2014 NFL Draft Open Thread

adam

As of now, I am still on the fence with him, but he has did as many good things as he has bad and it only matters if we make the playoffs for the next few years, that is how he will be measured.

Terr has not stated he has hated it yet, so maybe there is hope.

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I liked Bushrod coming in when he did it, keeping Jennings and Tillman and I was waving the Trestman flag after he was signed. There are just more things I don't like than do right now.

Look at the positive side of all of this and let it shake out. With the FAs we brought in, I think our defense will be tons better.

Look at the positive side of all of this and let it shake out. With the FAs we brought in, I think our defense will be tons better.

I just don't think he can draft. The first year was bad. The linebackers from last year looked bad. I think they could have used a Saftey by a mile, and any of the next 5 picks would have been better for the team. It's nothing against fuller, but there are bigger needs.

I'm not talking about my choices. His first year was a complete bust outside of Jeffery. This year, the linebackers looked bad, but Long turned out great.

He let Urlacher go too early imo.

I didn't think Cutler deserved the contract this year.

Spending on 3 DE's this year, even if Houston can move inside, and so on.

I just don't like many of his decisions so far. Some I like, but the ones I don't like are outweighing the ones I do. Tucker keeping his job still boggles my mind.

This times two (bolded).

Most will blame your first line on the "Lovie influence" but how do you explain all the dissatisfaction on this year's #1?

My thought is, and will continue to be, Emery is egotistical. Thinks he's smarter than most and will do most anything to be right. Having Tillman come back after what happened to Urlacher surprised me. But maybe that was more on Tillman's character than Emery learning from his mistakes.

Not a smart pick IMO. Not with FS being a much greater need and the top two FS on the board.

I would have to say he thinks he is a better player than those two. Bad teams draft to needs, good teams(Balt) took Mosley, didnt have that for a need, but took the best player on the board.

I just don't think he can draft. The first year was bad. The linebackers from last year looked bad. I think they could have used a Saftey by a mile, and any of the next 5 picks would have been better for the team. It's nothing against fuller, but there are bigger needs.

Pryor was my guy I wanted to draft, but lets see who he gets to play S, he aint over yet.

I would have to say he thinks he is a better player than those two. Bad teams draft to needs, good teams(Balt) took Mosley, didnt have that for a need, but took the best player on the board.

They don't have a need that glaring tho. The best teams also draft well, which i'm not sure is a strength of emery.

Pryor was my guy I wanted to draft, but lets see who he gets to play S, he aint over yet.

I was wanting Haha, because I wanted a ballhawking safety like Mike Brown, but I'd been happy with Pryor. Packers got the guy I liked. That just makes it worse.

I was wanting Haha, because I wanted a ballhawking safety like Mike Brown, but I'd been happy with Pryor. Packers got the guy I liked. That just makes it worse.

Isn't Dix a suspect character guy? Hopefully he gets invited to a teen hot tub party and... No wait, that already happened.

Isn't Dix a suspect character guy? Hopefully he gets invited to a teen hot tub party and... No wait, that already happened.

Owens was a horrible character guy, but until the end of his career he made every team he played for better. He's a playmaker the defense needs, and now the Packers have.

I like what Browns have done. I really liked getting the CB. I have quietly been pushing CB over safety (in fact had MLB over safety too) and would have taken CB or Mosely over either safety, especially Ha Ha who I think is very overrated. I think in this deep corner draft we'll see Bears select another corner, who they think they can move to free safety. We got a guy who some thought was the top corner in the draft @ 14. I'll take that all day and let Tillman and company help coach him and prepare him. I hope we get another young guy to join the secondary and think it will be a third or 4th rounder that we convert. You can find good safety's late and that guy doesn't have to be a safety as you can teach a corner to be a safety and succeed (and I love the idea of having a guy that is a good cover guy at safety…clearly they have to be able to tackle too).

I like what Browns have done. I really liked getting the CB. I have quietly been pushing CB over safety (in fact had MLB over safety too) and would have taken CB or Mosely over either safety, especially Ha Ha who I think is very overrated. I think in this deep corner draft we'll see Bears select another corner, who they think they can move to free safety. We got a guy who some thought was the top corner in the draft @ 14. I'll take that all day and let Tillman and company help coach him and prepare him. I hope we get another young guy to join the secondary and think it will be a third or 4th rounder that we convert. You can find good safety's late and that guy doesn't have to be a safety as you can teach a corner to be a safety and succeed (and I love the idea of having a guy that is a good cover guy at safety…clearly they have to be able to tackle too).

Explain the difference for the high safety and a corner, its about reacting, and going to the ball, I would say he can probably do that.

I will say, I think, if a team were interested (and there may not have been a team willing), I would have moved down. Broke my heart when Donald was picked but I really excited to have a guy who could be an elite corner and having three good corners is going to be very important giving how this is a passing league and we are in a division with two teams that can throw the football.

Explain the difference for the high safety and a corner, its about reacting, and going to the ball, I would say he can probably do that.

I want to see on the rest of the draft goes, Im optimistic, but because none of this shit matters in may, lets see what Sept does for us.

Explain the difference for the high safety and a corner, its about reacting, and going to the ball, I would he can probably do that.

I absolutely think he could play safety. I think there are a ton of top corners who would be elite safety's but very few free safety's who would be above average corners. I'm not saying Fuller can't play safety but I don't think we drafted him to play safety. I think he's here to get a lot of playing time (look at our division and the wideouts we go up against and passing attacks) this year and think we'll draft a guy later who we will convert to safety (although we very well might go safety in the 2nd round too). I just think it is easier to find safety then corner and I think it is a more important position. I also wasn't overly sold on Ha Ha, although I like Pryor a lot, I think CB is more important and therefore presume JA had him as the top corner and saw a lot of value in getting him at 14 (vs. a safety).

I will say, I think, if a team were interested (and there may not have been a team willing), I would have moved down. Broke my heart when Donald was picked but I really excited to have a guy who could be an elite corner and having three good corners is going to be very important giving how this is a passing league and we are in a division with two teams that can throw the football.

He stated the reason they didnt move down was because Fuller was still there, in his press conference. I think he must like him.

He stated the reason they didnt move down was because Fuller was still there, in his press conference. I think he must like him.

Definitely sounds like he was his best player available and clearly they graded him out above corner and corner is more important. I think we all wanted safety because our safety play has been so bad but a better dline should help that out and we can still add to our secondary and find a safety.

I still like Terrence Brooks. Hope he's there when we pick. I could see Emery liking Dezmon Southward from an athletic standpoint though.

We aren't taking a safety in round 2, not without trading down, imo. Converted corner to safety. Our safety's were in zero position to succeed last year. We had the worst dine in football. No pass rush, bad linebacking play (on top of the bad dline) put our safety's in bad spots from a rushing game perspective and also hung them out to dry from a cover perspective. They played bad too but an elite safety would have struggled given the situation at LB / Dline last year. It was just brutal. I think Emery recognizes that and they know they have a few guys that might play. Plus, I don't care what anyone says, Conte was not a bad player 2 years ago. He was freakin atrocious last year and I wouldn't write him off. Unfortunately that shoulder injury was a big issue for Bears cause that might spell him in.

I like our chances at getting a good cover guy who can tackle and moving them to FS. Jimmy Ward would be nice. Love how he finds himself around the football so often.