Rumor: John Fox To Coach Bears

DABEARSDABOMB

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm assuming John Fox will be announced as the new head coach by noon today. I think he went home, made some calls to locate his OC and DC as all assistants will be in high demand soon. Del Rio will likely try to bring Gase over to Oakland as well. They may simply be fighting for his services at this point.

This is the age of cell phones. text messages and social media. There was no need for him to fly home if its a done deal. The pessimist in me is thinking Dave McGinnis.He should have eveery one he needs already programmed in his phone. I think Marrone or another candidate is lurking in the water.

Wouldn't be the worst thing in the world if they liked what they heard in his first interview.

I think given the circumstances yes it very nearly could be the worst. 'What if' it's true that the Seahawks D is more the result of Carroll's scheme than Quinn (haven't we already had enough of rookie NFL head coaches?). 'What if' he doesn't want to go to the Bears and by the time the Bears realize it Fox is gone too?

Sure there is the distinct possibility that Fox isn't who they want but I have a hard time believing (or more accurately, accepting) the idea they are waiting. Pace is making some big choices and he can't afford to screw up.

I think given the circumstances yes it very nearly could be the worst. 'What if' it's true that the Seahawks D is more the result of Carroll's scheme than Quinn (haven't we already had enough of rookie NFL head coaches?). 'What if' he doesn't want to go to the Bears and by the time the Bears realize it Fox is gone too?

Sure there is the distinct possibility that Fox isn't who they want but I have a hard time believing (or more accurately, accepting) the idea they are waiting. Pace is making some big choices and he can't afford to screw up.

We all want them to hire who they believe is the best candidate right? Had they not already interviewed Quinn, then yes, it would be a mistake, but if they legit think hes the next big thing then its not the worst.

It will no doubt be precieved as risky on paper though, I can't deny that....I'm not saying Im in favor of this, I've come around on Fox, simply saying its not the worst idea in the world.

Still not official yet. This is based upon one text message that Jason Cole of Bleacherreport received from an NFL exec. Once Jay Glazer, Fox's close friend, confirms, than I think we know it is a done deal.

yeah I just searched twitter and there is nothing official yet.

Im hoping it will get done today!!!!

Remember that Atlanta job is still looming large out there. Not that I've heard or seen anything about Fox even interviewing there. Just a thought....

Would appear he isn't interested in Atlanta. It would make sense too, given the fact that a vet coach probably knows better than to take a job where the GM's job isn't exactly safe.

B&B just said "they (the Bears) are already at the point where they are trying to get something (talking about a press conferenced) together". B&B went on to say press conference is either Friday or Tuesday (w/MLK being on Monday). B&B further said Fox is in Denver working on assembling his staff (presumably talking to some of the current Denver assistants).

Lol people are gonna love that last part. I of course am alright with it as long as we protect him.

Being one of the louder Cutler naysayers, I'm ok with it too. Mostly because of the money he's owed AND there really is no one else out there with the potential 'ceiling' that he has. I don't really buy in on the "protection" that you mention but we can agree to disagree on that part.

Cutler needs a lot of coaching still. Is Kyle Shanahan someone that could figure it out? Possibly. I actually don't think that Trestman couldn't figure it out its just that he had a lot of other things going on as HC that precluded him from concentrating on Jay.