Deflategate

Alaskan Grizzly

PED's puts a stain on a sport ie cycling and baseball. I think saying that the PSI infraction puts a stain on football is overboard. Its a minor infraction, hell it wasn't even that big enough of a deal to put in the rule book until 2008, whats that tell you about how important it is??

If Tom Brady used PED'S or strapped a jet pack to his throwing arm I could see it bettering his career/ winning more games. The fact is this TOM BRADY IS TOM BRADY WITH AN UNDERINFLATED, OVERINFLATED, INFLATED JUST RIGHT, BALL.

My point has already been proven by the second half of the INDY game and the Superbowl.

IF this was the Bears that got caught doing this I wonder how big a deal it would be to you guys that are upset about this.

Perfect example the Falcons got caught pumping music into their stadium on game day to create a louder home field advantage, do you see the media FREAKING out? Was it a stain on Football?????? This is only a big deal because its the Patriots. They have won more in the last 15 years than anyone else.

This example you give about Atlanta was actually talked about during Bill Polian's bit I mentioned earlier. What he said, and I agree with, was that in the instance of both Atlanta AND Cleveland (texting) they admitted to what they did wrong when confronted. The difference with NE is not only did 'they' (Brady) deny it, they lied about it.

And if it wasn't important enough to make an infraction until 2008, why do it at all?

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This example you give about Atlanta was actually talked about during Bill Polian's bit I mentioned earlier. What he said, and I agree with, was that in the instance of both Atlanta AND Cleveland (texting) they admitted to what they did wrong when confronted. The difference with NE is not only did 'they' (Brady) deny it, they lied about it.

And if it wasn't important enough to make an infraction until 2008, why do it at all?

I agree with you if Tom Brady told them to do it he should have came fwd and admitted it.

I think there should be a rule in place, there should be a set standard for the ball, there are 32 teams playing every Sunday, they should all be in the same range set by the NFL. Freaking out about it and making it out like Tom Brady somehow changed the outcome of games because of 1 pound of PSI is overboard. If he gets suspended I will think that its overboard.

Remember the Pats have been caught doing some shady stuff in the past, this is Tom Brady's first questionable action ever.......Unless I missed him doing something else.

Fine him $500,000, not that he would care about the money, his smoking hot wife makes more then he does. At Least the NFL is sending a message that any rules infraction will be punished.

I agree with you if Tom Brady told them to do it he should have came fwd and admitted it.

I think there should be a rule in place, there should be a set standard for the ball, there are 32 teams playing every Sunday, they should all be in the same range set by the NFL. Freaking out about it and making it out like Tom Brady somehow changed the outcome of games because of 1 pound of PSI is overboard. If he gets suspended I will think that its overboard.

Remember the Pats have been caught doing some shady stuff in the past, this is Tom Brady's first questionable action ever.......Unless I missed him doing something else.

Fine him $500,000, not that he would care about the money, his smoking hot wife makes more then he does. At Least the NFL is sending a message that any rules infraction will be punished.

What bothers me is the equipment guys are going to be the new Monica Lewinsky. They did not sign up for the negative publicity that comes from all of this while Tom gets to go home with Giselle. Hopefully, they saved their stained garments. (Metaphor) In that case, they'll be well taken care of for their silence/loyalty.

1. No, but they got caught. And have shown a history of violating league policy.

2. It's not the wells report, but there was some report of statistical analysis that showed the league info on funbles at home/etc, and the Pats were shown to have a percentage so far below average. Wish I had it, but I don't. But it's been reported on a lot of sports talk stations in LA. I can't answer the weather thing, I'm not a scientist. But from what I heard, a majority of scientists including the ones in the Wells reports don't think the underinflation was solely due to the weather.

3. Not sure where that comment has any connection to my third point at all. We are talking about the Pats. What other teams do is irrelevant. Just because Bob steals a ring and doesn't get caught, doesn't mean Jimmy, who also steals a ring and gets caught, shouldn't have to pay his dues.

4. Again, we're not talking about the Steelers, Chargers, Colts Giants or Jets...we talking about the Pats. They got caught, They lied, they need to pay their dues.

5. The defendant wouldn't do anything odd to the balls unles instructed. And that would either be by Brday, or by a high enough level coaching staff to mess with their most important player's equipment. COuld happen once that the ball boy F's with it to either help or hurt Brday to make a point. Possible, yes. Probable, no.

...and no, the Wells report is not speculation. Speculation is people thinking there's something in Area 51. The report spells out that it is probable that this happened. That means, most likely. This is not a murder trial, where that level of guilt isn't enough. This is a lower level crime (against a rule book).

The bottom line is rules were broken, caught to the level needed by the private company making the rules, and the company should level whatever punishment they feel fits the crime. Due to collective baragaining, the union should be able to 1/2 that penalty as they've done countless time in the past.

I think Brady ultimately gets 2 games. NFL might levy 4 games, and the union drops it to 2.

I find the faux outrage extremely entertaining. With all the other questionable things players are doing in the NFL (PEDs, drugs, assault, DUIs, guns, theft, murder etc), this is the one thing 73% of the football world is incensed about. I also think is is incredibly naive to think that this is the person or team doing these things. I understand the mob mentality when people go after the top teams or players in a sport. The Cowboys were hated during their run. The Yankees for many years were accused for buying championships for all those glory years...now the Patriots have been very successful for the last 15 years and people are sick of it. I get it but the outrage is a little silly at this point.

1. We all agree this didn't make a difference in the Indy game. Did it in the Raven's on prior? That game was really close. How about others? This wasn't a lone incident just in the Inday game.

the colts were down by a 8 points at halftime. this is the pitfall of cheating.... what IF.

the colts were ahead by halftime? what IF brady had fumbled leading to a colt score or two in the first half? what IF brady's accuracy was not as good because of the deflation leading to more punts instead of TD's? what IF the receivers or RB's had fumbled? what IF the colts had more TOP due to any of those events?

would the second half have turned out the same due to strategy if the colts had the lead going into the second half? not a single human on earth could accurately predict they would have.

as you stated... what about the ravens outcome? were there any differences in scores or opportunities to score?

what IF the pats would not have made the playoffs because of regular season losses? what IF the pats didn't have home field advantage?

it can NEVER be determined how the outcome of the season would have turned out if they did not cheat.

and for all who believe 1-2 PSI makes no difference... then WHY do it? why risk the chance of exactly what happened occurring for nothing?

the colts were down by a 8 points at halftime. this is the pitfall of cheating.... what IF.

the colts were ahead by halftime? what IF brady had fumbled leading to a colt score or two in the first half? what IF brady's accuracy was not as good because of the deflation leading to more punts instead of TD's? what IF the receivers or RB's had fumbled? what IF the colts had more TOP due to any of those events?

would the second half have turned out the same due to strategy if the colts had the lead going into the second half? not a single human on earth could accurately predict they would have.

as you stated... what about the ravens outcome? were there any differences in scores or opportunities to score?

what IF the pats would not have made the playoffs because of regular season losses? what IF the pats didn't have home field advantage?

it can NEVER be determined how the outcome of the season would have turned out if they did not cheat.

and for all who believe 1-2 PSI makes no difference... then WHY do it? why risk the chance of exactly what happened occurring for nothing?

Tom Brady is Tom Brady with a under inflated ball or over inflated or inflated perfectly ball.

Actually I think I just figured out why Rex Grossman sucked, he never played with a under inflated football. OMG we could have won the SB if he had just taken some PSI out of the football.

I mean think about it, he had small hands. This could have saved his career. Maybe Rashan Salaam wouldnt have fumbled so much, I know he blamed smoking weed but I think it was because the ball was not under inflated.

What bothers me is the equipment guys are going to be the new Monica Lewinsky. They did not sign up for the negative publicity that comes from all of this while Tom gets to go home with Giselle. Hopefully, they saved their stained garments. (Metaphor) In that case, they'll be well taken care of for their silence/loyalty.

Have they been fired or let go? I'm sure these guys loved doing what they did. Being on the field for every home game, up close seeing and hearing everything that goes on during a game must be a really cool experience.

Tom Brady is Tom Brady with a under inflated ball or over inflated or inflated perfectly ball.

Actually I think I just figured out why Rex Grossman sucked, he never played with a under inflated football. OMG we could have won the SB if he had just taken some PSI out of the football.

I mean think about it, he had small hands. This could have saved his career. Maybe Rashan Salaam wouldnt have fumbled so much, I know he blamed smoking weed but I think it was because the ball was not under inflated.

cheating in sports obviously doesn't matter or even bother you at all. so, i have an idea...

why don't you make a complete list of the NFL rules you think should or could be ignored or circumvented by tom brady, the patriots or what ever other team you follow and post them here for us all. i could use a good laugh.

cheating in sports obviously doesn't matter or even bother you at all. so, i have an idea...

why don't you make a complete list of the NFL rules you think should or could be ignored or circumvented by tom brady, the patriots or what ever other team you follow and post them here for us all. i could use a good laugh.

Sure the deflated ball didn't help the Patriots beat the Colts, but the game before against the Ravens was a 3 point difference. Having a small advantage as getting a better grip on a football on a freezing cold game could give an advantage. Rules are always pushed to the limits, like speeding, if you get caught expect to receive a ticket.

Have they been fired or let go? I'm sure these guys loved doing what they did. Being on the field for every home game, up close seeing and hearing everything that goes on during a game must be a really cool experience.

No, but they are under constant scrutiny that they dud not sign up for. Obviously they rode a high just by by being in Brady's circle. Do you honestly think Brady would give them the time of day otherwise? I simply hope they are being taken care of. They made their choice, but did they really have one?

Had this been an isolated event, perhaps. But as LL pointed out, this is not the first time that the Patriots (as a whole or members within) have been linked to some unfair advantage. If Brady went rogue and chose to influence the equipment managers to customize the footballs to his liking that could even be considered separately. But taken as a whole; with the managers obviously knowing they did it, with Brady being Ok with it, at least as the investigation portrays it, and the arrogance that Kraft exhibits by trying to demand an apology then and now is simply inexcusable. Throw in the fact that as part of the investigation Brady, through his agent, refused to turn over his cell phone (texts) to the investigator. Then after the investigation is over calls the investigation sloppy shows his arrogance has no limit.

As harsh as LL's recommendations may seem, I'd have to agree that they at least entertain most of his suggestions.

Maybe as a piece of a larger issue, I'm fine with the deflategate being thrown in. It's jaywalking on a murderer's rap sheet. Otherwise, however, it's not really substantial enough for all the fuss it's raised.

this is paramount: there are REASONS that there are rules in sporting events. initially there are set guidelines as to how the sport is played. other than the initial concept and standards, when problems arise in sports it is 'usually' due to problems of one team/contestant unfairly taking advantage of another OR for safety reasons. thus all teams/contestants have SET standards, rules, they MUST abide by. otherwise it is not a true sport but an exhibition of no significant importance.

as an official of the sport this should be of utmost importance to you or anyone else who regulates a true sporting event. in 'most' instances there are NO gray areas, or should NOT be, in how you perform your duties in this capacity. unless they are 'judgement calls' by an official there should be no debate.

Most calls are judgement calls.

even then the rules, if they are unclear, should be defined by the league to eliminate or at the very LEAST minimize judgement calls that can effect the outcome of play in the NFL. the perfect example is your "holding call". the NFL has at this point changed the rules and left many game changing calls like this and pass interference so vague that it leaves no set boundaries. in other words an official can be 'right OR wrong' on nearly every call thus leaving the game open for abuse by corrupt or bad officiating.

Quite the contrary. The rules are very specific, verbose even, and the officials have whittled it down even further in their own mechanics and guidelines. Trust me - the guys who are "wrong" are graded as such, and they don't stick around a long time if they continue to be wrong.

next: you mentioned there is no difference in a game ball that is light 1 or 2 pounds of air. although i have no official NFL football to compare i still disagree. if there is no difference then HOW were they discovered during a game by an opponent?

I can't convince you. I'm telling you it's almost imperceptible. And it's funny because I had an Arena game recently where the visiting coach complained about the PSI level of the balls. He thought they were over-inflated. I told him I'd look into it while thinking of rolling my eyes. Guess what? The balls almost all fell within the appropriate range, some a tiny bit more, some a tiny bit less. If I had juggled them and then tossed one back, you couldn't have told the difference. That room full of officials with roughly 50 years experience combined couldn't tell, and multiple are in major college BCS officiating.

one PSI is over 8% of the total minimum inflation of an NFL regulation football standard. TWO PSI is nearly 17% deflation.

This I can't speak to, but it doesn't sound right. I don't know the weights/measurements of all that. What I do know is the gauge we use is similar to one you use on a bicycle tire or something like that. You can't tell unless it's probably 2+PSI difference.

i also will ask you (as you have stated you are a collegiate official) what is the size and weight difference between a regulation NFL football vs. a collegiate game ball? unless there are changes in the rules lately i 'believe' the size and weight are different, the NFL ball being larger and/or heavier.

I don't really know. I'd have to do more research into the specifics of an NFL football. I could copy/paste that section out of the NCAA rulebook though.

There's a lot more to the story than your HS football experience portrays. As someone else pointed out this puts a stain on the sport of football overall, not just whether they played with underinflated footballs. Football nowadays at the professional level is measured by seconds and sometimes millimeters. Not like it used to be. And if someone can get that advantage to better their career, and break the rules in doing it, then what's to say the next person won't try and 'one-up' them? Those of us with a traditionalist view on this are sorta pissed.

It's kind of a double-edged sword. Traditional is probably not the right word, because there has been cheating in sports since the first two cavemen raced. More appropriate is something like "strict interpretationist". In that regard, sure, the cheating goes against everything you hold close (even though there has been cheating since the first game of the NFL). But on the other hand, that same old-fashioned values, no nonsense line of reason aligns with the comments against your point. Old timers who played the game feel disrespected about cheating, but there is no way they blame the ball for a loss. A good craftsman never blames his tools, and to get up in arms about just the deflategate issue contradicts the "traditionalist" view of things just as much as it supports that view-point.

You need a good laugh just read your post of what if's. I have already stated that I think they should be punished, agree that there should be a rule for psi. I do believe that if Tom Brady told them to deflate the balls then he is dead wrong and was trying to cheat. There has been reports that Tom Brady may be suspended anywhere from 1 to 16 games. Anything more than 1 game would be overboard in my opinion.

I dont agree with the notion that the psi of a football can change the outcome of a game, improve a players performance as some have suggested.

From Jason's post

I can't convince you. I'm telling you it's almost imperceptible. And it's funny because I had an Arena game recently where the visiting coach complained about the PSI level of the balls. He thought they were over-inflated. I told him I'd look into it while thinking of rolling my eyes. Guess what? The balls almost all fell within the appropriate range, some a tiny bit more, some a tiny bit less. If I had juggled them and then tossed one back, you couldn't have told the difference. That room full of officials with roughly 50 years experience combined couldn't tell, and multiple are in major college BCS officiating.

This is a perfect example of why I am saying this really isnt a big deal. It is a big deal IF Tom Brady made them do it, i get that.

You need a good laugh just read your post of what if's. I have already stated that I think they should be punished, agree that there should be a rule for psi. I do believe that if Tom Brady told them to deflate the balls then he is dead wrong and was trying to cheat. There has been reports that Tom Brady may be suspended anywhere from 1 to 16 games. Anything more than 1 game would be overboard in my opinion.

I dont agree with the notion that the psi of a football can change the outcome of a game, improve a players performance as some have suggested.

1. this is what cheating gives you. the what IF's, the COULD BE's or the POSSIBILITIES. the what IF's i stated are an extreme hypothesis and in estimation 'may' not be 'probable' in this instance. but... can you with 100% certainty say it was not possible? or possible in any other games since 2006?

if that is laughable to you then C'est la vie.

2. tom brady and payton manning were the 2 qb's who got the rules changed in the NFL rulebooks on game balls in 2006. tom brady and every NFL quarterback today knows exactly what these rules are. this inflation and game ball controversy has been going on for quite some time prior to the colts game. that said:

you or the average layman may see no change in a players performance in this instance, but...

IF 1-2 PSI makes NO difference in performance for TOM BRADY, then why covertly change them from regulation inflation? if there is no advantage to HIM or the patriots then why do it?

is he criminally insane or is it ingrained in him to cheat EVEN if there is no advantage in doing so?

It's kind of a double-edged sword. Traditional is probably not the right word, because there has been cheating in sports since the first two cavemen raced. More appropriate is something like "strict interpretationist". In that regard, sure, the cheating goes against everything you hold close (even though there has been cheating since the first game of the NFL). But on the other hand, that same old-fashioned values, no nonsense line of reason aligns with the comments against your point. Old timers who played the game feel disrespected about cheating, but there is no way they blame the ball for a loss. A good craftsman never blames his tools, and to get up in arms about just the deflategate issue contradicts the "traditionalist" view of things just as much as it supports that view-point.

Really? You're going to take issue with our difference in the definition (understanding) of a word?

Point being, I consider myself a traditionalist in the sense that there are too many rules in the game. So much so that one like this, as simple as it is, is broken to give a team that appears to do well with habit. But seems to find itself at the center of yet another controversy despite the simpleness of it all. All I want to do is watch football and know that most of the players are playing the game to its purest form. And when a leader of a team is faced with a controversy, rather than take the cowardly route of deny and deflect. Own it.

It's kind of a double-edged sword. Traditional is probably not the right word, because there has been cheating in sports since the first two cavemen raced. More appropriate is something like "strict interpretationist". In that regard, sure, the cheating goes against everything you hold close (even though there has been cheating since the first game of the NFL).

how do you know this to be true?

there is a great difference between doing something that is not in the rules to take advantage of an opponent and willfully breaking the existing rules to gain that advantage.

But on the other hand, that same old-fashioned values, no nonsense line of reason aligns with the comments against your point. Old timers who played the game feel disrespected about cheating, but there is no way they blame the ball for a loss. A good craftsman never blames his tools, and to get up in arms about just the deflategate issue contradicts the "traditionalist" view of things just as much as it supports that view-point.

first: the "old timers" did NOT have this as one of the rules in the NFL rule book to my knowledge. it may have been a standard of practice but was not written in stone. rule revisions or new rules are generally made because of an unfair advantage. this does not make the prior participants that played before the rule was written cheaters.

second: your point about a craftsman never blaming his tools... nothing could be further from the truth. if you are a mechanic and use a torque wrench made of typical chinese landfill quality and the parts on your car fall off or fail because the settings are incorrect or inaccurate as the result of an inferior tool, believe me you will hear them blaming the tool til doomsday.

the same holds true in wood working craftsmanship. if you use a former quality named tool that now makes garbage in china and all your cuts or measurements are off be prepared for one hell of a lot of finger pointing and blame.

1. this is what cheating gives you. the what IF's, the COULD BE's or the POSSIBILITIES. the what IF's i stated are an extreme hypothesis and in estimation 'may' not be 'probable' in this instance. but... can you with 100% certainty say it was not possible? or possible in any other games since 2006?

if that is laughable to you then C'est la vie.

2. tom brady and payton manning were the 2 qb's who got the rules changed in the NFL rulebooks on game balls in 2006. tom brady and every NFL quarterback today knows exactly what these rules are. this inflation and game ball controversy has been going on for quite some time prior to the colts game. that said:

you or the average layman may see no change in a players performance in this instance, but...

IF 1-2 PSI makes NO difference in performance for TOM BRADY, then why covertly change them from regulation inflation? if there is no advantage to HIM or the patriots then why do it?

is he criminally insane or is it ingrained in him to cheat EVEN if there is no advantage in doing so?

Let me state this CLEARLY = If Tom Brady made those guys deflate the balls then I think less of him and think it was cheating. He would be wrong for it.

The rest of this post it only talking about the notion that Tom Brady gets an advantage or somehow becomes better

I imagine that Tom Brady prefers a softer ball that's it, it doesn't mean he performs better. He clearly used a 12.5 inflated ball in the 2nd half of the Colts game and looked like Tom Brady. Aaron Rodgers has stated that he prefers a overinflated ball. He still has to use a 12.5 ball, does Rodgers look or perform any worse with the 12.5 psi ball???

Before the PSI rule was in place Im sure every QB played games with balls over inflated and under inflated. The great ones are great with whatever ball they have I their hand, no matter what the PSI is.

As far as your what if's, lets flip it= do you think the 1 pound less of PSI could have a negative affect on the Patriots??? What if the ball is thrown and because its a pound less in PSI it sails a hair higher than it would have had it had 12.5 psi, with doing so it gets tipped by a Pats WR and then is intercepted.

Or lets say the ball is fumbled and is bouncing around on the ground and due to it having one pound less of psi it bounces favorably to the team playing the Pats.

In both the instances I just gave it could negatively affect the Pats, do I think the pound PSI would have that much affect, NO. But people seem to think it will affect the game is some manner. In the same way as you say it can positively affect the Pats and it could negatively affect the Pats.

Let me state this CLEARLY = If Tom Brady made those guys deflate the balls then I think less of him and think it was cheating. He would be wrong for it.

The rest of this post it only talking about the notion that Tom Brady gets an advantage or somehow becomes better

I imagine that Tom Brady prefers a softer ball that's it, it doesn't mean he performs better. He clearly used a 12.5 inflated ball in the 2nd half of the Colts game and looked like Tom Brady. Aaron Rodgers has stated that he prefers a overinflated ball. He still has to use a 12.5 ball, does Rodgers look or perform any worse with the 12.5 psi ball???

this makes no sense. if the ball PSI makes no difference in how you INDIVIDUALLY perform or your teammates WHY IN GOD'S NAME would you break the rules purposely and risk fines and censorship to change it???? that is stupidity beyond belief. tom brady must be a mental midget!!

and rogers??? if the NFL had even a common lick of sense they would fine and censor HIM!!! he just admitted cheating in an NFL game to the world!!!

Before the PSI rule was in place Im sure every QB played games with balls over inflated and under inflated. The great ones are great with whatever ball they have I their hand, no matter what the PSI is.

and i would have ZERO problem with that. if it wasn't in the rulebooks for EVERY player to follow there is no foul!!!

try this... if tom brady doesn't like the rule why not get the NFL to CHANGE IT instead of risking exactly what has happened?????????? he is the golden boy along with payton manning who could do just about anything they want to and get it approved. why cheat?

As far as your what if's, lets flip it= do you think the 1 pound less of PSI could have a negative affect on the Patriots??? What if the ball is thrown and because its a pound less in PSI it sails a hair higher than it would have had it had 12.5 psi, with doing so it gets tipped by a Pats WR and then is intercepted.

Or lets say the ball is fumbled and is bouncing around on the ground and due to it having one pound less of psi it bounces favorably to the team playing the Pats.

In both the instances I just gave it could negatively affect the Pats, do I think the pound PSI would have that much affect, NO. But people seem to think it will affect the game is some manner. In the same way as you say it can positively affect the Pats and it could negatively affect the Pats.

the advantage of a better grip in my estimation negates HANDS DOWN your fumble/bounce inference. it certainly wouldn't sail higher with more air in it or even helium for that matter.

next: don't you think he is going to practice with a ball that is inflated to his specifications? or possibly change it in regards to weather conditions? if it is pouring rain you are not going to throw the ball quite as far for very obvious reasons. so you adjust your routes and the types of passes you throw.

that said... would even a SLIGHTLY better grip on the ball at the SNAP be an advantage to you, your center, the running back, the tight end or the wide receiver in bad weather be it cold or rain???

this makes no sense. if the ball PSI makes no difference in how you INDIVIDUALLY perform or your teammates WHY IN GOD'S NAME would you break the rules purposely and risk fines and censorship to change it???? that is stupidity beyond belief. tom brady must be a mental midget!!

and rogers??? if the NFL had even a common lick of sense they would fine and censor HIM!!! he just admitted cheating in an NFL game to the world!!!

and i would have ZERO problem with that. if it wasn't in the rulebooks for EVERY player to follow there is no foul!!!

try this... if tom brady doesn't like the rule why not get the NFL to CHANGE IT instead of risking exactly what has happened?????????? he is the golden boy along with payton manning who could do just about anything they want to and get it approved. why cheat?

the advantage of a better grip in my estimation negates HANDS DOWN your fumble/bounce inference. it certainly wouldn't sail higher with more air in it or even helium for that matter.

next: don't you think he is going to practice with a ball that is inflated to his specifications? or possibly change it in regards to weather conditions? if it is pouring rain you are not going to throw the ball quite as far for very obvious reasons. so you adjust your routes and the types of passes you throw.

that said... would even a SLIGHTLY better grip on the ball at the SNAP be an advantage to you, your center, the running back, the tight end or the wide receiver in bad weather be it cold or rain???

Did Tom Brady and the Pats play better against the Colts in the first half or second half????????????????

Both half's played on the same day with the same weather conditions.

Pats had Under inflated balls in the first half = Colts had perfectly inflated balls

Pats had perfectly inflated balls in the second half= Colts had 3 balls under the 12.5 PSI rule in the second half from post game inspection

Did Tom Brady and the Pats play better against the Colts in the first half or second half????????????????

Pats had Under inflated balls in the first half = Colts had perfectly inflated balls

Pats had perfectly inflated balls in the second half= Colts had 3 balls under the 12.5 PSI rule in the second half from post game inspection

So, your argument is that the Pats played better when they followed the rules? So breaking the rules should be ignored???? That's a good argument! NOT.

outplayed the first half outplayed second half ect ect ect.

would it have mattered in game strategy in the 2nd half if the colts were ahead by 21 points at half time?

don't you see... all of these are WORTHLESS scenarios. a conundrum. you could never know the outcome of an event in time as a certainty if you changed the reality of the past that lead to it. it is pure speculation on both sides but a true possibility for either. the reality is any final results could have happened.