From last night

Connorbear

I wonder if they game planned a little success for him to send a subtle message...

LOL, I was thinking the same when I saw his success. Pleasant surprise.

I have to believe it opened MB's eyes a bit, maybe bring him down to earth a bit.

I wonder if the Bears might go to a two TE package a bit more than expected with the possible issues we will face with our #3 WR position in question to start the season with Wilson injured? Could be interesting to see how it develops.

The other huge thing is no serious injuries, which is always the biggest thing coming out of a preseason game. Starting Dline had a big push. Oline looked pretty poor by all accounts.

I am hoping that we get good news on the Brian de la Puente injured knee and Chris Williams injured hamstring.

I liked these two guys and thought they were great additions to the roster.

I just hope both injuries are minor and not major set backs.

That was a beautifully thrown ball by Cutler to back shoulder it to Miller for the TD. I had no idea who the guy was before yesterday, and now he has definitely peaked my interest. I guess injuries have held him back and not his talent. Will be a nice addition to have to the team if he can stay healthy.

Was that really a beautifully thrown ball or did Miller make an outstanding adjustment during the throw?Just re-watched the game on UPN locally here and it looked like he adjusted to the ball in the air. The question I'm asking is if they go with he,Bennett and Rosario instead of Fiametta beacuse I don't remember seeing a FB on the field in both times I watched the game.

Miller also made a nice catch and run with Palmer. He caught it near the sidelines for a few yards, then made 2 good moves to avoid defenders and got 15+ out of it. Literally made something out of nothing. I was thoroughly impressed with him all night long.

Was that really a beautifully thrown ball or did Miller make an outstanding adjustment during the throw?Just re-watched the game on UPN locally here and it looked like he adjusted to the ball in the air. The question I'm asking is if they go with he,Bennett and Rosario instead of Fiametta beacuse I don't remember seeing a FB on the field in both times I watched the game.

Looked to me like a back shoulder throw.

Looked to me like a back shoulder throw.

I agree on that. Even Miller said afterward that he realized the only opening would be the back shoulder and that's exactly where Cutler threw it. Both were on the same page and having that chemistry this early on from a new player is great to see.

I agree on that. Even Miller said afterward that he realized the only opening would be the back shoulder and that's exactly where Cutler threw it. Both were on the same page and having that chemistry this early on from a new player is great to see.

I like the fact Paea actually looked good after being so bad last year. He is in a contract year and most players have good productive . I dont think the TE shining friday was planned. Its a pre season game and they dont go into these games with a game plan except for the 3rd game. I think they got attention because they were an open man on a progression for mostly inexperienced qbs.

I like the fact Paea actually looked good after being so bad last year. He is in a contract year and most players have good productive . I dont think the TE shining friday was planned. Its a pre season game and they dont go into these games with a game plan except for the 3rd game. I think they got attention because they were an open man on a progression for mostly inexperienced qbs.

Glad to see Paea playing better too. Hopefully he stays healthy and gets another contract with the Bears. DT is thin after this season and re-signing him would allow more flexibility early on in the draft.

TE is another thin posisition, so Miller would also be a nice addition longer term if he is the real deal.

It's early, but how nice would it be to not have any big holes in the roster and be able to draft to upgrade competition instead of a need?

At WR, i thought Williams showed he can be a deep threat with his speed and if he isn't too hurt gives the Bears a scary core.

Maybe they did make an effort to get Miller and Rosario the ball but Miller's TD catch at the back of the endzone was all him. He showed great athletic ability and field awareness securing the catch and keeping his feet in-bounds.

They said it was meant to be a back shoulder throw: http://www.chicagobears.com/news/article-1...ce-f4a4aade47ce