2014 NFL Draft Open Thread

adam

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Clownery,Nix, Watts, that is a WTF line.

DE-Houston,Young,Allen,Bass-Odonije probably gone.

DT-Ratliff,Paea,Fegurson,Sutton, Collins

This is our DLine-2014. I actually like it. Sutton goes back to playing his 2012 self, he had 13 sacks, he was the Donald of that year. We got something going on .

3rds--Young,Houston,Sutton, Allen------thats pressure with a P

DE-Houston,Young,Allen,Bass-Odonije probably gone.

DT-Ratliff,Paea,Fegurson,Sutton, Collins

This is our DLine-2014. I actually like it. Sutton goes back to playing his 2012 self, he had 13 sacks, he was the Donald of that year. We got something going on .

3rds--Young,Houston,Sutton, Allen------thats pressure with a P

Emery rebuilt the line, not as fans have it figured, but I think this will work. The weak link now is Paea, maybe it will lite a fire under his ass. This could be a really good line.

Emery rebuilt the line, not as fans have it figured, but I think this will work. The weak link now is Paea, maybe it will lite a fire under his ass. This could be a really good line.

Now grab Huff in the next round, Tripp in the 5th and then Grice/RB and Lyera/TE and I am a happy camper.

Man, you watch Sutton's 2012 tape and he looks a lot like Donald last year. Sutton bulked up from 285 to 315 last year for some reason and lost explosiveness. He says he's back down to 290 now. Excited to see what he can do.

Y'all will come around to liking Sutton. He is not Aaron Donald but I'm confident he can do exactly what Melton did to earn a Pro Bowl berth. I'm not saying he'll be a perennial Pro Bowl player but he can get to that level where he's in the discussion and maybe for a couple seasons he gets the call. I love the fact he gets to learn from Ratliff, and he will take advantage of that opportunity.

Ferguson is a young kid who doesn't yet know what he is doing. I don't hate the pick, can't say I love it either, but having two good young DTs in our rotation makes me feel much better about our dine this year. He's a coach's pick where the Bears clearly believe they can get him to reach his potential, which by most accounts is pretty high. He just landed in the right locker room to help him…Allen, Houston, Ratliff, even a guys like Willie Young and Collins who had to work their way up the roster.

I keep seeing a lot of love for Louis Nix but the comments I heard about him earlier to day by Greg Cosell of NFL films may be the reason the Bears passed on him. He stated that when he watched tape on Nix that he was on the ground too much. Mayock commented that Nix should play at 330 because he seems to get tired and loses leverage. Those types of comments and the fact he had a torn meniscus might be the reason why the Bears passed on Nix.