver, like talking to Bowlen more in depth. Said he thinks Denver would also do a lot differently. -Said he knows there's going to be pressure. -Said he's happy for Eli on his new payday and gave a "I'm going to get mine too" laugh. There might be a longer version on the night edition of SC but I'm not sure.

    • 1 reply
    • 1.1k views
  6. Started by bowlingtwig,

    What else does Marinelli have up his sleeves. http://www.chicagobears.com/news/NewsStory.asp?story_id=6121

    • 1 reply
    • 1.1k views
  7. Started by ChileBear,

    Wow, Cohen moves and jukes like my fav, Sayers. Pace got a gem, like Papa Bear did. I really missed this type of football. Loved it in 64-65, adore it now.

    • 7 replies
    • 1.1k views
  8. Started by Stinger226,

    As far as comparing the teams, take a look DBs; I think we have talent with AJAK, Fuller and Johnson LBs; Devin White and Smith are very similar and Levonta David is better than Trevathan but its not a great difference as you think. Edge; Would you rather have Barrett and JPP or Mack and Quinn ? If you take this year away, I would say at least a tie if not in our favor. IDL; Vea and Suh or Goldman and Hicks, that's in our favor. WR; Clearly TB but Robinson is almost even with Evans OL; Clearly Wirfs is a star in the making. but Jensen and Marpet are the equal with Daniels and Whitehair We need OTs RB; With Cohen healthy and Montg…

    • 7 replies
    • 1.1k views
  9. Started by Stinger226,

    Exhibit 1 https://www.facebook.com/share/r/1MfG8jFpHz/

    • 16 replies
    • 1.1k views
  10. Started by Ed Hochuli 3:16,

    Now I want to start this by saying the team still could technically win a championship this year, but losing 4 of the last 5 is no way of gaining momentum to achieve such an accomplishment. 2012 offseason: TRADE: Marshall RE-SIGN: Jennings, Idonije EXTENSIONS: Briggs, Forte SIGN: Costanzo, Weems, Bush, Campbell, Rachal, Hayes, Wilhite, Hayden DRAFT: McClellin, Jeffery, Hardin, Rodriguez, Frey, McCoy I realize it's extremely tough to criticize a draft 8 months after it takes place, but their draft has the potential to go down as horrible. Rodriguez is too small to play TE and so he plays out of position at FB. At the moment, Conte and Wright are soli…

  11. Started by GakMan23,

    Kelvin Hayden has been resigned per the score

    • 7 replies
    • 1.1k views
  12. Started by selection7,

    The two stingiest teams in the NFL are the Bears and the Packers (146 points allowed for both teams). Granted, defensive scores can factor in, but what the hell?! I knew we were doing well but this surprised me...especially to find that the two top Ds are both in our division. The blank we put on the Dolphins helped I'm sure. http://www.nfl.com/standings Of course only a few years ago we used to allow closer to 10 ppg rather than 14.6, but it's still impressive even if our schedule does get tougher from here on.

  13. Started by Pixote,

    I found this article on Tarik Cohen that I really enjoyed. Where Did Human Joystick and Bears Difference-Maker Tarik Cohen Come From? You may want to check it out.

  14. Started by balta1701-A,

    Link

  15. Started by scs787,

    Didn't know where to put this but I reckon it doesn't hurt to start a new thread... Biggsy was responding to some tweets about draft needs and here's a couple that stood out.... Brad Biggs ‏@BradBiggs 2 Jan @MB10_10 I think there are greater needs, specifically interior O-line and backup TE Brad Biggs ‏@BradBiggs 2 Jan @ChadBudd88 G and backup TE make more sense to me. No need for a developmental QB right now with QB on a 7 yr deal. Not pressing need anyway First tweet merely said interior O-line, not singling out OC, then the next one says straight up G as a draft need, didn't even add the word backup. I didn't hear the presser…

  16. Started by fudgeripple2000,

    http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7677375/...lions-cap-space If this is accurate and the Redskins are penalized with the removal of 36 million in cap space. I don't see how they can sign Jackson. Granted they can split this penalty into two seasons, but I don't see the benefit of backloading this penalty with so much lost with RGIII trade. This will give new found leverage to the bears in signing jackson. If he wants to win and make good money the bears are a logical fit. If he wants to be a rich loser then he should just sign in Tampa.

    • 3 replies
    • 1.1k views
  17. Started by Wesson44,

    January 6, 2009 BY CAROL SLEZAK cslezak@suntimes.com Now that general manager Jerry Angelo has established quarterback as the Bears' highest priority, I'm thinking about Michael Vick. He's scheduled to be released from prison July 20, and he has made it clear he wants to resume his football career. He's an intriguing possibility for a team in search of quarterback help. I wonder if this town could forgive his crimes. Before his hidden life became public knowledge, Vick was the most exciting player in the NFL and one of its most popular players, as well. The former No. 1 overall pick is a three-time Pro Bowl selection and took the Falcons to the playoffs twice. …

    • 2 replies
    • 1.1k views
  18. Started by bradjock,

    From Atlanta Cleveland gets 2 firsts, 1 2nd, and 2 4ths for Julio Jones. That's nuts for a guy who has drops.

    • 3 replies
    • 1.1k views
  19. Started by Controlled Chaos,

    Thought some of you would find this amusing. This ball sells for about $80 normally, but with good ol Rexy's signature on it, it only sells for $20. Wilson Official NFL Football - The Duke $19.99 +SH Alright so I found this ball that normally sells on amazon for $79 [amazon.com] for $20 here [steinersports.com] the only downside is that Rex Grossman signed it so you will have to do a little work to clean it off or play with as is but it might make you throw more interceptions then you normally do. Flate rate shipping of $8.99 no matter how many you buy. Product Details The Chicago Bears selected quarterback Rex Grossman during the first roun…

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.