Updated Draft Order

adam

If you have watched more than a half of football that Mariotta has played you'd realize that:

He has no pocket presence.

He rarely makes it past his first read who normally is wide open.

He needs to gain 20 pounds of muscle.

His system hides his many flaws.

He lacks arm strength.

You'll have to teach him how to be a QB in a true system.

He is incapable of leading a team, for at minimum, a year and a half.

His numbers are awesome yet flawed. Don't analyze a read option QB on his stats only.

#ragz 2 bitchez

I will hold judgement until after the playoffs. He is the same height as Winston, just 11 lbs lighter. This is what Walter Football says about him:

Mariota has a strong arm, athleticism, toughness and great character. He does a great job of protecting the football from interceptions, but is prone to fumbles. Mariota enters the NFL in a similar developmental place as Cam Newton or Colin Kaepernick.

Either way I doubt Mariota or Winston get out of the top 5.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would love Mariotta. Want nothing to do with Winston's dumb stupid ass.

Mariotta will never be an elite Qb in the NFL. One stat will tell you his limit on success at the next level.On passes of over 15 yards he is 11 for 31. If you cant make accurate throws down field, he will end up being Ryan Fitzpatrick.

How about this: instead of going all in on a first or second round QB , look at a proven 4 year starter from a Div 2 college (ala Flacco) or a later round diamond in the rough (ala Brady or Russell)? I think we've witnessed how horrible our staff can invest in what they define as a "franchise QB". Rather than listen to all the experts and buy into the hype, actually do some homework and find that player that can maintain the offense for years to come? SCOUTS AND EMERY LISTEN CAREFULLY. Do what you're paid to do and scout the players.

Mariotta is more a success due to the system at Oregon moreso than Oregon is good because of Mariotta.

How about this: instead of going all in on a first or second round QB , look at a proven 4 year starter from a Div 2 college (ala Flacco) or a later round diamond in the rough (ala Brady or Russell)? I think we've witnessed how horrible our staff can invest in what they define as a "franchise QB". Rather than listen to all the experts and buy into the hype, actually do some homework and find that player that can maintain the offense for years to come? SCOUTS AND EMERY LISTEN CAREFULLY. Do what you're paid to do and scout the players.

Mariotta is more a success due to the system at Oregon moreso than Oregon is good because of Mariotta.

Late round draft picks have very high failure rates. A lot of them get picked and very few turn into Brady / Russell. Flacco was a very high pick. To me, I'm looking at guys that play in pro-systems if I am drafting them early. I just can't use an early pick on a spread offense guy.

Late round draft picks have very high failure rates. A lot of them get picked and very few turn into Brady / Russell. Flacco was a very high pick. To me, I'm looking at guys that play in pro-systems if I am drafting them early. I just can't use an early pick on a spread offense guy.

The only player I would be alright drafting is Conner Cook MSU, that's if he decides to enter.

Mariotta will be gone and Winston would have too many issues to go along with his INTs. I really hate to see them have to go QB this season. The 2016 draft would make the most sense, but Cutler may have forced the issue sooner. Time will tell which direction they go. One guy I think can get the most out of Cutler is Kyle Shanahan as HC. He has fiesty and comes from a good coaching tree Kubiak/his father which ties them to Jay and Brandon.

The only player I would be alright drafting is Conner Cook MSU, that's if he decides to enter.

Mariotta will be gone and Winston would have too many issues to go along with his INTs. I really hate to see them have to go QB this season. The 2016 draft would make the most sense, but Cutler may have forced the issue sooner. Time will tell which direction they go. One guy I think can get the most out of Cutler is Kyle Shanahan as HC. He has fiesty and comes from a good coaching tree Kubiak/his father which ties them to Jay and Brandon.

I have zero problem with Winston the QB. I think he's handsdown the best QB to come out since Luck from a pure skills perspective is worthy of being the top pick. The real question is how does he grade out from an intangible perspective, has he matured, what is the real story behind some of the issues, etc. Dude is the anti-Cutler when you look at his ability to win, make plays late, etc. Played in a pro offense and has handled absurd pressure.

I still don't think the writing is on the wall yet with Cutler. If the next coach thinks Jay can work in the short-term while the team builds up other areas, than I could see us drafting a QB in the 2nd / 3rd round territory and being a little patient. If we plan to move Jay, than I don't see any scenario where you don't take a QB very early. It isn't like we have some great in-house option. Fales probably isn't that guy either. He was drafted to play in Trestman's system so unless the next guy likes him, he's probably gone.

I still don't think the writing is on the wall yet with Cutler. If the next coach thinks Jay can work in the short-term while the team builds up other areas, than I could see us drafting a QB in the 2nd / 3rd round territory and being a little patient. If we plan to move Jay, than I don't see any scenario where you don't take a QB very early. It isn't like we have some great in-house option. Fales probably isn't that guy either. He was drafted to play in Trestman's system so unless the next guy likes him, he's probably gone.

Interestingly enough I'd agree with this. Something tells me that if Trestman goes away and another were to have a chance with Cutler maybe...just maybe he could prove me wrong. Truly, as much as I've banged on Cutler I would really like to see him succeed. Who knows, once Trestman is gone then some of the skeletons will come out of the closet and we'll hear what the real reasons why the team is as bad as it is. If the removal involves Emery, better yet.

But...if Clausen does come out for these last two games and do well, then I'll have to think twice.

Interestingly enough I'd agree with this. Something tells me that if Trestman goes away and another were to have a chance with Cutler maybe...just maybe he could prove me wrong. Truly, as much as I've banged on Cutler I would really like to see him succeed. Who knows, once Trestman is gone then some of the skeletons will come out of the closet and we'll hear what the real reasons why the team is as bad as it is. If the removal involves Emery, better yet.

But...if Clausen does come out for these last two games and do well, then I'll have to think twice.

Completely agree with you.

thats not going to happen, Clausen isnt very good.

thats not going to happen, Clausen isnt very good.

Neither was McCown before last year.

Neither was Clausen... 4 years ago when he last started.

But...anything is possible. And the question still has to be considered.

Am I convinced he's any better? No. Am I intrigued? Nother story.

Neither was McCown before last year.

Neither was Clausen... 4 years ago when he last started.

But...anything is possible. And the question still has to be considered.

Am I convinced he's any better? No. Am I intrigued? Nother story.

Just wanted to add the Car team jimmy started for sucked donkey dick.

The talent on that offense was horrid

Sorry - The best we can be is 6th. Hoping for a loss next week.

Peace :dabears

we need washington to win, we would then be tied if we lost , would we move up ahead of them?

winning could really screw up the draft, ATl, NO, Car, Min, St louis, NYG will all have 6 wins......

Chi(5-10)vs MN (6-9)

NYG(6-9) vs PHI

ATL(6-9) vs Car(6-8-1)

NO(6-9) vs Tam

ST(6-9) vs SEA

Was(4-11) vs DAL

we need washington to win, we would then be tied if we lost , would we move up ahead of them?

winning could really screw up the draft, ATl, NO, Car, Min, St louis, NYG will all have 6 wins......

Chi(5-10)vs MN (6-9)

NYG(6-9) vs PHI

ATL(6-9) vs Car(6-8-1)

NO(6-9) vs Tam

ST(6-9) vs SEA

Was(4-11) vs DAL

Their strength of schedule is weaker at this point, they would get the better pick.

Guys we are currently 7th, and due to SoS we can actually drop all the way to 11th with a win if all those other teams finish with 6 wins. STL is the only team that would finish after us if tied.

So we cannot win next week. We also can do no better than 7th because WAS has a worse SoS than us.

Guys we are currently 7th, and due to SoS we can actually drop all the way to 11th with a win if all those other teams finish with 6 wins. STL is the only team that would finish after us if tied.

So we cannot win next week. We also can do no better than 7th because WAS has a worse SoS than us.

We need ATL to win for sure..... We lost to NO and Car.....

What happens if we tie with Min

We need ATL to win for sure..... We lost to NO and Car.....

What happens if we tie with Min

Carolina is going to draft ahead of us regardless of next week's outcome. They would be 6-9-1 at worst. You're right about the first part, though. We need Atlanta to win and take the division as well as New Orleans to beat Tampa Bay in week 17. We'd be at #9 then. Hell, the way the Eagles are playing the Giants could pull an upset and finish 7-9, which means the Bears would go from #7 to #8 with a win. That's the best case scenario if we win..

A tie with Minny would keep us at #7 I believe since we'd still only have 5 wins.

Carolina is going to draft ahead of us regardless of next week's outcome. They would be 6-9-1 at worst. You're right about the first part, though. We need Atlanta to win and take the division as well as New Orleans to beat Tampa Bay in week 17.

If we lose how does Car draft ahead of us?

If we win and they lose,

Chi 6-10

Car 6-9-1

We have more losses, would we draft ahead of them?

Carolina is going to draft ahead of us regardless of next week's outcome. They would be 6-9-1 at worst. You're right about the first part, though. We need Atlanta to win and take the division as well as New Orleans to beat Tampa Bay in week 17. We'd be at #9 then. Hell, the way the Eagles are playing the Giants could pull an upset and finish 7-9, which means the Bears would go from #7 to #8 with a win. That's the best case scenario if we win..

A tie with Minny would keep us at #7 I believe since we'd still only have 5 wins.

I meant tie Minny with our record not next weeks game

I meant tie Minny with our record not next weeks game

Minnesota has a weaker strength of schedule so they would be ahead of us in the draft order. We gotta lose next week! Pissed me off that they choked away the game against Miami. It's almost like they are actively tanking out there. Damn near lost to the Jets too.