Everything posted by ASHKUM BEAR
-
Swift Extended, 3 Years, $33.75M
Swift and Monangai will be a great tandem for years. Getting this done now makes sense since the RB FA class has recently blown up with more money going that way and the 2027 cupboard had Swift at the top of best available. He is a 3 down player, can run, catch, and block well. I think Poles told BJ no on drafting a first or second Rd RB and DA gets to go all in.
-
Division news
Garrett had nagging injuries from last year and was ineffective. That game costs the Rams about 2 million in wasted salary.
-
Division news
The Superbowl favorite LA Rams took a season opening loss even with the addition of Myles Garrett and McDuffie.
-
Division news
Anyone of those 7 comeback wins out of the 11 could have changed our optimism. All I am saying is Detroit and Green Bay have every right to be as enthusiastic to be good as we do and the way they played us last year, they should be. We are always overhyped until the games are played and we see this unstoppable dream team sputtter and the board swearing begins
-
Division news
Im optimistic too but Detroit whooped our arses, GB was whooping it, and we gave JJ a comeback W. It comes down to Caleb being able to perform all 4 quarters and we havent seen much of that. He should improve but until then I will be excited but not like the GB fans.
-
Division news
If it wasn't for late game heroics, Green Bay would have defeated us 3 times. Detroit smoked us game one and a little closer game 2, but still a L. Minny was a split. I am not sure the Bears added enough to be acting as if they will win the division. It will be a fight and we may not get those late game heroics now that the NFL has studied that film
-
Week 1 Official Game Thread - CHI @ CAR, SUN 9/13, 12PM CDT, CHI -2.5 O/U 47, FOX
Ben said today the players still need to earn the start with a good week of practice. Basically he was asked about the WRs and said they will pencil them in after the week of practice. Then was asked about Braxton and he said the oline is no different, the designation is not official.
-
Matt Suhey
Yes, it has been way too long. Sunday cannot come fast enough
-
Week 1 Official Game Thread - CHI @ CAR, SUN 9/13, 12PM CDT, CHI -2.5 O/U 47, FOX
I think he will be there, but not as worried with the WR/TE depth. Why I think he will be there...he needs to establish himself as a staple in this offense or he can quickly become an afterthought with the talent eager to take his targets.
-
Week 1 Official Game Thread - CHI @ CAR, SUN 9/13, 12PM CDT, CHI -2.5 O/U 47, FOX
Monangai returned today, I was ahead of schedule last time i mentioned it. Feel better having Swift and Monangai over Roschon to get the season rolling
-
Bears Free Up Cap Space
Dennis Allen likes bigger DEs that can win strength wise on the edge. They need long arms, around 6'5 and 270#. He wants that over their ability to get to the QB. Finding that player is like finding Caleb, its a unicorn. I hope they find one next draft.
-
Matt Suhey
Too young to be gone. Rest easy Matt Suhey.
-
Bears Free Up Cap Space
Dayo now costs a little more to cut, but the Bears really like him, so hope he shows us what they see. Last years 8 games didnt show a lot, but they were learning what DA needed
-
53 man roster predictions
In case you didn't know, Terrell Smith CB signed to the practice squad with the Washington Commanders.
-
Bears Free Up Cap Space
Exactly. With talent, love for the game, and work ethic, the system can be a small part because you are already have the keys. The system and gelling still matter at positions like QB and WR, maybe oline because one mistake will kill that play. On defense, you at least have 10 more defenders to help cover a mistake.
-
Kyler Gordon Returns
I have a theory that he made a pact with himself that he would be done once he got the second contract. He watched Nate Davis do it and is following his playbook. It is my dark theory and it is sad many fans have to think about this. I hope I am wrong and he does return and plays a huge role in the Bears success. His workout videos show he rehabbing, so not sure he would be throwing hints of his progress and work to quit.
-
Bears Free Up Cap Space
And last year at the deadline, Ben Johnson told Poles he did not want the Bears trading picks for a DE. I assume it will be the same this year.
-
Bears Free Up Cap Space
They needed 7 million for normal year operations, so that much was in the works. Adding 10 million more looks like they have a transaction or extension in the works
-
Training camp thread
I am not sure what I must have heard, but not seeing that he has practiced. Maybe it was a siting at camp that was reported on the air?
-
Training camp thread
I seen Monangai returned this week as well. Need a healthy running game all year.
-
Kyler Gordon Returns
I was waiting for this thread. Fireworks and popcorn could follow. I hope his intentions are to be the best and wish he took the route the Bears wanted. But that did not happen and IG posts about going to Paris for fashion bring back a taste Bears fans haven't forgotten.
-
Practice Squad Forming
Maybe they need a top ST coach, but even having one, Dave Toub, the Bears brought in specialists like Branden Ayanbadjeo, Blake Constanzo, McManis. Even Hester was basically ST only. I know what you mean that having players be good position players goes further than buying ST only guys.
-
Practice Squad Forming
Looking at best available free agents still out there, there are some interesting names that might be calling. Poles FA splash a few years ago Larry Ogunjobi, Leonard Floyd, Adoree Jackson. We really don't have the cap available, but if there's a guy, they can get creative.
-
Practice Squad Forming
I believe the practice squad is 16 players. 17 if you have an international player. 6 of the 16 can be veterans. 2 players can be elevated each week without having to clear waivers up to 3 games, they have to remain on active roster or be waived. The practice squad rules changed in 2020.
-
53 man roster predictions
Kromah and Loving played well and earned the job. 4 TEs also, surprised but like that Strange kid. Practice squad will be interesting to see wants to remain a Bear