12th in preseason power rankings

jason

well, i guess if you 'assume' it, it must be so.

you are "never an opponent of catering to a select few"? then which of your multiple personalities made the statement below?

i admire your broad minded approach as to who should or should not frequent this site. after all, i am sure nobody who is not a male over the age of 18 could possibly have anything worthwhile to contribute in discussing the chicago bears anyway.

"I" seems to be a very large portion of your vocabulary.

yup, 'love it or leave it' is always the best policy in my book.

the point is this... every person that does or 'would' contribute to this site is a plus for EVERYONE involved. it expands the knowledge of what this site is all about and why people come here.

so why limit it because you or someone else can't keep your fingers off of the F key? if you feel it is some kind of 'heat of the moment' thing and can't seem to control yourself, that is why they put an EDIT button below each individuals post.

again, i am not trying to dictate policy here but maybe the site GOD should step in and let us ALL know just what the policies for this site really are and who it IS catering to. inquiring minds want to know.

This is a Bear football blog and if you ever went to any games before, you would realize this is an extension of sports fans. All of there language is not under control. I personally pick and choose when I swear. If children or the chruch ladies are around, I watch my language, if I am amongst a bunch of guys, I havent heard people complaining. You,as I, are entitled to our opinions. If this site it to vulgar for you, I suggest you find a different site to visit. If you want to save the world I think you can use your time more wisely. Some of these arguments get real stupid, and I have been in a few. The fact is I dont support stupidity but sometimes become a participant. I dont mean to offend anyone, but I am sure I do sometimes. You make it out like the only communication on this site is out of control. That is not true, it doesnt happen very often. I am respectful to people, and if you object to everybodies language on here, voice your opinion and we will move on. It you wish to be a cross bearer, I suggest you leave this heathen place and get all the women and any children that are compromised on here and start the Disney Bear talk. If I am out of line by my speech I would like to hear it from the ones I have offended. I think we have heard your opinion on this matter a lot more than we wanted to. Or should I say I, because apparently, you think your opinion is more the majority on here.

For all I have offended, I am sorry, there was no malice to my stupid statements but for you, I dont really care to have you repeat yourself, we understand you stance. You should go try to save a drug addict or alcoholic, they need your help more than we do.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes let's.

Cool, for real, with no sarcasm. I really AM sorry I upset people, other than my intending to smack Jason over his response of course.

And I'm sure he'll come back, which is also fine with me. i don't hate him either, he barked, I barked back, I'm pretty sure the transaction is done. It is for me anyway.

The rest, we don't have to agree with, and Lucky, I do understand and somewhat respect the point you're making too. I may not be 100% on board, but I respect you too. I'm not mad at anyone here.

Because none of this has to do with football. I would never call someone names just because they thought Urlacher had some left in the tank for last year. It's an interesting debate, and people are free to disagree. It was about behavior, and in that sense I agree with you Lucky. I was sick of seeing Jason be nasty and personal in all of his comments. I was offended, for different reasons and in a different way, but also having to do with civility and mutual respect amongst posters.

My initial comment was symmetrical, I used the same word he was throwing around, but when he came back with the history lesson, I went for the rhetorical knockout. I'm a creative and colorful guy, and I definitely crossed some line when I did. On purpose of course, and I got my primary desired effect as well.

But the unintended secondary effect was the chaos it caused, and for that I am both responsible, and sorry. I realize I made some people uncomfortable, and that was not my intention. So I just want to tell you it's extremely unlikely that you'd see more of the same from me. And 100% that it surely wouldn't be over a substantive disagreement about football.

So again, to the people on all sides of this discussion, my apologies.

How about we move on and give this site some better Bears input? Realize that what you write is etched in stone, so give the WWW your best. Debate all you want and keep it friendly. Personal attacks and vulgar languange were not allowed on here before. This used to be moderated closely, and I think since this has been a classy forum, leniency was given. All I know is some great posters have moved on. I would like to see them back and see new additions. Peace

hmmmm.... the real fans. yea, tell me about the "real" fans. describe them for me so i too know the difference between the "real" fan and the fake(?) one like you obviously can. please enlighten me.

only from birth and not conception? does that make you a "real" fan or a faux fan in your estimation?

your pardon. i didn't realize i was talking to the ruler of the earth. please enlighten your subjects in great detail as to when it is correct to not be politically correct.

do i understand those who feel the "need" to use profanity? i guess that is a new concept for me to feel the "need" to use it. is it physical like a drug dependency? is it psychological and can be cured through therapy? is it a vitamin deficiency?

and being from rockford and living in great britain gives you this insight to "know the real Chicago"? explain the "real" chicago to me in great detail and how all chicagoans have developed this "need" to use profanity at all times in all situations from cradle to grave. can i assume the cause of this to be through the process of evolution? alien spores?

do i understand? yea i understand. here is a GREAT freedom of speech concept for you to do. the next time you take some small children to a *L,SC,V PG movie, stand up halfway through the film and yell FIRE as loud as you can. it's your right to do so and they would be "DISCRIMINATING" against you if they lock you up in a padded cell. you should have no problem getting released and winning that case in court. do it for us and the cause for freedom of speech.

and you know this how? you personally can determine the age and sex of every person that not only posts on this site but visits it 24 hours a day to read about the chicago bears? wow! you should join the circus (or have you?).

says the great and powerful OZ

you need to settle down beavis you'll stroke out. actually i think you may have mispoken. isn't it... children should be seen and not heard? and keep the little woman barefoot, pregnant and in the kitchen?

but in reality you may be right. what kind of a negligent parent would think their children would be safe on a sports site reading about the chicago bears?

so THAT's what a "Masters Degree" means? you graduated from the 6th grade. i'm truly impressed. i only went through the 4th grade myself but i still feel my overall comprehension level is beyond your 6th grade education do to reaching down to pull myself up by my own bootstaps and self taught lerning. so i feel like i trumped ya on that one hyuk hyuk hyuk.

"Making the world lily white is artificial...and the Bears are not artificial. And neither are the guys around here." - your quote.

well, lets see... ex·trap·o·late - to infer (an unknown) from something that is known; conjecture.

conjecture - the formation or expression of an opinion or theory without sufficient evidence for proof.

how do you know that everyone on this site is a 'guy'? are you omnipotent?

ahhhhhh finally....

the old love or leave it line of crap when you don't have the guts or brains to evaluate both sides of an argument along with the merits and detriments of either or both. you are stuck in your macho manly-man world that flew high and fast 50 + years ago.

enjoy it and tip another one for me at the pub, a toast to your "Masters Degree" and what it's really worth.

OK...this is what I wake up to.

Hmmm....

Somehow, we have gotten off on the wrong foot.

Again, you are a bright man, and if we need to play word games, best we do it on the phone etc....not here.

So, my offer stands, I have no message from you. If you choose, I can call you and we can settle this all out.

The men on this site are good people; sometimes things get a bit out of hand. I don't always like everything I read here but then I look back and what I have written and realise that hey......I am not perfect either.

I think we would get along well in person....as I would with all of the guys here.

I surely don't want you to go from here; you are a smart man.

So, I am done on this one gentleman. No more comments from me on this post.

Take care Lucky, and if you ever want to talk, PM me and I can give you a ring.

And hang around, there are a lot of good Bears fans here.

And you know what?

Next year might just be our year!

Stick around for the party!

How about we move on and give this site some better Bears input? Realize that what you write is etched in stone, so give the WWW your best. Debate all you want and keep it friendly. Personal attacks and vulgar languange were not allowed on here before. This used to be moderated closely, and I think since this has been a classy forum, leniency was given. All I know is some great posters have moved on. I would like to see them back and see new additions. Peace

I agree, I think once a ball gets rolling its hard to have it come to a stop. We just need to just keep on track with talking about the Bears and let the small talk die.

I think if health stays good for us, we are a SB contender this year. We look at this on paper and say, we could be really good, but we all know each year takes on its own story. I am a optimist and have reason to be that way. It is all not perfect, but makes me smile when thinking about what this season could mean.

If some people leave, that is sad but that gives someone else a chance to take a front seat and keep this going forward. We all just need to keep things in perspective and control what we do and not worry about the other guy and move on.