Rumor: John Fox To Coach Bears

DABEARSDABOMB

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 4m4 minutes ago

#Bears are set to hire John Fox as the next coach, source confirms. He’s already making preparations for taking it (as @JasonPhilCole said)

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 2m2 minutes ago

#Bears zeroed in on John Fox from the start, but GM Ryan Pace kept his options open until this morning. In talks with Fox now, as ESPN said

Adam Jahns ‏@adamjahns 2m2 minutes ago Chicago, IL

Team source confirms that negotiations are going on between #Bears and John Fox. At this point, it's fully expected to get done.

David Haugh ‏@DavidHaugh 49s49 seconds ago

Source confirms Bears, John Fox deep in negotiations to become next head coach and discussions have been on schedule, in positive direction.

Jeff Dickerson ‏@ESPNChiBears 8s8 seconds ago

3 good names to consider for Fox's defensive coordinator: Dennis Allen, Mike Nolan & Mike Smith. #Bears

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 4m4 minutes ago

#Bears are set to hire John Fox as the next coach, source confirms. He’s already making preparations for taking it (as @JasonPhilCole said)

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 2m2 minutes ago

#Bears zeroed in on John Fox from the start, but GM Ryan Pace kept his options open until this morning. In talks with Fox now, as ESPN said

Adam Jahns ‏@adamjahns 2m2 minutes ago Chicago, IL

Team source confirms that negotiations are going on between #Bears and John Fox. At this point, it's fully expected to get done.

David Haugh ‏@DavidHaugh 49s49 seconds ago

Source confirms Bears, John Fox deep in negotiations to become next head coach and discussions have been on schedule, in positive direction.

Jeff Dickerson ‏@ESPNChiBears 8s8 seconds ago

3 good names to consider for Fox's defensive coordinator: Dennis Allen, Mike Nolan & Mike Smith. #Bears

Woo Hoo, and thanks for the original scoop (2 for 2).

Jay Glazer ‏@JayGlazer 12m12 minutes ago

Just spoke to John Fox, still trying to hammer out an agreement with Bears. Incredibly excited to get this done

Adam, FWIW your new Avatar is radical! I like!

:headbang

Thanks, saw it on Twitter, instant classic.

Thinking about this from Fox's perspective, we had to either offer him a ton of cash or something was appealing enough to take the position that quick. Hopefully it was Pace's vision and direction of the team. That would be refreshing. Any news on where Emery is going next?

Of all our coaching hires, is Fox the most seasoned coach we have ever signed? All the previous ones dating back to Armstrong and Pardee seem to all be coordinators or assistants.

Thinking about this from Fox's perspective, we had to either offer him a ton of cash or something was appealing enough to take the position that quick. Hopefully it was Pace's vision and direction of the team. That would be refreshing. Any news on where Emery is going next?

Of all our coaching hires, is Fox the most seasoned coach we have ever signed? All the previous ones dating back to Armstrong and Pardee seem to all be coordinators or assistants.

All he needs are some aviator sunglasses and he's set.

Concerning Fox, I'm thinking it was the combination of the recent sting and separation from Elway and the Broncs and the opportunity with a new GM here in Chicago. Time and again over the last week or so I've seen several analysts say that Fox is the perfect fit for a team like the Bears. In that they are sorta picking up the pieces (I wouldn't say rebuilding) and getting folks in the way of asst. coordinators that can make a turnaround. I get the impression that Fox is that type of guy, someone who is a good mentor for younger folks. Players like to play for him, coaches like to coach for him and maybe our new GM can learn a few things from him in respect to his experience.

All he needs are some aviator sunglasses and he's set.

Concerning Fox, I'm thinking it was the combination of the recent sting and separation from Elway and the Broncs and the opportunity with a new GM here in Chicago. Time and again over the last week or so I've seen several analysts say that Fox is the perfect fit for a team like the Bears. In that they are sorta picking up the pieces (I wouldn't say rebuilding) and getting folks in the way of asst. coordinators that can make a turnaround. I get the impression that Fox is that type of guy, someone who is a good mentor for younger folks. Players like to play for him, coaches like to coach for him and maybe our new GM can learn a few things from him in respect to his experience.

I just hate the detractors talking about how Fox is only good because Peyton Manning, then the same could be said about Dungy, etc. In a way Manning was the reason why Fox lost. I thought his run with Tebow was amazing. He completely revamped the scheme and game plan to maximize the strengths of his players. If he did that with our team, we are 3-4 games better instantly.

back in Chi-town:

B7flSg0IMAAkjx0.jpg

He's the first coach with previous NFL head coaching experience hired since Halas left.

I just hate the detractors talking about how Fox is only good because Peyton Manning, then the same could be said about Dungy, etc. In a way Manning was the reason why Fox lost. I thought his run with Tebow was amazing. He completely revamped the scheme and game plan to maximize the strengths of his players. If he did that with our team, we are 3-4 games better instantly.

And for the record I don't mean to be a "detractor", I was simply pointing out facts. Those facts werent meant to be negative or anything just throwing them out there.

back in Chi-town:

B7flSg0IMAAkjx0.jpg

Nah, he's taken two teams to the Super Bowl. Regardless, he didn't have Peyton during the run with Carolina. And I'd agree, to some extent Manning was somewhat responsible for the falloff this year and last. In fact the last two years with Denver are very similar to the last two years that Peyton played for the Colts (Loss in 2009 SB to NO and Loss in WC round in 2010). Granted his last year (2011) he actually didn't play at all.

Charley Casserly made a comment this morning that I found interesting. He said that Fox is more a defensive minded coach and 'sorta got away from it these last few years in Denver'. So his thought was that this would be a perfect opportunity for him to put a stamp on Chicago's defense and get it back to the respectability it's known for.