No call when Cutler gets slammed to the ground

50england50

Why does Jay get slammed to the ground with his head pounding the ground but Aaron Rodgers barely gets his face mask touched and gets a 15 yard penalty. Officiating is a joke.

It's incredible. The god damned NFL is turning into the NBA. If that was Rodgers or Pretty Boy Tommy they suspend the guy! I'm really sick of the direction the NFL is heading.

Why does Jay get slammed to the ground with his head pounding the ground but Aaron Rodgers barely gets his face mask touched and gets a 15 yard penalty. Officiating is a joke.

Yeah, nothing new all year, we have been snakebit by officials all year, either non-calls against opponents, or phantom calls against us. Has literally cost us 3 wins.

this was pretty disgusting. this is how you end QB's careers by slamming them on the turf like it was all-star-wrestling. lots of chances for permanent shoulder damage to say nothing of severe concussions. this guy should have been flagged and ejected immediately. very reminiscent of charles martin's body slam on mcmahon. anyone doubting cutlers toughness needs to just shut the hell up.

as others on this thread have posted... if a player slammed tom brady or a. rogers like that they would be kicked out of freaking north america.

It was a legal hit.

i have to disagree. at the end of the 'tackle' he made a move to deliberately slam cutlers upper body into the turf that had nothing to do with tackling him.

this was not like he got rolled on or a hard tackle to take him to the turf. it was intent to disable the opponents qb plain and simple. this type of tackle would have been questionable 30 years ago. in today's nfl? he is fined and suspended.

I'm sure the league well review it. To me it looked like the defender was just trying to get him down while Cutler was trying to elude. The result was the slam.

If you take into consideration how Rodgers somehow got a facemask call when the guy swiped by his face and this call was not a 'roughing the passer' or other similar call, then there is no doubt inconsistency. And if they review it and do in fact determine the guys deserves a fine then that confirms our team got screwed.

If you take into consideration how Rodgers somehow got a facemask call when the guy swiped by his face and this call was not a 'roughing the passer' or other similar call, then there is no doubt inconsistency. And if they review it and do in fact determine the guys deserves a fine then that confirms our team got screwed.

I don't think it needs to be fined to confirm anything. It was pretty clear and still is by the replay, the defender lifted Cutler off his feet and slammed him to the ground. It was unnecessary.

Crazy to hear Pereira talk about this tackle on Sproles which is exactly what happened to Cutler: https://www.facebook.com/NFLonFOX/videos/977454565626017/

Pereira also agreed that is should've been penalized: https://twitter.com/MikePereira/status/673603012154167297

It's not a call they can't miss because at least one official spotted the ball after the play so he had to see the tackle. Plus the head referee is standing back there watching the QB. This has probably been the worst year for officiating in Bears games that I can think of. There's always a few calls that don't go your way during a season but this is every single game. I don't know how other teams' fans feel but seems like things are worse now with Blandino in charge of officiating.

If this is not a penalty against a QB, I don't know what is: https://streamable.com/9n38?t=41.3

Now look at this one which was penalized: http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlig...15-yard-penalty

The difference is Kareem happened after the whistle.

1. Cutler was tucking the ball and the momentum if the defender was bringing him the way of the slam. It is difficult to determine live whether extra oomph is added to a tackle like that, or if it is just the defender spinning and swinging a runner to the ground. Otherwise there is a flag on every single tackle where momentum carries a player off the ground, and it is not a form tackle.

2. The Brady foul, although incorrect, is a facemask call. There is virtually zero interpretation there. Get a finger inside the facemask, chinstrap, mouthpiece, inside part of the helmet and twist/turn...that is a foul. It just so happens that on this call, there was no finger inside; it just really looked like it. Rodgers' head turned. In real-time it definitely looked like a facemask foul.

The first was an interpretation issue. The second is just simply a missed call.

1. Cutler was tucking the ball and the momentum if the defender was bringing him the way of the slam. It is difficult to determine live whether extra oomph is added to a tackle like that, or if it is just the defender spinning and swinging a runner to the ground. Otherwise there is a flag on every single tackle where momentum carries a player off the ground, and it is not a form tackle.

2. The Brady foul, although incorrect, is a facemask call. There is virtually zero interpretation there. Get a finger inside the facemask, chinstrap, mouthpiece, inside part of the helmet and twist/turn...that is a foul. It just so happens that on this call, there was no finger inside; it just really looked like it. Rodgers' head turned. In real-time it definitely looked like a facemask foul.

The first was an interpretation issue. The second is just simply a missed call.

On the Cutler slam, that is not a tackle, he is literally flinging him over his hip with all his weight lifting him off the ground. Hard for me to believe the official standing in the shot could not see that.

For the facemask, are you talking about Rodgers or some other call on Brady?

It's not a call they can't miss because at least one official spotted the ball after the play so he had to see the tackle. Plus the head referee is standing back there watching the QB. This has probably been the worst year for officiating in Bears games that I can think of. There's always a few calls that don't go your way during a season but this is every single game. I don't know how other teams' fans feel but seems like things are worse now with Blandino in charge of officiating.

the officials, for whatever reason, rarely call roughing the passer when cutler is on the field. a game or two ago (maybe the packer game?) a D lineman takes at least two steps and puts the crown of his helmet on cutlers sternum AFTER the ball was released. clearly a late hit, clearly a hit leading with the crown of the helmet. no flag.

this has happened numerous times in cutlers tenure in chicago. late hits, blows to the head, piling on etc.

it makes ya wonder what the hell is going on with officating and why, in a time of babying qb's in the nfl, cutler doesn't even get blatant roughing calls.

I think we can all agree if the same exact thing happened to Rodgers, Manning or Brady there'd have been a penalty, fine and likely lynching.

I can get on board with that. But, it's not about the entitled, "Jordan rules", poster boys. My point is about legal hit or not. Plain and simple the tackle was legal per the rules. I've looked at it over and over and see nothing malicious at all. We didn't get screwed, we just didn't get preferential treatment.

Suh does it, and more than likely it's a foul.

I can get on board with that. But, it's not about the entitled, "Jordan rules", poster boys. My point is about legal hit or not. Plain and simple the tackle was legal per the rules. I've looked at it over and over and see nothing malicious at all. We didn't get screwed, we just didn't get preferential treatment.