12th in preseason power rankings

jason

Not really sure of your point Alaska...

For me it's simple. I like Cutler over McCown any day. And Culer has my 100% full support.

Even in the few games Cutler performed in last year he still favored BM over most any other receiver. This despite AJ having a pretty remarkable year with a "mediocre" QB like McCown throwing to him. The line was solid and he had the same advantage that McCown did.

Now if he's able to put it alltogether and realize there are others besides Marshall able to catch maybe, just maybe his talent will show through. He's on an extended contract, going into year two with Trestman and a relatively solid oline. The excuses are few, the opportunity...plenty.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not really sure of your point Alaska...

For me it's simple. I like Cutler over McCown any day. And Culer has my 100% full support.

IMHO, McCown consistently outperformed Cutler last year. Given the same 'equipment' to work with. Regardless of each other's past.

Given he (Cutler) is now the starting QB for the beloved Bears I too shall hope he does better. I'm just not as sold.

On to the Cutler vs McCown debate! Hurray! We got a guy who is said to be a QB guru/Whisperer in charge of the offense, and we think he made the wrong choice? I woulda backed either choice knowing that Trestman more than likely had a big say in the decision. It's that simple.

And McCown got to pile up his numbers against some dreadful defenses.

On to the Cutler vs McCown debate! Hurray! We got a guy who is said to be a QB guru/Whisperer in charge of the offense, and we think he made the wrong choice? I woulda backed either choice knowing that Trestman more than likely had a big say in the decision. It's that simple.

And McCown got to pile up his numbers against some dreadful defenses.

The last thing I care to do is get into a Cutler vs. McCown debate at this point, but I don't mind pointing out some inaccuracies. McCown may have not face many world beaters on defense, but he preformed on a high level and deserves credit. Cutler's worse games were not only against bad teams, but against teams that McCown excelled against in the same game.

Cutler's four lowest QB rating games last year was against teams ranked 20th or worst against the pass. He had a bad game twice against the Lions which are 23rd, one of which McCown came in and outperformed him. The Redskins were 20th, and once again McCown came in and outdid Cutler against the same team, in the same game. Then his fourth worst game was in the blow out against the Eagles, the last ranked pass defense.

Trestman made his choice, and we will see how that goes going forward. I still must ask, why wasn't Cutler piling up numbers against those bad defenses?

Yes, Cutler hasn't gone to the next level yet. Everything is in place for him to do so.

McCown wasn't taking us to the promised land. Cutler might not. But, the odds of him doing it are better. And I believe he will. The run to the top starts this season. It may not hit the pinnacle this season, but it starts. The foundation will be laid.

I simply believe it.

:dabears

I totally agree with you. Cutler will reach his peak this year. We seen the flashers in the past but everything is in place,if it wasnt for the injuries, we would be talking on a different level right now.

On to the Cutler vs McCown debate! Hurray! We got a guy who is said to be a QB guru/Whisperer in charge of the offense, and we think he made the wrong choice? I woulda backed either choice knowing that Trestman more than likely had a big say in the decision. It's that simple. And McCown got to pile up his numbers against some dreadful defenses.

I think Kyle Orton would have put up better numbers, check that Jim Miller....but Rex is our Quarterback. :chair

Yes. In spot performance you are correct. Like myslef, it would appear Emery and Trestman felt that that small window of excellence wasn't enough to bet the farm on.

IMHO, McCown consistently outperformed Cutler last year. Given the same 'equipment' to work with. Regardless of each other's past.

Given he (Cutler) is now the starting QB for the beloved Bears I too shall hope he does better. I'm just not as sold.

The last thing I care to do is get into a Cutler vs. McCown debate at this point, but I don't mind pointing out some inaccuracies. McCown may have not face many world beaters on defense, but he preformed on a high level and deserves credit. Cutler's worse games were not only against bad teams, but against teams that McCown excelled against in the same game.

Cutler's four lowest QB rating games last year was against teams ranked 20th or worst against the pass. He had a bad game twice against the Lions which are 23rd, one of which McCown came in and outperformed him. The Redskins were 20th, and once again McCown came in and outdid Cutler against the same team, in the same game. Then his fourth worst game was in the blow out against the Eagles, the last ranked pass defense.

Trestman made his choice, and we will see how that goes going forward. I still must ask, why wasn't Cutler piling up numbers against those bad defenses?

You have to trust Trestman: http://www.talkbears.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=10108

Yeah fu-ck you. Yeah, fu©k you.

You DID edit a post of mine, you rewrote words and attributed them to me, as a power hungry admin.Outright lie. You inserted politics into a post about football. I removed the part about politics and the rest of the post remained the same. I did not insert a single word. I did not change the intent or tone of the post either. I even talked to other admins about it. In fact, I could go back to private messages I had with others about it. But keep being a pussy about it.

Crybaby? Nah, Id just kick your ass if you did it to my face.

You're a contentious and arrogant little prick.

Doubtful. But, please, talk to us about how much you bench and all the guns you own. Or how many Affliction shirts you own and all the MMA you watch.

watch-out-we-got-a-badass-over-here-meme

If admins dont like this language, lets start with the guy who initiated it.

If we're going back to the last board, it's you. Bitch.

Seriously, grow some fu-cking hair on your balls before you try to challenge me.

watch-out-we-got-a-badass-over-here-meme

And IM a Crybaby LOL

You are.

I thought of quitting the old board when you whined like a bitch. I didn't put up a fight, and even volunteered not to be an admin because I didn't want to deal with bitches like you any more. I even talked to Pix about it. It just wasn't fun at that point. I've noticed the admins on the current board either don't have time, don't care, or have changed their opinions on what should be allowed and what should not. I loved the Bears before the board, and could certainly do so after. But I stuck around. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

And with that, I'm out.

I thought of quitting the old board when you whined like a bitch. I didn't put up a fight, and even volunteered not to be an admin because I didn't want to deal with bitches like you any more. I even talked to Pix about it. It just wasn't fun at that point. I've noticed the admins on the current board either don't have time, don't care, or have changed their opinions on what should be allowed and what should not. I loved the Bears before the board, and could certainly do so after. But I stuck around. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

And with that, I'm out.

GOOD, I hope you leave.

For the RECORD, Jason is lying.

I made a post which was about FOOTBALL, and in it I made a NON PARTISAN political analogy.

Jason, as an admin decided it was inappropriate, more because of the football opinion that he disagreed with by the way.

But even still for an admin to delete a message is OK I suppose.

Instead, he DID rewrite words. And he didnt mark them to say he had rewritten them. He made them seem as if they came from my mouth.

He can say what he wants, and call me bitch all he likes, but he is lying, and I think these words apply to him more than they do to me.

Jason, you are a prick, and I suggest you get on with whatever your next topic is, because you are a pissant and I will never consider myself to be even on your low level.

You can pee all you like, but it smells like water to me, youre a child.

What an asshole.

And just so we're clear on how we got here, Jason was calling someone ELSE a dick on this board for the umpteenth time, and like a Dad at a playground, I felt it was enough.

SO I called HIM out on it, which of course is unacceptable if its HIM lol at which point HE brought up his censor bullshit, not me.

I am HAPPY to talk about the Bears. I dont need to fight, but you need a time out Jason.

You 3 of the 4 games you brought up was a game Cutler was obviously hurt, a game in which he played 2 or 3 drives, and then a game that was wrecked from the get go. Not exactly the best games to bring up.

Here's a good write up I read awhile ago and always bring up when my friends say something about it.....

1. Cutler’s first six starts came when the Bears’ offense was in a formative stage under Marc Trestman and Aaron Kromer. It was expected that the offense would grow as the season progressed and that Cutler would grow with it. Sure enough, Cutler’s two best starts statistically were in Games 5 and 6 against the Saints (128.1 passer rating) and the Giants (106.5).

McCown picked up the Bears’ offense when it was in a higher gear. His first start was in Game 8 against the Packers. His other starts came in Games 10-12. That’s a big difference in the first year of an offense.

2. Cutler faced opposing defenses in the first six weeks of the season that were fresher and closer to full strength. McCown has had the advantage of attrition — while the Bears have not had one other offensive starter miss a game this season, McCown has faced the Packers without Clay Matthews and Brad Jones; the Ravens without Haloti Ngata, Elvis Dumervil and Josh Bynes; the Rams without Cortland Finegan; and Vikings without Harrison Smith, Erin Henderson and Josh Robinson.

3. McCown has done most of his work against weaker defenses — including the Redskins (22nd in total defense), Packers (21st), Rams (19th) and Vikings (31st). He’s faced only one defense that ranks in the top 10 in total defense (the Ravens, ninth).

Cutler faced three defenses that currently rank in the top 10 — the Bengals (eighth), Saints (sixth) and Giants (10th). He also faced the Steelers, who are not the defense they’ve been, but still rank 12th in the NFL in total yards allowed.

I thought of quitting the old board when you whined like a bitch. I didn't put up a fight, and even volunteered not to be an admin because I didn't want to deal with bitches like you any more.

LOL yeah all the bitches that couldnt just accept your "authority" - isnt it obvious to anyone reading that if all these bitches were complaining about you, that maybe it's YOU?

I mean it's not like everyone reading this doesn't already know how you are. Today it's my turn to be the target of your anger issues.

For real, get over yourself.

And yes, you did rewrite my words, and apparently you don't even have the moral courage to back your own sh-it up. Dick.

I don't know the truth of all of this; however, having been on this board, except for a brief interlude, for the last 8 or so years, I can say that maybe Jason has made the right choice.

I have never seen NYC be disrespectful to anyone.

Many other members who are quite solid seem to have problems with one person.....starts with a J.

So, let's not ruin this guys, I am sure Pix and everyone have more things to do than police this forum. If we don't police ourselves, it will be gone.

And damn it, I will be really pissed if it goes!

I don't know the truth of all of this; however, having been on this board, except for a brief interlude, for the last 8 or so years, I can say that maybe Jason has made the right choice.

I have never seen NYC be disrespectful to anyone.

Many other members who are quite solid seem to have problems with one person.....starts with a J.

So, let's not ruin this guys, I am sure Pix and everyone have more things to do than police this forum. If we don't police ourselves, it will be gone.

And damn it, I will be really pissed if it goes!

I love this place. I am sorry if my fighting is causing trouble. I just had to say something, and then defend myself, but I CAN let it go.

The whistle has sounded, so I will stop blocking.

I love this place. I am sorry if my fighting is causing trouble. I just had to say something, and then defend myself, but I CAN let it go.

The whistle has sounded, so I will stop blocking.

No concerns with you NYC, I have been a lot more foolish on here than you ever have been.....no worries. From where I sit, you did the right things.

No concerns with you NYC, I have been a lot more foolish on here than you ever have been.....no worries. From where I sit, you did the right things.

Ha, in one respect it's cool to see others have similar "concerns" about our boy Jason but damn it guys, this is pretty over the top. He can certainly be a tool but his toolishness tends to get this site a lot more traffic. I mean, we're into the 6th page of BS under a thread he started, by way of example.

So, I guess all I'm saying is let's all just take a deep breath and chill. The season is months away and we're all fans. And fighting on the internet is a HUGE waste of energy. Just troll him like I do. :)

PS. I remember the censorship stuff because one of my posts in that era was "disappeared" in it's entirety. Pissed me off and I PM'ed Pix about it. He talked me off the ledge and I'm still here. Hell, I can't even remember which admin did it. I guess I'm like a good cornerback or some shit, short memory. Let's talk about something we can all agree on: The Packers SUCK! There, that ought to do it...

Ha, in one respect it's cool to see others have similar "concerns" about our boy Jason but damn it guys, this is pretty over the top. He can certainly be a tool but his toolishness tends to get this site a lot more traffic. I mean, we're into the 6th page of BS under a thread he started, by way of example.

So, I guess all I'm saying is let's all just take a deep breath and chill. The season is months away and we're all fans. And fighting on the internet is a HUGE waste of energy. Just troll him like I do. :)

PS. I remember the censorship stuff because one of my posts in that era was "disappeared" in it's entirety. Pissed me off and I PM'ed Pix about it. He talked me off the ledge and I'm still here. Hell, I can't even remember which admin did it. I guess I'm like a good cornerback or some shit, short memory. Let's talk about something we can all agree on: The Packers SUCK! There, that ought to do it...

LOL yeah the Packers suck.

For the record, Im not saying Jason should be thrown out. Im not even in favor of court mandated anger management classes LOL

As for the rest, I think I was already pretty articulate, it doesnt need to be re-said :)

The Packers suck!

For the record, with all the pains that Jason can cause he is an equal contributing member to the forum. If he leaves we'll lose one more opinion, like it or not, and that's just not right. I recall not all that long ago folks thinking Terra should go because of his short but damaging remarks. Fortunately he wasn't discouraged and didn't give up and stuck it out. Hell even SCS left and came back. So Jason should reconsider his wanting to go because if for nothing else, Cracker will have to turn his attention to someone else.

"He who fights and runs away, lives to fight another day." I don't suggest Jason "run away" just take a break.

For the record, with all the pains that Jason can cause he is an equal contributing member to the forum. If he leaves we'll lose one more opinion, like it or not, and that's just not right. I recall not all that long ago folks thinking Terra should go because of his short but damaging remarks. Fortunately he wasn't discouraged and didn't give up and stuck it out. Hell even SCS left and came back. So Jason should reconsider his wanting to go because if for nothing else, Cracker will have to turn his attention to someone else.

"He who fights and runs away, lives to fight another day." I don't suggest Jason "run away" just take a break.

Wise words from a man I admire....

Cracker will have to turn his attention to someone else.

Speaking of which, what ever happened to NFO? He and I had some classics. I respected him a little more than Jason but those were some awesome threads!

Jason shouldn't go anywhere, break or otherwise. I mostly ignor Terra and anyone here that has a problem with Jason can do the same to him. Or me. Face it, none of us are perfect.