2016 Post-FA Everyone Agrees Mock

jason

Well, it's about time to start this discussion back up. We probably have a minor signing or two left, but otherwise the team is set.

Remember, please do not submit another mock. No trades. Both include too many what-if scenarios. I'll fire up a mock, then everyone chime in with your thoughts, suggestions, recommendations, etc. List the players you hate at the round mocked, where you think specific positions need to be addressed. I'll try to stay out of it for the most part, and I'm trying not to interject what I want. I'm putting what I think the Bears might do based on their moves this offseason.

This is the previous draft we all agreed upon:

MOCK DRAFT VER 8.0

1. Ronnie Stanley, OT, ND

2. Sua Cravens, ILB, USC

3. Jayron Kearse, SS, Clemson

4. Bronson Kaufusi, DE, BYU

5. KeiVarae Russell, CB, ND

6. Dak Prescott, QB, MSU

6. Halapoulivaati Vaitai, OG, TCU

6. Silverberry Mouhon, OLB, Cincy

7. Glenn Gronkowski, TE, KSU

The new post-FA mock draft is as follows:

MOCK DRAFT VER 1.0

1. Shaq Lawson, OLB, Clemson

2. Hunter Henry, TE, Arkansas

3. Shawn Oakman, DE, Baylor

4. Zack Sanchez, CB, Oklahoma

5. Fahn Cooper, OT, Ole Miss

6. Vernon Adams Jr., QB, Oregon

6. Elijah Shumate, SS, ND

6. Dadi Nicolas, OLB, VaTech

7. Dan Vitale, FB, Northwestern

Alright. There's my complete remake of what I think the Bears are steering towards. What are your inputs? Hate someone? Love someone? Think someone is too high/low? Bad/great fit for the team? Let's see if we can all agree again!

Well, it's about time to start this discussion back up. We probably have a minor signing or two left, but otherwise the team is set.

Remember, please do not submit another mock. No trades. Both include too many what-if scenarios. I'll fire up a mock, then everyone chime in with your thoughts, suggestions, recommendations, etc. List the players you hate at the round mocked, where you think specific positions need to be addressed. I'll try to stay out of it for the most part, and I'm trying not to interject what I want. I'm putting what I think the Bears might do based on their moves this offseason.

This is the previous draft we all agreed upon:

MOCK DRAFT VER 8.0

2. Sua Cravens, ILB, USC

4. Bronson Kaufusi, DE, BYU

5. KeiVarae Russell, CB, ND

6. Dak Prescott, QB, MSU

6. Halapoulivaati Vaitai, OG, TCU

6. Silverberry Mouhon, OLB, Cincy

7. Glenn Gronkowski, TE, KSU

The new post-FA mock draft is as follows:

MOCK DRAFT VER 1.0

1. Shaq Lawson, OLB, Clemson

2. Hunter Henry, TE, Arkansas

3. Shawn Oakman, DE, Baylor

5. Fahn Cooper, OT, Ole Miss

6. Elijah Shumate, SS, ND

Alright. There's my complete remake of what I think the Bears are steering towards. What are your inputs? Hate someone? Love someone? Think someone is too high/low? Bad/great fit for the team? Let's see if we can all agree again!

God I hope not... Lawson is too small to be a 5tech and we are set at lb now... he isn't gonna out play mcphee, Houston, or young and I'd consider him a wasted pick... I'd go offense with the pick like ot ... hell I wouldnt mind even a rb cause that would mean we're committed to running the ball with a rbbc hell give me a one of the top safeties or cbs but really a guy who projects as an olb when we already have that position filled and maybe strongest on the team? If you go front seven, it better be someone who has the sized to play the 5yech like Buckner or Robinson... just my thoughts on it

God I hope not... Lawson is too small to be a 5tech and we are set at lb now... he isn't gonna out play mcphee, Houston, or young and I'd consider him a wasted pick... I'd go offense with the pick like ot ... hell I wouldnt mind even a rb cause that would mean we're committed to running the ball with a rbbc hell give me a one of the top safeties or cbs but really a guy who projects as an olb when we already have that position filled and maybe strongest on the team? If you go front seven, it better be someone who has the sized to play the 5yech like Buckner or Robinson... just my thoughts on it

Oh and while some may say hell no to rb, just think Langford gets hurt, we are left with an underachiever in Carey and Rodgers who himself has had durability issues...

Honestly, I'm not a fan of the new one and I don't see any problem with the original one we did. I would probably just replace Cravens with a DE (maybe Bullard?), Kafudi with an edge OLB (Joe Schobert maybe?) and Mouton with maybe a RB, I'd be good with it.

I think Lawson would make a good edge setter, which I am not sure we need. I don't think he will be a great pass rusher. I like the later pick with Nicholas, so not sure doubling up is good. A Robinson may work, he is raw in pass rush but stout against run, massive, and can develop pass rush skills.

Henry, I can see. Best all around TE for blocking/receiving. I may be ok with this, like Higbee later also.

Oakman, fits profile wise. 3rd may be slightly high, depends on who's board.

I would prefer a SS higher, Rolle is questionable. Cash or Kearse?

Just a few thoughts for now as version 2, 3 and so on shake out.

I'm still up. Make it quick and dirty...

MOCK DRAFT VER 2.0

1. Ronnie Stanley, OT, ND (FWIW - I no longer believe he'll be there)

2. Jeremy Cash, SS, Duke

3. Bronson Kaufusi, DE, BYU

5. Tyler Ervin, RB, SJSU

6. Tyler Higbee, TE, WKU

bear trap - (YES: OT in 1st, Buckner/Robinson at 5T, some RB depth), NO: Lawson at 5T

dawhizz - (YES: OT in 1st, DE early, OLB mid rounds)

ashkum - (YES: SS higher than 6th, Can see TE early)

MOCK DRAFT VER 2.0

2. Jeremy Cash, SS, Duke

5. Tyler Ervin, RB, SJSU

6. Tyler Higbee, TE, WKU

bear trap - (YES: OT in 1st, Buckner/Robinson at 5T, some RB depth), NO: Lawson at 5T

I'm mostly OK with it, and my main concerns may be debatable:

1) I think if we draft a S, it should be more of a FS than a SS like Cash. I supposed it depends on where you see Amos fitting best, but coming off a year when he had 0 ints and 1 PD, I would think they would want a better coverage/takeaway guy.

2) Isn't Kaufusi more of a 4-3 DE? I'm willing to be proven wrong on this, but he doesn't seem big enough for 3-4 end.

I'm mostly OK with it, and my main concerns may be debatable: 1) I think if we draft a S, it should be more of a FS than a SS like Cash. I supposed it depends on where you see Amos fitting best, but coming off a year when he had 0 ints and 1 PD, I would think they would want a better coverage/takeaway guy. 2) Isn't Kaufusi more of a 4-3 DE? I'm willing to be proven wrong on this, but he doesn't seem big enough for 3-4 end.

Amos played FS last season. The Bears D didn't produce INT's as a whole. I think with a better front 7, teams will be forced to pass more and INT's will come. We were still ran on a lot.

MOCK DRAFT VER 2.0

2. Jeremy Cash, SS, Duke

5. Tyler Ervin, RB, SJSU

6. Tyler Higbee, TE, WKU

I agree on Stanley, I think he's a lock for Baltimore. Though I suppose we can go with it....

I would flip SS and DE. There's gonna be a first round talent DL there in the 2nd, like a Chris Jones, or if the NFL world is as blind as mock creators, Vernon Butler. Stick with Kearse from the last mock in the 3rd.

I would swap QB and RB as well. If Jay goes down, they're screwed. Gimme Hogan in the 5th.....Unless they grab Matt Moore or another veteran QB to backup....Throw in Keith Marshall to that 2nd 6 spot.

I agree on Stanley, I think he's a lock for Baltimore. Though I suppose we can go with it....

I would flip SS and DE. There's gonna be a first round talent DL there in the 2nd, like a Chris Jones, or if the NFL world is as blind as mock creators, Vernon Butler. Stick with Kearse from the last mock in the 3rd.

I would swap QB and RB as well. If Jay goes down, they're screwed. Gimme Hogan in the 5th.....Unless they grab Matt Moore or another veteran QB to backup....Throw in Keith Marshall to that 2nd 6 spot.

Bal and NYG are the 2 teams very hard to gauge when you draft behind them because they usually go BPA even if its not a need.

Stanley is arguably BPA and fills a huge need for Baltimore.

Imo Stanley is a wildcard in the top 20 and if there is a run on defense he could be there. I reposted on my mock thread an updated version with a trade scenario. Unchartered waters for this old soldier who never did a mock with trades! Check it out and take me to the wood shed if you have to. lol

I agree on Stanley, I think he's a lock for Baltimore. Though I suppose we can go with it.... I would flip SS and DE. There's gonna be a first round talent DL there in the 2nd, like a Chris Jones, or if the NFL world is as blind as mock creators, Vernon Butler. Stick with Kearse from the last mock in the 3rd. I would swap QB and RB as well. If Jay goes down, they're screwed. Gimme Hogan in the 5th.....Unless they grab Matt Moore or another veteran QB to backup....Throw in Keith Marshall to that 2nd 6 spot.

I asked a pro scout about Butler possibly being a slight reach for the Bears in the first. He said he won't even be considered. Robinson on the other hand may be.

I asked a pro scout about Butler possibly being a slight reach for the Bears in the first. He said he won't even be considered. Robinson on the other hand may be.

I ironically I think Robinson is one of the more overrated players in the draft.

That's fine though, I knew I would be alone on this, but I love his upside.

I think the senior bowl week is the biggest test for a lot of players, and mainly defensive linemen who were consistently doubled in their college careers. What Butler showed me at the senior bowl was that he is gonna be a force at the next level. I know he was up against college offensive linemen, and this is a fairly weak offensive line class but still, I think it translates to the NFL........I don't think the Mo Wilkerson comparisons will come to fruition, but Mo Wilkerson is a top 3 defensive lineman so that is lofty expectations.

If he makes it to the 2nd round and the Bears draft him, I will be beyond ecstatic.

I ironically I think Robinson is one of the more overrated players in the draft. That's fine though, I knew I would be alone on this, but I love his upside. I think the senior bowl week is the biggest test for a lot of players, and mainly defensive linemen who were consistently doubled in their college careers. What Butler showed me at the senior bowl was that he is gonna be a force at the next level. I know he was up against college offensive linemen, and this is a fairly weak offensive line class but still, I think it translates to the NFL........I don't think the Mo Wilkerson comparisons will come to fruition, but Mo Wilkerson is a top 3 defensive lineman so that is lofty expectations. If he makes it to the 2nd round and the Bears draft him, I will be beyond ecstatic.

I am all for Butler, that is why I asked him. Maybe he was blowing smoke to cover any leaks. Most likely he is a late 1st early 2nd, and we can land him RD2.

MOCK DRAFT VER 2.0

2. Jeremy Cash, SS, Duke

5. Tyler Ervin, RB, SJSU

6. Tyler Higbee, TE, WKU

Still not a big fan of mocks but anyhow....

You know my stance on Olinemen for round 1. - Negative.

I'm going to hedge and say if they are available it'll be one of the offensive skill players; QB - Wentz, RB - Henry or RB - Elliot.

And despite the team's recent adds I would still very much like to see them pickup Ragland. Dude looks like a thumper.

Edit: thought I'd share this interesting read. Shows a compilation of various mocks and presents it pie chart form.

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl-mock-draft/201...dencies-experts

MOCK DRAFT VER 3.0

2. Vernon Butler, DE, LaTech

5. Jeff Driskel, QB, LaTech

6. Tyler Higbee, TE, WKU

6. Jalin Marshall, WR, OSU

dawhizz - (YES: OT in 1st, DE early, OLB mid rounds, FS>SS)

ashkum - (YES: SS higher than 6th, Can see TE early, Vernon Butler 2nd)

scs787 - (YES: DE>SS, QB>RB, Vernon Butler 2nd)

Alaska - (YES: QB/RB 1st), (NO: OL 1st)

Still not a big fan of mocks but anyhow....

You know my stance on Olinemen for round 1. - Negative.

I'm going to hedge and say if they are available it'll be one of the offensive skill players; QB - Wentz, RB - Henry or RB - Elliot.

And despite the team's recent adds I would still very much like to see them pickup Ragland. Dude looks like a thumper.

Edit: thought I'd share this interesting read. Shows a compilation of various mocks and presents it pie chart form.

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl-mock-draft/201...dencies-experts

Those charts are interesting. Early in the first (top 10) it's clear teams have needs and you see a strong vote for one or perhaps two players. As you move toward 10-20 it becomes more of a BPA with numerous players listed somewhat evenly in the votes. Then in the last picks 20-31 it becomes more need driven again.

MOCK DRAFT VER 3.0

6. Tyler Higbee, TE, WKU

6. Jalin Marshall, WR, OSU

I think this is ok. It starts out well the first two days but in the 4th Rd I don't like Zack Sanchez at all. Skinny CB and he's not that quick. Looking at 4th RD CBs I prefer DJ White who plays with some attitude, will get up on the LOS and press. He's small too but plays more competitively.

6th Rd: Jalin Marshall....what are we going to do with a 5'10" WR who runs a 4.68 forty and has trouble fielding punts? Looking over late round WRs there just isn't much worth looking at. Maybe if Cody Core is there we take him but he's got a 5th Rd grade. Better to go with BPA and take that kicker here although Aguayo now has a 2-3rd Rd grade.

I think this is ok. It starts out well the first two days but in the 4th Rd I don't like Zack Sanchez at all. Skinny CB and he's not that quick. Looking at 4th RD CBs I prefer DJ White who plays with some attitude, will get up on the LOS and press. He's small too but plays more competitively.

6th Rd: Jalin Marshall....what are we going to do with a 5'10" WR who runs a 4.68 forty and has trouble fielding punts? Looking over late round WRs there just isn't much worth looking at. Maybe if Cody Core is there we take him but he's got a 5th Rd grade. Better to go with BPA and take that kicker here although Aguayo now has a 2-3rd Rd grade.

Changes are coming soon, but I am a fan of both those guys. More Sanchez than Miller.

Sanchez may be skinny, but that dude is a ball-hawk, a real play-maker. He's one of those guys who doesn't always impress, but he's got a winning, explosive quality to him. He's a fighter.

As for Jalin Marshall, he is kinda slow, but he's another play-maker. I wasn't thinking of him as a punt returner.

Are you saying you do or do not want OT?

And are you saying you want QB in a specific round? Or early/late?

I think you address the positions fine, but dont like your CB in the 4th, would prefer Xavier Howard/Baylor( 6'2"

Also I would prefer Hogan/ST instead of Driskel.More of an accurate passer.

Seems like we almost have this figured out, unless there is more debate about the potential of a 1st round OT. If that changes, we may have to completely restructure. Eric Murray is added in as a scrappy CB, and Tajae Sharpe, a great hands/route guy, is the new WR in the mix.

MOCK DRAFT VER 4.0

4. Eric Murray, CB, Minnesota

6. Tyler Higbee, TE, WKU

6. Tajae Sharpe, WR, Mass

AZ54 - (NO: Zack Sanchez @ CB, Jalin Marshall @ WR)