would you swap our 7th to Saints for their 13th and 31st picks

50england50

On the draft trade chart the 7th is worth 1700. The 13th is worth 1150 and the 31st is worth 600 totalling 1750 deal would be slightly in our favour so we would gain the equilivant having the 26th pick in the 4th round.

Or do you stay with the 7th because this player may be elite.

Absolutely.

Peace :dabears

So weird that you asked that because I was literally just looking at the trade value chart after reading the Saints have 5 picks in the top 78.

However I'm reading that 7 is worth 1500, so I'm not sure they would do that (If the value chart should be believed)

I think 13 and 44 would be more realistic, and I'd probably do that. I might even think about doing 13, 76, and 109 instead to add even more talent.

Really like the idea of adding as much young talent as possible.

So weird that you asked that because I was literally just looking at the trade value chart after reading the Saints have 5 picks in the top 78.

However I'm reading that 7 is worth 1500, so I'm not sure they would do that (If the value chart should be believed)

I think 13 and 44 would be more realistic, and I'd probably do that. I might even think about doing 13, 76, and 109 instead to add even more talent.

Really like the idea of adding as much young talent as possible.

The Saints are getting rid of anybody any good, so since they are completely rebuilding mode, why would they give extra picks away, one player is not going to get them where they need to go.

someone at 7 is not going to turn there team around, but 3 or 4 good players could put them back in play in a couple of years.

I just did a mock with this scenario traded back in first with saints and then again with San Diego in round two for more picks. Here is how the draft worked out with 9 selections:

http://fanspeak.com/ontheclock/premium/draft.php?d=mupchd

YOUR PICKS

1: R1P13 OLB VIC BEASLEY CLEMSON

2: R1P31 CB MARCUS PETERS WASHINGTON

3: R2P16 CB KEVIN JOHNSON WAKE FOREST

4: R3P7 DE DANIELLE HUNTER LSU

5: R4P7 S JAQUISKI TARTT SAMFORD

6: R4P18 WR PHILLIP DORSETT MIAMI

7: R5P6 RB JAVORIUS ALLEN USC

8: R5P17 C B.J. FINNEY KANSAS STATE

9: R6P7 S ADRIAN AMOS PENN STATE

The Saints are getting rid of anybody any good, so since they are completely rebuilding mode, why would they give extra picks away, one player is not going to get them where they need to go.

someone at 7 is not going to turn there team around, but 3 or 4 good players could put them back in play in a couple of years.

More than likely true, but stranger things have happened. They did add Spiller and Browner, and hey still have Colston and Cooks for Brees to throw to.

Hard to believe if they really were shopping Brees that they didn't find a suitor, so I kinda doubt he was really on the block..

Yeah I can't see New Orleans doing this but I guess you never know. I could see them doing 13 and 44 if someone is there at #7 that they are enamored with and know they still have #31 in the first.

Parker, that would be a crazy draft, and you seem to hit every need (DLine, LB, CB, S, WR, OLine)

Yeah I can't see New Orleans doing this but I guess you never know. I could see them doing 13 and 44 if someone is there at #7 that they are enamored with and know they still have #31 in the first.

Parker, that would be a crazy draft, and you seem to hit every need (DLine, LB, CB, S, WR, OLine)

Thanks, the fanspeak premium mock draft is a lot of fun for $5. I usually try and target certain players that I think would be a good fit for the Bears by both BPA & team need as well as the depth of talent at each position available in the draft. It can get stressful when you have two highly rated players on your board available to be selected but you can only choose one. This is where I have to decide to choose based on need / BPA knowing the one I pass over will not be there with the next pick. I also look at the depth of a position in the draft and if I can get a player of similar talent / position in the next round than that sometimes is worth the risk of taking the other position player.

If they think they have a stud at 7, I would stay. Otherwise, more picks the better.

I agree, however they rated they draft board. I read many places there are basically 10 studs in this draft(of which I dont agree with because MM and Winston are two of those,will never be worthy of there drafted position)So if they see some slipping by the time there pick is up, move back and get one a few spots down.

They'd be crazy not to pull that one. That said, I don't see why the Saints would be down.

I could see them doing it if they were really high on someone that wouldn't be there at 13 (like one of the WRs Cooper or White), but it would be for their #13 and #44, not #13 and #31.

Just think, they could potentially get (Cooper/White) and still pick again in the 1st. That would be a pretty good consolation prize for losing Graham and Stills. They would have Brees with Unger anchoring their line, with Cooks and Colston + Cooper/White with Spiller/Ingram in the backfield. They added Ellerbe and Browner on defense, so pick #31 can get them another defensive starter.

I could see them doing it if they were really high on someone that wouldn't be there at 13 (like one of the WRs Cooper or White), but it would be for their #13 and #44, not #13 and #31.

Just think, they could potentially get (Cooper/White) and still pick again in the 1st. That would be a pretty good consolation prize for losing Graham and Stills. They would have Brees with Unger anchoring their line, with Cooks and Colston + Cooper/White with Spiller/Ingram in the backfield. They added Ellerbe and Browner on defense, so pick #31 can get them another defensive starter.

Yeah, 13 and 44 would be more likely.

On the draft trade chart the 7th is worth 1700. The 13th is worth 1150 and the 31st is worth 600 totalling 1750 deal would be slightly in our favour so we would gain the equilivant having the 26th pick in the 4th round.

Or do you stay with the 7th because this player may be elite.

In a heartbeat. I am a firm believer in acquiring as many round 1-3 picks as possible. I think it is a misconstrued notion that the value of the potential "elite" player outdoes the value of the very good (and better quantity). Plus there are plenty of elite guys that come out of the non top 7 picks. My only exception is if a potential franchise QB is there, than I think twice about moving down (if I am in need of a QB). Any other position, freak it, I'll take the extra picks.

What do the Bears need? An elite superstar or two extra decent starters. That is the question. If we can trade down and still get Shelton, who would be an anchor for 4-8 years, then yes. I would take Shelton at 7, because the OLB guys are suspect without studs on the line taking the oline out. This D needs a NT and one good 5T DE before OLBs can explode. Next years first will be about a 13-17 pick, expect a QB to be taken. With all the OLB we have, one can strike lighting....Shea? The guy is getting his natural position and on his make or break season. Whatever the Bears do, they need good players. Take the best and cross your fingers.

What do the Bears need? An elite superstar or two extra decent starters. That is the question. If we can trade down and still get Shelton, who would be an anchor for 4-8 years, then yes. I would take Shelton at 7, because the OLB guys are suspect without studs on the line taking the oline out. This D needs a NT and one good 5T DE before OLBs can explode. Next years first will be about a 13-17 pick, expect a QB to be taken. With all the OLB we have, one can strike lighting....Shea? The guy is getting his natural position and on his make or break season. Whatever the Bears do, they need good players. Take the best and cross your fingers.

They need as many good players as they can get. I wouldn't call the potential drop off from 7 to 13 elite to decent either. There should still be a pretty good player at 13. Trading down to 13 they can still possibly get Shelton or Waynes, 2 guys they could really use.

They need as many good players as they can get. I wouldn't call the potential drop off from 7 to 13 elite to decent either. There should still be a pretty good player at 13. Trading down to 13 they can still possibly get Shelton or Waynes, 2 guys they could really use.

If we can get Shelton at 13, then yes that would be exceptional. If we can get both Shelton and Armstead I'd be very happy.

IF next year looks like a strong QB or LT draft in the top 10 i would like to see the bears swap firsts this year and acquire a first for next year from the team moving up. then we move up next year with two firsts to position for one of those key type of players.

it seems every year we have a top ten pick the QB or LT positions are very thin to nonexistent. maybe we could change that.