Need to clean house.....starting with

sulster

Need to bring in new blood. The comment by Robbie struck me the wrong way....that's a month too early to start your vacation, if you have higher goals. Obviously he's ok with not playing past New Years. Damn I'm pissed

http://espn.go.com/blog/chicago/bears/post...s-for-final-day

Damn, not sure that is going on there, but to be honest, maybe Will Sutton needs to put a fire up his backside?

Damn, not sure that is going on there, but to be honest, maybe Will Sutton needs to put a fire up his backside?

I think Robbie misspoke. I'm pretty sure he meant when the season is over. He is the best kicker in Bears history. I'm going to let it slide.

Peace :dabears

I think Robbie misspoke. I'm pretty sure he meant when the season is over. He is the best kicker in Bears history. I'm going to let it slide.

Peace :dabears

I agree, I am sure Robbie meant just that, after the season is over, and did not mean to indicate he wanted the Bears season to end in January.

LOL that anyone thinks Robbie was saying that he doesn't want to win the Super Bowl I mean come on.

And LOL at the GMs in here that would cut him for that too.

He's the best kicker in Bears history, and hes just a few kicks shy of the best in NFL history.

He meant after the season.

Im sure he meant when the season is over. The playoffs are not guaranteed to anyone, if the Bears are lucky enough to make the playoffs then Im sure Robbie will not mind putting off any vacation plans until the Playoffs are over.

Robbie is as good as gold and has been golden for the Bears for a long time. This one comment will not change the way I think of him as a Bear.

Yeah, I'll have to agree with the consensus here. It's been awhile since the last Super Bowl appearance for the Bears (which was played in January) so he just wasn't thinking.

This is akin to someone saying they are a psychologist when they meant to type 'plumber' (Damn autocorrect). No harm, no foul.

Need to bring in new blood. The comment by Robbie struck me the wrong way....that's a month too early to start your vacation, if you have higher goals. Obviously he's ok with not playing past New Years. Damn I'm pissed

http://espn.go.com/blog/chicago/bears/post...s-for-final-day

[/quote

the time to get serious about the season is when training camp starts, not mid June. A casual comment is all it is, he wasnt asked about Super Bowl aspirations.

That's the problem. It's been awhile since the Bears have made the playoffs consistently and it's programmed that the season is over in January. You ask someone from the Patriots, Packers, Saints and these teams that make the playoffs consistently, they would have seen February as the answer

That's the problem. It's been awhile since the Bears have made the playoffs consistently and it's programmed that the season is over in January. You ask someone from the Patriots, Packers, Saints and these teams that make the playoffs consistently, they would have seen February as the answer

If you want to judge his attitude then listen to what he said and the context he said it in.

He was saying that he is fully committed to this season, even so early in the year. That this is NOT the time to take a vacation, but instead to be serious and work.

The rest is some semantic voodoo that makes no sense.

He maybe committed to the season, but in his mindset, the offseason starts in January.

Do you think MJ would ever say, the offseason starts in April and got to start getting ready for next year.

Do you think he got to be a few kicks shy of the greatest kicker in NFL history by not caring?

These guys invest more hard work in themselves and football than I bet any of us do in our jobs or hobbies.

You're calling him out on a misstatement, and attempting to make it mean something it doesn't, especially given that he was saying that they should be super committed right now. That was his point.

This is silly.

If you want to judge his attitude then listen to what he said and the context he said it in.

He was saying that he is fully committed to this season, even so early in the year. That this is NOT the time to take a vacation, but instead to be serious and work.

The rest is some semantic voodoo that makes no sense.

There we go...

Do you think he got to be a few kicks shy of the greatest kicker in NFL history by not caring?

These guys invest more hard work in themselves and football than I bet any of us do in our jobs or hobbies.

You're calling him out on a misstatement, and attempting to make it mean something it doesn't, especially given that he was saying that they should be super committed right now. That was his point.

This is silly.

yep

I didn't say he didn't care. He needs to be reprogrammed that the season doesn't end in January. The organization is use to not making the playoffs. Emery is bringing in his players, so the right steps are being made.

He's not saying that he doesn't think about the Super Bowl, he just mispoke about the month.

I am CONFIDENT that he thinks about, and wants to win the super bowl more than any of us want them to. I KNOW he's working harder every day on that idea than we are.

Further, I have 100% confidence in Trestman's focus and ability on keeping his players in the right place to work towards a Super Bowl victory.

If you want a kicker who does a better job kissing press butt over one who kicks the football, then I gotta wonder whether YOUR priorities are on winning the Super Bowl LOL

Anyway, I dont think its an issue, and Im not particularly upset about it or this discussion :)

Thanks for the distraction!