Who's Online (See full list)
Bearstalk
Are you a diehard Chicago Bears fan? If so, you've found the spot to discuss all things Chicago Bears. Discuss the Monsters of the Midway as the Bears look to repeat their success from last season in 2026! Flaming is not allowed and all such posts will be deleted. Try to keep it clean and most importantly BEAR DOWN! #BEARS #CHICAGOBEARS #BEARDOWN
12,548 topics in this forum
-
I heard him on 720 after the game and he said that he has a source that says Fox has more control in the organization than Pace. All the hosts were in agreement that Fox should go if that is the case. This is essentially the same thing Bernstein has been saying on the SCORE for a while. Thoughts? Peace
-
- 3 replies
- 1.4k views
-
-
This season is now all about figuring out what our young players can do and who fits into the future. Deon Bush has been out there the last couple games and now Braverman is reportedly about to get called up to the 53-man roster. You can certainly expect Hall to get back out there as soon as he's healthy. I wouldn't mind taking Porter off the field because he's no longer hustling. Kwiatkoski looked good on short yardage plays making a couple good stops. Above all, I was curious who caught that touchdown in the first quarter. This guy is an athletic TE, very similar to Miller in ability, and it's worth keeping an eye on him the rest of the season. http…
-
- 3 replies
- 1.4k views
-
-
-
Hroniss Grasu was thought to be our future at center. He was, to the best of my knowledge, never thought of as a G/C, just a Center. However, once injured Cody Whitehair took over, a player supposedly a OG that was converted to center and has done exceptionally well. So what happens next year? Do we try to convert Grasu to a OG? I do not think he has the size to succeed there. Does Grasu return to OC and Cody Whitehair return to OG? I am kind of curious how this plays out. I actually think I would keep Whitehair at OC. However, I am not sure where that puts Grasu.
-
- 3 replies
- 1.5k views
-
-
http://www.chicagobears.com/news/article-1...a6-53aecf7c37c1 Wilson is out again; I think this is it for him with the Bears. Also notable, Royal is out for the next game too. Like Royal, I say let him go.
-
- 3 replies
- 1.1k views
-
-
Why is he still on the team? Holding on the 3- yard line at the end of the game (just like he did against Indy). He needs to go. Peace
-
- 3 replies
- 1.1k views
-
-
1. How much faith do you put into the overall rankings of the fanspeak player lists? 2. Is there one list you prefer/trust over another? I only ask because I did one mock with the fanspeak rankings, and got some ridiculous values. I didn't even think it was worth sharing because it was so crazy. Also because the QB need has me thinking the Bears might reach, because the guys available aren't the best, and will likely have a run in the late first, early second. I could see Cleveland stealing a QB at the beginning of the second round that we'll be waiting on to drop. The most recent one I did I'm pretty happy with: 4: R1P4-DL JONATHAN ALLEN-ALABAMA (Best po…
-
- 3 replies
- 1.4k views
-
-
Off to Texas... http://chicago.suntimes.com/sports/bears-l...ayton-to-texas/
-
- 3 replies
- 1.2k views
-
-
Pretty impressive http://www.chicagobears.com/news/article-1...2f-03827eaf1319
-
- 3 replies
- 904 views
-
-
There was an article on CSNChicago.com about the Bears that I found interesting. It gave team stats in some offensive and defensive areas for the Bears compared to teams which made the playoffs this year. I was actually surprised by the info provided and encouraged in that if we could rank that favorably with the 2016 playoff teams with 19 players on IR, what could we accomplish in 2017 with a healthy roster and key additions made this opffseason in FA and the draft? It is a long offseason.
-
- 3 replies
- 1.2k views
-
-
From WalterFootball.com I found this interesting rumor regarding the Jets... http://www.walterfootball.com/seniorbowl2017rumors2.php "These sources also said that quarterback Christian Hackenberg developed well behind the scenes as a rookie. .... This analyst wouldn't be surprised if the Jets went the veteran quarterback route to compete and see how their young quarterbacks improve in 2017." ------------------------ People wonder why a team would trade for Cutler? His current contract is not cheap but it is far more GM friendly vs. making a much more expensive mistake like Houston did with Osweiller. If you think your draftee from last year migh…
-
- 3 replies
- 1k views
-
-
Bears in 4th. Surprisingly Vikings were in last with only 287 rookie snaps. Source: https://twitter.com/billbarnwell/status/825967715273887744
-
- 3 replies
- 886 views
-
-
Last year is a blue print of what Pace does in FAgency. His first year he hadnt evaluationed the team yet and still had the previous regimes scouts in place. Last year he was in full control. Trevathan 4 years 24.5 Freeman 3 year 12 Hicks 2 year 10 Sitton 3 year 21 Massie 3 year 18 Freeman and Sitton are 30 years old but were upscale players, the rest are young and ascending. So I think this is what he will continue to do. Probably will get two higher end players. People in this category are : 8- 12 mil. Jefferson/SS Bouye/CB Gilmore/CB Trumine Johnson/CB Campbell/DE Okrung/OT I also think we gr…
-
- 3 replies
- 1.2k views
-
-
He was released and appears to be an absolute locker room treasure. And that's on top of being a damn fine fit for the 3-4. His stats drop off is directly related to the move to a 4-3. He could be a great mid-range guy. Of course, OLB is about the last position of need, so there is that.
-
- 3 replies
- 1.1k views
-
-
After some of the initial signings came in, it was clear that the Bears had a hard stance on overpaying and were not going to budge on value, regardless of the player or need. I assumed we would pay whatever it took to bring in some of the top FA's, but after each signing, it was clear what that the Bears were not going to give out long term deals that would hurt the club in the long-term. We are currently in full rebuild mode. Any free agent now is just a gap filler as we replenish through the draft, but we have to understand we are still 2-3 years away from competing realistically. I think we will always be competitive, but I am not expecting much more than a 5-win seas…
-
- 3 replies
- 1.3k views
-
-
Pace must be on Sprint, because he is seriously whiffing or not even attempting any of these signings. I guess we are happy with our OLine.
-
- 3 replies
- 972 views
-
-
I found this short article interesting on ESPN.com. I am like most of you, a little nervous about the signing but trying to think positive. I think attitude and intangibles can be extremely important to the success of a player. This excerpt from the article mentioned is what I found encouraging:
-
- 3 replies
- 1.1k views
-
-
My son goes to Central High School here is Omaha, where Gale Sayers went.. They have his letter sweater in the display case..Thought some here might get a kick out of seeing..
-
- 3 replies
- 1k views
-
-
Film review by Tom Thayer. I for one am stoked about Sims' potential. Saw some other highlight films and thought this guy is a good catch. I love how he catches with his hands and he's big and strong (no, I don't have a man crush).
-
- 3 replies
- 1.1k views
-
-
If ever there was a guy who is mentally prepared to handle a big media market it is Kizer. Very well spoken answered all questions with class and his answer about Brian Kelley's comments about him staying in school was"Its true I did have 2 more years and I do have room to grow and at 21 years old I am young". " Trying to be a starter in the league against guys like Tom Brady and Aaron Rodgers who have been pros since I've been playing football tells me I have room to grow". The last Notre Dame player I really wanted the Bears to draft was Chris Zorich who said he would pay to play for the Bears. I have been a Mahomes guy all along but, I liked how Kizer handled himself w…
-
- 3 replies
- 1.4k views
-