12th in preseason power rankings

jason

Y'all don't get Jason back, I'm sure myself, Terra or whoever else that disagrees with nonstop Kool Aid will be gone. I can go to other sites and get an update on the bears easier. I come here for family feel, and logical debates. So basically, freak ALL YOU ALL that chased Jason off. I'm outtie too till he comes back. Deal with being wrong, calling names, not doing forum rules when he was an admin 5 years ago, if that's your problem freak ya. If I let that shit get that far under my skin I could never talk to SC or cracka.

Um, I didn't dredge that old shit up, Jason did. Read the thread.

But yeah, dont get in MY face about how you rewrote MY post? Ya know?

Also, Jason was calling people "dick" left and right, so I returned serve, cuz I'd had enough of it.

Jason is not a victim, let's be clear.

As for drinking the Kool Aid, that has nothing to do with it. You can believe Urlacher would have helped last year or not, and have a lively discussion all without acting as he was.

This wasnt about that.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I always dont have time to spell check, and sometimes my brain doesnt work. I just wanted you guys to know Im sensitive, and all this criticism hurts my feelings.

I can tell that from that avatar....you have to be sensitive to look at all of those women's asses.

And since I used foul Language which I stopped because of flea and his family, Flea, come back i miss you, and NFO, and now apparently Jason, because people want to be a horses butt and realize they aren't always right.

i agree with you that the admins really do need to start cleaning this up before the site turns into a mess.

i also agree on the foul language aspect and maybe even some of the avatar's that get too far off base. there is no need for it and it was something that set this site apart from other flame sites with four letter derogatives thrown out with every other word typed by cretins with pubescency issues.

i have no problems with infighting, serious arguments or even in-house flaming, but...

maybe THINK before you type something you wouldn't want your 8 year old daughter reading would go a long way on this board.

i agree with you that the admins really do need to start cleaning this up before the site turns into a mess.

i also agree on the foul language aspect and maybe even some of the avatar's that get too far off base. there is no need for it and it was something that set this site apart from other flame sites with four letter derogatives thrown out with every other word typed by cretins with pubescency issues.

i have no problems with infighting, serious arguments or even in-house flaming, but...

maybe THINK before you type something you wouldn't want your 8 year old daughter reading would go a long way on this board.

I agree, I don't like too much profanity and I really do not like the personal attacks.....don't come on the net or the board for that.

At the same time, free speech is a wonderful thing and some of the banter does crack me up.

At the same time, free speech is a wonderful thing and some of the banter does crack me up.

free speech, where anything goes, is not an option on good post boards or forums in most instances for good reason. there has to be rules or you will drive out anyone who isn't a complete loony.

most boards are put up by someone who has done the work and spent his/her coin to operate and maintain it and you live or die by their rules as it should be. the best you can hope for is that it is fair and safe for all who wish to participate without unwarranted editing or censoring board related topics or idea's. if there is a reason for an edit let the person know why and what rules were violated and if they continue to break the rules censure them after a warning.

a good rule of thumb for all admins... NEVER allow race, religion or politics on a sports board. it's a disaster waiting to happen.

If I let that shit get that far under my skin I could never talk to SC or cracka.

Not sure why you referenced me twice in your drunken rant. I was the first one in this thread to come to Jason's defense and I don't even really like the guy. But he never did anything here that I wouldn't expect from a friendly fight with a buddy about sports after a beer or two. I enjoy arguing with him! He's just a little too arrogant for his own good but I'll always defend his right to express his views.

With that said, everyone needs to stop all this meta bullshit and stick to fighting about the Bears, not about the presonalities here. Whether I like someone more or less than someone else here doesn't make me right or wrong, or a Kool Aid drinker or any other term meant to slam my or other's views.

TD, face it, no matter what you believe after several beers, nobody ran Jason off. If the dude is gone, the dude took his ball and went home. He and others here have had many more personal fights than anything said this time around. Why did he get all pouty and piss off? Frankly I don't even know if he's really gone, he said he was "out" which could've simply referred to this thread only. Hell, I move on from threads myself, all the damn time!

And getting back to the Bears for a minute... your comments about Urlacher won't be proven until he plays and even then someone could say he needed a season to heal up from whatever scared the Bears off. Nobody here knows shit that happened between #54 and Bears brass. Nobody. It's all pure speculation.

free speech, where anything goes, is not an option on good post boards or forums in most instances for good reason. there has to be rules or you will drive out anyone who isn't a complete loony.

most boards are put up by someone who has done the work and spent his/her coin to operate and maintain it and you live or die by their rules as it should be. the best you can hope for is that it is fair and safe for all who wish to participate without unwarranted editing or censoring board related topics or idea's. if there is a reason for an edit let the person know why and what rules were violated and if they continue to break the rules censure them after a warning.

a good rule of thumb for all admins... NEVER allow race, religion or politics on a sports board. it's a disaster waiting to happen.

fair enough Lucky, I hear what you are saying.

At the same time, if we can manage to act like adults and not have to have others do it for us, that would be better IMO....

There are a lot of places to read and comment on the Bears, most of us have been around here for years; history means a lot around here.

Not sure why you referenced me twice in your drunken rant. I was the first one in this thread to come to Jason's defense and I don't even really like the guy. But he never did anything here that I wouldn't expect from a friendly fight with a buddy about sports after a beer or two. I enjoy arguing with him! He's just a little too arrogant for his own good but I'll always defend his right to express his views.

With that said, everyone needs to stop all this meta bullshit and stick to fighting about the Bears, not about the presonalities here. Whether I like someone more or less than someone else here doesn't make me right or wrong, or a Kool Aid drinker or any other term meant to slam my or other's views.

TD, face it, no matter what you believe after several beers, nobody ran Jason off. If the dude is gone, the dude took his ball and went home. He and others here have had many more personal fights than anything said this time around. Why did he get all pouty and piss off? Frankly I don't even know if he's really gone, he said he was "out" which could've simply referred to this thread only. Hell, I move on from threads myself, all the damn time!

And getting back to the Bears for a minute... your comments about Urlacher won't be proven until he plays and even then someone could say he needed a season to heal up from whatever scared the Bears off. Nobody here knows shit that happened between #54 and Bears brass. Nobody. It's all pure speculation.

Damn Crack, did not notice that.....you have been breaking the guys balls endlessly and probably got his back up to the point he was left to sound off....

And as far as Url goes, to be honest, I cannot believe anyone thinks the guy is worth any more than the vet minimum. He was cashed out, he didn't play at full strength for how many years?

And as far as character and intelligence goes....nuff said.

Url was through, pure and simple, it was time to move on, and we did the right thing....he sucked money from the Bears as long as he could and now he can have a premium mobile in any location he likes, while he searches out the local harlots for entertainment.

And Bears should be careful about calling out greats like Sayers.....

Bye bye Url, and I won't miss you....take your brother Briggs with you and as we say here in merry old England, pi$$ off!

Damn Crack, did not notice that.....you have been breaking the guys balls endlessly and probably got his back up to the point he was left to sound off....

I doubt I hurt his feelings. Dude doesn't listen to anyone but himself anyway.

And as far as Url goes, to be honest, I cannot believe anyone thinks the guy is worth any more than the vet minimum. He was cashed out, he didn't play at full strength for how many years?

Oddly it was reported here that Urlacher was a Cowboy but everything I see says that's just a rumor and most places I looked said it wasn't likely. Not sure where that report came from but it sure made TD excited. I'm not sure I agree with you about Urlacher being DONE before last year but I'm pretty sure the Bears were fair to him with their offer and he demanded more and thought he could play games in the media to get his way. Then he found out there was a new sheriff in town.

Oddly it was reported here that Urlacher was a Cowboy but everything I see says that's just a rumor and most places I looked said it wasn't likely. Not sure where that report came from but it sure made TD excited. I'm not sure I agree with you about Urlacher being DONE before last year but I'm pretty sure the Bears were fair to him with their offer and he demanded more and thought he could play games in the media to get his way. Then he found out there was a new sheriff in town.

Dallas has no money. If Url was relevant he'd be in Tampa.

I agree this needs to be cleaned up A LITTLE but this is not the Christian Science Monitor blog, its a Bear football thing and we are all adults. I think any reference to personal attacks, is lame, but if some foul language pops up, its not the end of the world. If my avatar offend anybody,Im sorry, it is just an expression of my love for women, and dont find that classless. I would say it displays class, but I will be more prudent in my pic choices.

I edited my posts. I'll stand by my words, but I would appreciate those that quoted me to edit thiers too so that younger people that come here don't read it. I changed my tone a long time ago for flea and his family, and many words I said should not be here. It's how I feel, but I'd not like pedal those words to young people that should be watching Sponge Bob, and not reading my language.

I agree this needs to be cleaned up A LITTLE but this is not the Christian Science Monitor blog, its a Bear football thing and we are all adults. I think any reference to personal attacks, is lame, but if some foul language pops up, its not the end of the world. If my avatar offend anybody,Im sorry, it is just an expression of my love for women, and dont find that classless. I would say it displays class, but I will be more prudent in my pic choices.

Stinger, if you ever change those avatars, which I would personally mourn, please let me know the source of those pics....

Last night it was gin in the English pub.....and like the landlady said, what goes on in the pub stays in the pub....I can say no more, haha.

i am not sure where your "we are all adults" comes from. this is an open forum to the public as far as i know. i have never seen any adult or men only ratings or references on this site. you have a wide variety of posters and readers on here and i can only assume that includes kids, young adults AND women trying to glean information about the chicago bears.

believe me i am no prude and i can turn the air blue on occasions that would make a drunken sailor blush. but i try not to do it in public for obvious reasons (at least to me). occasional off color remarks i have no problem with but some of the graphic hard core references are a bit much in my opinion and quite frankly are embarrassing when i can only assume that some folks other than adult males are reading this.

that said... i am not trying to dictate any policy or force anyone to adhere to my thoughts or opinions. i am not an admin on here and certainly don't own this site so 'those that be' can do as they wish on here.

just my 2 cents worth.

I commend your efforts.

However language really is a 2 way street.

As much as one should take heed to what they say, how they say it and where they say it...listeners must take heed that sometimes things may be said that they could find offense to and simply carry on. I feel this board is like going to a real game. For the most part, we have mostly adults (in age, sometimes not so much in wisdom...). So the beer flows, the volume gets loud, and sometimes some language pops out. Yup. There are probably some ladies and kids that may not be thrilled with a couple of words, but for the most part it's harmless fun. It's only when the bad language flows heavily where people really get turned away. Also, when pushing and shoving (name calling) happens. Those isntances tend to offend the most people. Some of those folks simply leave. (Or call security).

As a long-time poster here. I really try not to make any personal attacks and to keep the language chill. When I swear, I try to put in symbols, so that adults can easily tell what I wrote, but maybe a kid won't. Or at least, they see I'm attempting some semblance of restraint...like f&$k. But with that said, that's me. I sure as hope and am glad that everyone doesn't go about like me. It'd be too damn boring!

So in a nutshell, I think some effort should be made to self-monitor one's language and personal attacks. But also, some effort should be made for others not to take that language or insults personally....and for the most part, I think that's already happening.

We all here do a pretty good job of self-policing. And there is a healthy amount of letting something play out a bit... But when a push comes to shove, we're all just one happy dysfunctional family! And I for one, like going to the family dinners to see the fireworks!

:cheers

I edited my posts. I'll stand by my words, but I would appreciate those that quoted me to edit thiers too so that younger people that come here don't read it. I changed my tone a long time ago for flea and his family, and many words I said should not be here. It's how I feel, but I'd not like pedal those words to young people that should be watching Sponge Bob, and not reading my language.

i am not sure where your "we are all adults" comes from. this is an open forum to the public as far as i know. i have never seen any adult or men only ratings or references on this site. you have a wide variety of posters and readers on here and i can only assume that includes kids, young adults AND women trying to glean information about the chicago bears.

believe me i am no prude and i can turn the air blue on occasions that would make a drunken sailor blush. but i try not to do it in public for obvious reasons (at least to me). occasional off color remarks i have no problem with but some of the graphic hard core references are a bit much in my opinion and quite frankly are embarrassing when i can only assume that some folks other than adult males are reading this.

that said... i am not trying to dictate any policy or force anyone to adhere to my thoughts or opinions. i am not an admin on here and certainly don't own this site so 'those that be' can do as they wish on here.

just my 2 cents worth.

Everybody looks at things differently, and I assumed we are all older and mostly male Bear fans, I am never an opponent of catering to a select few. The majority fall into to the category of males over 18 on here and if there is a child or women that is offended by some of the things that get said in heated exchange on here, they need to just stop reading it. I dont consider this a PG site, more of a R rated type. With all the blogs I have jumped on and read dealing with sports this in not more vulgar or cleaner than any of the others. Point is , is something offends someone be your own moderator and turn off your computer. I think we should cater to a majority and go with what standards they wish to have. By all of the opinions given so far, I think this site is alive and well.

I commend your efforts.

However language really is a 2 way street.

As much as one should take heed to what they say, how they say it and where they say it...listeners must take heed that sometimes things may be said that they could find offense to and simply carry on. I feel this board is like going to a real game. For the most part, we have mostly adults (in age, sometimes not so much in wisdom...). So the beer flows, the volume gets loud, and sometimes some language pops out. Yup. There are probably some ladies and kids that may not be thrilled with a couple of words, but for the most part it's harmless fun. It's only when the bad language flows heavily where people really get turned away. Also, when pushing and shoving (name calling) happens. Those isntances tend to offend the most people. Some of those folks simply leave. (Or call security).

As a long-time poster here. I really try not to make any personal attacks and to keep the language chill. When I swear, I try to put in symbols, so that adults can easily tell what I wrote, but maybe a kid won't. Or at least, they see I'm attempting some semblance of restraint...like f&$k. But with that said, that's me. I sure as hope and am glad that everyone doesn't go about like me. It'd be too damn boring!

So in a nutshell, I think some effort should be made to self-monitor one's language and personal attacks. But also, some effort should be made for others not to take that language or insults personally....and for the most part, I think that's already happening.

We all here do a pretty good job of self-policing. And there is a healthy amount of letting something play out a bit... But when a push comes to shove, we're all just one happy dysfunctional family! And I for one, like going to the family dinners to see the fireworks!

:cheers

Let me first say, I think you are to nice, but your opinion is well stated.I kinda addressed the same opinion in a response before I read this. This is public, just like being in public, so if you dont like something-QUIT READING IT. Swearing and arguing is part of life, we just need to deal with it.When in public, around kids or church ladies , I avoid being vulgar, but on here everything is like sitting in front of a computer and saying what pops in my head and usually it is R rated, not PG.

Everybody looks at things differently, and I assumed we are all older and mostly male Bear fans,

well, i guess if you 'assume' it, it must be so.

I am never an opponent of catering to a select few.

you are "never an opponent of catering to a select few"? then which of your multiple personalities made the statement below?

The majority fall into to the category of males over 18 on here and if there is a child or women that is offended by some of the things that get said in heated exchange on here, they need to just stop reading it

i admire your broad minded approach as to who should or should not frequent this site. after all, i am sure nobody who is not a male over the age of 18 could possibly have anything worthwhile to contribute in discussing the chicago bears anyway.

I dont consider this a PG site, more of a R rated type. With all the blogs I have jumped on and read dealing with sports this in not more vulgar or cleaner than any of the others.

"I" seems to be a very large portion of your vocabulary.

Point is , is something offends someone be your own moderator and turn off your computer. I think we should cater to a majority and go with what standards they wish to have. By all of the opinions given so far, I think this site is alive and well.

yup, 'love it or leave it' is always the best policy in my book.

the point is this... every person that does or 'would' contribute to this site is a plus for EVERYONE involved. it expands the knowledge of what this site is all about and why people come here.

so why limit it because you or someone else can't keep your fingers off of the F key? if you feel it is some kind of 'heat of the moment' thing and can't seem to control yourself, that is why they put an EDIT button below each individuals post.

again, i am not trying to dictate policy here but maybe the site GOD should step in and let us ALL know just what the policies for this site really are and who it IS catering to. inquiring minds want to know.

well, i guess if you 'assume' it, it must be so.

you are "never an opponent of catering to a select few"? then which of your multiple personalities made the statement below?

i admire your broad minded approach as to who should or should not frequent this site. after all, i am sure nobody who is not a male over the age of 18 could possibly have anything worthwhile to contribute in discussing the chicago bears anyway.

"I" seems to be a very large portion of your vocabulary.

yup, 'love it or leave it' is always the best policy in my book.

the point is this... every person that does or 'would' contribute to this site is a plus for EVERYONE involved. it expands the knowledge of what this site is all about and why people come here.

so why limit it because you or someone else can't keep your fingers off of the F key? if you feel it is some kind of 'heat of the moment' thing and can't seem to control yourself, that is why they put an EDIT button below each individuals post.

again, i am not trying to dictate policy here but maybe the site GOD should step in and let us ALL know just what the policies for this site really are and who it IS catering to. inquiring minds want to know.

I appreciate what you are saying Lucky, and you make some good points....

But here are some other good points.

What makes the Bears the Bears, IMO, are tough Chicago people who say it like it is and don't mince words.

Profanity is common in culture; you will see more in a PG movie than you will on this site.

This site is full of authentic Bears fans, who bleed the Bears, and if you try to censor them it will be just another boring Pepsi commercial with no heart catering to the many but interesting no one.

We all need to be careful of what we say...but not much of what is said here is that bad at all IMO....and I am a Child Protection Social Worker, Masters Degree Educated, and I have not seen much at all on here that would be a problem for children.

Making the world lily white is artificial...and the Bears are not artificial. And neither are the guys around here.

These are good guys around here, who like to have a drink sometimes, some of us anyway, who play by the rules, work, and keep our respective countries running.

Be careful how hard you judge...

And as Jesus said, take the log out of your own eye before you point out the twig in another's.

Peace to all.

But here are some other good points.

What makes the Bears the Bears, IMO, are tough Chicago people who say it like it is and don't mince words.

you know, i actually find this offensive. you must have a really poor opinion of what the people of chicago (and their sport fans), as a whole, are actually like.

to believe the people of chicago can't be a sports fan and communicate or make a verbal point without using the F word or other extremely crude language in a PUBLIC place is really mind boggling. that is not "not mincing words", it is having no concern or respect for other adults points of view or lifestyles, including their children's, by subjecting them to it for no apparent reason other than a lack of communication skills and good judgement.

Profanity is common in culture; you will see more in a PG movie than you will on this site.

really? and how many underage children do you take to PG rated movies with the language used below?

This site is full of authentic Bears fans, who bleed the Bears, and if you try to censor them it will be just another boring Pepsi commercial with no heart catering to the many but interesting no one.

like a "Pepsi" ad? what exactly does that mean?

just so i have this straight, in your opinion reading about the bears is boring unless the posters use vulgarity and crude language? is that what you are saying?

We all need to be careful of what we say...but not much of what is said here is that bad at all IMO....and I am a Child Protection Social Worker, Masters Degree Educated, and I have not seen much at all on here that would be a problem for children.

really? you mean like this:

EDITED

"Yeah F - - - you.

You DID edit a post of mine, you rewrote words and attributed them to me, as a power hungry admin.

Crybaby? Nah, Id just kick your ass if you did it to my face.

You're a contentious and arrogant little prick.

If admins dont like this language, lets start with the guy who initiated it.

Seriously, grow some F - - - ing hair on your b - - - - before you try to challenge me."

or maybe:

EDITED

"Get your tongue out of the guy's r- - - - - for a few minutes and you might be able to see better."

and you would have no problem reading this unedited to the children you are hired to protect and their parents? let me know how that goes.

Making the world lily white is artificial...and the Bears are not artificial. And neither are the guys around here.

dude, you just stated you have a "Masters Degree" and this is the best you can extrapolate? lily white? artificial? did i ever say i was or anyone on this board had to be EVER, or that everyone had to act like they were wally cleaver? how simplistic can you get?

look i'm not some holy roller damning everyone to the pits of hell. but as you stated you are an 'educated' man in the field of child protection. does that not mean you SHOULD realize when and where to impliment SOME restraint in a PUBLIC forum for the good of all?

this isn't some 'good ole boy' site where we all come to get drunk and put the make on 'cyber chicks'. it's an information site for sports where women, young adults or kids should be able to participate if they see fit and have information on the chicago bears to share with EVERYONE.

if TD was correct in his assessment of flea then we have lost a valued participant on this forum for no reason and we are all the poorer for it.

doesn't it make you wonder how many others have we lost because of it?

you know, i actually find this offensive. you must have a really poor opinion of what the people of chicago (and their sport fans), as a whole, are actually like.

to believe the people of chicago can't be a sports fan and communicate or make a verbal point without using the F word or other extremely crude language in a PUBLIC place is really mind boggling. that is not "not mincing words", it is having no concern or respect for other adults points of view or lifestyles, including their children's, by subjecting them to it for no apparent reason other than a lack of communication skills and good judgement.

really? and how many underage children do you take to PG rated movies with the language used below?

like a "Pepsi" ad? what exactly does that mean?

just so i have this straight, in your opinion reading about the bears is boring unless the posters use vulgarity and crude language? is that what you are saying?

really? you mean like this:

EDITED

"Yeah F - - - you.

You DID edit a post of mine, you rewrote words and attributed them to me, as a power hungry admin.

Crybaby? Nah, Id just kick your ass if you did it to my face.

You're a contentious and arrogant little prick.

If admins dont like this language, lets start with the guy who initiated it.

Seriously, grow some F - - - ing hair on your b - - - - before you try to challenge me."

or maybe:

EDITED

"Get your tongue out of the guy's r- - - - - for a few minutes and you might be able to see better."

and you would have no problem reading this unedited to the children you are hired to protect and their parents? let me know how that goes.

dude, you just stated you have a "Masters Degree" and this is the best you can extrapolate? lily white? artificial? did i ever say i was or anyone on this board had to be EVER, or that everyone had to act like they were wally cleaver? how simplistic can you get?

look i'm not some holy roller damning everyone to the pits of hell. but as you stated you are an 'educated' man in the field of child protection. does that not mean you SHOULD realize when and where to impliment SOME restraint in a PUBLIC forum for the good of all?

this isn't some 'good ole boy' site where we all come to get drunk and put the make on 'cyber chicks'. it's an information site for sports where women, young adults or kids should be able to participate if they see fit and have information on the chicago bears to share with EVERYONE.

if TD was correct in his assessment of flea then we have lost a valued participant on this forum for no reason and we are all the poorer for it.

doesn't it make you wonder how many others have we lost because of it?

OK-you want to discuss the Bears? The typical fan, the real fans....hmmm.

A poor opinion of Chicago? Please.....you are wrong. I am from Rockford, and love the Bears, and have done so since birth.

There is no need to always be politically correct with language, and to use profanity at times is not such a bad thing....not that I particularly endorse it, but I understand those who feel the need, and take no offence?

Do you?

Because if you do....then I am not sure you know the real Chicago as I do.

And by the way....sorry you find that offensive.

If you disallow others who use the language that they do in order to meet your standards, then you are DISCRIMINATING.....do you understand?

And yes, really, have you been to a PG movie lately?

And OK, yes, if this is an "R", then fair enough.

But guess what? We are all adults here?

AND CHILDREN SHOULD BE MONITORED ON THE INTERNET.

IT IS NOT MY RESPONSIBILITY TO MONITOR MY WORDS HERE BECAUSE PARENTS ALLOW THEIR CHILDREN HERE WITHOUT SUPERVISION.

And if they do....nothing I say will hurt them IMO...

And I see nothing here from others who hurt either...and when I do, I speak up.

Where have you been?

Tell you what...I get bored writing...

If you want to PM me your telephone number I will call you and we can talk it through.

No threats of any kind....I am offering to call you on my dime and speak to you directly, and if we disagree, then we will, and I am civil and peaceful, and will wish you no harm.

Do you know what a "Masters Degree" is? You don't need to put it in quotes, it is what it is....it is six years of full-time education my friend.

Dude? How much education do you have?

Extrapolate? That is an interesting word....but I don't think it fits this conversation at all....maybe you feel you can elaborate a bit?

Do you like to play with words? OK, let's play.

I don't like some of the guys who have been lost; but I don't know why they have left either.

Do you?

They may have got bored, moved on, whatever....I don't know why...do you?

And if you do, let me know.....

This is not a "good old boy" site by any length; these boys know the Bears, and the history. If you don't think so, maybe you should find better eh?

There are a lot out there.

Sometimes language gets rough...OK, I don't like some of the quotes that appeared as they are on the net and I wish they were not...although they would not bother me in the bar.

But IN CONTEXT, these are all good guys here...and they may have said a few things for whatever reason, but they are good guys.

So chill out....and if you want to PM me your number, we can talk it through. It is hard to type eh?

Have a good day....and I am glad to have you here.

Must be why I'm always finishing last!

I want to try to emulate Pixote. I have had the upmost respect for him since day 1. And I look at him as a shining example of how a Bears fan goes about dicussing his passion. But to me, he's like Payton. I can never achieve that. But I will try. And if I can make the special teams, then that will have to work for me...

But I don't want everyone to be that. People need to be themselves. That's me, so that what I try for. I love our differences. It's what makes this world great. Of course other than loving the Bears, it gets scary when vast amounts of people start agreeing with one another!

:dabears

Let me first say, I think you are to nice, but your opinion is well stated.I kinda addressed the same opinion in a response before I read this. This is public, just like being in public, so if you dont like something-QUIT READING IT. Swearing and arguing is part of life, we just need to deal with it.When in public, around kids or church ladies , I avoid being vulgar, but on here everything is like sitting in front of a computer and saying what pops in my head and usually it is R rated, not PG.

OK-you want to discuss the Bears? The typical fan, the real fans....hmmm

A poor opinion of Chicago? Please.....you are wrong. I am from Rockford, and love the Bears, and have done so since birth.

hmmmm.... the real fans. yea, tell me about the "real" fans. describe them for me so i too know the difference between the "real" fan and the fake(?) one like you obviously can. please enlighten me.

only from birth and not conception? does that make you a "real" fan or a faux fan in your estimation?

There is no need to always be politically correct with language, and to use profanity at times is not such a bad thing....not that I particularly endorse it, but I understand those who feel the need, and take no offence?

Do you?

your pardon. i didn't realize i was talking to the ruler of the earth. please enlighten your subjects in great detail as to when it is correct to not be politically correct.

do i understand those who feel the "need" to use profanity? i guess that is a new concept for me to feel the "need" to use it. is it physical like a drug dependency? is it psychological and can be cured through therapy? is it a vitamin deficiency?

Because if you do....then I am not sure you know the real Chicago as I do.

and being from rockford and living in great britain gives you this insight to "know the real Chicago"? explain the "real" chicago to me in great detail and how all chicagoans have developed this "need" to use profanity at all times in all situations from cradle to grave. can i assume the cause of this to be through the process of evolution? alien spores?

If you disallow others who use the language that they do in order to meet your standards, then you are DISCRIMINATING.....do you understand?

do i understand? yea i understand. here is a GREAT freedom of speech concept for you to do. the next time you take some small children to a *L,SC,V PG movie, stand up halfway through the film and yell FIRE as loud as you can. it's your right to do so and they would be "DISCRIMINATING" against you if they lock you up in a padded cell. you should have no problem getting released and winning that case in court. do it for us and the cause for freedom of speech.

And yes, really, have you been to a PG movie lately?

And OK, yes, if this is an "R", then fair enough.

But guess what? We are all adults here?

and you know this how? you personally can determine the age and sex of every person that not only posts on this site but visits it 24 hours a day to read about the chicago bears? wow! you should join the circus (or have you?).

AND CHILDREN SHOULD BE MONITORED ON THE INTERNET.

IT IS NOT MY RESPONSIBILITY TO MONITOR MY WORDS HERE BECAUSE PARENTS ALLOW THEIR CHILDREN HERE WITHOUT SUPERVISION.

And if they do....nothing I say will hurt them IMO...

And I see nothing here from others who hurt either...and when I do, I speak up.

says the great and powerful OZ

you need to settle down beavis you'll stroke out. actually i think you may have mispoken. isn't it... children should be seen and not heard? and keep the little woman barefoot, pregnant and in the kitchen?

but in reality you may be right. what kind of a negligent parent would think their children would be safe on a sports site reading about the chicago bears?

Do you know what a "Masters Degree" is? You don't need to put it in quotes, it is what it is....it is six years of full-time education my friend.

so THAT's what a "Masters Degree" means? you graduated from the 6th grade. i'm truly impressed. i only went through the 4th grade myself but i still feel my overall comprehension level is beyond your 6th grade education do to reaching down to pull myself up by my own bootstaps and self taught lerning. so i feel like i trumped ya on that one hyuk hyuk hyuk.

Extrapolate? That is an interesting word....but I don't think it fits this conversation at all....maybe you feel you can elaborate a bit?

Do you like to play with words? OK, let's play.

"Making the world lily white is artificial...and the Bears are not artificial. And neither are the guys around here." - your quote.

well, lets see... ex·trap·o·late - to infer (an unknown) from something that is known; conjecture.

conjecture - the formation or expression of an opinion or theory without sufficient evidence for proof.

how do you know that everyone on this site is a 'guy'? are you omnipotent?

This is not a "good old boy" site by any length; these boys know the Bears, and the history. If you don't think so, maybe you should find better eh?

There are a lot out there.

ahhhhhh finally....

the old love or leave it line of crap when you don't have the guts or brains to evaluate both sides of an argument along with the merits and detriments of either or both. you are stuck in your macho manly-man world that flew high and fast 50 + years ago.

enjoy it and tip another one for me at the pub, a toast to your "Masters Degree" and what it's really worth.

Thank you to Lucky for showing us that offensive speech can be achieved without using profanity.

I dont think that not being able to yell "fire" in a crowded theater has anything to do with whether or not I respond in kind to Jason's assinine name calling.

What you didnt like was that I won, somehow you seem to think I should have measured my response to be symmetrical to his, but that's waht people who believe in censorship always think.

But I'll tell you something else. I dont have a rep here for bad language. Im not a bully.

But yeah, I was sick of Jason calling people dicks. So I called him one back. Then he got really mad and brought up something from YEARS ago, saying it was me who didnt let it go. Ironically it was also about censorship.

So I smacked him. It felt good too. But no I dont go around doing it regularly, and you have nothing to fear from me.

I like this board, and Jason is welcome on it as far as Im concerned, but he got what he deserved too.

Now let's get back to football shall we?

Thank you to Lucky for showing us that offensive speech can be achieved without using profanity.

you are quite welcome:)

seriously... as i have stated numerous times i have no problem with infighting on this site. THAT is the instance when anyone can bypass it and if a woman or child reads it it certainly is not crudely or graphically offensive.

I don't think that not being able to yell "fire" in a crowded theater has anything to do with whether or not I respond in kind to Jason's asinine name calling.

i don't either unless you want to insist that some of that type of graphic language in your post was called for. you can never convince me that it is acceptable language to use around a woman or a child.

What you didn't like was that I won, somehow you seem to think I should have measured my response to be symmetrical to his, but that's waht people who believe in censorship always think.

But I'll tell you something else. I dont have a rep here for bad language. Im not a bully.

actually i just don't care who won or lost. i think with the tone of the language used this SITE lost.

and yet again with the censorship BS. what the hell is the matter with all you people??

you think freedom of speech or your non-censorship agenda is some mantra from heaven allowing you free rein to do or say anything you please anywhere you want to say it? if you REALLY don't get it why don't you give your grandmother, mother or your minister a call and repeat to them the same message using them as the point of reference. or maybe if you go to class with your kids stand up before the 3rd grade and start talking like that. see how that goes.

But yeah, I was sick of Jason calling people dicks. So I called him one back. Then he got really mad and brought up something from YEARS ago, saying it was me who didnt let it go. Ironically it was also about censorship.

So I smacked him. It felt good too. But no I dont go around doing it regularly, and you have nothing to fear from me.

i really have no problem with you striking back at all. it was just in the type of content in the message i personally have a problem with. WHY you ask? again... because i do NOT believe it appropriate to speak such in front of women and children. call me old fashioned, in fact call me anything you want to just do it reasonably cleanly. we can banter that back and forth just like this one.

as far as YOU or anyone else on this board knowing the age or sex of a person coming to this site to read about the bears is ludicrous. so what does that tell you? you behave or you SHOULD behave, in my opinion, as if the lowest denominator that COULD be on this site is HERE!!! yet nobody seems to understand this.

Now let's get back to football shall we?

yes let's.