Everything posted by ASHKUM BEAR
-
Pick 89, Zavion Thomas, WR, LSU
They definately spread the ball around to about 6 targets. Passed 55%, ran 45%, almost split. Might be similiar to the Bears stats, they were similar split between 6 or 7 players.
-
This is Ben Johnson’s team
I think that was their thinking after Thieneman slipped to them. If he didn't slip, would the Bears have taken Lomu at LT and felt better. Roush may have been the plan all along because of his value for blocking and to help any deficiencies at LT. Watching them run 13 personal is going to be fun but will hurt having the talented WRs we have.
-
Pick 89, Zavion Thomas, WR, LSU
4.5% drop rate, shows he has pretty good hands. He has a small route tree, so hoping he is a fast learner and the Bears can broaden those limitations Watching that Miss St clip, makes me feel he was the teams focal point or Wr1 and by the looks at LSU, he was maybe wr3/gadget.
-
My way to early 2027 mock
Now that the 2026 draft has concluded and knowing the roster and contracts, this is how our 2027 draft could look going off positions more than names/players. DE and DT should be priority, but picking late again could be a problem finding the right scheme fits. The LT projects more as a G in NFL, but having a versatile player who could play LT helps. Not much S depth behind Bryant, Thieneman, and Hicks. I think they address that in FA this year but drafting longer term depth is needed.
-
More Videos
The AI commentary cracked me up. All over the place and repeating itself many times.
-
This is Ben Johnson’s team
Sam Roush at 6'7 270# will be playing a big role helping the LT. I've seen experts say that they had him in the 2nd. Now WR Thomas, I thought was a round early but who knows, Witgen who the Steelers drafted round 4 is a similiar player that I was taking round 7. Thomas has more juice and maybe the Bears have Hester 2.0 We watched those DT/DEs go later than we took them in simulators, so I feel the league told us how they feel about their readiness to see playing time this season. The Bears roster is pretty full on the dline, so they are going with those guys and will emphasize better coaching to get what they need. The Bears selections fit their needs, not ours. Believe me, I wanted a DE and DT. The kid we took in the 6th basically outperformed Woods who went in the first and you know he will be a full effort player.
-
Draft Summary
Great summary. I hope last years defensive injuries was a fluke and they do perform mid-level with everyone back.
-
#213 - Jordan van den Berg, DT, Georgia Tech
Not at all. The Bears probably had similiar grades on them and knew a first was too high for Woods. Ive noticed a lot of guys I like and target always end up going much higher. Gonna take that with me when I get into next the draft around Feb
-
News Flash, This Just In: Ryan Poles Diagnosed With Dimensia
At least we didnt draft a small school mystery player or a kicker/punter.
-
Pick 89, Zavion Thomas, WR, LSU
It will be interesting to see how Ben plans to use him. Exciting parts of the summer and fall. Plus they have Squirrel White from UDFA, same size but 4.6 forty.
-
#213 - Jordan van den Berg, DT, Georgia Tech
I just seen my message, I think my phone is drunk. Fixed it. Brought to you by busch light
-
UDFAs 2026
-
#213 - Jordan van den Berg, DT, Georgia Tech
I believe his trainor is Jarron Gilbert.
-
This is Ben Johnson’s team
I had a feeling they had to be one of the top ranked teams. Hope it turns out on Sundays.
-
This is Ben Johnson’s team
I wonder what the combined RAS is for this draft. Seems like all the guys selected were top of the chart. Last year there was some grumblings and the Bears were rated the best draft in the league. Lots of questions over Loveland, but once the training wheels were removed the guy took over games and now looked at as an all-pro talent. The defense ranked 1st in take aways, with the improved back 7, can they repeat? The D interior added speed with Galimore, Lynch, and Street to go Jarrett and Dexter. Drafting Van den Berg adds to that. I thought Sheman Turner was a 3T, but looks more like DE with the moves at the interior. He'll join Sweat, Dayo, Booker, and Hardy. We have bodies on the dline, not the blue chips we hoped for, but we can look at Thieneman and Faulks career to see if the right choice was made. Overall, the Bears added elite athletes that love football.
-
News Flash, This Just In: Ryan Poles Diagnosed With Dimensia
Cunningham is talented, but its Matt Ryans job making these football decisions...ugh. What Poles has done seems fine, we dream of our desires and the Bears take something we never imagined.
-
Day 3 prospects
Keyshaun Elliott LB - not impressed initially, seems like another missed opportunity and may as well took S Jalon Kilgore who can play anywhere LB, CB, S. He is a mike lb , good test numbers. Can rush the QB and a run thumper. Eventually takes Edward's spot.
-
Day 3 prospects
Logan Fano, Rayshaun Benny or bust!
-
Pick #25: Bears select Dylan Thieneman, S, Oregon
Thieneman and Muhammad add good back end speed. As D-lineman help the DBs by rushing throws, a great backfield pays the dline by giving them the time with great coverage. Still need to find a DT or DE, depends on Turners positionn i guess.
-
Day 3 prospects
I like Capehart a little more, but Benny was a guy I liked as a fit too. Joseph just went to Commanders. Still have Nadame Tucker, Curry, or Logan Fano from Utah. Intrigued with Patrick Payton LSU, I think he still has potential with the right coaching
-
Day 3 prospects
Bears traded up for Mohammed. Pick 129 and 144 for pick 124 and 166.
-
Day 3 prospects
He tested well at the combine and best 10 yd split. Long arms, great reads, lacks interceptions but can erase his side of the field. Reminds me of Jaylon being a guy that can erase his opponent.
-
Day 3 prospects
Malik Muhammad CB is our guy. We go D, but not the two for one picks (300 pounders linemen)
-
Day 3 prospects
Packers take Dennis -Sutton, that rips my heart out. Lions take LB Jimmy Rolder. I think our division rivals are grabbing our targets to keep them off our team.
-
Pick 89, Zavion Thomas, WR, LSU
Just read the comparisons of Zavion Thomas to Jamir Gibbs. Thomas did play RB before, so maybe he becomes our Gibbs. Put Thomas in the backfield with 12 or 13 personal and he can take a hand off, run a route and be a nightmare for opponents.