DABEARSDABOMB

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest TerraTor
ESPN 1000 ‏@ESPN1000 29m29 minutes ago

According to @ESPNChiBears on @WaddleandSilvy, Jay Cutler was in the building last week working with Adam Gase and the new playbook.

"OK Jay, this play is called 1-X Loner Go - stare at one WR and no matter how covered up he is whip it at him anyway "

Guest TerraTor
What is so crazy about that?

If the Bears trade Cutler we have Fales and Clausen....The Bears will need to draft somebody and I wouldnt mind them taking a flyer on one of those two guys.

Nothing but they are both garbage.. I mean Gabbert is looks like a lost puppy

Way to go in with an open mind!

Interesting you cut off the rest of my post where I kept an open mind.

Yes, I'm convinced that given what we know about QB's available right now and those in the draft, we're going to take a big step backwards in 2015 at QB. That doesn't mean trading Jay isn't the right thing to do, regardless, for the long haul. Bring in a kid to throw to the wolves? Not better than Jay. One of these stiffs available in FA? Not better than Jay. We could just turn into the 1977 Bears and run the ball all three downs with Bob Avellini throwing it 5 - 10 times a game. Hell if I know. But that wouldn't be better than Jay at QB. And it would be boring as shit.

But if they unload him, as I said, nobody is going to cry over Jay. And the negative nancies here will just hate on the next guy and the guy after that. Assuming we don't draft the next John Elway, which would then shut them up.

But gentleman, buckle up. If you think we're going to see an offense anywhere near as productive as what Trestman's was in his first year, without Jay, you're in for a huge disappointment. This is going to be a lot of work and will require patience. More than most of us here have.

Being someone that is not a fan of Cutler's play on the field, I have to say that you just don't get it. In the great Orton/Grossman debates, I was solidly on the Orton side and more than happy with his play and potential at the time.

I would love to have someone the quality of Aaron Rodgers on the Bears, but that's not my expectation. I personally would be content with an Alex Smith type of play. I just want a QB that plays smart and doesn't turn the ball over. If they draft a rookie or goes through other means doesn't matter to me. I'll be content with whatever they field this year, as long as they don't overpay/over commit to a turn over prone bad QB. Of course I'd like a top QB, but if we can't find a future one, find one to take care of the ball.

Cutler's been at the top of the league in turn overs twice in his 6 years with the Bears. For now, I'll just be happy with a QB that isn't a contender to lead the league in TO's.

Ha. And then all the Jay haters here will have someone new to hate... who will VERY likely suck harder than Jay ever did.

But if they move him, they move him. Jay hasn't made any believers here in Chicago with his schtick.

What an amazing year it's been for football in Chicago and the season is still almost 1/2 year away...

They are completely remaking the team and that means starting over at QB too. He wont be the QB when we are good again, so there just trying to unload that fu@ked up contract.

He was a Bears beat guy for 4 years and has a friend that still works in the office. That is what they call a source.

What their doing is getting rid of a lousy contract, its not like they have a plan for another QB right now. They will maybe take a flyer on Locker or some putz, the key is to get the team better(12 mil in cap). Rebuild the rest of the team, bring in a drafted QB and try to develop. It could be 2 or 3 years before we get the right guy, but you have to move forward to build the team and hope something comes up that works at QB. Like I said before, we arent tanking but next year is not a run at the playoffs. Its a 2 to 3 year plan to get good and stay good.

If they are going to trade Cutler I would hope Pace and Fox are targeting a QB in the draft, maybe they were impressed by one at the combine. We all know Pace will be looking for a Breese type of guy for the QB position.

With all the holes the Bears have it is crazy to see them creating more with moving BM and now maybe Cutler.

Before this all started the Bears didn't need a QB and really didn't need a WR but a speedy WR would have been nice.

I do like the idea of a complete rebuild because it got so out of hand with Emery and Trestman.

Before this all started the Bears did need a QB, they are stuck with Cutler because of his contract's guaranteed money.

Didnt need a veteran QB as he fills that need. I was and am all for them drafting someone

I am as well.He has proved to this point that he wouldn't be a good backup so why keep him in a role that he would not fit in.I say either keep him both years and take your lumps or dump him save some cap space and draft someone and take your lumps that way.

I am as well.He has proved to this point that he wouldn't be a good backup so why keep him in a role that he would not fit in.I say either keep him both years and take your lumps or dump him save some cap space and draft someone and take your lumps that way.

I think if the trade goes thru, they will sign Locker and draft a prospect, mid round.

Being someone that is not a fan of Cutler's play on the field, I have to say that you just don't get it. In the great Orton/Grossman debates, I was solidly on the Orton side and more than happy with his play and potential at the time.

I would love to have someone the quality of Aaron Rodgers on the Bears, but that's not my expectation. I personally would be content with an Alex Smith type of play. I just want a QB that plays smart and doesn't turn the ball over. If they draft a rookie or goes through other means doesn't matter to me. I'll be content with whatever they field this year, as long as they don't overpay/over commit to a turn over prone bad QB. Of course I'd like a top QB, but if we can't find a future one, find one to take care of the ball.

Cutler's been at the top of the league in turn overs twice in his 6 years with the Bears. For now, I'll just be happy with a QB that isn't a contender to lead the league in TO's.

This!!!

All we really need is a game manager. Cutler is no game manager.

The trade was us swapping our 3rd for there 2nd, not two picks being swapped.

That is not how took it. If they are trading picks, then it is a trade. If they are swapping picks, they are swapping picks. The tweet said:

the swap of 2nd & 3rd round picks

I don't know how you get our 3rd for their 2nd out of that statement. I get we would swap 2nd & 3rd round picks. I might just be reading into too much.

Evidently they already have some offers but are working hard to maximize and get more in return. I've said it before and I'll say again, he'll be gone and we'll get more than we expected for him. There is zero QB market out there and it is a weaker QB draft (that said, Its all a freaking crapshoot anyway when it comes to QB's, imo).

I'm skeptical. I have no doubts the Bears have explored options. But so far all of this is based on Dan Bernstein's report . . . who is not even a Bears beat reporter.

Everybody else in the Bears media has indicated that while it is not a done deal, the Bears will likely have Cutler return. I follow most on Twitter and not a one has responded to this report.

I think the Bears would love to dump Cutler but they have no better options and they are resigned to the fact their best option is for him to return.

Granted, that could change at a moment's notice.

I'm skeptical. I have no doubts the Bears have explored options. But so far all of this is based on Dan Bernstein's report . . . who is not even a Bears beat reporter.

Everybody else in the Bears media has indicated that while it is not a done deal, the Bears will likely have Cutler return. I follow most on Twitter and not a one has responded to this report.

I think the Bears would love to dump Cutler but they have no better options and they are resigned to the fact their best option is for him to return.

Granted, that could change at a moment's notice.

As per Adam Hoge, Bernstein's report is nothing new. The Bears are exploring offers for Cutler but they are not desperate to get rid of him. More importantly, if we are going to trade Cutler, there is no rush to meet the March 12th deadline. So this deal could take place later.

Game managers won't get you anywhere unless you have an elite defense.

Neither do turn overs, even if you have an elite D. Trust me, I want a great QB. My post was replying to the idea that the Cutler "haters" and negative Nancy's will never be satisfied unless the next QB is Elway which is silly.

The Bears tried a "gun-slinger", aka turn over prone, QB for 6 years. Personally, I don't have to go back and remember the QB's of the past and how poor they are. I seen this turd play and he fits on that list too, even if he is a floater and raises above the rest.

Give me a game manager, until they can find the answer and I won't be negative about the QB at all.

Meh, Jay was 27-13 as a QB when we had a good defense, and that's with a sorry ass offense around him.

You just said you needed a great D to win with a game manager. Then you say when he had a good D he won. That confuses me.

So basically, you take the 3 years that he had a winning record. You ignore the other 6 years, and blame it on bad D's. Then say, hey look he has a good winning percentage with good D's.

That is like me saying Cutler is only 34-45, and well below .500 when he doesn't have an elite D around him. Which of course, lead to 1 playoff appearance and win, and winning 1 of 11 games against the Packers.

Which again, shouldn't matter, as you just said a game manager can't win without an elite D because apparently he can't either.

Edit: had to fix the numbers, didn't give him credit for enough losses the first time I posted