Rumor: John Fox To Coach Bears

DABEARSDABOMB

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

B&B just said "they (the Bears) are already at the point where they are trying to get something (talking about a press conferenced) together". B&B went on to say press conference is either Friday or Tuesday (w/MLK being on Monday). B&B further said Fox is in Denver working on assembling his staff (presumably talking to some of the current Denver assistants).

So why the delay in announcing I wonder? It's not like the Bears or Broncos would be distracted in their preparations for the playoffs.

This is the age of cell phones. text messages and social media. There was no need for him to fly home if its a done deal. The pessimist in me is thinking Dave McGinnis.He should have eveery one he needs already programmed in his phone. I think Marrone or another candidate is lurking in the water.

True but Gase has several options as either OC, and possibly still as a HC. If I were in a similar situation as Gase, and I know you made a special trip back just to talk to me instead of making a phone call that tells me how high a priority I am on your list.

True but Gase has several options as either OC, and possibly still as a HC. If I were in a similar situation as Gase, and I know you made a special trip back just to talk to me instead of making a phone call that tells me how high a priority I am on your list.

Exactly. I think in-person stuff can be critical.

Lol people are gonna love that last part. I of course am alright with it as long as we protect him.

Lol, I'm going to wait it out see if Fox is even hired and if he brings Shanahan on before I blow my top on that.

I'd be more worried about his Shannahan's talent. If his name was Kyle Tucker, I don't think as many ppl would be clamoring over a OC that was in the bottom third of the league 4 out of 6 years he coached. I'd be worried about the reports that came out of Washington after he left there about the kind of guy he was. I'd worry more about him leaving Cleveland after one year and why.

Lol, I'm going to wait it out see if Fox is even hired and if he brings Shanahan on before I blow my top on that.

I'd be more worried about his Shannahan's talent. If his name was Kyle Tucker, I don't think as many ppl would be clamoring over a OC that was in the bottom third of the league 4 out of 6 years he coached. I'd be worried about the reports that came out of Washington after he left there about the kind of guy he was. I'd worry more about him leaving Cleveland after one year and why.

FWIW, his offenses have finished in the top 10 in yards 4 of 7 years, so they can at least move the ball. With the big targets we have here perhaps those yards turn into points more often than not.

I could see his reason for leaving Cleveland is not wanting his name associated with Johnny Manziel who I think is gonna be a joke no matter who the coordinater is. I know if I was an OC, who has gotten HC buzz mind you, I wouldn't wanna hurt my stock working with a guy who I think will be a lost cause. With Johnny and Josh Gordon, that has circus written all over it.

Speaking of circuses...how bout that redskins organazation.

FWIW, his offenses have finished in the top 10 in yards 4 of 7 years, so they can at least move the ball. With the big targets we have here perhaps those yards turn into points more often than not.

I could see his reason for leaving Cleveland is not wanting his name associated with Johnny Manziel who I think is gonna be a joke no matter who the coordinater is. I know if I was an OC, who has gotten HC buzz mind you, I wouldn't wanna hurt my stock working with a guy who I think will be a lost cause. With Johnny and Josh Gordon, that has circus written all over it.

True. I think there was something the effect that ownership and management (including coaches) were on different pages when it came to Manziel. Hence why the mess at the end of the year. Not really knowing much about K. Shannahan I would have to agree that he does produce.

In both situations (previously at Washington and more recently at Cleveland) he definitely dealt with some high profile low production players in RGIII and Manziel.

Speaking of circuses...how bout that redskins organazation.

3 of 6 years, he didn't call plays in 2008, Kubiak did. Half his years in the top ten, but yards don't matter, points do. He was in the bottom 10 in points 4 of 6 years he coached.

If his name was Kyle Tucker, he would never be mentioned as a HC candidate due to his resume. I don't think he will ever be one in the NFL honestly.

3 of 6 years, he didn't call plays in 2008, Kubiak did. Half his years in the top ten, but yards don't matter, points do. He was in the bottom 10 in points 4 of 6 years he coached.

If his name was Kyle Tucker, he would never be mentioned as a HC candidate due to his resume. I don't think he will ever be one in the NFL honestly.

TD your avatar sig is outstanding the Sanford and Son Episode featuring Della Reese is priceless.

I have mixed feelings about Shannahan as OC considering he worked with two of the most over hyped young QBs in the NFL. The problem is he was on the staff in Denver when Cutler was there and leads me to believe that he couldn't correct his flaws when he was younger and it won't happen now. So if Kyle Shannahan is your choice then you bring him in with the Idea that he is going to be your choice to get this offense going moving forward.

TD your avatar sig is outstanding the Sanford and Son Episode featuring Della Reese is priceless.

I have mixed feelings about Shannahan as OC considering he worked with two of the most over hyped young QBs in the NFL. The problem is he was on the staff in Denver when Cutler was there and leads me to believe that he couldn't correct his flaws when he was younger and it won't happen now. So if Kyle Shannahan is your choice then you bring him in with the Idea that he is going to be your choice to get this offense going moving forward.

Kyle wasn't on that Denver staff, that was his pops.

Pops utilized him differently than what we saw here for the most part, rolling him out quite a bit which is something that needed to be done here.

Jays best year he was sacked just 11 times, 1.8 percent of the time, and he reponded with a pro bowl year. That's where I get off in saying that I think Jay can be a good QB with better protection.

I think Pace just went to Denver to get high. He was depressed that Mel Tucker gave Fox a bad review, when he had Tucker interview Fox.

Thanks Lemonej, I've always been a big fan of Redd Foxx and Sandford and Son. It'd be awesome if when they introduced John Fox, if Sanford & Son's them played, and he faked a heart attack.

I think Pace just went to Denver to get high. He was depressed that Mel Tucker gave Fox a bad review, when he had Tucker interview Fox.

Thanks Lemonej, I've always been a big fan of Redd Foxx and Sandford and Son. It'd be awesome if when they introduced John Fox, if Sanford & Son's them played, and he faked a heart attack.

Elizabeth! It's the big one. I'm coming to join you honey! Lol

This is the biggest decision in Ryan Pace's career to date. I expect him to take his time with this. He has only been on the job a week. We all need to cut him some slack. It will be done sometime next week.

Peace :dabears

With the Dave McGinnis debacle still fresh on most of our minds and the recent report that Kubiak may now interview for the Denver HC job (only a few days after telling Chicago no thanks) you can understand the apprehension.

With the Dave McGinnis debacle still fresh on most of our minds and the recent report that Kubiak may now interview for the Denver HC job (only a few days after telling Chicago no thanks) you can understand the apprehension.

Yep, I'm very disappointed this isn't 100% done yet. It was like the best coach available fell in our laps, he wanted the job and the Bears still couldn't get it done.

I'm not writing it off yet but if they can't close this deal, it'll be a huge black eye for the organization. And they don't have any spare eyes left these days.

The Bears have been very tight lipped about the whole GM hiring and now the HC. Everyone thought it was Ballard....Then boom its Ryan Pace......Now everyone thinks its Fox........George threw us a curve ball with Pace, will Pace throw us a curve ball.

Who knows maybe one of the other interviews blew Pace and Company away....... The Chicago media latched onto Fox as the guy because it makes sense.....Ballard made sense.......

Having said that, I still would like Fox to be hired asap!!!!!