Marshall trade to Jets

Guest TerraTor

I can't even root for the bears with Cutler

Yeah Terra to some degree I have to say this feels a bit hollow. I was sorta disturbed when they floated the idea of a trade and worse when it actually happenedz. Like I said earlier I don't like it for akt of reasons. Most of that was due to the need being on the other side of the ball and this doesn't directly help that...maybe long term it will. And that unlike many others I don't see him as much the distraction but more an outspoken leader. Like everyone else that was "Bears" last year he was frustrated and to me sounds like he vocalized it. Can't find fault in it. Hell if he pointed at Jay and said he was the cause for a lot of the offensive trips I woiuld have to agree wholeheartedly.

Personally I would have liked to see them pursue ridding themselves more of a player like Cutler. With players like Marshall, Forte, Bennett and AJ around you'd probably be able to bring in a relatively younger QB (with more ceiling) and still be productive of offense. Heck I see they decided to keep Clausen and even with him for a year or two I'm convinced he could have at least maintained the position until they found that diamond in the rough. Maybe with all the right moves they could have made a play for Mariotta?

Oh well, what's done is done. Onto FA next week. I'm curious to see what comes of it for our team.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like it was just a 5th for Marshall. The trade all depends on what they do with the cap room. As it stands, the Bears are pretty barren at WR.

There is no way you do that without a plan in place. Cap space is nothing unless you use it to replace the production. I fully expect some big deals within the next week.

According to Overthecap, we only save $3.95 and take on $5.625 in dead money due pro-rated bonuses accelerating to this year. So we would be lucky to get Hartline for that price. Not as warm to this deal than I was originally with everyone talking about $7.5 in savings.

Yep, just another gaping hole added to the Swiss cheese that is this team.

LOL!!!!!!!!!

Hit the nail on the head, by trading him them added another need. The Bears have too many needs right now. They need another NEED like I need a hole in the head.

I would totally get this trade if his cap hits were high, but they are not.

Looking back at Emery and his decisions and how they affected the team, this will be a major move that Pace and Fox will be judged on.

If BM doesn't produce the next three years this will look very good(with Geno Smith as the qb this could happen). IF they use the 8 mill a year to get a difference maker it will look even better.

There is no way you do that without a plan in place. Cap space is nothing unless you use it to replace the production. I fully expect some big deals within the next week.

According to Overthecap, we only save $3.95 and take on $5.625 in dead money due pro-rated bonuses accelerating to this year. So we would be lucky to get Hartline for that price. Not as warm to this deal than I was originally with everyone talking about $7.5 in savings.

One word: STUPID!!!

Hey, lets trade the guy who wanted to win and who called out people who didn't.... the dumbest move of all is .... whiney cuntler is still on the team... lets fill this team with i don't give a f#cks and see who we can get with the #1 overall pick next yr... wish i had better taste picking a team to root for when i was little, i was a fool to choose this team!

LOL!!!!!!!!!

Hit the nail on the head, by trading him them added another need. The Bears have too many needs right now. They need another NEED like I need a hole in the head.

I would totally get this trade if his cap hits were high, but they are not.

Looking back at Emery and his decisions and how they affected the team, this will be a major move that Pace and Fox will be judged on.

If BM doesn't produce the next three years this will look very good(with Geno Smith as the qb this could happen). IF they use the 8 mill a year to get a difference maker it will look even better.

I don't care what Marshall does on the Jets, but I don't see him breaking 1000 yards. He will have Geno Smith or a rookie at QB. I don't like the lack of savings this year, but we have some ridiculous cap space coming in 2016 (which will help extend Alshon and Long).

With the talks of Wayne not returning in Indy, I am surprised Indy didnt make a run at Marshall.

Hey, lets trade the guy who wanted to win and who called out people who didn't.... the dumbest move of all is .... whiney cuntler is still on the team... lets fill this team with i don't give a f#cks and see who we can get with the #1 overall pick next yr... wish i'd had better taste picking a team to root for when i was little, i was a fool to choose this team!

Plus, don't forget he all the work he put into helping Jeffery develop. He was the first guy to meet Kyle Long and the godfather to Bennett's kid.

This trade may cause more locker room problems than keeping Marshall would have. Marshall just turned 30, and has another 4 good years left in him and had a friendly cap number. I just don't get it. Had to be ownership.

Hey, lets trade the guy who wanted to win and who called out people who didn't.... the dumbest move of all is .... whiney cuntler is still on the team... lets fill this team with i don't give a f#cks and see who we can get with the #1 overall pick next yr... wish i had better taste picking a team to root for when i was little, i was a fool to choose this team!

Hey Terra, do you have a ghost writer? LOL.

But you're right, not a real smart move....maybe. I have faith only because Fox is proven to do good things wherever he goes. If this was Emery making these moves then my allegiance would be questioned.

:cheers

I don't care what Marshall does on the Jets, but I don't see him breaking 1000 yards. He will have Geno Smith or a rookie at QB. I don't like the lack of savings this year, but we have some ridiculous cap space coming in 2016 (which will help extend Alshon and Long).

I don't care what he does with the Jets, unless he is playing the Bears.

All Im saying is Pace and Fox will be judged on all moves made. This move is a big one..... I hope it was a smart one.

With the talks of Wayne not returning in Indy, I am surprised Indy didnt make a run at Marshall.

Me too. Maybe that's why the Jets jumped so quick? But like I asked in another thread, would the idea of bringing someone like Wayne over for a year or two be totally out of the question? He fits into that good character that the new regime is talking about.

Hey, you were little, you are big now, but don't seem to recognize a good deal when you see it. You can choose any team to root for you want now, it's called free will! So if you gotta a problem with Da Bears, move o.n Getting rid of BM

was the right deal based on age, injury problems, erratic behavior. So I am happy this went down and look forward to see what's next.

Plus, don't forget he all the work he put into helping Jeffery develop. He was the first guy to meet Kyle Long and the godfather to Bennett's kid.

This trade may cause more locker room problems than keeping Marshall would have. Marshall just turned 30, and has another 4 good years left in him and had a friendly cap number. I just don't get it. Had to be ownership.

There's a reason why this team hasn't won the s.b. for 20 yrs... morons running it

Getting rid of BM

was the right deal based on age, injury problems, erratic behavior. So I am happy this went down and look forward to see what's next.

Age- He just turned 30 and could realistically play at a high level for 5 or 6 years.

Injury- He played extremely well with the Bears prior to this one year that he played through injuries

Erratic behavior- Who cares? A lot of his erratic behavior this year has been taken out of context, and not as bad as it is portrayed to be.

Hey, you were little, you are big now, but don't seem to recognize a good deal when you see it. You can choose any team to root for you want now, it's called free will! So if you gotta a problem with Da Bears, move o.n Getting rid of BM

Yeah saved a little over 3 mil lost a little over 5 in dead space... good deal my ass.. marshall was the only one who called people out last yr cause he hated losing... thats why he was traded... hating losing is not a good trait for anyone on this team!

Age- He just turned 30 and could realistically play at a high level for 5 or 6 years.

Injury- He played extremely well with the Bears prior to this one year that he played through injuries

Erratic behavior- Who cares? A lot of his erratic behavior this year has been taken out of context, and not as bad as it is portrayed to be.

All true. But I'm not as upset as you about the deal. Guess it's mostly because I expected moves from the new regime and this one was telegraphed by many "insiders" for a while. Disappointed in the apparent 5th round pick they got. Not enough. But as with any trade, it'll take a year or two to judge this one. If BM lights it up in NYC and we don't put the cap space and pick to good use, this will go down as a terrible deal. He's been a great player and pretty good role model here. Something he said last year rubbed someone (Virginia?) the wrong way and now he's not a Bear. Hopefully Pace had more reasons for this move than just the old bat being pissed but we'll see.

I'm still in the give them the benefit of the doubt mode so I'm going to see what else happens here before getting irate over one move or another.

But I'm not as upset as you about the deal.

There's a few things that upsets me on multiple levels. It is hard to find someone of his caliber talent, the apparent meddling of the ownership, and the poor compensation in return. I could make a wall of text on those or other things.

This team can just be frustrating as a fan.

That Terra dude sure is a negative fucker in other breaking news. ..

If you copied and pasted all of his posts on one page, they would all read about the same.

"The bears are freakin stupid"

"The Bears are freakin terrible"

"I can not watch the Bear anymore"

I still get a kick out of reading his posts tho.

That Terra dude sure is a negative fucker in other breaking news. ..

He's been that way for the past 5-10 yrs on this forum.... the bears have sucked balls for every bit of that time frame... maybe instead of bashing him you all should recognize his relevance and stop being yes boys its okay to be upset with the team especially with the way it has been run for the past 20 yrs... and if anyone doesn't see that then you're nothing more than a corporate kissass

He's been that way for the past 5-10 yrs on this forum.... the bears have sucked balls for every bit of that time frame... maybe instead of bashing him you all should recognize his relevance and stop being yes boys its okay to be upset with the team especially with the way it has been run for the past 20 yrs... and if anyone doesn't see that then you're nothing more than a corporate kissass

Wow Terra has a fan club!!! :headbang

Just turned 30? He turns 31 in 17 days. You think he can play at a high level until 36 or 37? Based on others, he could fall off anytime between now and 34. I figure he has 2 good years and 2 average years left.

G. Jennings - last good season at 28

L. Fitzgerald - last good season at 28

M. Colston - last good season at 30

R. White - last good season at 31

W. Welker - last good season at 31

S. Moss - last good season at 31

A. Johnson - last good season at 32

Wayne (1 good season after 32), Boldin (2 good seasons after 30), and S. Smith (3 good after 30) are the only 3 active players to have good seasons into their mid 30's.

I don't necessarily like this trade in a vacuum, but I have to see who we sign with the $3.9 and who we draft in the 5th.

He's been that way for the past 5-10 yrs on this forum.... the bears have sucked balls for every bit of that time frame...

Pretty irrelevant that the team hasn't lived up to expectations. In all those years I don't recall one positive thing he's had to say. You mean to tell me that in all that time the team hasn't done ANYTHING worthy of a thumbs up?

This is a fan's board and trolls aren't tolerated here. The only thing that separates him from being any other troll is that he claims to be a Bears fan although he hates the team and everything it does. It creates all this meta BS on the board that isn't worth a damn. For all I know he could be a Packer's fan in sheep's clothing, just here pretending so he can get a bunch of Bears fans pissed off.

I'll move on now because I started this with him today and I'm an idiot for taking the bait. I'll just block him like I used to and that'll be that.

Peace.