12th in preseason power rankings

jason

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You 3 of the 4 games you brought up was a game Cutler was obviously hurt, a game in which he played 2 or 3 drives, and then a game that was wrecked from the get go. Not exactly the best games to bring up.

Here's a good write up I read awhile ago and always bring up when my friends say something about it.....

1. Cutler’s first six starts came when the Bears’ offense was in a formative stage under Marc Trestman and Aaron Kromer. It was expected that the offense would grow as the season progressed and that Cutler would grow with it. Sure enough, Cutler’s two best starts statistically were in Games 5 and 6 against the Saints (128.1 passer rating) and the Giants (106.5).

McCown picked up the Bears’ offense when it was in a higher gear. His first start was in Game 8 against the Packers. His other starts came in Games 10-12. That’s a big difference in the first year of an offense.

2. Cutler faced opposing defenses in the first six weeks of the season that were fresher and closer to full strength. McCown has had the advantage of attrition — while the Bears have not had one other offensive starter miss a game this season, McCown has faced the Packers without Clay Matthews and Brad Jones; the Ravens without Haloti Ngata, Elvis Dumervil and Josh Bynes; the Rams without Cortland Finegan; and Vikings without Harrison Smith, Erin Henderson and Josh Robinson.

3. McCown has done most of his work against weaker defenses — including the Redskins (22nd in total defense), Packers (21st), Rams (19th) and Vikings (31st). He’s faced only one defense that ranks in the top 10 in total defense (the Ravens, ninth).

Cutler faced three defenses that currently rank in the top 10 — the Bengals (eighth), Saints (sixth) and Giants (10th). He also faced the Steelers, who are not the defense they’ve been, but still rank 12th in the NFL in total yards allowed.

Honestly, I feel I could rip your points apart. I have no interest in it, as McCown is in TB now, Cutler has a fat contract, and it's old news. The guy excelled last year and there's no logical way to agrue against it.

On a more important note, BRING BACK JASON!!!! He's one of the last people on here that I look forward to's posts. They are always logical, and any name calling I have seen has been either in response to what others have said then or in the past.

I thought of quitting the old board when you whined like a bitch. I didn't put up a fight, and even volunteered not to be an admin because I didn't want to deal with bitches like you any more. I even talked to Pix about it. It just wasn't fun at that point. I've noticed the admins on the current board either don't have time, don't care, or have changed their opinions on what should be allowed and what should not. I loved the Bears before the board, and could certainly do so after. But I stuck around. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

And with that, I'm out.

Wow, I would have never guessed that's what you looked like.

For what its worth, your one of the more interesting people on here. You have your faults but so does everybody else. To leave this board because someone is being a jerk, is the coward way out. You , more than anybody has the intelligence to give them a hard time. That has a fun value in that.

Wise words from a man I admire....

I love sarcasm. I think Jason is pretty sharp but dont always agree with him. to be honest I wouldnt be on this site if everybody agreed and drank coolaid and kissy face, bah, bah bah. That would make me throw up.

Agreed.

I love what jason brings to the plate. I disagree a lot, but it's usually well reasoned. He's opinionated, and his passion makes the debate fun. Sometimes it gets out of hand a bit, but I just look at is us boys being boys...and in the end, we man up and let it go and move forward.

Our similarities brought us here...our differences keep us here.

:cheers

For the record, with all the pains that Jason can cause he is an equal contributing member to the forum. If he leaves we'll lose one more opinion, like it or not, and that's just not right. I recall not all that long ago folks thinking Terra should go because of his short but damaging remarks. Fortunately he wasn't discouraged and didn't give up and stuck it out. Hell even SCS left and came back. So Jason should reconsider his wanting to go because if for nothing else, Cracker will have to turn his attention to someone else.

"He who fights and runs away, lives to fight another day." I don't suggest Jason "run away" just take a break.

I too miss me some nfo debate...

Speaking of which, what ever happened to NFO? He and I had some classics. I respected him a little more than Jason but those were some awesome threads!

Jason shouldn't go anywhere, break or otherwise. I mostly ignor Terra and anyone here that has a problem with Jason can do the same to him. Or me. Face it, none of us are perfect.

F off! The Kool-aid is tasty! This current distiller's expession is so much better than the last distiller's version!

:drink

I love sarcasm. I think Jason is pretty sharp but dont always agree with him. to be honest I wouldnt be on this site if everybody agreed and drank coolaid and kissy face, bah, bah bah. That would make me throw up.

I dont think Im being a jerk. :)

To be honest, I didnt read back to see who Jason was referring too. I meant-who Jason thinks is a jerk- and maybe that isnt even the case. He obviously had a problem with somebody, or several, it doesnt really matter, its all about the passion of argument. I have argued with several on here, hit up Bowling-found out he was cool-hit up SCS- found out he was cool-hit up Alaska-dont like him, but all of that is ok. We all on here because of the Bears and I think everybody is cool(except for one) and like this site a lot. If Jason is gone, its his lost, I wish he was here, but will find someone else to disagree with. We ALL say something stupid.,me too, so that creates passion of argument, love that.

I agree with good old Stinger, I don't want to read a lot of ass kissing and fake bs....that is quite the bore.

At the same time, I don't want any net warrior to start making personal comments about me on the net, cause where I come from, thems fighting words! haha

Hopefully Jason will be back, and NFO too...he was another source of solid debate.

To be honest, I didnt read back to see who Jason was referring too. I meant-who Jason thinks is a jerk- and maybe that isnt even the case. He obviously had a problem with somebody, or several, it doesnt really matter, its all about the passion of argument. I have argued with several on here, hit up Bowling-found out he was cool-hit up SCS- found out he was cool-hit up Alaska-dont like him

Don't worry, the feeling is mutual sweet cheeks. :crying

but all of that is ok. We all on here because of the Bears and I think everybody is cool(except for one) and like this site a lot. If Jason is gone, its his lost, I wish he was here, but will find someone else to disagree with. We ALL say something stupid.,me too, so that creates passion of argument, love that.

Don't be so hard on yourself, you never say (or write) anything stupid. :huh:

To be honest, I didnt read back to see who Jason was referring too. I meant-who Jason thinks is a jerk- and maybe that isnt even the case. He obviously had a problem with somebody, or several, it doesnt really matter, its all about the passion of argument. I have argued with several on here, hit up Bowling-found out he was cool-hit up SCS- found out he was cool-hit up Alaska-dont like him, but all of that is ok. We all on here because of the Bears and I think everybody is cool(except for one) and like this site a lot. If Jason is gone, its his lost, I wish he was here, but will find someone else to disagree with. We ALL say something stupid.,me too, so that creates passion of argument, love that.

Cool :) And it's all good. It takes a lot to ruffle my feathers, and this was a long time coming with he and I.

Now, can Cutler live up to the situation around him? I think he can, but the question will be one of discipline. I sure hope he has it, because I think we are building a Super Bowl team here. Maybe not this year, but then again why not?

GO BEARS.

Its funny how condescending you are, considering you cant spell the word.

Now that is what I am talking about!

GO BEARS!

PACKERS SUCK!

Still not completely sold on Cutler, but if the QB whisperer says he is worth the money, then I am OK with it....

We have a good year coming!

Many a beer is in that post, but for real, this is a website, freak anyone that chases someone off from our small community, for being butt hurt over stupid crap that means nothing in life

Understood TO, I got myself in the worst trouble when beer and other assorted spirits were being consumed, particularly when they were being consumed in volumes which could jeopardise the health of a cow!

Do us all a favour and hang out; I like your posts.

It's called pathetic irony...

Which word did I mispell? I'm always sure to do spell check when sparring with literary giants like him. Wouldn't want my glass house to get broke.

I always dont have time to spell check, and sometimes my brain doesnt work. I just wanted you guys to know Im sensitive, and all this criticism hurts my feelings.

Honestly. If you have a problem with jason, you ar cracker that has fun trying to start shit. Someone that drinks a lot of Kool Aid and won't listen to a reasonable debate on your opinion. Or holding holding old grudges.

I was young and argued like crazy and it came off bad. I got into it with many people and said too much being to be the the moral police.

But, I bet there hasn't been a insulting word said by him before any of you had insulted this board or him. An really, it was super tight before with admins what could and couldnt be said. And holding grudges for what like five years, over something that wasn't allowed there, get over it. The bull shit in the michael sam thread would have been busted in a day on that site.

If you didn't like the word change, get over it. IF you don't like some ones opinion defend your own. Grow a freakin pair.

Urlacher ONLYwanted to play for the Bears last year. They didn't want to negotiate so he retired. He;s back this year, so that blows the shit off no one not wanting, he off a year off. So all the Koolaid drinking, Shit raising, name calling mofos, need to stop being babies, and realize he was just justified on his argument by Urlacher coming back.

Sometime's dont see shit the same as you, get over it..... Name a good line backer for the Bears last year, any better than the QB of the defense that called plays. Last or near it in run d?

And since I used foul Language which I stopped because of flea and his family, Flea, come back i miss you, and NFO, and now apparently Jason, because people want to be a horses butt and realize they aren't always right.

I mean seriously. Who Here, has NOT called Jason a name first, and when have the peole mad ever disagreed on oppinion? I'm willing to bet whatever yall mostly see shit the same way.

Y'all don't get Jason back, I'm sure myself, Terra or whoever else that disagrees with nonstop Kool Aid will be gone. I can go to other sites and get an update on the bears easier. I come here for family feel, and logical debates. So basically, freak ALL YOU ALL that chased Jason off. I'm outtie too till he comes back. Deal with being wrong, calling names, not doing forum rules when he was an admin 5 years ago, if that's your problem freak ya. If I let that shit get that far under my skin I could never talk to SC or cracka.

I am not privy to old wounds, but have had as heated arguments with SCS and Bowling on here and now like those guys(what happened to me?) The more of those type of arguments lead me to be on here more so I can irritate relentlessly. The only reason I would leave this site is if I quite being a Bear fan(not going to happen) so all you fellow irritants, Im not going anywhere.