Guest TerraTor

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Whoa.

Hold your horses.

What has transpired this last off-season is virtually completely opposite of what we've seen over the past 30 years let alone 20.

He's been that way for the past 5-10 yrs on this forum.... the bears have sucked balls for every bit of that time frame... maybe instead of bashing him you all should recognize his relevance and stop being yes boys its okay to be upset with the team especially with the way it has been run for the past 20 yrs... and if anyone doesn't see that then you're nothing more than a corporate kissass

The facts are, our new leaders thought he was a bad guy, and they talked to several of the players about him, and not one wanted him around. The fact he is gone is the proof of those things were true.

And just the other day we had "anonymous players" (currently on the team) say they don't see us winning with Cutler and don't' want him on the team. Yet it was Taboo. But now...not so much.

Hell, I'm part of his fan club. I know what goes along with membership...

It's very instinctual commenting. Stuff that passes through my head, but I filter it out after further thought.

I'm all for the variety of takes here! Sometimes it's fun to see the raw emotion w/o a filter!

Wow Terra has a fan club!!! :headbang

Hell, I'm part of his fan club. I know what goes along with membership...

It's very instinctual commenting. Stuff that passes through my head, but I filter it out after further thought.

I'm all for the variety of takes here! Sometimes it's fun to see the raw emotion w/o a filter!

Yep. I've never doubted Terra's allegiance. Although I wonder if there isn't something about the possibility of him being a Packer troll. Hmmm.... That would be interesting. He doesn't strike me as that devious. Just, like you said; raw, emotional and un-filtered.

I need to get home and get sauced to do this. :banghead

And to comprehend your writing..... or should I challenge you to checkers?

I didnt mean to put you down because you love checkers, I was just trying to make the point, there is more to the story than your brain lets you understand, and the new regime agrees with me. I read both Fox and Paces bio, and they love chess. go figure.

Whoa.

Hold your horses.

What has transpired this last off-season is virtually completely opposite of what we've seen over the past 30 years let alone 20.

Mad,

You're all over it, I was going to say the same thing. We have seen a very common theme every offseason until now. Firing a coach after 2 yrs, GM after 3, jettisoning a highly productive player in his prime mainly due to off field concerns. This is not our normal Bears at work, which is actually refreshing. If Cutler goes, I am all in on this plan. Forte I will be mixed on, but would understand it from a business standpoint, but he seemed to have lost a step last year.

I didnt mean to put you down because you love checkers, I was just trying to make the point, there is more to the story than your brain lets you understand, and the new regime agrees with me. I read both Fox and Paces bio, and they love chess. go figure.

Ah... I get it now. Thanks for explaining. (where's the drooling emoticon?)

I actually don't love checkers. Don't care for either in fact. I'm more a Tic-Tac-Toe type of guy.

Sure I'm not intimate to the goings on behind the scene but man you better believe if this blows up in our collective faces, I'll be one of the first to point it out. And before you or anyone says otherwise, NO I DO NOT HOPE THEY FAIL.

Actually the league knew we were going to cut him, so getting anything is a good thing.He was a very good player on the field, but part of the reason for failures last year are once things start going bad , you cant have one of your stars creating chaos. There is a reason teams getting rid of him. That is 3 now, if you every played team sports and you have a guy like him in the room, it creates a bad atmosphere to try to have a winning mentality on a team. He was part of all the bad of last year, plus he had his worst year last year, and is 31 years old. For all of you thinking we're playoff bound next year, this is a 2 to 3 year job to fix all the bad drafting and bad FA signings. Good people do it the right way and that is from the ground up. Look back at the fact we were only in the playoffs 4 times in the last 19 years and then maybe you realize how big a job this really is. There doing the right thing.

I'm sorry but I disagree on so many different areas.

He actually cultivated an atmosphere of winning imo. He organized meeting in the offseason with players and training. The first year he worked with Jeffery in the offseason, Jeffery made the Pro Bowl. Players that matter on the offense have came out in support of Marshall today.

He really wasn't bad last year as a player last year. He missed 3 games, played a few games where he was standing there as a decoy basically, and still put up over 700 yards and 8 TDs. I will be surprised if his replacement that is brought in, or the compensation for him will get that in 16 games.

You can say that cutting him is a game of chess, but I see it as sacrificing your queen to save pawn. Forte is the most talented player on the team, but will be done after this year. Marshall was the second best by a mile and could have continued to be for years.

Due to the Ray Rice problems, accusations dating back to the Dolphins surfaced. The team let him hold a press conference, which was stupid on his part, but even more so for the team allowing it to happen how it did. The guy was just trying to defend his name.

He wanted to win, and the team was playing like crap, and he called some guys out on it and told the stupid kicker to shut up. The kicker doesn't need to be running his mouth anyways.

A Lions fan was giving him guff on twitter, and he joked about a boxing match to try to promote something he had going.

A radio host was trying to bait him pretty hard into saying something stupid, and he got tired of it.

The talk of the media was if he could do his Showtime show with his new coach. He jokingly asked if Harbaugh would let him go.

His comment on buyer's remorse, was just a comment on the offense and team underachieving as a whole. It wasn't meant to be a shot at Cutler.

There is really nothing distracting, or malicious in his actions the warrant trading a top 10 WR in the league for a 5th round pick. It is good they got "something" for him, if they were going to cut him anyway. There's just absolutely nothing positive about cutting him in the first place, except maybe a happier overpaid kicker. A kicker that threw his own coaches under the bus before the season was over.

According to Aaron Lemming, who apparently has some connections, "From the hire of offensive coordinator Adam Gase to now, Marshall was reported as rubbing the new regime the wrong way."....So if true, all the stuff that we know about that went down last year could very well be irrelevant as he continues rub people the wrong way.

According to Aaron Lemming, who apparently has some connections, "From the hire of offensive coordinator Adam Gase to now, Marshall was reported as rubbing the new regime the wrong way."....So if true, all the stuff that we know about that went down last year could very well be irrelevant as he continues rub people the wrong way.

As per Dan Bernstein, the new regime interviewed most of the players under contract. There was no sentiment of, "We need to keep Brandon." In other words, the players hated him.

Also, The Bears had a sit down meeting with Brandon Marshall and they expressed to him they did not want him to do NFL Showtime. Brandon Marshall came out of the meeting, talked about what was discussed, immediately said he wanted to do Showtime, and asked Harbaugh if he would let him do Showtime if he came to Baltimore.

I've always thought the new regime would be crazy to be dump him because he makes the team better. But when he's openly defiant . . . not to mention he's pissed off ownership, he had a bad season, and he turns 31 . . . forget about it. It's great we got a 5th round pick.

As per Dan Bernstein, the new regime interviewed most of the players under contract. There was no sentiment of, "We need to keep Brandon." In other words, the players hated him.

Also, The Bears had a sit down meeting with Brandon Marshall and they expressed to him they did not want him to do NFL Showtime. Brandon Marshall came out of the meeting, talked about what was discussed, immediately said he wanted to do Showtime, and asked Harbaugh if he would let him do Showtime if he came to Baltimore.

I've always thought the new regime would be crazy to be dump him because he makes the team better. But when he's openly defiant . . . not to mention he's pissed off ownership, he had a bad season, and he turns 31 . . . forget about it. It's great we got a 5th round pick.

I don't have an issue with the coaches not wanting him if he was adamant about wanting to do his show. My biggest issue is the players that didn't have balls to stand up to him. If Robbie Gould was it, you dont have ammo to line up against any NFL team. Marshall is vocal and passionate, which is annoying I'm sure, but his locker room fits were because they were getting embarrassed. Those loses were sickening and everyone should've exploded. As much as I didn't want to take steps backwards, it is done. We've taken the first step, might as well take the rest. Cutler needs to be next and for money sake possibly Forte.

I don't have an issue with the coaches not wanting him if he was adamant about wanting to do his show. My biggest issue is the players that didn't have balls to stand up to him. If Robbie Gould was it, you dont have ammo to line up against any NFL team. Marshall is vocal and passionate, which is annoying I'm sure, but his locker room fits were because they were getting embarrassed. Those loses were sickening and everyone should've exploded. As much as I didn't want to take steps backwards, it is done. We've taken the first step, might as well take the rest. Cutler needs to be next and for money sake possibly Forte.

Why is it the players job? That would be nice. Except from everything we know, the coaches were totally okay with everything Brandon said or did. They may not have liked it, but they didn't do a damn thing to stop it.

If the coaches advocate the behavior, how is it his teammates fault?

Why is it the players job? That would be nice. Except from everything we know, the coaches were totally okay with everything Brandon said or did. They may not have liked it, but they didn't do a damn thing to stop it.

If the coaches advocate the behavior, how is it his teammates fault?

My deal is supposedly Pace/Fox sat with each player and BM was brought up and asked their thought of him. The verdict was most of them did not want him around. To me that is weak, but it is done. If the players disliked him that much then having an Olin Kreutz to tighten his lips up would have been nice. This team will need to identify their leaders and hopefully having malcontents is a thing of the past. Having 53 plus players, they are not all going to get along. It is just sad when one of your better talents gets voted off the island and they take his torch.

Ah... I get it now. Thanks for explaining. (where's the drooling emoticon?)

I actually don't love checkers. Don't care for either in fact. I'm more a Tic-Tac-Toe type of guy.

Sure I'm not intimate to the goings on behind the scene but man you better believe if this blows up in our collective faces, I'll be one of the first to point it out. And before you or anyone says otherwise, NO I DO NOT HOPE THEY FAIL.

Its call sarcasm(its a form of humor)

We wont know until they remake the roster how this will turn out. They could fail, but do you not understand we cant keep doing business as usual. What has been done in the past isnt working, 4 playoff visits in 19 years. They have to tear it down to build it right. Im hoping it all works out, that's the optimism in me. Marshall is part of the part that wasnt working. Good player but his baggage is a negative.

I'm sorry but I disagree on so many different areas.

He actually cultivated an atmosphere of winning imo. He organized meeting in the offseason with players and training. The first year he worked with Jeffery in the offseason, Jeffery made the Pro Bowl. Players that matter on the offense have came out in support of Marshall today.

He really wasn't bad last year as a player last year. He missed 3 games, played a few games where he was standing there as a decoy basically, and still put up over 700 yards and 8 TDs. I will be surprised if his replacement that is brought in, or the compensation for him will get that in 16 games.

You can say that cutting him is a game of chess, but I see it as sacrificing your queen to save pawn. Forte is the most talented player on the team, but will be done after this year. Marshall was the second best by a mile and could have continued to be for years.

Due to the Ray Rice problems, accusations dating back to the Dolphins surfaced. The team let him hold a press conference, which was stupid on his part, but even more so for the team allowing it to happen how it did. The guy was just trying to defend his name.

He wanted to win, and the team was playing like crap, and he called some guys out on it and told the stupid kicker to shut up. The kicker doesn't need to be running his mouth anyways.

A Lions fan was giving him guff on twitter, and he joked about a boxing match to try to promote something he had going.

A radio host was trying to bait him pretty hard into saying something stupid, and he got tired of it.

The talk of the media was if he could do his Showtime show with his new coach. He jokingly asked if Harbaugh would let him go.

His comment on buyer's remorse, was just a comment on the offense and team underachieving as a whole. It wasn't meant to be a shot at Cutler.

There is really nothing distracting, or malicious in his actions the warrant trading a top 10 WR in the league for a 5th round pick. It is good they got "something" for him, if they were going to cut him anyway. There's just absolutely nothing positive about cutting him in the first place, except maybe a happier overpaid kicker. A kicker that threw his own coaches under the bus before the season was over.

I understand your points, but he was disliked in the lockerroom. Give me the list of those that supported him? All I have heard is the ones that didnt want him around. Seattle got rid of Harvin because he was destroying the harmony on the team. As soon as he left they started winning again and made it to the SB. He was a great WR but he dragged the team into chaos. One problem was a lack of leadership, from the players and also from the coaches. He took that role and you see the results of a nutjob being your leader,5-11.

I understand your points, but he was disliked in the lockerroom. Give me the list of those that supported him? All I have heard is the ones that didnt want him around. Seattle got rid of Harvin because he was destroying the harmony on the team. As soon as he left they started winning again and made it to the SB. He was a great WR but he dragged the team into chaos. One problem was a lack of leadership, from the players and also from the coaches. He took that role and you see the results of a nutjob being your leader,5-11.

KyleVerified account

‏@Ky1eLong

Brandon was the first Bear I met at Halas Hall. He treated me like family for the last two years. Wish him nothing but the best with the NYJ

https://twitter.com/Ky1eLong/status/573904700321456128

martellusb

20 hours ago

Really hurt my heart hearing today's news. I love this dude so much. He's one of my daughter's two God Dads. Our friendship goes beyond the field, I've been a fan of @btm15 since he played in Denver. Always wanted to play like him, worked on my game to emulate his. I just wanted to play the way B Marsh played and plays. I came to Chicago to continue to learn from you, the phone conversations weren't enough. I appreciate everything you've taught me and continue to teach me. You've always been more than a teammate you're a brother, a friend, and a mentor. 'll continue to carry the torch. I just wanted to say something. I love you bro. And I'll miss suiting up with you.

https://twitter.com/Ky1eLong/status/573904700321456128

I imagine that Jeffery would have to be in there also, considering all the help he has given him among others.