Who's the round 2 pick?

madlithuanian

More I think about it the more I want one of the OTs. I think right now the weak link on this team as far as starters goes is Jordan Mills. With 3 highly rated OTs still on the board it appears that BPA and need could match up nicely.

I think the talent difference between Mills and Rolle/Mundy is huge.

More I think about it the more I want one of the OTs. I think right now the weak link on this team as far as starters goes is Jordan Mills. With 3 highly rated OTs still on the board it appears that BPA and need could match up nicely.

I'm just not sure if, given this teams awful defense last year, you can depend your first two picks on offense.

I'm just not sure if, given this teams awful defense last year, you can depend your first two picks on offense.

Interesting point. My counterpoint would be that Mel Tucker almost certainly had a play called "ham and potatoes" that he drew up with crayons.

Have to consider what Charles Leno, who was drafted in the 7th last year, can contribute. Not that its saying much he was designated with "All MWC" honors twice in his career with Boise State. (Darryn Colledge and Ryan Clady are both products of Boise St by the by). Haven't seen him play too much. AND have to consider it was Trestman and Kromer evaluating O talent the last couple years. And on the other side you have Brock Vereen who actually did play last year and didn't show much. But also had Mel Tucker running the show.

When it comes down to it, I feel you have to look at what you got and what you need. There is no question the D needs all the help it can get, more so than the O. And when you're weighing the need at OT vs Safety, safety wins. Especially long term.

IMO, if the Bears had a first round grade on Gregory (and some say top 10 talent) then I'd take a flyer on the kid and have his contract reflect his off field problems via penalties.

If they weren't that high on him, go with Collins or some other position of need with the highest grade.

I wouldn't let the past dictate what you do.

Collins, Phillips, or Goldman certainly make sense, but I think the biggest upgrade that could be made is at OT assuming one of Fisher, Clemmings, or Smith are there.

Mills was the worst OT in the league last year. Rolle is still a starter in this league and Mundy is really underrated here. Need DL help but I can't really say that McDonald/Ratliff/Ego or Houston, or some combo of that would be all that bad.

Have to consider what Charles Leno, who was drafted in the 7th last year, can contribute. Not that its saying much he was designated with "All MWC" honors twice in his career with Boise State. (Darryn Colledge and Ryan Clady are both products of Boise St by the by). Haven't seen him play too much. AND have to consider it was Trestman and Kromer evaluating O talent the last couple years. And on the other side you have Brock Vereen who actually did play last year and didn't show much. But also had Mel Tucker running the show.

When it comes down to it, I feel you have to look at what you got and what you need. There is no question the D needs all the help it can get, more so than the O. And when you're weighing the need at OT vs Safety, safety wins. Especially long term.

I really disagree with that OT vs Safety argument.

I know some won't buy it but the last 2 years not only was Mills the worst in terms of pressures given up, but Bushrod was actually 3rd to last in the league. OT is a huge need, and if they want time to let their playmakers do work it would be wise for them to take one of the OTs

Like I said in my last post, I really think Rolle is still a starter in this league. Ryan Mundy was one of the most efficient tackling safeties in the league last year, andifs highly underrated.

Both are long term needs, but for 2015 I think OT is the bigger need.

I just did a fanspeak mock using the CBS big board

YOUR PICKS

1: R2P7 OT JAKE FISHER OREGON

2: R3P15 OG/C ALI MARPET HOBART

3: R4P12 CB IFO EKPRE-OLOMU OREGON

4: R5P15 TE BEN KOYACK NOTRE DAME

5: R5P31 CB CHARLES GAINES LOUISVILLE

6: R6P5 DE 3-4 BOBBY RICHARDSON INDIANA

7: R6P7 RB KARLOS WILLIAMS FLORIDA STATE

8: R6P13 DT DERRICK LOTT CHATTANOOGA

9: R7P12 FS RYAN MURPHY OREGON STATE

I agree with you, Fisher is the guy that forced Kyle Long to a guard position. He can be put at LT and let him stay there for 10. Move Bushrod to a better spot for him at RT and you have a potential stellar line for the next 5 or 6 years. Would still need to get a OC prospect. If we have a great line, the QB is better, the running game is better and it makes the defense better. Im all in on a LT.

I just did a fanspeak mock using the CBS big board

YOUR PICKS

1: R2P7 OT JAKE FISHER OREGON

2: R3P15 OG ALI MARPET HOBART

3: R4P12 CB IFO EKPRE-OLOMU OREGON

4: R5P15 TE BEN KOYACK NOTRE DAME

5: R5P31 CB CHARLES GAINES LOUISVILLE

6: R6P5 DE 3-4 BOBBY RICHARDSON INDIANA

7: R6P7 RB KARLOS WILLIAMS FLORIDA STATE

8: R6P13 DT DERRICK LOTT CHATTANOOGA

9: R7P12 FS RYAN MURPHY OREGON STATE

Where did you get all the picks at?

I think they already know that answer with the Oline. So if we draft one then they dont think much of what we have.

I think they already know that answer with the Oline. So if we draft one then they dont think much of what we have.

You could make that same argument for any position.

Truth, OL is a need and was not particularly good last year and often neglected in past drafts.

You could make that same argument for any position.

Truth, OL is a need and was not particularly good last year and often neglected in past drafts.

Here is a list of the remaining players left and who I would have no problem with any of the top 12 other than the WRs.

http://gbnreport.com/updated-gbn-big-board/