Rumor - Trestman and Kromer connected to Bucs OC

Guest TerraTor

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Marc and Lovie together? Lol

Not really that funny if you think of it. After watching both McCown and Clausen successfully run Trestmans offense with Lovies knack for defense...

Oh and they have the first pick in the draft. Where is Mariotta expected to go draft wise again?

See where the pieces fall. I predict wherever Trestman ends up will have one of the top offenses next year.

Not really that funny if you think of it. After watching both McCown and Clausen successfully run Trestmans offense with Lovies knack for defense...

Oh and they have the first pick in the draft. Where is Mariotta expected to go draft wise again?

See where the pieces fall. I predict wherever Trestman ends up will have one of the top offenses next year.

Plus, McCown is locked up for the year and succeeded in their offense last year.

Trestman will prolly be a good OC somewhere, he will never be a good HC.

Isnt his trend to be good the first year and suck the 2nd year.......

Lovie running the D (via HC) and Trestman running the O sounds like an outstanding opportunity to me. I suppose we'll have to see how it all plays out but the Lovie haters on this board might be sad.

Yeah, but Lovie won't let him run the defense with impunity. It will be a defense that fits into the overall scheme of the Lovie Smith team (i.e. Get a 3 point lead and start running the clock).

Clausen scored 3 less points than Cutler did against Detroit this season. You'd have to clarify your definition of "success" on that one. He looked competent. That's about it.

McCown was great last year but it was clearly an outlier.

And Trestman's history suggests that he won't last more than 2 years in Tampa if that's where he ends up. Year 1 is always great, followed by a disastrous year 2. He probably deserves a job as a QB coach, but I wouldn't hire him as an OC.

Clausen scored 3 less points than Cutler did against Detroit this season. You'd have to clarify your definition of "success" on that one. He looked competent. That's about it.

McCown was great last year but it was clearly an outlier.

And Trestman's history suggests that he won't last more than 2 years in Tampa if that's where he ends up. Year 1 is always great, followed by a disastrous year 2. He probably deserves a job as a QB coach, but I wouldn't hire him as an OC.

So how many drops by receivers were there again when Clausen was running the O? Jeffery had somethig like 8 himself. And the wicked bit late in the game on Clausen certainly didn't help.

The lynchpin for what ills Chicago is/was Cutler. And Emerys signing off on the long term. One of the two has been remedied.

So how many drops by receivers were there again when Clausen was running the O? Jeffery had somethig like 8 himself. And the wicked bit late in the game on Clausen certainly didn't help.

The lynchpin for what ills Chicago is/was Cutler. And Emerys signing off on the long term. One of the two has been remedied.

I'm not sure I understand your point. If the receivers had the dropsies when Clausen was in, then surely they had drops when Cutler was in.

I hope Trestman isn't running their defense.

True. I was just thinking like Lovie is all. I'm not even sure he can say offense.

Reporter: "So, Lovie, what are your offseason plans for the offense?"

Lovie: "I'll tell ya. We're planning on drafting to fill a hole. And we'll probably go DL in the first round. Mid rounds we'll grab a small school safety. OL in the 7th. That should do it."

I'm not sure I understand your point. If the receivers had the dropsies when Clausen was in, then surely they had drops when Cutler was in.

Nope. Did you see the last game against Detroit? Clausen was throwing everything; crossing routes, screens mid and some long range shots. Seems most, not all, were clearly drops. And what's more, very few "misreads" from the receivers. Which seemed to plague Cutler...somehow.

Actually they had a particularly bad game when Clausen started. I would assume it had something to do with the difference in delivery or something.

I'll leave the "Cutler is our QB" decision up to the new hire at HC. I'm sick of that argument, sick of Jay's inconsistency, sick of his lack of leadership and sick of the fact that he's paid like a top 5 QB and plays like it about 33% of the time. But if he's our best option next year I'll root for him just the same.

Nope. Did you see the last game against Detroit? Clausen was throwing everything; crossing routes, screens mid and some long range shots. Seems most, not all, were clearly drops. And what's more, very few "misreads" from the receivers. Which seemed to plague Cutler...somehow.

Yes. I saw that. And was curious as to why the offense seemed more in tune, but it's not like they blew up. He threw 39 times for 181 yards.

True. I was just thinking like Lovie is all. I'm not even sure he can say offense.

Reporter: "So, Lovie, what are your offseason plans for the offense?"

Lovie: "I'll tell ya. We're planning on drafting to fill a hole. And we'll probably go DL in the first round. Mid rounds we'll grab a small school safety. OL in the 7th. That should do it."

Aw cmon, aren't you going to give him credit for drafting Evans in round one and spending beaucoup bucks on Mankins?

Yes. I saw that. And was curious as to why the offense seemed more in tune, but it's not like they blew up. He threw 39 times for 181 yards.

Was that 39 times with X amount of drops or 39 total throws?

And interestingly enough Forte had a pretty good game against the #2 defense. Strange how that works when you have a balanced (and successful) attack.

I think it was more in tund because Clausen and McCown actually are able to run the offense as opposed to Jay.

Aw cmon, aren't you going to give him credit for drafting Evans in round one and spending beaucoup bucks on Mankins?

I know you're a Lovie supporter, but I honestly don't think Lovie is all that smart. I think he saw Brandon Marshall + Alshon Jeffrey and thought he should repeat it because it worked in Chicago. I don't think it was an original idea of his. He probably didn't do much talent evaluation other than "TALL WR+TALL WR=GOOD WRS!!" I just think he is a non-innovator, vanilla kind of guy with very minimal risk taking or ingenuity. He's a personnel manager more than a coach. He gets guys to play hard for him because they like him.

Logan Mankins? My best speculation is that Lovie probably wanted another defensive FA, and the Bucs management told him to choose between McCown and that FA. They probably told him he could have McCown, but they were going to use the FA money on Mankins...especially since that TE (Dwight) they had was a good trade piece after drafting Austin-Sef-Jenkins.

Was that 39 times with X amount of drops or 39 total throws?

And interestingly enough Forte had a pretty good game against the #2 defense. Strange how that works when you have a balanced (and successful) attack.

I think it was more in tund because Clausen and McCown actually are able to run the offense as opposed to Jay.

I think that's part right. I think Jay is capable, but he realizes it's probably not going to work when there is inferior OL talent, horrible D play, and atrocious ST play. I think he's an "all or nothing" kind of guy, who would rather try to go for it than lose a game 17-10 every other week while putting up 200 passing yards on 40 passes.

I know you're a Lovie supporter, but I honestly don't think Lovie is all that smart. I think he saw Brandon Marshall + Alshon Jeffrey and thought he should repeat it because it worked in Chicago. I don't think it was an original idea of his. He probably didn't do much talent evaluation other than "TALL WR+TALL WR=GOOD WRS!!" I just think he is a non-innovator, vanilla kind of guy with very minimal risk taking or ingenuity. He's a personnel manager more than a coach. He gets guys to play hard for him because they like him.

Logan Mankins? My best speculation is that Lovie probably wanted another defensive FA, and the Bucs management told him to choose between McCown and that FA. They probably told him he could have McCown, but they were going to use the FA money on Mankins...especially since that TE (Dwight) they had was a good trade piece after drafting Austin-Sef-Jenkins.

Yes as I've said before, I love me some Lovie.

All I can say is that when he was let go the team was 10-6. Since then??? Well.