Who's Online (See full list)
Bearstalk
Are you a diehard Chicago Bears fan? If so, you've found the spot to discuss all things Chicago Bears. Discuss the Monsters of the Midway as the Bears look to repeat their success from last season in 2026! Flaming is not allowed and all such posts will be deleted. Try to keep it clean and most importantly BEAR DOWN! #BEARS #CHICAGOBEARS #BEARDOWN
12,548 topics in this forum
-
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000064...for-2016-season I think this is good for the game and will change the game. It is common to get a chop block on the outside when a team wants a quick WR screen or inside slant. This should increase chances of getting to the QB too because OTs who get beat to the edge can't dive out there to take out the legs of the DE or LB. I expect some linemen will struggle with this and some RBs who like to dive into the knees of oncoming defenders instead of squarely taking on the player.
-
- 3 replies
- 1.1k views
-
-
Oh great spirits of Papa Bear and Sweeteness, please talk to the big guy up there! https://www.sportsmockery.com/chicago-bears/chicago-bears-rumors/wild-rumor-reignites-idea-chicago-bears-may-soon-have-new-owner/
-
- 6 replies
- 1.1k views
-
-
Every year, Mike Mayock releases his top 5 lists of the top 5 prospects at each position. This year, he has interesting ones, like Barrett Jones as the #3 C, behind Schwenke and Frederick. http://m.nfl.com/news/0ap1000000139744/
-
- 4 replies
- 1.1k views
-
-
Cap Room right now: ~ 4 million Cuts: [7.32 million] Devin Hester [1.85] Kellen Davis [2.4] Matt Spaeth [1.02] Roberto Garza [2.05] Restructures: [8.3 million] WR Brandon Marshall [4.3 million saved] Original Deal: 2 year 18.6 million New Deal: 3 years 37.4 million/26 guaranteed Total Contract: 5 years 56 million/26 guaranteed Year 1 Original Deal [2013]: 2 million salary/3 million guaranteed [5] Year 2 Original Deal [2014]: 5 million salary/6 million guaranteed [11] Year 3: 6 million salary/ 8 million guaranteed [14] Year 4: 7 million salary/ 7 million guaranteed [14] Year 5: 8 million salary/ 4 million guaranteed [12] …
-
- 4 replies
- 1.1k views
-
-
Since were taking player projects that are athletic, I see Denard Robinson in our future, probably 5th round.
-
- 5 replies
- 1.1k views
-
-
If the Bears miss out on the top 5 (Lawrence, Wilson, Fields, Lance, Jones), here are the next 5 in the QB top 10. Who would you take, and when? 1. (3-4th Round) Kyle Trask - 88.5 QBR, 27 games, 7386 yds, 67.9%, 9.1 Y/A, 69 TD, 15 INT, 168.5 Rating, 54 Rushing Yds, 8 TD (impressive passing numbers in just 27 games, but his immobility scares me). 2. (3-4th Round) Davis Mills - 77.4 QBR, 14 games, 3468 yds, 65.5%, 7.9 Y/A, 18 TD, 8 INT, 141.9 Rating, 86 Rushing Yds, 3 TD (I don't know why people have him rated so high, for a college QB, limited experience, a mediocre TD/INT Ratio, no rushing ability, what is the deal here?) 3. (3-4th Round) Kellen Mond - 74.9 QBR, …
-
- 4 replies
- 1.1k views
-
-
-
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/...g-an-education/ I'm not 100% that Dungy is all that, but I certainly think that this is a very good move by Smith. They are trying to better themselves. Kudos for this.
-
- 0 replies
- 1.1k views
-
-
A little surprised that they went with a new guy as apposed to just bringing up Dunn or Williams. Edwards was a backup on a talented LSU team (that featured Ego) but the scouting reports I read say he has NFL talent. Has those long 35"+ arms that I remember reading Fangio likes. Nothing to get too excited about. Probably goes down when Ratliff comes back.
-
- 2 replies
- 1.1k views
-
-
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/...g-tyrod-taylor/
-
- 4 replies
- 1.1k views
-
-
Like Brian Bear, I will continue with my mock's each week with were I see the team and there biggest needs. As of right now, this team can very easily be 3-0. The players on the field isn't the biggest flaw IMO, so far it's been coaching. Lovie and Co. are out of excuses, this regime has been in place for 4 years now and the teams concept has been figured out and they are too stubborn to make any changes. It also seems whatever needs JA addresses, Lovie and Co can't seem to find the time of day to implement the tools JA gives and those tools (players) go to waste. After week 3, positions in need of upgrade: OG - Beekman is showing promise, but Garza keeps getti…
-
- 1 reply
- 1.1k views
-
-
Just seen this and haven't verified it with another source but it kinda makes sense. https://twitter.com/clayharbs82/status/1694711611163128207?s=20
-
- 12 replies
- 1.1k views
-
-
I have a question that I've been thinking about for a few weeks. Is Chester Taylor tipping off plays? Clearly his performance hasn't been good in the second half of the season and when you compare his numbers to Forte's they are headed in opposite directions. I definitely think Taylor himself is not running well as he doesn't seem to be hitting the hole very decisively. However, he also seems to face more tacklers in the backfield than Forte does. Seeing that everyone else out there is the same why are defenses seemingly so good at keying on Taylor's runs? Is it just his hesitation, Martz' play calling, or is his alignment pre-snap giving defenders a clue whe…
-
- 2 replies
- 1.1k views
-
-
Hey guys...just thought I'd fill you in on something I heard over the weekend. I was at an officiating clinic where there were several big names in college and the NFL. Officials mostly, but there were a few director of officials and assorted leadership there as well. Aside from a bunch of great football talk, I heard the following tidbit: Just in case the labor problems continue, the NFL already has an 8 game schedule in place for the following season. Does that mean it'll happen? Not necessarily. But the way I heard it, they are preparing for the worst, and an 8 game schedule - which would start at what would normally be week 8 or 9 - is definitely a gloo…
-
- 0 replies
- 1.1k views
-
-
-
Anybody listen to the Ray Rice comments on his incident with his (now) wife. He talks about his lessons in life and about becoming a better person. He knocks out his wife on tape and drags her out of the elevator and down the hall. Here is the article refering to his press conference. http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football...ticle-1.1803771 What a douche (one of Alask's favorite words). No matter what players do on the field, we are defined by our actions in life.
-
- 2 replies
- 1.1k views
-
-
-
Has anyone got any ideas why Tommie looks such an average player. I see effort but is that enough. Pulling him from the starting lineup has had no effect at all, has i thought this move would fire him up to reproduce his playing to a probowl level or is it our scheme. Or should he be cut to release money for offensive line
-
- 1 reply
- 1.1k views
-
-
These two videos popped up on my feed today and I thought in light of the draft picks and what we've seen and heard about in our practices it was good for me to get a sense of the vision for the offense. (If these have been posted before I couldn't find them) In both videos at times they talk about how effective Goff was using his RBs as outlets which immediately reminded me of the reports of Johnson yelling at Caleb "faster, faster" when he was late on the outlet to Roschon this week. The 12 personnel video gives insight into the various strategies Johnson is using to stress defenses with 2 TEs alignments...beyond just the usual run/pass options. Colt McCo…
-
- 7 replies
- 1.1k views
-
-
Bears are signing DT Neville Gallimore 2 year 12 mil deal per sources.
-
- 17 replies
- 1.1k views
-