Bernstein: Bears working relentlessly to move Cutler

DABEARSDABOMB

Evidently they already have some offers but are working hard to maximize and get more in return. I've said it before and I'll say again, he'll be gone and we'll get more than we expected for him. There is zero QB market out there and it is a weaker QB draft (that said, Its all a freaking crapshoot anyway when it comes to QB's, imo).

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Evidently they already have some offers but are working hard to maximize and get more in return. I've said it before and I'll say again, he'll be gone and we'll get more than we expected for him. There is zero QB market out there and it is a weaker QB draft (that said, Its all a freaking crapshoot anyway when it comes to QB's, imo).

Ha. And then all the Jay haters here will have someone new to hate... who will VERY likely suck harder than Jay ever did.

But if they move him, they move him. Jay hasn't made any believers here in Chicago with his schtick.

What an amazing year it's been for football in Chicago and the season is still almost 1/2 year away...

Ha. And then all the Jay haters here will have someone new to hate... who will VERY likely suck harder than Jay ever did.

But if they move him, they move him. Jay hasn't made any believers here in Chicago with his schtick.

What an amazing year it's been for football in Chicago and the season is still almost 1/2 year away...

I agree it will likely be ugly without Jay and I think QB is a crapshoot but I have a lot of faith in this regime and am okay with them wiping the slate clean and trying to build this thing and get it sent in the right direction. I also think Kap would be a pretty good fit if we are looking into turning ourselves into a power running team with a strong defense.

Aaron Leming ‏@AaronLemingNFL 3m3 minutes ago

I'm getting mixed returns on these Cutler trade rumors but I will say that @dan_bernstein has legit sources & it's very likely true. #Bears

Hmmm..... If true it'd be wise to get it done before the new year just in case talks fall through.

Aaron Leming ‏@AaronLemingNFL 6m6 minutes ago

I will say, there was a rumor swirling last week about Cutler to the #Titans for basically the swap of 2nd & 3rd round picks. #Bears

I can never buy into Bernstein, but I guess we shall see.

Not a fan or Bernstein but he was right about Marshal not that it makes everything he says right.

I think everyone knows Im on the keep Cutty for one more year bandwagon.

How much does trading him free up this year? Does it free the full 15 mill?

That is a lot of money to free up. I wonder if they like Marritoa and may be trying to trade up for him.

Not a fan or Bernstein but he was right about Marshal not that it makes everything he says right.

I think everyone knows Im on the keep Cutty for one more year bandwagon.

How much does trading him free up this year? Does it free the full 15 mill?

That is a lot of money to free up. I wonder if they like Marritoa and may be trying to trade up for him.

Frees up 12M

Aaron Leming ‏@AaronLemingNFL 8m8 minutes ago

I'm getting mixed returns on these Cutler trade rumors but I will say that @dan_bernstein has legit sources & it's very likely true. #Bears

Aaron Leming ‏@AaronLemingNFL 4m4 minutes ago

I will say, there was a rumor swirling last week about Cutler to the #Titans for basically the swap of 2nd & 3rd round picks. #Bears

Dan Bernstein ‏@dan_bernstein 10m10 minutes ago

Source: #Bears actively shopping Cutler, would move him for "reasonable return." Offers to this point have underwhelmed.

Those moves would be the equivalent to Pick#101 (early 4th rounder).

We would get Pick 33 and 66, they would get 39 and 71.

1. This is a bullshit leak that is not true or

2. This is real and the Bears leaked this to see anyone else wants to join in a bidding war to drive up the price

A swap of 2nd and 3rd would mean the Bears are doing this for basically a salary dump.

Pretty much. Having 3 picks in the top 40 plus 12M more to spend would be nice though.

I wouldn't trade up for Mariotta but if he falls to us I suppose I'd take him. Titans obviously believe Cutler>>Mariotta.

Pretty much. Having 3 picks in the top 40 plus 12M more to spend would be nice though.

I wouldn't trade up for Mariotta but if he falls to us I suppose I'd take him. Titans obviously believe Cutler>>Mariotta.

Im really torn on Mariotta, at times I think damn this kid could be special and then others I think he wont produce in the NFL because his speed will be nullified.

I know a lot of guys don't like Petty but I do. I would rather see Petty drafted later than see the Bears draft a QB at 7.

Im really torn on Mariotta, at times I think damn this kid could be special and then others I think he wont produce in the NFL because his speed will be nullified.

I know a lot of guys don't like Petty but I do. I would rather see Petty drafted later than see the Bears draft a QB at 7.

I think Hundley will bring just as much to the table as Mariotta to be honest. Wouldn't hate waiting to grab Petty.

Honestly, I'd probably just sign Jake Locker and hope he stays healthy. Or go with an old guy like Matt Moore/Shaun Hill

I think Hundley will bring just as much to the table as Mariotta to be honest. Wouldn't hate waiting to grab Petty.

Honestly, I'd probably just sign Jake Locker and hope he stays healthy.

If they are going to trade Cutler I would hope Pace and Fox are targeting a QB in the draft, maybe they were impressed by one at the combine. We all know Pace will be looking for a Breese type of guy for the QB position.

With all the holes the Bears have it is crazy to see them creating more with moving BM and now maybe Cutler.

Before this all started the Bears didn't need a QB and really didn't need a WR but a speedy WR would have been nice.

I do like the idea of a complete rebuild because it got so out of hand with Emery and Trestman.

Way to go in with an open mind! Sheesh... Not sure how you're convinced how anyone else could suck worse. What exactly did he get for us? Zilch. Oh yeah I forgot, strong mediocrity.

If this is finally a way to get something in return for him then good. Finally he will have proven his worth. There are still a few young former early rounders available in Locker, Gabbert of Ponder that might be worth taking a flyer on, if not just for camp bodies.

If Fox can go to the Super Bowl with the likes of Delhomme then he probably knows what he is doing.

Way to go in with an open mind! Sheesh... Not sure how you're convinced how anyone else could suck worse. What exactly did he get for us? Zilch. Oh yeah I forgot, strong mediocrity.

If this is finally a way to get something in return for him then good. Finally he will have proven his worth. There are still a few young former early rounders available in Locker, Gabbert of Ponder that might be worth taking a flyer on, if not just for camp bodies.

If Fox can go to the Super Bowl with the likes of Delhomme then he probably knows what he is doing.

Locker and Gabbert I would be cool with taking a flyer on. Ponder, I want nothing to do with. I jumped for joy when the Vikings drafted him at 11 or 13 whatever they took him at.

Locker and Gabbert I would be cool with taking a flyer on. Ponder, I want nothing to do with. I jumped for joy when the Vikings drafted him at 11 or 13 whatever they took him at.

My favorite toolbag of analyst, Mike Mayock, had all three in the top 5 that year for the draft:

http://nflfootballnow.com/2011/04/12/mike-...tion-nfl-draft/

Of course that could be more conviction of the draft class than anything. But then again this years draft class sounds a little familar(?)

Funny thing about Cutler, a lot or majority of Bear fans really dislike him and want him gone. I talk to friends of other teams and most of them would love to have Cutler. I have a bunch of friends who are Brown fans and Titan fans. These two teams have had similar QB experiences to the Bears prior to the Bears trading for Cutler.

Guest TerraTor

I can't Imagine someone sucking worse than him. .. but I suppose anything is possible

Guest TerraTor

My god really...